Well, this blows:

Megadeth
In Flames
Children of Bodom
Job For A Cowboy
High On Fire

Axis_Of_Metal
12-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Job For A Cowboy and High on Fire......WTF!!!

SomewhereInTime72
12-22-2007, 11:50 AM
Didn't Dave once say he prefers normal singing.

overkiller
12-22-2007, 11:51 AM
:zzz:

Nick
12-22-2007, 11:55 AM
Well that pretty much sucks as much as I'd expect it to.

iggyb387
12-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Eh. It can't be that bad. 3 bands that at least were good, and only 5 total. More than half the show will be at least somewhat enjoyable, and longer set for Megadeth.

TonyD
12-22-2007, 02:42 PM
I'll be there
3/5 is all I can really ask for in a package tour.
So if it follows this order, I won't have to watch more than 1 band that I don't want to see in a row. And a bunch of my friends will probably go, so it's guarenteed to be a good time.
High on Fire rules.

DethMaiden
12-22-2007, 03:41 PM
For Megadeth, I may go. The rest of those bands do nothing for me though, honestly.

JRA
12-22-2007, 04:31 PM
For Megadeth, I may go. The rest of those bands do nothing for me though, honestly.

Don't you like High On Fire?

DethMaiden
12-22-2007, 04:52 PM
Don't you like High On Fire?

Meh. Not really. I respect High On Fire.

hot_turkey_ed
12-22-2007, 10:36 PM
:zzz:

:fist:

sneakbobcat
12-23-2007, 05:23 AM
It's like Unholy Alliance Europe a little bit.

DethMaiden
12-23-2007, 09:58 AM
It's like Unholy Alliance Europe a little bit.

What, awful?

Spiral_Slave
12-23-2007, 11:03 AM
I'll agree it's not a good line-up, but I'll probably end up going. I want to see Bodom again, I'd like to see In Flames, and Megadeth always put on a great show. And I'm sure most of my friends will wanna go.

hot_turkey_ed
12-23-2007, 01:15 PM
I'll agree it's not a good line-up, but I'll probably end up going. I want to see Bodom again, I'd like to see In Flames, and Megadeth always put on a great show. And I'm sure most of my friends will wanna go.

You're probably speaking for a lot of people, myself included, with your post.

SomewhereInTime72
12-23-2007, 01:24 PM

Me too, haha.

ravenheart
12-23-2007, 03:52 PM
If it were here, I wouldn't go anywhere near it.

Watching High On Fire then sitting through three hours of shite to wait for Megadeth is not my idea of a good night out.

Hardly Dream Theater, Symphony X, Anthrax, Nevermore, is it?

DethMaiden
12-23-2007, 05:37 PM

Watching High On Fire then sitting through three hours of shite to wait for Megadeth is not my idea of a good night out.

Hardly Dream Theater, Symphony X, Anthrax, Nevermore, is it?

2005's lineup was tremendous. The bands you mentioned plus Fear Factory, hell yeah. 2006 (which I went to) was good for Opeth and Arch Enemy, but the presence of Lamb of God was sadly a sign of things to come.

overkiller
12-23-2007, 06:46 PM

...Definitely not for me. Gigantour last year was bad enough, this year it's a big s-k-i-p.

Div
12-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Megadeth - id like to see them but i dont think its worth paying for:
In Flames - nu-metal posing as death metal
Children of Bodom - alexi will probably be piss drunk as usual, making his shitty music 10x worse
Job For A Cowboy - possibly the dumbest band name of the bunch, which is really saying something sense theyre all pretty bad
High On Fire - i dont really have anything against this band, theyre just.. meh

JRA
12-23-2007, 07:19 PM

Sounds like what I did for 2006, except switch High On Fire with Overkill.

By the way, where did you get this information from?

Dimebag_Rusty
12-23-2007, 07:20 PM
I love Megadeth, Job for a cowboy, and children of bodom.. this show should kick ass!

TonyD
12-23-2007, 08:20 PM

blabbermouth

other than high on fire, Ozzfest, SotU and Gigantour are now a playground kickball team of american festivals. Same bands distributed differently within 3 or 4 lineups every year.
Only you've Ozzy, Gwar and Megadeth every time.

Megadeth better play the damn Mechanix

ravenheart
12-24-2007, 05:51 AM

For Overkill, I'd do it.

And no, not Blabbermouth, because Blabbermouth sucks donkeycock.

Bravewords.com.

The information came out because, even though Dave hasn't officially announced the bands, he did a photoshoot for Revolver last Friday with the front-men from each band, ready for the official announcement.

ChildrenofSodom
12-24-2007, 08:54 AM
I always like to see Megadeth. I have seen them twice, and no complaints. I also like seeing In Flames. Say what you will about their newer stuff, I like them. I am not even one of their biggest fans, I dont listen to them that much anymore. But I do believe they are one of the most entertaining live bands I have seen.

CoB I wont mind, High on Fire I wont mind.....but BlowJob for a Cowboy is going to suck balls. I already have to see them with Skeletonwitch, why twice in one lifetime?

ravenheart
12-24-2007, 09:04 AM
I just think this "melodic death" stuff is such a cop-out. It's neither one thing nor the other and is isn't good enough at either thing to add up to a coherent whole.

Generally speaking the drum and guitar talent in these bands is completely wasted.

Megadeth I've seen once. Love the band, but their show was incredibly boring. Mostly because they don't actually have one. I'm giving them another chance in February at a better venue. If they're dull again then I won't see them anymore.

hot_turkey_ed
12-24-2007, 11:28 AM
I just think this "melodic death" stuff is such a cop-out. It's neither one thing nor the other and is isn't good enough at either thing to add up to a coherent whole.

Generally speaking the drum and guitar talent in these bands is completely wasted.

Megadeth I've seen once. Love the band, but their show was incredibly boring. Mostly because they don't actually have one. I'm giving them another chance in February at a better venue. If they're dull again then I won't see them anymore.

In the past, Megadeth has put on a much better show for Gigantour than their typical tour stop. In fact, last year's Gigantour was so cool (read pyro) that their regular tour stop became relatively bland since they just played in front of a Megadeth backdrop.

Spiral_Slave
12-24-2007, 11:49 AM
I've seen Megadeth twice. Once on Gigantour, once on the United Abominations tour, and I have to say I enjoyed the Gigantour show quite a deal more.

JRA
12-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Exactly what kind of "show" are people expecting to see? I go to live shows to hear the songs bands are gonna play. I'd rather have just the band playing my favorite songs with no stage show than an over-the-top stage show with pyro and nonsense with a bunch of by-the-numbers songs. Its a concert people, not a circus.

hot_turkey_ed
12-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Exactly what kind of "show" are people expecting to see? I go to live shows to hear the songs bands are gonna play. I'd rather have just the band playing my favorite songs with no stage show than an over-the-top stage show with pyro and nonsense with a bunch of by-the-numbers songs. Its a concert people, not a circus.

It's well know that everything tastes better with bacon. :pig:

Likewise, metal concerts are better with lots of pyro. :heat:

ADD
12-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Wow, talk about a "Which one of these doesn't belong?" situation. I dunno about High On Fire in a big venue setting, but they lay waste to almost anyone I've seen live so I'm confident they'll bring it anyways.

ravenheart
12-24-2007, 03:07 PM

There is never any excuse for standing there like a wedding band, going through the motions and going home.

Pyro and other gimmicks aren't necessarily what's always required. But you go to a Lamb of God show or, at the other end of the rock spectrum, a Thunder show, and there's non-stop energy and showmanship. You go to a Megadeth show and there's four guys standing still playing instruments.

It's a rock concert, not a concerto.

JRA
12-24-2007, 03:30 PM
There is never any excuse for standing there like a wedding band, going through the motions and going home.

Pyro and other gimmicks aren't necessarily what's always required. But you go to a Lamb of God show or, at the other end of the rock spectrum, a Thunder show, and there's non-stop energy and showmanship. You go to a Megadeth show and there's four guys standing still playing instruments.

It's a rock concert, not a concerto.

I thought Megadeth had a decent amount of showmanship, at least Dave did.

Spiral_Slave
12-24-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm with Neilpeartjr on this, I've never thought Megadeth put on an overly mundane live show.

mankvill
12-24-2007, 04:45 PM
That's terrible.

SomewhereInTime72
12-24-2007, 08:54 PM
Yeah, Megadeth are excellent live.

ravenheart
12-25-2007, 08:31 AM
I thought Megadeth had a decent amount of showmanship, at least Dave did.

Maybe he was in a bad mood when I saw them, because he stood stock still all night. The only one making any effort was James Lomenzo.

Hence second chance in February :)

sneakbobcat
12-25-2007, 02:15 PM
What, awful?

Unholy Alliance 2 wasn't awful.
Lamb Of God, Slayer and In Flames is a good enough lineup for me.

That lineup is lacking a decent live band, for stage show purposes.
You can't play a big place without having one band with a stage show.
And Megadeth don't do it for me for stage show..
In Flames' hasn't got a good enough stage show or enough energy to play bigger venues in my opinion.

It's the Iron Maiden/Judas Priest sort of band you're lacking from that lineup.

ravenheart
12-25-2007, 04:14 PM
It's the Iron Maiden/Judas Priest sort of band you're lacking from that lineup.

Or even from previous Gigantour lineups Overkill, Lamb of God, Nevermore. Someone with a bit of stage energy.

ravenheart
12-25-2007, 04:15 PM
Unholy Alliance 2 wasn't awful.
Lamb Of God, Slayer and In Flames is a good enough lineup for me.

Erm... well... Lamb of God are good at least.

TheWhisper88
12-25-2007, 06:31 PM
I'll most likely go to this.
I love Megadeth and have been waiting to see them again since H&H, especially after they sold out the NYC show in like a few hours. In Flames I always enjoy and I have ever seen Bodom yet and have kind of been wanting to one of these days. JFAC are the only band I do not like, but hey now I have time to go to the merch booth or get some food. I am not that familiar with High On Fire, but from what I hear they are pretty good.

Does anyone know any dates/venues or when they will be announced?

DethMaiden
12-25-2007, 07:07 PM

You picked the wrong one of that trio.

TonyD
12-25-2007, 11:13 PM

So 4 stationary musicians and one drunk singer hopping around the stage is a good show, but a stage with 30 foot inverted crucifix made of marshall cabs isn't good enough for you?

ravenheart
12-26-2007, 04:12 AM
So 4 stationary musicians and one drunk singer hopping around the stage is a good show, but a stage with 30 foot inverted crucifix made of marshall cabs isn't good enough for you?

I saw LoG in November and they were FAR from stationary.

ravenheart
12-26-2007, 04:13 AM
Does anyone know any dates/venues or when they will be announced?

Yep, we're just keeping it a secret from you, personally.

ravenheart
12-26-2007, 04:14 AM
You picked the wrong one of that trio.

Incorrect.

ChildrenofSodom
12-26-2007, 07:24 AM
Yep, we're just keeping it a secret from you, personally.

fucking win. :lol:

ravenheart
01-05-2008, 05:36 AM
Disappointingly MegaDave has rebranded the UK leg of the Tour of Duty "Gigantour UK" and is bringing Job For A Cowboy as special guests. As always we NEVER get the good package tours.

Thankfully fans have voted Evile as openers.