PDA

View Full Version : iPod Observations

EvilCheeseWedge
01-21-2008, 08:25 PM
So, this semester I finally broke down and bought an iPod, right? I also go to a different school and itís 30 miles away. So every day I go to work, and every night I go to class. I'm in my car for close to 2 hours every day now, which is why I decided I could finally justify the cost of an MP3 player. Alright, so for the past few weeks, I've had my entire music collection loaded in there, and just had the thing doing one giant shuffle the whole time. As a result, I've made several observations...

I own too much King Diamond. Seriously, just why?
My bad taste is back with a vengeance. Nothing shatters my drive more than hearing the piercing scream of "MEETTAALLL!" from Dream Evil on my drive. I paid money for that? I should plant my car in a tree before I do something else stupid.
I still have no Metallica in my collection. Nope, not even pirated.
My iPod is convinced that the only Megadeth I should ever listen to is The World Needs A Hero. It also thinks I should listen to it a lot.
Despite owning a retarded amount of Black Sabbath albums, the only songs shuffle lands on are from Paranoid.
I apparently own a Blue Oyster Cult album. When did that happen?

/important information

overkiller
01-21-2008, 08:32 PM

That isn't possible, unless of course you own every release plus Give Me Your Soul... Please. Then that's just too much.

EvilCheeseWedge
01-21-2008, 08:37 PM
That isn't possible, unless of course you own every release plus Give Me Your Soul... Please. Then that's just too much.

I own most of them including Give Me Your Soul... Please ;)

JRA
01-21-2008, 08:56 PM

My iPod is convinced that the only Megadeth I should ever listen to is The World Needs A Hero. It also thinks I should listen to it a lot.

Despite owning a retarded amount of Black Sabbath albums, the only songs shuffle lands on are from Paranoid.

1. I don't know, but sounds like you need some Mercyful Fate. Get Melissa, pronto.

2. If you must, get Ride The Lightining.

3. My party shuffle thought the only Megadeth song I should listen to was "This Was My Life." :hecho:

4. Maybe your iPod hates the Tony Martin albums too.

5. Maybe it slipped in when you were supposed to get Helloween? :D

powerslave_85
01-21-2008, 09:08 PM
I never put mine on shuffle. I'm never in the mood to have death metal mixed in with punk, indie pop, rap, and spoken word comedy albums.

overkiller
01-21-2008, 09:10 PM
I never put mine on shuffle. I'm never in the mood to have death metal mixed in with punk, indie pop, rap, and spoken word comedy albums.

Yeah, any time I've tried to put mine on shuffle, I'd end up skipping tracks endlessly and just wind up putting on a whole album that fit my mood.

Div
01-21-2008, 09:20 PM
I play it by album, usually whatever comes to mind first when I get in the car.

hot_turkey_ed
01-21-2008, 09:40 PM

Yeah, any time I've tried to put mine on shuffle, I'd end up skipping tracks endlessly and just wind up putting on a whole album that fit my mood.

I hear you both but that's what smart lists are for! :D

overkiller
01-21-2008, 09:40 PM
I hear you both but that's what smart lists are for! :D

9 times out of 10 I'd sooner listen to an entire album anyway.

ChildrenofSodom
01-22-2008, 04:15 AM
I have mixed feelings on the shuffle (:eyes:) About 4 years ago, going back to last year, I would always buy the shittiest albums at CD Connection just because they were cheap. I mean, Born for Bliss, Virus 7, Force of Evil, New Eden, Invictus, etc. They all had one song that I kinda like, but the album as a whole sucked balls. I like the nostalgia of hitting those old songs on shuffle, but then I realize why I never took them out of their cases after the first week of ownership.

Fe Maiden
01-22-2008, 07:44 AM
[/LIST]
That is not necessarily a bad thing!

Maiden33
01-22-2008, 07:57 AM
New Eden, Invictus

Do you mean the band "New Eden" that has Rick Mythiasin on vocals, and the band "Invictus" which is on LMP records?

EvilCheeseWedge
01-22-2008, 08:31 AM
That is not necessarily a bad thing!

No, I enjoy me some BoC, but I never even realized I owned one of their albums ;)

ChildrenofSodom
01-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Do you mean the band "New Eden" that has Rick Mythiasin on vocals, and the band "Invictus" which is on LMP records?

Yeah. I have New Eden "Obscure Master Plan" and Invictus "Black Heart." Not terrible albums. A few songs are memorable, but in a quirky kind of way. I wouldnt put them near the top of my list of all-time faves, but they arent god-awful.

powerslave_85
01-22-2008, 10:01 AM
9 times out of 10 I'd sooner listen to an entire album anyway.
Same here.

DreamEvil001
01-22-2008, 10:34 AM
My bad taste is back with a vengeance. Nothing shatters my drive more than hearing the piercing scream of "MEETTAALLL!" from Dream Evil on my drive. I paid money for that? I should plant my car in a tree before I do something else stupid.

/important information

the way to avoid some of those repeat issues is to put your entire library into a playlist, press shuffle and then load it onto your iPod and listen to it while not in shuffle mode. The list is random and you can always go back to it and start from the last song you heard so you don't just hear endless repeats

DethMaiden
01-22-2008, 12:26 PM
I never shuffle. Full albums please and thank you.

Maiden33
01-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Yeah. I have New Eden "Obscure Master Plan" and Invictus "Black Heart." Not terrible albums. A few songs are memorable, but in a quirky kind of way. I wouldnt put them near the top of my list of all-time faves, but they arent god-awful.

If you'd want to sell either of those discs for a good price I might be interested.

ChildrenofSodom
01-22-2008, 01:29 PM
If you'd want to sell either of those discs for a good price I might be interested.

They arent in the best condition, but I guess I could send them your way. :eyes:

I think you know my price :hmm:

HECHO EN MEXICO
03-27-2008, 03:06 AM
shuffle DOES NOT WORK FOR ME CUZ
(ABOUT) 50% OF THE MUSIC I LISTEN TO IS NOT METAL OR EVEN HARD ROCK!
I LISTEN TO....

(OLD SCHOOL) CUMBIA, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49dYnuZbHFo&feature=related

SOUL OLDIES, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6aI9IP10Bw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI0YcHLs9nA&feature=related

THE CURE,

MORRISSEY

THE Smiths

SALSA, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acvrkfGKa3o&feature=related

OLD SCHOOL GANGSTA RAP,

KEYBOARD MUSIC (Depeche Mode, When In Rome, OMD, B-Movie, FLOCK OF SEAGULLS)

FUNK/P-FUNK http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCgthG5sL6M
(NOT DISCO OR DISCO/FUNK)
FUNK THAT BLACK PEOPLE LISTEN TO NOT THAT WATERED DOWN DISCO CRAP

HECHO EN MEXICO
03-27-2008, 03:07 AM
I never shuffle. Full albums please and thank you.
WORDS OF WISDOM.

shuffle. IS FOR FAGS THAT ONLY LISTEN TO POP SINGLES OR THE HITS!

es156
03-27-2008, 05:47 AM
WORDS OF WISDOM.

:lol: :lol:

HECHO EN MEXICO
03-27-2008, 02:09 PM
:lol: :lol:

its true

Firewind
03-27-2008, 05:34 PM
My iPod thinks I should listen to Napalm Death every four songs, even though I only own The Code is Red and Smear Campaign. Also, it thinks any Iron Maiden not from X Factor isn't worth hearing. It also has an infatuation with my King Diamond, along with my one DragonForce album.

And the too many different kinds of music I have also make the shuffle tough.

hot_turkey_ed
03-27-2008, 06:08 PM
WORDS OF WISDOM.

Hecho is back! :hecho:

<puts hand on eyes.. shakes head>

Guess I should reable pics for you.... :D

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
03-27-2008, 09:12 PM
my ipod seems to think I want to hear Dio/Sabbath every 3rd song or so.

not that there's anything wrong with Dio/Sabbath, but it only amounts to maybe 30-40 songs out of 1650.

my Ipod is probably 85% metal, but I still like shuffle most of the time. Like having my own radio station that only plays songs I like.

HECHO EN MEXICO
03-28-2008, 01:45 AM
Hecho is back! :hecho:

<puts hand on eyes.. shakes head>

Guess I should reable pics for you.... :D

:tongue::allan:

JuuKun
04-14-2008, 07:09 AM
My iPod is in love with Nightwish, mainly the Tarja albums but it does slip in Dark Passion Play songs occasionally. It also thinks I should never listen to the Dio Sabbath songs, just Ozzy Sabbath.

It also likes to give me the longest songs in my collection back-to-back, usually leading to 30+ minutes spent over two songs.

But, yeah, I have some different types of music in here besides metal but I just hit shuffle and let it go all day when I'm at home.