PDA

View Full Version : iPod question

ChildrenofSodom
12-28-2007, 10:56 AM
I got an 80 GB iPod classic for Christmas, and the past few days I have been putting my CDs into iTunes. I am about 1/3 through my collection.

So I decided to put what I had on my iPod. And Christmas I had put about 5 cds on the iPod just to make it through family dinner. And the sync worked fine, it was all good.

Well yesterday, I was trying to connect the iPod to the PC, and it wouldn't connect. It would say "Connected-Eject Before Disconnect" for about 5 seconds, then it would go to an EJECT screen, then the OK to Disconnect...all by itself apparently. I tried all 4 USB ports on the PC and that didnt seem to be the problem. So this morning, I wrapped a rubberband around the iPod to hold the cable firmly in the little port on the bottom, and its working fine now.

What do I do? Get ahold of Apple and get a new cable? Go to Wal-Mart for a new cable? Get my iPod exchanged for one with a new port?

DethMaiden
12-28-2007, 12:30 PM
Hmm...I would call Apple.

DreamEvil001
12-28-2007, 02:40 PM
go to wherever you got it and show them it doesn't work and get a new one

ChildrenofSodom
12-28-2007, 07:24 PM
go to wherever you got it and show them it doesn't work and get a new one

My grandmother ordered it from apple for Christmas.

Div
12-28-2007, 08:01 PM
apple

Well THERE'S your problem.

JRA
12-28-2007, 08:10 PM

:lol:

ChildrenofSodom
12-28-2007, 09:22 PM

Shut it Adam.

Dimebag_Rusty
01-02-2008, 02:05 AM
hmm i got the same ipod for christmas

uhh i say reinstall itunes.. completely delete all ipod and itunes software.. then CLEAR your ipod.. to factory

then reinstall/resync

if that doesnt work.. then i guess send it back to apple

also whats bad for it is plugging out the ipod without pressing the eject button.. if you dont press the eject button before plugging out the ipod.. then it screws with the ipod.

ChildrenofSodom
01-02-2008, 10:07 AM
i fixed it....my friend said it was a soldering problem. Got a new cable. Its fine.

powerslave_85
01-02-2008, 10:10 AM
I really like how the new ones eject themselves automatically when it's done syncing. Hell, I just love my new iPod in general.

EvilCheeseWedge
01-02-2008, 11:22 AM
I finally broke down an bought an iPod. I bought a new 5th gen one though, the older 80GB iPod, because I want to be able to use it on the dock with my home theater system, which doesn't work with 6th gen (classic) iPods. With the new gen, you have to buy a $50 cable from Apple for TV-out, and even then, from what I understand if I place a 6th gen iPod on my old dock, the iPod disables TV out anyways. Very lame. That said, I'm pretty excited to get the iPod, and I'm contemplating buying a new stereo for my car so I can plug my iPod in. I've been thinking about replacing my car stereo anyways, since I still have a factory one. Anyone got any recommendations on that one? I'm leaning towards a Pioneer DEH-4900I at the moment.

ChildrenofSodom
01-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Anyone got any recommendations on that one? I'm leaning towards a Pioneer DEH-4900I at the moment.

Get an 8-track.

TonyD
01-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Get an 8-track.

So you can play your copy of Love Gun on 8 track

JRA
01-03-2008, 01:06 PM
So you can play your copy of Love Gun on 8 track

BEST IDEA EVAR!!! :party:

JRA
01-03-2008, 01:06 PM
I finally broke down an bought an iPod.

You Pussy! :mad:

ChildrenofSodom
01-03-2008, 09:48 PM

Thats what she said. ;)

EvilCheeseWedge
01-04-2008, 10:02 AM

Sorry sir :snivel:

I ended up buying that Pioneer stereo and it is indeed sweet. Now, if only my iPod would get here...

JRA
01-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Sorry sir :snivel:

I ended up buying that Pioneer stereo and it is indeed sweet. Now, if only my iPod would get here...

:bouville:

Be prepared for a lot of annoying inconveniences.

powerslave_85
01-04-2008, 10:46 AM
:bouville:

Be prepared for a lot of annoying inconveniences.
Like what?

EvilCheeseWedge
01-11-2008, 11:26 PM
I just want to update this to say I am so in love with my iPod that I'm beginning to hate myself even more then normal.

powerslave_85
01-12-2008, 12:21 AM
I love mine a lot too. Cover Flow = ownage. And videos look great on it, much better than I thought they would.

EvilCheeseWedge
01-12-2008, 12:43 AM
I love mine a lot too. Cover Flow = ownage. And videos look great on it, much better than I thought they would.

I don't have Cover Flow, because I have a 5.5G iPod, but videos look fucking fantastic on it. The features from mine to the current gen are pretty similiar. My music collection is only 30GB, so I can easily load that on there and have tons of room left for videos and other stuff (80GB model.)

JRA
01-12-2008, 07:10 AM
Like what?

Well one day you are gonna accidentally disconnect the iPod when it has that "no" sign on the screen (maybe your computer will lock up or something), and then all hell breaks loose. :hecho:

EvilCheeseWedge
01-12-2008, 08:07 AM
Well one day you are gonna accidentally disconnect the iPod when it has that "no" sign on the screen (maybe your computer will lock up or something), and then all hell breaks loose. :hecho:

I've done that twice already, and once it pissed off the iPod, so it restarted, but was cool, and other time... nothing happened. I'm sure the third time it happens it will explode and imbed shrapnel in my face, making me monstrously hideous, which in turns will drive me underground and out of the public. In my underground lair I will think of nothing other than getting revenge on Steve Jobs for what his iPod did to me.

DreamEvil001
01-12-2008, 11:07 AM
I've done that twice already, and once it pissed off the iPod, so it restarted, but was cool, and other time... nothing happened. I'm sure the third time it happens it will explode and imbed shrapnel in my face, making me monstrously hideous, which in turns will drive me underground and out of the public. In my underground lair I will think of nothing other than getting revenge on Steve Jobs for what his iPod did to me.

:lol:

yeah, I've done it a few times and all it says is something may not have transferred and don't do it again

powerslave_85
01-12-2008, 11:14 AM
I did that once with my old iPod, and it basically "erased" everything. But when I synced it up again everything came back. The new ones are much better about that since they automatically disconnect when it's done.

TonyD
01-13-2008, 12:07 AM
I did that once with my old iPod, and it basically "erased" everything. But when I synced it up again everything came back. The new ones are much better about that since they automatically disconnect when it's done.

I've done that to mine a few times, but it only erases your music if you unplug it while it is updating
I stand by my black and white 4g model. I'll be running that thing til the hard drive is worn out worse than your vinyl copy of Van Halen I