So the government decided to seal off all exits to the city

I whistled for a cab but one didn't come near
Cause everyone was killed so I jacked some cars from the dealership
If anything I thought I should go hunting in central park
But I thought na forget it I gotta be home before dark

I had to be back in my house at about 7 or 8
Cause the mutants will kill me if I stay out too late
But tomorrow I'll be back at the south side docks
Becuase my name is Robert Neville and I am broadcasting on all AM frequencies.

SomewhereInTime72
12-14-2007, 08:42 PM
:lol:

Div
12-21-2007, 11:14 PM
so did anyone else actually see this movie? i thought it was entertaining but there was so much untapped potential for a movie that lets you play sandbox with new york city.

ADD
12-21-2007, 11:15 PM
It was entertaining.

DethMaiden
12-22-2007, 07:33 AM
I'm tired of Will Smith starring in movies about books where the character is clearly white. Not to be racist, but the character in I-Robot and in this is quite different from Will Smith.

JRA
12-22-2007, 08:41 AM
I'm tired of Will Smith starring in movies about books where the character is clearly white. Not to be racist, but the character in I-Robot and in this is quite different from Will Smith.

KillYourFace
12-22-2007, 08:47 AM

are you serious? who the fuck cares

overkiller
12-22-2007, 09:03 AM

Ever think that maybe there was an artistic intent behind that? I mean, I don't know much about the artistic merits of I, Robot or I Am Legend, so maybe these are bad examples, but it can be a powerful tool to change the race of a main character in a stage or screen adaptation of literature. I saw a production of Prometheus Bound not too long ago, where the only set onstage was 3 gigantic chains suspended from the ceiling, binding Prometheus--who was played by a black man, and it worked wonderfully.

SomewhereInTime72
12-22-2007, 09:59 AM

yeah this is why i hated fresh prince

DethMaiden
12-22-2007, 10:01 AM
Ever think that maybe there was an artistic intent behind that? I mean, I don't know much about the artistic merits of I, Robot or I Am Legend, so maybe these are bad examples, but it can be a powerful tool to change the race of a main character in a stage or screen adaptation of literature. I saw a production of Prometheus Bound not too long ago, where the only set onstage was 3 gigantic chains suspended from the ceiling, binding Prometheus--who was played by a black man, and it worked wonderfully.

Well, that clearly has a purpose and is allegorical. But I'm just not sold on that being the case with the two movies I mentioned, and furthermore, I'm not sure Will Smith, for God's sake, is the right guy to be doing something that serious if they were going for that.

Div
12-22-2007, 12:10 PM

maybe hes just trying to make it so every black guy in a movie isnt some obnoxious "gangsta" drug head. i think he adds character and is a hell of alot better than the original casting choice of Ahnuld. butill admit, charlton heston fit the role better in the old movie.

http://www.mackanzoor.com/belair/Carlton%20Banks--alfonso01.jpg

JRA
12-22-2007, 12:21 PM

ahem! (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qvJeATp31dw&NR=1)

:mad:

DreamEvil001
12-24-2007, 11:06 PM

because you thought that the prince should have been white? that makes no fucking sense... and that show ruled :tp:

I've only read the original I, robot and Del Spooner (by the name alone, could it really be a white guy?) doesn't come into play until all the sequels but I thought Smith acted pretty well even though the movie didn't fulfill the book's potential. and I haven't read or seen I Am Legend so I can't pass judgement

SomewhereInTime72
12-25-2007, 10:41 PM
:eyes::eyes:I was totally joking :tongue:

powerslave_85
01-01-2008, 01:26 AM
I haven't read the book, but I saw the movie a couple weeks ago and I thought it was pretty "meh." The best parts were when he was alone in the city, and the ending was total shit.

theclansman1114
01-02-2008, 04:30 PM
I thought the movie was good. Definitely different, which is a plus these days. The ending was also very good I thought. And all this coming from someone who doesn't like Will Smith at all.

And powerslave85, the 'Boys finished 13-3 :)

Maiden33
01-02-2008, 06:17 PM
I haven't seen a new movie in about 18 months. Its a very liberating feeling to know the movie theaters have not completely robbed me of my money, which is far better spent on true metal.

Div
01-02-2008, 08:25 PM
I haven't seen a new movie in about 18 months. Its a very liberating feeling to know the movie theaters have not completely robbed me of my money, which is far better spent on true metal.

You must have alot of money then, cause judging by your top-10 list you haven't spent much on true metal ;)

Maiden33
01-03-2008, 06:48 AM
You must have alot of money then, cause judging by your top-10 list you haven't spent much on true metal ;)

Clearly it was a joke. I like to just joke about that True Metal stuff. It's only a fraction of what I like.

TonyD
01-07-2008, 01:32 PM
It was ok, didn't really live up to the moderate amount of hype. I do agree that they could have done a little bit more with an empty New York City, since the movie didn't feel that long. I believe it was only about 90 minutes.
Next Will Smith movie "I-Fresh Prince"

theclansman1114
01-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Next Will Smith movie "I-Fresh Prince"

powerslave_85
01-13-2008, 08:38 PM
Well, I read the novel last night (it's less than 200 pages and I breezed through it in about 2 hours), and I have to say that I like the movie even less now. I hate to be one of "those guys," but the book is superior in every concievable way.

TonyD
01-13-2008, 08:49 PM
I haven't read it, but in general the book are always better than the movies that they are based on. Except Jurassic Park.

powerslave_85
01-13-2008, 08:51 PM
I guess I'm saying that everyone should just read the book instead of seeing the movie. It's free, and takes about the same amount of time.