PDA

View Full Version : Now Playing (Games Version!)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

dcmetal108
06-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Replaying Borderlands for the 1000th time.

adamclark52
06-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Hmm. I'm hoping to pick up that after I'm done with XIII.

I actually enjoyed it a lot. I posted my thoughts on it in this tread a few pages back, probably around March (post number 676).

John The Drummer
06-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Up to where everyone is together (after Sazh and Vanille break free) and you can actually change your battle team.

Hmmm, I don't remember. I got stuck at some annoying boss on the second disc that kept changing his element every couple of turns.... now I need to restart the whole game since I got a new 360 :bouville:

dcmetal108
06-13-2012, 12:45 PM
About to play some Dungeon Siege 3.

makethemsuffer12
06-13-2012, 05:35 PM
Hmmm, I don't remember. I got stuck at some annoying boss on the second disc that kept changing his element every couple of turns.... now I need to restart the whole game since I got a new 360 :bouville:

That guy was a total pain in the dick. I'm pretty past that, though.

John The Drummer
06-20-2012, 03:47 PM
That guy was a total pain in the dick. I'm pretty past that, though.

I just kept failing no matter how hard I tried to kick his bitch ass :( . I'll have to look up a YouTube walkthrough on it or something.

I put Gears of War 3 back in the Xbox this last Sunday, and have been playing it almost every day (in short spurts since I am a busy mofo). I think it might be the best game to play with surround sound cranked :rocker:

Jochen
06-27-2012, 10:07 PM
I just started my third playthrough of Majora's Mask. I first played it back it when it first came out, maybe a year or so after. I remember when I finally beat it, I was so relieved, it took so long it seemed and I didn't want to play it again. Because of how hard and nonlinear I perceived the game, I haven't thought that highly of it compared to other Zelda's, but after starting again, it definitely is a great game. I'm hoping I won't give up this time.

adamclark52
06-29-2012, 05:58 PM
After wanting to play Final Fantasy III for probably twenty years I finally got it for the DS...and it sucks. The graphics are horrible, story is non-existant (which I expect from what was an original Famcon game) but what's killing me most is how unbalanced the gameplay and classes are. Why is my level 14 black mage with a bow & arrow more powerful physically than my level 14 warrior with the strongest sword I can get in the game at this point? Why does my white mage have more hit points than my warrior, they're both level 14 too? Why can my thief equip heavy armor? Why can my black mage even equip a bow & arrow? Man, those last few sentances make me sound like a gag character in an episode of the Simpsons. I'm still early in the game and I will play it the whole way through but hopefully it gets better.

brutal_descent
07-01-2012, 02:32 AM
Playing Penumbra: Overture. Just got out of those darn water caves.

jd091
07-01-2012, 06:26 AM
Playing Penumbra: Overture. Just got out of those darn water caves.

I got too scared after a couple hours of gameplay to even continue that game. It's waaaay worse than amnesia, imo :bawling:

brutal_descent
07-01-2012, 07:11 AM
It's waaaay worse than Amnesia, imo :bawling:

Dude, no :lol: At least in Penumbra you can kill the fucking things. In Amnesia you've got a sanity meter and you have no choice but to run away from your enemies. I haven't even started the game I'm so scared!

Dextrimental
07-01-2012, 07:53 AM
Amnesia put me to sleep. Must give Penumbra a go, see if that excites me anymore!

John The Drummer
07-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Did my goal for the weekend and beat Gears of War 3 :D
Super excited for that. Afterwords I put in "Import Tuner Challenge" just to chill and race a bit. Can't decide what to play next...

- Restart Fable 2
- Restart Final Fantasy XIII
- Finish Perfect Dark
- Finish Banjo Kazooie
- Buy something new

Dextrimental
07-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Mass Effect 3 tomorrow, then I'm getting my ps2 so I can play through Final Fantasy 10 for it's anniversary, and Need For Speed Underground 2 for the nostalgia/chill-out racing fun.

On that note, can anyone recommend any racing games current gen that would be of the caliber of the above? I know Burnout is good, but I'm looking for a casual racing affair and I've yet to play anything as fun as NFSU2 that was in actual cars.

John The Drummer
07-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Mass Effect 3 tomorrow, then I'm getting my ps2 so I can play through Final Fantasy 10 for it's anniversary, and Need For Speed Underground 2 for the nostalgia/chill-out racing fun.

On that note, can anyone recommend any racing games current gen that would be of the caliber of the above? I know Burnout is good, but I'm looking for a casual racing affair and I've yet to play anything as fun as NFSU2 that was in actual cars.

Import Tuner Challenge isn't too bad. If you ever played Tokyo Xtreme Racer series, it's made by the same people, and pretty much the same game. You can get it for pretty cheap used at Gamestop, but farely hard to find.

maidenpriest
07-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Burned myself out on a bunch of games, so just playing the hell out of FIFA 12.

jd091
07-04-2012, 07:33 AM

So you wouldn't be interested in the Forza games? 'Cause you should. :D

Dextrimental
07-04-2012, 04:17 PM
So you wouldn't be interested in the Forza games? 'Cause you should. :D

I've not heard much about them, what are they like? Are they more arcadey or...?

John the Drummer: Not an easy game to find alright, but it is cheap, and my local Gamestop are buddies, so they're going to keep any copies that come in for me so I can have a look!

Thanks for the recommendations bros!

dcmetal108
07-04-2012, 05:42 PM
I've not heard much about them, what are they like? Are they more arcadey or...?

John the Drummer: Not an easy game to find alright, but it is cheap, and my local Gamestop are buddies, so they're going to keep any copies that come in for me so I can have a look!

Thanks for the recommendations bros!

Forza is super realistic. They are fun once you get the hang of them.

Try playing the Dirt series. They are releastic with a arcady feel sometimes.

jd091
07-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Forza are pretty realistic. Forza 3 has settings to make it feel more arcade-y and easier if you're not into that, but it's realistic in the sense that you do a "season" of different races on different race courses with cars that you buy and customize. Not arcade-y in the sense of Need For Speed.

Epidemic Reign
07-07-2012, 08:30 AM
I played Rise of the Argonauts for about 20 minutes the other day. It sucked.

ravenheart
07-15-2012, 04:40 AM
Why did no one tell me the new DLC for Arkham City came out in May?!

dcmetal108
07-15-2012, 05:52 AM
Why did no one tell me the new DLC for Arkham City came out in May?!

Hey Raven the DLC came out in May , you should get it. ;)

ravenheart
07-15-2012, 06:54 AM
Hey Raven the DLC came out in May , you should get it. ;)

Thanks, bro ;)

Gave it a quick try before bed last night, did the first little bit as Robin.

John The Drummer
07-15-2012, 08:13 AM
I picked up Skate 3 for free.... wow.... this game is so glitchy, kinda wish that I chose a different free game :(

jd091
07-15-2012, 10:51 AM
The extent of my Summer Steam Wallet Rape so far:

Dungeons of Dredmore
Crusader Kings 2
The Binding of Isaac
Dead Island
L.A. Noire

Dungeons of Dredmore is fucking FANTASTIC; it's only $2 and I could sink hundreds of hours into it. Everyone on earth should play it.

dcmetal108
07-15-2012, 06:19 PM
Steam Summer Wallet Rape so far :

Alien Shooter
Alien Shooter 2
Alien Shooter Revisited
Audiosurf
Dungeon Defenders plus all DLC
Foriegn Legion Buckets Of Blood
Left 4 Dead 2
Orcs Must Die GOTY Edition
Payday The Heist
Rengenade Ops
Sanctum
Terraria
The Witcher Extended Edtion
Zombie Shooter
Zombie Shooter 2

Also just bought :

Bastion
Defenders Of Dredmore

jd091
07-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Defenders Of Dredmore

Dungeon Defenders or Dungeons of Dredmore, pick one

dcmetal108
07-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Dungeon Defenders or Dungeons of Dredmore, pick one

I've bought both hahaha

jd091
07-17-2012, 06:57 AM
Arkham City is $10 on the steam summer sale right now, picked that shit up without even thinking. :D

adamclark52
07-17-2012, 10:39 PM
Finished Mass Effect 3 last weekend. I think I'm probably going to go back into my library and dig out an old Final Fantasy to play next, probably VIII or IX. Most likely IX.

John The Drummer
08-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Got some MS points and downloaded THPS HD and Fez. THPS was hard as shit, I don't remember it being so insane :lol: , and I just started on Fez last night, pretty relaxing game :D

EDIT: And Peggle too, good stuff.

dcmetal108
08-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Orcs Must Die 2 on Steam. It's amazing.

makethemsuffer12
08-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Mass Effect 3. Played ME2 for the first time before that (can't play the first one. PS3 guy). New favorite series.

BloodoftheKings
08-02-2012, 09:13 PM
>playing through the Mass Effect series without an ME1 save file
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/498/1300044776986.jpg

makethemsuffer12
08-02-2012, 09:16 PM
>playing through the Mass Effect series without an ME1 save file
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/498/1300044776986.jpg

PS3, asshole. :finger2:

adamclark52
08-12-2012, 04:27 PM
After finishing Mass Effect 3 I felt the urge to go back and replay ME2, so that's my current game.

I also gave up on Final Fantasy III on the DS and started playing FF XII: Revenant Wings.

John The Drummer
08-18-2012, 09:20 AM
I can't decide if I want to download Final Fantasy VII for $10 onto my computer so I have something to play for my 6 hour trip next weekend, or if I want to get the Trials/Splosionman/Limbo disc for like ... $15.... so cheap for some amazing shit ... WHAT SHOULD I DO!?!?!

brutal_descent
08-18-2012, 01:14 PM
I've logged over 36 hours of Dragon Age: Origins since I started playing it on Monday :eyes:

adamclark52
08-18-2012, 05:57 PM
I can't decide if I want to download Final Fantasy VII for $10 onto my computer so I have something to play for my 6 hour trip next weekend, or if I want to get the Trials/Splosionman/Limbo disc for like ... $15.... so cheap for some amazing shit ... WHAT SHOULD I DO!?!?!

Final Fantasy

dcmetal108
08-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Just got Expendables 2 game on XBLA so I'll be playing that and CS Source on PC.

adamclark52
08-27-2012, 10:08 AM
I had to stop playing Skyrim on PS3 back in March because of that save file bug that occurs after around 65 hours of playing. I've been thinking about starting fresh with a new character, but have they fixed that glitch yet?

Is there somewhere I can download a patch for the PS3 for free (I ain't paying for that shit)?

Better still, has a patch been released that I can apply to my first character so I can finish off that story?

brutal_descent
08-27-2012, 10:32 AM
I had to stop playing Skyrim on PS3 back in March because of that save file bug that occurs after around 65 hours of playing. I've been thinking about starting fresh with a new character, but have they fixed that glitch yet?

Is there somewhere I can download a patch for the PS3 for free (I ain't paying for that shit)?

Better still, has a patch been released that I can apply to my first character so I can finish off that story?

Turn off autosave, delete your game data (not save data), and redownload it the next time you put in your DVD. Worked wonders for me; mine hasn't crashed since.

adamclark52
08-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Turn off autosave, delete your game data (not save data), and redownload it the next time you put in your DVD. Worked wonders for me; mine hasn't crashed since.

So game data is the options and features and stuff, not my character stuck in limbo in the civil war quest?

brutal_descent
08-28-2012, 10:38 AM
So game data is the options and features and stuff, not my character stuck in limbo in the civil war quest?

I don't see how those two are connected, but yes. The game data is basically what the Skyrim disc downloads onto your PS3 to allow you to play the game. A driver, if you will.

On topic, finished Max Payne 3 two nights ago. Very impressed. Possibly my favorite linear shooter of the year.

adamclark52
08-28-2012, 11:10 AM
I don't see how those two are connected, but yes. The game data is basically what the Skyrim disc downloads onto your PS3 to allow you to play the game. A driver, if you will.

On topic, finished Max Payne 3 two nights ago. Very impressed. Possibly my favorite linear shooter of the year.

Seems to be running smoother but my character save file is still 13MB, will that cause any problems?

brutal_descent
08-28-2012, 11:14 AM
Seems to be running smoother but my character save file is still 13MB, will that cause any problems?

Character save file?

Ooh, also: delete all of the save files which you no longer need. It's unbelievable how effective that is.

adamclark52
08-29-2012, 09:37 AM
Character save file?

Ooh, also: delete all of the save files which you no longer need. It's unbelievable how effective that is.

Yeah. Basically everytime I saved the file got larger and larger and larger. With every other game the save files usually hover around 5000KB's, with the Skyrim file I noticed it getting larger with every save but never thought it would be a problem. Once it hit 13MB's is when the lag issues started. And I mean bad lag, like when you used to try play Quake on a 486.

SomewhereInTime72
08-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Tried out Lone Survivor recently. Fairly addicting and entertaining. :cool:

brutal_descent
09-02-2012, 02:17 AM
Finished Dragon Age: Origins last night, and promptly started Awakening. I've got all of the DLC's, so I shouldn't be done with this game anytime soon :D

dcmetal108
09-02-2012, 03:22 AM
Playing Rock Band Blitz. Actually a pretty funny game even with not having any instruments to use and being all controller based.

brutal_descent
09-02-2012, 03:36 AM
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Fuck BioWare for not fixing these fucking bugs. :mad: My character + companions just got kidnapped by some darkspawn who also took our armor. As we fought our way out of the dungeon we'd meet several corrupted humans wearing armor sets from each companion... except my character's. Apparently there's a bug that keeps the darkspawn wearing MY armor (which was exclusive and not something you can buy from a merchant) from spawning. My last save before getting kidnapped is four hours before.

>_<

Fuck this. I'm downloading the toolset to get the armor back.

kalfitegrdan
09-02-2012, 05:24 AM
About to play some Minecraft. I think I'm on the verge of becoming fully addicted to it. :eyes:

brutal_descent
09-02-2012, 06:00 AM
Well, I ended up replaying those 1-2 hours necessary to re-do that level (downloaded a fix) since I don't know the first thing about coding. Still pissed at BioWare for not getting their shit together.

kalfitegrdan
09-02-2012, 08:18 AM
BioWare

:mad:

brutal_descent
09-02-2012, 08:24 AM
:mad:

DA:O was pretty bug-free from what I remember (it's only been a day, I know), but the Awakening glitch I bitched at the beginning of this page almost made me want to quit the game. This bullshit is almost Bethesda-level :hmm:

dcmetal108
09-02-2012, 03:02 PM
About to play some Minecraft. I think I'm on the verge of becoming fully addicted to it. :eyes:

Such a amazing game.

kalfitegrdan
09-02-2012, 05:21 PM
DA:O was pretty bug-free from what I remember (it's only been a day, I know), but the Awakening glitch I bitched at the beginning of this page almost made me want to quit the game. This bullshit is almost Bethesda-level :hmm:

It was more because I'm still furious at them for all their fuck-ups in ME3 multiplayer.

Probably played Minecraft for like 12 hours today with my friend and one of my roommates. It was all fun and games until my other roommate came in and started trashing the place, then it just devolved into every man for himself.

John The Drummer
09-03-2012, 01:23 PM
In case anyone wants one of the best games ever on the go...

http://finalfantasyviipc.com/en

I am so tempted to download it, it is only $10.... ARRRRRG. So many shows coming up though, kind of have to save my money :(

EDIT: Yeah.... I bought it :D

In other news... played Skate3 for the first time in a month or two... goddamn that game is so buggy. I WANT to like it, but it is so difficult to do anything without a glitch occurring :(

brutal_descent
09-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Have been playing Sleeping Dogs since Friday night. Loving it! It's much better than any of the Grand Theft Auto games in story and gameplay, and much to my delight, the city is incredibly fluid. I don't think I'll get tired of driving/causing havoc around Hong Kong as fast as I did with Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas.

John The Drummer
09-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Have been playing Sleeping Dogs since Friday night. Loving it! It's much better than any of the Grand Theft Auto games in story and gameplay, and much to my delight, the city is incredibly fluid. I don't think I'll get tired of driving/causing havoc around Hong Kong as fast as I did with Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas.

I have heard so many great reviews about this game, I may get it once it drops in price.

Lately I've been rocking Fez.... but I don't know where to go now. Reminds me a lot of the Paper Mario game for the Wii.

hinder5050
09-20-2012, 07:35 AM
anyone playing borderlands 2?

adamclark52
09-20-2012, 11:12 AM
anyone playing borderlands 2?

My interest is peaked. I never played the original, do I need to if I want to just start with 2?

hinder5050
09-20-2012, 01:42 PM
it would help but not really

dcmetal108
09-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Borderlands 2 is fucking amazing. Also just bought Torchlight 2 today.

Xenocide
09-20-2012, 05:09 PM
Been playing Dead Space for a couple days, great fucking game. Plan on playing Dead Space 2 once I beat the original and then the short wait for Assassin's Creed 3 to be released...

John The Drummer
09-23-2012, 05:44 PM
Batman: Arkham Asylum :rocker:

I didn't realize I was just playing it for almost 4 hours straight :D

dcmetal108
09-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Over the last two days I've had long tiring work days yet I've done back to back nights of Torchlight 2 with 4 hour straight sessions each night.

Game is way to great. Need to play more Borderlands 2 as well.

jd091
09-23-2012, 07:41 PM
Over the last two days I've had long tiring work days yet I've done back to back nights of Torchlight 2 with 4 hour straight sessions each night.

Game is way to great. Need to play more Borderlands 2 as well.

So I've heard. ;) Guild Wars 2 and CS: GO are fun enough to keep me occupied well into the future, but I'm super super looking forward into getting into Torchlight 2 when I have time.

adamclark52
09-27-2012, 06:55 PM
I finished my second playthrough of Mass Effect 2 tonight. Some of the awe from the first time through was lost the second time around and for some reason I found it way easier the second time through. I even went to my options screen a few times and check the difficulty to make sure I wasn't on easy. It's still the best game I've played in the last ten years. I'm probably going back to Skyrim now since I think I figured out how to fix the bug that was crippling it for me back in March and caused me to stop playing.

John The Drummer
10-01-2012, 04:08 PM
I finished my second playthrough of Mass Effect 2 tonight. Some of the awe from the first time through was lost the second time around and for some reason I found it way easier the second time through. I even went to my options screen a few times and check the difficulty to make sure I wasn't on easy. It's still the best game I've played in the last ten years. I'm probably going back to Skyrim now since I think I figured out how to fix the bug that was crippling it for me back in March and caused me to stop playing.
I miss Skyrim :( I still haven't re-purchased it since it got stolen from me, probably for the best too :lol:

I beat Arkham Asylum yesterday, just going through and finding all the Riddler Challenges and stuff now, definitely getting Arkham City soon. After I beat AA I moved onto Final Fantasy 7, OMG I miss this game so much :drool:

adamclark52
10-02-2012, 10:57 AM
I made it about 20 minutes into Skyrim before the frame-rate got all slow and it froze on me. Fuck that. That's why I never play games on PC, I'm not putting up with it on my PS3.

So I downloaded the two DLC's for Mass Effect 3 and I'm playing that again.

SomewhereInTime72
10-02-2012, 07:49 PM
That's why I never play games on PC

:mrt:

adamclark52
10-03-2012, 10:22 AM
:mrt:

I'd love to play PC games but I got so frustrated as a teenager buying a new game, then finding out I needed to spend another $200 on more RAM or a new video card or whatever. Then buying another game six months later and having to spend more money to upgrade something else.

That's why I've stuck with consoles most of my life. I buy a PS3 or and XBox and every game I buy for that system works. Or worked. It's only now that I'm running into bugs and frame-rate issues. I do have a first-gen PS3 so that's part of my problem. But PS4 is probably right around the corner so I'm not getting a new system until then.

makethemsuffer12
10-03-2012, 04:33 PM
2nd playthrough of Mass Effect 2 (Renegade Femshep) and I just started Resident Evil 6 today.

adamclark52
10-04-2012, 12:11 AM
2nd playthrough of Mass Effect 2 (Renegade Femshep) and I just started Resident Evil 6 today.

I just completed the exact same playthrough.

ravenheart
10-04-2012, 04:52 AM
Should be playing RE6 by Sunday.

ShatteredFlame
10-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Beat Leon's playthrough in RE6 last night. I don't know why they decided to split the arcs up, there are parts where the characters meet up that didn't make sense to me, like a piece of a puzzle was missing. Overall I have mixed feeling about the game. It definitely got better as it went on. The first chapter with Leon has many moments with hundreds of enemies on screen in tiny environments that just become a cluster fuck. The health system I also thought was retarded in the first chapter. I played it in hard mode (veteran) and one hit would leave me drained, the new herb system allows you to recover blocks of health at a time and you don't have to fill the whole thing, filling the whole thing was always a waste as as soon as I got hit I would drain to one block so it was always better to keep it at 2-3 blocks. This system got better by the second chapter though since you get points to upgrade skills and getting the skill that allows you to break free from hits faster is a huge help.

The greatest part about this game as opposed to RE5 is that you don't have to give a shit about what your partner does, they can die (though rarely) and you don't have to help them and they never pick up any items. The inventory is also way better and I like how there is only one of each type of gun, and not a million varieties of machine guns.

Also the T-Rex Dr. Simmons boss in Leon's arc may be the greatest thing I have ever seen in a video game.

dcmetal108
10-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Still playing Borderlands 2. This game is fucking massive sometimes. I get sidetracked doing random things so much in it.

kalfitegrdan
10-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Been playing Borderlands recently and I'm pretty sure that I hate it. :hecho:

dcmetal108
10-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Been playing Borderlands recently and I'm pretty sure that I hate it. :hecho:

And this was the moment our great friendship was over.:D

kalfitegrdan
10-10-2012, 11:41 PM
And this was the moment our great friendship was over.:D

But it's so boring! :hecho: And scrags are too fucking annoying.

dcmetal108
10-11-2012, 05:59 AM
But it's so boring! :hecho: And scrags are too fucking annoying.

Skags are easy. Kill pop them in the head then melee.

THAT GAME IS TOO MUCH FUN!

adamclark52
10-14-2012, 10:56 PM
I downloaded and finished the "From Ashes" and "Leviathan" DLC's for Mass Effect 3. Both were really good. "From Ashes" had some interesting history on the Proetheans and "Leviathan" had some on the Reapers. When I love a series like I do Mass Effect I love to read-up as much as I can into the games history. "Leviathan" was pretty creepy in parts.

kalfitegrdan
10-14-2012, 11:37 PM
Skags are easy. Kill pop them in the head then melee.

THAT GAME IS TOO MUCH FUN!

Easy, but annoying. I played it on co-op with my friend and like it a bit more now.

Been playing Sleeping Dogs most of the weekend. Now THAT game is fucking fun.

Also played Dead or Alive 5 and Deadrising 2 and all I can say is that they're not as good as their predecessors.

brutal_descent
10-15-2012, 06:06 AM
Been playing Sleeping Dogs most of the weekend. Now THAT game is fucking fun.

:fist:

I just wish a) firearms were easier to find and b) the storyline could be affected by choices made by the player.

kalfitegrdan
10-16-2012, 01:12 AM

I just wish a) firearms were easier to find and b) the storyline could be affected by choices made by the player.

Fuckin' A on both accounts. I absolutely love the shooting system in the game and wish you got to use it more, but my friend was telling me that the game is trying to be realistic in the gun regard because apparently gun control is strict as shit In Hong Kong.

larvtard
10-17-2012, 01:13 PM
Pokemon Gold... just caught a Manky :party:

kalfitegrdan
10-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Pokemon Gold... just caught a Manky :party:

I still love the Game Boy Pokemon games.

John The Drummer
10-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Beat Arkham City last week... seemed like a really short story :eyes:
Just trying to collect all the Riddler trophies and shit now. Kind of annoying, but oh well.

hb420
11-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Halo 4! :party:

ravenheart
11-30-2012, 02:26 PM
RE6.

Anyone got this and signed up to residentevil.net? Buddy me! I'm ravenheart on there too.

adamclark52
12-02-2012, 10:10 PM
I did the Mass Effect 3: Omega DLC tonight. It was okay. A bit too combat heavy and story lite. I would have liked it a bit better if there were more subtle references to the area in Mass Effect 2. Something really cool would've been as Sheppard was walking away at the end have the music from Upper Afterlife quietly fade in. That would've been a cool way to tie everything in together. The new Turian character had a pretty epic final scene. But at $15 I feel pretty ripped off. The Leviathan DLC was much better. I hope this is the last DLC for ME3 and now they can focus on the next game in the series.

SomewhereInTime72
12-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Got the humble bundle recently, been playing the Company of Heroes expansions. Liked the main game so the new (well new to me) shit is fun.

John The Drummer
12-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Rocking Red Dead Redemption, goddamn do I love this game so much.
I tried to get into Half Life but it seemed a bit stale to me :(

I might get back into Indigo Prophecy over the weekend. I keep hovering over it on my Xbox but never play it.

dcmetal108
12-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Far Cry 3.

This shit rocks.

GarageMetal468
12-07-2012, 09:01 AM
So over break I'm gonna play some games I haven't played in years. Gonna start with Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA), then Pokemon Soul Silver (if I can find my DS), and hopefully buy a SNES with Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, and the 3 Donkey Kong Country games. The SNES goes for $50 used, but I'm not sure of the games.

adamclark52
12-07-2012, 10:44 AM
So over break I'm gonna play some games I haven't played in years. Gonna start with Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA), then Pokemon Soul Silver (if I can find my DS), and hopefully buy a SNES with Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, and the 3 Donkey Kong Country games. The SNES goes for $50 used, but I'm not sure of the games.

$50 for a used SNES? Shit! Mine's been in the garage for months.

adamclark52
12-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Rocking Red Dead Redemption, goddamn do I love this game so much.
I tried to get into Half Life but it seemed a bit stale to me :(

I might get back into Indigo Prophecy over the weekend. I keep hovering over it on my Xbox but never play it.

I think I'm getting that game for Christmas. My brother sent me a bunch of video game MP3's and the second I heard Far Away I was like, "I gotta play that game".

brutal_descent
12-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Finished Sleeping Dogs a few days ago.

ShatteredFlame
12-07-2012, 12:44 PM
and hopefully buy a SNES with Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, and the 3 Donkey Kong Country games. The SNES goes for $50 used, but I'm not sure of the games.

:lol: I beat the exact same games every single school break minus DKC3 and add Megaman X

ravenheart
12-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Hey assholes, buddy me on RE.net. I want the badge!

kalfitegrdan
12-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Just fucked around on Far Cry 3 for a bit. Pretty damn fun. I'm waiting for my friend to get bored of it so I can borrow it from him.

John The Drummer
12-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Damn... Indigo Prophecy is so good :drool:
I can't wait to get this insane week of band practices & shows over so i can focus on it more :D

dcmetal108
12-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Rented WWE 13 again!

SOOOOOO good.

adamclark52
12-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Finished my second playthrough of Mass Effect 3 last night. I still have that sad feeling now that it's done. I don't usually play games twice, let alone twice in six months, but it was just that good.

Now that I'm done that I have to get onto something else. I've been playing Mass Effect since May (ME3, then ME2 and ME3 again) and I've bordered on obsessed. I think I'm getting WWE '13 and Red Dead Redemption for Christmas, once I'm done with those I may go back to Skyrim...or I'll download ME1 for PS3 and start all over again. But I really need to move on. Last week I asked my wife to cover her body in blue paint, and it wasn't a sexual thing.

brutal_descent
12-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Has anyone played Hitman: Absolution yet? Definitely want to buy it at some point, just not sure whether it's worth doing it now.

Xenocide
12-17-2012, 01:07 PM
Got arkham city goty edition on Black Friday for 20 dinero. Probably put about 80 hours in since. I've beaten it twice and I'm towards the end of my New Game Plus playthrough

Xenocide
12-17-2012, 01:09 PM
But I really need to move on. Last week I asked my wife to cover her body in blue paint, and it wasn't a sexual thing.

I felt more of an emotional connection with Liara over the course of the trilogy than any actual girlfriend I've had... Just sayin

dcmetal108
12-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Has anyone played Hitman: Absolution yet? Definitely want to buy it at some point, just not sure whether it's worth doing it now.

It's okay. The price is dropping on it insanely fast.

It's fun but insanely difficult for all the wrong reasons.

adamclark52
12-17-2012, 06:29 PM
I felt more of an emotional connection with Liara over the course of the trilogy than any actual girlfriend I've had... Just sayin

That's good character design. I don't lust for her, I love her. I'd bang her, but I'd spend time with her and hug afterwords. I think it's that voice.

adamclark52
12-26-2012, 07:22 PM
I played Red Dead Redemption for about two hours tonight but I just could not get into it. I played so much GTA (3, Vice City, San Andreas, IV) from 2005-2008 that any game that's structured the same is just so boring to me. And I've never been into the Wild West stuff either. Kind of a dumb gift to ask for (since I effectively bought it for myself) but whatever, $20, who cares. Maybe I'll try it again some day.

So I'm downloading Mass Effect off PSN and I'm going to play through those games again. $14.99! Get outta here! I just really want to see how the series started and hopefully be over it after a third playthrough. But at the rate I go through games ME4 will probably be out before I'm done.

I think I've reached a point in life where I'm actually getting bored by video games. It only took twenty five years.

SomewhereInTime72
12-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2

Old school shit! :)

John The Drummer
12-31-2012, 11:54 AM
I played Red Dead Redemption for about two hours tonight but I just could not get into it. I played so much GTA (3, Vice City, San Andreas, IV) from 2005-2008 that any game that's structured the same is just so boring to me. And I've never been into the Wild West stuff either. Kind of a dumb gift to ask for (since I effectively bought it for myself) but whatever, $20, who cares. Maybe I'll try it again some day.

THat's a bummer :( . RDR is one of my favorite games of all time. The missions do get a bit stale, but the side stuff and exploring is where the game really shines, IMO. But I hear you about getting bored by games, I feel the same way.

I got Halo 4 for Xmas, I didn't like it the first time I played it about a month ago, but I love it now! So fun online.

Also downloaded The Walking Dead Episode 1 (free!!), Mortal Kombat 1-3, and the Simpson's Arcade Game. Woo hoo.

AnataFan4Life
01-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Playing the shit out of Mega Man 2. Easily the best in the classic series. Definitely the most versatile when it comes to robot master order.

smearCampaign
01-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Got Borderlands 2 and Far Cry 3 (both PS3) for X-mas, so switching off between those two. Both a lot of fun.

brutal_descent
01-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Friend bought me Hitman: Absolution for Christmas. Beat it in two days and three nights. Good shit but hardly as good as Blood Money.

dcmetal108
01-03-2013, 02:31 PM
Been playing alot of Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 lately.

adamclark52
01-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Playing the shit out of Mega Man 2. Easily the best in the classic series. Definitely the most versatile when it comes to robot master order.

Agree, I was always partial to 4 as well.

Ommie
01-03-2013, 07:47 PM
Playing through Jak and Daxter again for nostalgia. Hopefully I can get 100%.

Dextrimental
01-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Playing through Jak and Daxter again for nostalgia. Hopefully I can get 100%.

I had a file with 98% back in the day. Great game, that first trilogy is untouchable.

adamclark52
01-07-2013, 07:28 AM
Yeah, Mass Effect 1: not a very fun game. I'm really getting sick of the missions where I'm driving around in the Mako. And I REALLY miss 'autosave'...and decent aiming.

Good thing the story is good.

MetalIsArt
01-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Assasin's creed: revelations. ;)

dcmetal108
01-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Yeah, Mass Effect 1: not a very fun game. I'm really getting sick of the missions where I'm driving around in the Mako. And I REALLY miss 'autosave'...and decent aiming.

Good thing the story is good.

The Mako was the main reason it took me 3 years to complete that game.

Dextrimental
01-07-2013, 03:27 PM
I enjoyed the Mako. Didn't complain when it was taken away, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Mass Effect 1 was pretty huge for me. I had no idea I would enjoy that game as much as I did!

John The Drummer
01-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Still hooked on Halo 4 :D. I'll do a mission or two, or just half, and then do some multiplayer.

The Walking Dead episode 1 is free, but I can't get into it. I'm not too big on the controls. Maybe I'll focus on it more once I get done with H4.

adamclark52
01-08-2013, 01:51 PM
I enjoyed the Mako. Didn't complain when it was taken away, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Mass Effect 1 was pretty huge for me. I had no idea I would enjoy that game as much as I did!

I wouldn't mind the Mako if it didn't seem like every mission I do is more driving it more than walking around.

And the aiming, dear god. I was parked right in front of a Geth trooper, with my targeting thing right on him, unloading everything I had on him. And then I just had to run him over.

dcmetal108
01-08-2013, 02:08 PM
John lets do some Halo 4 multiplayer! Whats your GT?

John The Drummer
01-08-2013, 03:04 PM
John lets do some Halo 4 multiplayer! Whats your GT?

It's pretty risky to play with me because my internet connection DC's everytime someone calls my house :eyes:

...but with that aside.... my GT is
JohnTheDrummer

:D

John The Drummer
01-16-2013, 12:20 PM
So I completed the Halo 4 campaign, wow, it was actually REALLY GOOD. I got sidetracked and didn't really pay any attention to the ending of it though :lol:

I tried Walking Dead Episode 1 again, and I love it! Completed it in a couple days (I don't play games for long periods of time) and then purchased Episode 2, which I haven't started yet.

I also downloaded Super Amazing Wagon Adventure and Baby Maker Extreme 2 (both Indie games). SAWA is hard as shit, but so fun, BME2 is just stupid dumb pointless fun :D

Nick_to_the_face
01-22-2013, 07:32 PM
Since I don't have internets right now, I bought the disk of all five walking dead episodes. I gotta say, its fucking awesome

mankvill
01-22-2013, 07:47 PM
Since I don't have internets right now, I bought the disk of all five walking dead episodes. I gotta say, its fucking awesome

ugh shut up, don't make me fucking think about that final episode.

dcmetal108
01-22-2013, 08:23 PM
Started Deus Ex Human Revolution. It's pretty damn good.

John The Drummer
01-22-2013, 09:22 PM

wish i didnt purchase episode 2... i forgot they released it on disc. whether its games, music, movies, i need physical copies of the product, i hate downloading!!

Started Deus Ex Human Revolution. It's pretty damn good.

for the longest time i thought it was pronounced DEUCE ex

kalfitegrdan
01-22-2013, 11:09 PM

Wait, it isn't? :eyes:

Epidemic Reign
01-23-2013, 12:15 AM
DAY-OOSE

as in

DAY-OOSE EX MAH-KEE-NAH

kalfitegrdan
01-23-2013, 12:52 AM
DAY-OOSE

as in

DAY-OOSE EX MAH-KEE-NAH

Oh yeah, duh, it's Latin. It's all making sense now.

Nick_to_the_face
01-23-2013, 07:23 AM
ugh shut up, don't make me fucking think about that final episode.

Oh god:eyes:
wish i didnt purchase episode 2... i forgot they released it on disc. whether its games, music, movies, i need physical copies of the product, i hate downloading!!

I'm starting to feel that way. I've always been that way for games, but just recently I've been buying a lot of music too.

Nick_to_the_face
01-24-2013, 11:55 PM
Man....just beat the final episode of the walking dead.....god fucking god

John The Drummer
01-25-2013, 11:53 AM
no spoil plz!!! still on episode 2 :)

I heard the disc version was SUPER glitchy.

Nick_to_the_face
01-25-2013, 12:43 PM
no spoil plz!!! still on episode 2 :)

I heard the disc version was SUPER glitchy.

Yeah it's REALLY glitchy. But It's not a huge deal, just annoying at times. Though it did freeze up real bad at the end of episode 2. Speaking of which..

OH GOD WHAT PART ARE YOU AT

John The Drummer
01-25-2013, 03:48 PM
Yeah it's REALLY glitchy. But It's not a huge deal, just annoying at times. Though it did freeze up real bad at the end of episode 2. Speaking of which..

OH GOD WHAT PART ARE YOU AT

to not spoil too much, got attacked by some bandits, and doing the thing you do after that :)

John The Drummer
01-25-2013, 05:28 PM
so... just finished episode 2.... was not expecting THAT. i knew something was up, but shiiiiiiiiit.

time to get more MSpoints so i can download the rest!!!

mankvill
01-25-2013, 05:49 PM
so... just finished episode 2.... was not expecting THAT. i knew something was up, but shiiiiiiiiit.

ugh ugh ugh i can't even think about the walking dead. it's so fucking awesome and i love it but it literally makes me suicidally depressed to think about the end.

John The Drummer
01-25-2013, 06:29 PM
ugh ugh ugh i can't even think about the walking dead. it's so fucking awesome and i love it but it literally makes me suicidally depressed to think about the end.

i think Sunday i have no band practice, no work, nothing..... might have to grind through the last 3 episodes :o

dcmetal108
01-25-2013, 06:59 PM
I only played the first 10 minutes of Episode 1.

mankvill
01-25-2013, 07:40 PM
I'm playing:

PC:

- Lego Lord Of The Rings (super surprised how legit good this fucking game is. Also possibly one of the funniest games I've ever played)
- Assassin's Creed III (gifted to me by a bro! Haven't gotten too far into it, but it's pretty fun so far)
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (haven't been addicted to a CS game in a long time, feels like I'm 14 again!)
- HL2 + Episodes (I replay through them every year.)

360:

- Black Ops 2 (Hardcore Team Deathmatch is fucking great. Don't really like normal Team Deathmatch. Domination is fun too, but it's only a Core game mode.)

- Sleeping Dogs (A pretty engrossing story and really fun melee fighting and driving make this a ton more than a crappy GTA knockoff. Totally underrated!)

- Borderlands 2 (Haven't put too much time into it yet, but probably will a ton once Sleeping Dogs is done)

- Peggle (It's my shit. I'll fucking wreck anyone in it.)

Epidemic Reign
01-25-2013, 08:54 PM
- Black Ops 2 (Hardcore Team Deathmatch is fucking great. Don't really like normal Team Deathmatch. Domination is fun too, but it's only a Core game mode.)

Hardcore is definitely the way to go. Hopefully they will wise up and add more game modes to the Hardcore playlist in the near future.

What's your gamertag?

dcmetal108
01-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Borderlands 2 is the shit!

And we should all make a BO2 game night!

hinder5050
01-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Borderlands 2 is the shit!

And we should all make a BO2 game night!

Borderlands 2 is epic it aboustly got robbed not winning game of the year best game last year by far

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-26-2013, 12:41 AM
ending of episode 2 of walking dead was :eek::eek::eek::eek::hecho::hecho::hecho:

Need to finish the rest soon. Heard the ending to Episode 5 was fucking heartbreaking and have actually made people cry :-?

brutal_descent
01-26-2013, 02:31 AM
ending of episode 2 of walking dead was :eek::eek::eek::eek::hecho::hecho::hecho:

Need to finish the rest soon. Heard the ending to Episode 5 was fucking heartbreaking and have actually made people cry :-?

Yes! It made manks cry like a little bitch ;)

Nick_to_the_face
01-26-2013, 09:22 AM

Fucking nuts right? Shits about to get more intense. I say definitely get those last 3 episodes

OraclesofAgony
01-26-2013, 10:02 AM
So I started playing Dishonored the other day, and I suck at it. :lol:

I have a feeling I'm gonna be killing a lot of people throughout this game. I've never been good with stealth.

dcmetal108
01-26-2013, 11:21 AM
So I started playing Dishonored the other day, and I suck at it. :lol:

I have a feeling I'm gonna be killing a lot of people throughout this game. I've never been good with stealth.

Good thing about the game is you can play it as a action game.

OraclesofAgony
01-26-2013, 11:53 AM
Good thing about the game is you can play it as a action game.

Yeah, that's why I'm playing it. There's no way I'd be able to make it through with stealth alone.

JRA
01-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Might do a game of FFIV on the SNES

adamclark52
01-26-2013, 02:02 PM
Might do a game of FFIV on the SNES

Good call!

I'm starting to burn my way through Mass Effect 1 so I can move on to another go at (gasp) FFXIII.

Nater
01-26-2013, 03:44 PM
GTA San Andreas

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-26-2013, 06:01 PM
Dem feels I got in Episode 3 and the ending :eek:

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-27-2013, 12:53 AM
Just finished Episode 5. Fuck this game for making me shed tears :'(

John The Drummer
01-27-2013, 06:52 AM
welp, downloaded the final 3 episodes last night, gonna play through as much as possible after i get home from my moms later today!

John The Drummer
01-27-2013, 04:21 PM
Damn, episode 3 went longer than i expected.... so much shittiness though, FUCK THAT BITCH. And that ending, sheiiiiiiiit.

Might start episode 4 after dinner.

Epidemic Reign
01-28-2013, 12:18 AM
I need to find a job so I can play this Walking Dead game everyone's talking about.

I played the demo for episode 1 when it came out, but it doesn't let you do much.

John The Drummer
01-28-2013, 12:29 PM
Episode 1 is free now :D

mankvill
01-28-2013, 02:21 PM
Oh yeah also,

My gamertag is Vippo and my Steam ID is mankvill.

dcmetal108
01-28-2013, 04:39 PM
My gamertag is dudecrazy108

SomewhereInTime72
01-28-2013, 10:38 PM
Started up Saints Row 3.

kalfitegrdan
01-28-2013, 11:04 PM
Started up Saints Row 3.

That game is so over the top ridiculous. I love it.

Epidemic Reign
01-29-2013, 01:20 AM
Oh yeah also,

My gamertag is Vippo and my Steam ID is mankvill.

My gamertag is dudecrazy108

Cool, I'll add you guys next time I get on. Probably tomorrow, haha. Mine is Zydrate II. Unfortunately I don't have a headset at the moment though.

Just unlocked diamond assault rifle camos... fuck yeah!

Epidemic Reign
01-29-2013, 01:22 AM
Episode 1 is free now :D

Haha yeah I know, but I'm unemployed/broke right now and I'm afraid of getting hooked and not being able to afford the rest...

SomewhereInTime72
01-29-2013, 07:51 PM
That game is so over the top ridiculous. I love it.

Yeah so far I can't complain whatsoever. It's completely absurd and really stupid. Again, no fucking complaints.

John The Drummer
01-30-2013, 04:18 PM
Finished Episode 4 last night! I felt it was a bit underwhelming with how much OH SHIT WTF was actually going on. Can't wait to see how it all unravels in the final episode :eek:

Nick_to_the_face
01-30-2013, 06:57 PM
Finished Episode 4 last night! I felt it was a bit underwhelming with how much OH SHIT WTF was actually going on. Can't wait to see how it all unravels in the final episode :eek:

Prepare for FEELINGS :bawling:

John The Drummer
02-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Just finished The Walking Dead. sad ending, although i was expecting the outcome. Cant wait for season 2, considering they keep them coming!

Epidemic Reign
02-01-2013, 04:31 PM
Downloading the Revolution map pack for BO2 right now. Can't wait to play in the snow again.

adamclark52
02-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Finished Mass Effect 1 today. I was surprised how much easier the game got the further I got. I barely broke a sweat against Saren.

Overall, it was an incredible but flawed game. I've already beaten ME 2 and 3 a couple times and I had to play this when it finally came out for PS3 because I wanted to see how it all started. And I didn't feel right calling Mass Effect one of my favorite series of all-time without playing the original game. The combat was pretty clunky compared to the other two, and I really missed the "auto-save" function. The MAKO missions got easier as I kept doing them but they ended up being really tedious. The game felt short too.

I really liked the innocence of this game, especially compared to 3. It was odd listening to conversations and theories about the Reapers and Protheans knowing very well what was going to happen in the later games. It was especially funny listening to Liara go on about the Protheans knowing that a lot of what she thought she knew was wrong and that she was idolizing a race that was nothing like she thought they were.

I'm glad I played it, and I'm finally over playing Mass Effect games. Time to move on.

adamclark52
02-02-2013, 07:41 PM
I walked by GameStop today and saw a poster for the new Metal Gear Solid. I didn't even know it was coming out in a few weeks. Six years ago I'd have been off the roof excited, but after MGS4 I really don't care. I don't play video games to watch two hour cutscenes. Hopefully someone else here picks it up and can give me some input wether it's worth it or not.

dcmetal108
02-02-2013, 09:34 PM
I walked by GameStop today and saw a poster for the new Metal Gear Solid. I didn't even know it was coming out in a few weeks. Six years ago I'd have been off the roof excited, but after MGS4 I really don't care. I don't play video games to watch two hour cutscenes. Hopefully someone else here picks it up and can give me some input wether it's worth it or not.

the new MGS is like a Ninja Gaiden hack and slash you know lol.

adamclark52
02-03-2013, 05:02 AM
the new MGS is like a Ninja Gaiden hack and slash you know lol.

Yeah, but I don't play MGS for the gameplay, I play for the Japcore FMV's.

They should just make the games a FMV where I just have to hit the X button every hour or so I can initiate another half hour load screen.

Nick_to_the_face
02-04-2013, 10:47 PM
There's so many damn games that I have started and never finished its ridiculous. I REALLY need to finish a lot of them. I haven't even beat Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, and I have a copy of revelations I've never even touched.

Also, I've been wanting XCOM: Enemy Unknown forever, and I finally bought it, and I'm not digging it as much as thought:hecho:

adamclark52
02-05-2013, 12:47 PM
I got the urge (for whatever reason) to play Final Fantasy XIII again, so I started last night. The thing about the game is I really enjoyed the music and the gameplay, I had no idea what was going on in the story, and I hated the characters. Snow and Vanilla: so bad. Lightning: not a very likeable person. Hope: just there. Sahz and Fang: actually okay.

But I remember liking the last quarter of the game. So I'll play through, shut off my ears during the cutscenes, and look forward to when we get to Pulse.

John The Drummer
02-05-2013, 03:27 PM
I never got far in FFXIII because I got stuck at some stupid boss that kept changing what Element he was :(

adamclark52
02-05-2013, 03:59 PM
I never got far in FFXIII because I got stuck at some stupid boss that kept changing what Element he was :(

Ah yes, the "shifting weakness boss"; a Final Fantasy staple.

I remember powering through the game with no real problems, except the Esper (or whatever they were called, Odin, Bahamut) battles, and the last few bosses.

SomewhereInTime72
02-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Started up Psychonauts last night.

Holy shit this game is cute.

John The Drummer
02-09-2013, 03:17 PM
My life feels so empty without The Walking Dead :(
Started Limbo last night, pretty coo

dcmetal108
02-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Still hooked on Dead Rising 2 Off The Record and started playing COD4 again online.

adamclark52
02-09-2013, 06:56 PM
I've tried playing WWE '13 again over the past two nights and I can't stand it.

Sinister_Chalupa666
02-09-2013, 10:59 PM
Forgot they added trophy support to Metal Gear Solid 4. Been playing that bitch lately now cause of it lol.

Can't wait to get Aliens: Colonial Marines :rocker::rocker: Game is going to be fucking cray cray.

Nick_to_the_face
02-13-2013, 11:12 AM
My life feels so empty without The Walking Dead :(
Started Limbo last night, pretty coo

I know the feeling :lol:
Limbo is pretty cool. Do you have a 360 or ps3?

JRA
02-13-2013, 11:28 AM
I tried to get started on FF1 for the NES, but I couldn't decide what party I wanted to use.

adamclark52
02-13-2013, 11:48 AM
I tried to get started on FF1 for the NES, but I couldn't decide what party I wanted to use.

Warrior, Thief, White Mage, Black Mage is what I always used but you could subsistute the Thief for Monk or Red Mage. I always used Thief in my youth due to my obssession with Ninjas.

John The Drummer
02-13-2013, 12:16 PM
I know the feeling :lol:
Limbo is pretty cool. Do you have a 360 or ps3?

GT: Johnthedrummer

:tongue:

Sinister_Chalupa666
02-13-2013, 03:10 PM
So Aliens: Colonial Marines...

Campaign sucks dick but the multiplayer is pretty fun.

That is all.

Sinister_Chalupa666
02-16-2013, 08:58 PM
Who's getting Metal Gear Rising at midnight?

Going to be awesome :party::party::rocker::rocker:

adamclark52
02-17-2013, 05:57 AM
Who's getting Metal Gear Rising at midnight?

Going to be awesome :party::party::rocker::rocker:

I was spent on MGS after Guns of the Patriots.

Epidemic Reign
02-18-2013, 07:24 AM
I've been on a huge Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 kick lately.

Epidemic Reign
02-19-2013, 03:39 AM
Finally downloaded TWD episode 1. Haven't started playing yet.

John The Drummer
02-19-2013, 12:10 PM
Finally downloaded TWD episode 1. Haven't started playing yet.

PLAY IT
I havent touched my Xbox for a while, nothing really catching my attention ATM.

JRA
02-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Final Fantasy. NES version

adamclark52
02-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Final Fantasy. NES version
Hard-core! Have fun (until the Marsh Cave anyway).

dcmetal108
02-19-2013, 08:21 PM
Red Faction Armageddon

Sinister_Chalupa666
02-19-2013, 11:41 PM
Metal Gear Rising is fucking awesome. Best hack and slash game I have played in a long time. Combo system is great and the bosses are very awesome to play against.

I wrote this game off quick when it was announced that Platinum Games was taking over and Kojima wasn't really going to be a part of it. I'm a big MGS fanboy so I just pretty much thought it was crap. Played the demo and thought it was actually pretty good. So from there looked up all info and shit and decided to give it a try. Best choice I made cause it's fucking awesome :rocker::rocker::rocker:

John The Drummer
02-20-2013, 12:14 PM
Metal Gear Rising is fucking awesome. Best hack and slash game I have played in a long time. Combo system is great and the bosses are very awesome to play against.

I wrote this game off quick when it was announced that Platinum Games was taking over and Kojima wasn't really going to be a part of it. I'm a big MGS fanboy so I just pretty much thought it was crap. Played the demo and thought it was actually pretty good. So from there looked up all info and shit and decided to give it a try. Best choice I made cause it's fucking awesome :rocker::rocker::rocker:

ITS ACTUALLY OUT !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I must be living under a rock :lol:

SomewhereInTime72
02-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Playing Deus Ex for the first time.

About time I gave this a shot.

Sinister_Chalupa666
02-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Finished Metal Gear Rising yesterday. Holy shit that last boss was a fucking bitch lol.

hinder5050
02-23-2013, 07:58 PM
playing crysis 3 pretty badass with that predator bow

Sinister_Chalupa666
02-23-2013, 08:21 PM
I've heard mix things about it. Heard story is great but multiplayer is lackluster. Seemed cool when I played the beta.

dcmetal108
02-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Crysis 3 is worth a rental right now thats all. Single player is fun but extremely fucking short (5-6 hours if that) and multiplayer is a mess.

Worst part right now is the game itself actually. It freezes all the fucking time. Loading screens during single player and even just loading the multiplayer menu. Even all the friends I have that own the game and have even installed it to the hard drive say the game still freezes. Plus it has its fair share of glitches and bugs.

Prolly right now a 6.5/10 single player wise.

hinder5050
02-23-2013, 11:03 PM
I've heard mix things about it. Heard story is great but multiplayer is lackluster. Seemed cool when I played the beta.

multiplayer isnt bad could be better

Sinister_Chalupa666
03-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Picked up God Of War: Ascension collectors edition. Going to play and cry now.

adamclark52
03-24-2013, 10:28 PM
I've been playing through Final Fantasy XIII for a second time. I thought waiting three years since its release would've numbed some of the pain but instead I think I'm liking it even less. At least the first time I didn't know what was next, before I got disappointed. Now I know what's coming, and I know that it sucks. And the characters are just so lame. God, what an awful game.

I should be done it in a few weeks hopefully. After that, my son's been watching a lot of that movie WALL-E the last few weeks and seeing that post-apocalyptic wasteland has really inspired me to play Fallout 3 again.

kalfitegrdan
03-24-2013, 11:32 PM
Been on a Runescape kick lately.

Dextrimental
03-25-2013, 08:41 AM
Super Monkey Ball. Trying to get the speedruns down. I amen't looking to break records, but just have some competitive times for the hell of it.

Bioshock Infinite tomorrow. YES!!!!

John The Drummer
03-25-2013, 03:37 PM
Haven't played an video games for such a long time :(
I downloaded the THPS3 3 level pack for THPS HD, but have barely touched the levels. I think I need to get back on it.

Sinister_Chalupa666
03-27-2013, 10:48 AM
Been playing Bioshock: Infinite...HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS GAME IS FUCKING AMAZING :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

No joke this is the best FPS I have played in a loooooooong time. The story, characters, gameplay, and all are just amazing and the floating city of Columbia is beautiful and will leave you in awe.

Dextrimental
03-27-2013, 11:36 AM
Been playing Bioshock: Infinite...HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS GAME IS FUCKING AMAZING :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

No joke this is the best FPS I have played in a loooooooong time. The story, characters, gameplay, and all are just amazing and the floating city of Columbia is beautiful and will leave you in awe.

All of this. First game I've played in years that is a contender for my favorite game ever, IF the quality holds up throughout!

John The Drummer
03-27-2013, 12:22 PM
I've been playing through Final Fantasy XIII for a second time. I thought waiting three years since its release would've numbed some of the pain but instead I think I'm liking it even less. At least the first time I didn't know what was next, before I got disappointed. Now I know what's coming, and I know that it sucks. And the characters are just so lame. God, what an awful game.

I should be done it in a few weeks hopefully. After that, my son's been watching a lot of that movie WALL-E the last few weeks and seeing that post-apocalyptic wasteland has really inspired me to play Fallout 3 again.

I've been meaning to touch Final Fantasy XIII again since I lost my file and was stuck at a boss last time I played it. I don't know if I REALLY want to do it though. I actually enjoyed the characters and the story, but the gameplay is what really turned it off for me.

dcmetal108
03-27-2013, 01:12 PM
Just bought Bioshock and the new Army Of Two so I'm all set.

OraclesofAgony
03-31-2013, 03:39 PM
Man am I glad I waited to buy the Skyrim Dragonborn DLC. I was so close to buying it a couple days ago and now it's 50% off. :party:

adamclark52
04-01-2013, 09:57 PM
I finally finished Final Fantasy XIII tonight. Talk about having zero emotional attachment to a game. I just sat their during the last few hours and waited for it to be over (if you're gonna start something you better finish). I didn't think I'd like it less the second time around. It's just such a gay game.

John the Drummer; don't waste your time. Play something else.

Disturbed95
04-02-2013, 05:36 AM
Just beat Gears of War Judgement. Gonna replay the first Gears again because i got it for free with judgement

Nick_to_the_face
04-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Picked up God of War: Ascension and the collector's edition that has all 5 previous games. So I'm definitely set for a while :D

Christen
04-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Been playing Bioshock Infinite. Soooooooooooooooooo good.

Disturbed95
04-05-2013, 06:21 AM
Picked up God of War: Ascension and the collector's edition that has all 5 previous games. So I'm definitely set for a while :D

I would honestly get a Ps3 just for that alone. God of War is one of my favorite game series

Nick_to_the_face
04-05-2013, 08:54 AM
I would honestly get a Ps3 just for that alone. God of War is one of my favorite game series

That would be totally worth it. Not only does the collection come with 1,2, and 3. But it also has ports of the 2 they made for the psp

Sinister_Chalupa666
04-05-2013, 06:05 PM
I did not see the ending to Bioshock: Infinite coming at all. Holy fuck that was a mind fuck of a ending.

John The Drummer
04-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Played THPS: HD tonight, first game I've sat down and played in a long while... meeeeh :(
I fear I may have lost interest in playing games :'(

mankvill
04-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Saints Row 3 on the PC. I fired it up today and before I knew it, I spent 6 hours in the game. Anyone else have it?

SomewhereInTime72
04-07-2013, 06:49 PM
that game fun as shit bro

Sinister_Chalupa666
04-16-2013, 11:54 PM
Been playing Injustice: Gods Among Us and goddamn is it great. Hands down the best fighting game I have played in a looooooooooooong time. They really went all out on this and will have DC nerds just jizzing their pants with everything in this game. It's pretty damn amazing for a fighting game.

John The Drummer
04-24-2013, 12:18 PM
Went on a gaming roll last night :lol: . Felt good.
Got home early from work, put in Fallout 3, restarted that and got myself started and out of the vault.
Then I put in GTA: Lost and The Damned (restarted it last week, just for entertainment), did a couple missions in that.
Restarted Lego Batman, and was hooked on that for a while. Goddamn I love that game, definitely going to try to 100% that game.
Then I played THPS:HD and did some stuff in that. I heard that you cannot use the Revert function in any levels except the THPS3 ones.. yet... I've been using it in every lever :eyes:

adamclark52
04-29-2013, 09:36 AM
I tried getting into Final Fantasy IX but the game was just too damn slow (the gameplay, not the story) so I couldn't do it. After playing FF XIII and its lightning fast gameplay it's hard to get into anything else. And like any other PSone game; the graphics are so damn terrible it's hard to ignore it.

I was thinking about playing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic again but instead I'm going for another playthrough of the Mass Effect trilogy, and getting any DLCs I missed. I'm also playing on HARDCORE difficulty, not sure if I'm ready for INSANITY just yet.

KotOR suffers from the same problem as PSone games; terrible looking after playing current games. I may play it after Mass Effect.

John The Drummer
05-09-2013, 12:40 PM
Lego Batman has been my drug as of late. I gave up on THPS: HD when I found out there were practically no unlockables.... TONY HAWK WAS ALL ABOUT THE UNLOCKABLE VIDEOS, PRO BAILS 1 AND 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!1!!!11!!!!11!!!!

dcmetal108
05-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Sick today so been playing Minecraft on PC and Crash Course 2 on xbox when it works.

DementedX14
05-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Just finished playing Tomb Raider for the 360. Great game overall.

adamclark52
05-19-2013, 06:59 PM
...nothing...I just got the PS3 "red light of death"...at least it died with a game I got as a gift in it...and now I have no reason not to play KotOR...but still, what the fuck...

adamclark52
05-21-2013, 11:23 PM
I bought a new 500Gb PS3 and started playing the first Bioshock game last night. I had high expectations but I wasn't as impressed as I'd hoped. What's killing me is the controls. Why have R2 and L2 as shoot and R1 and L1 as change weapons? That is ass-fuck-backwards. I don't know how many fire fights I got into where I was getting slaughtered because I was too busy changing weapons rather than shooting. And being unable to change the controls is even worse.

Aside from that the game reminds me a lot of Fallout 3. Just a little more cartoony and cleaner. Fallouts world looked like it had been like that for decades whereas Bioshocks looks like it had been like that for weeks, which I guess the designers were going for in both.

Some cutsceens would be nice too, so far the story has just progressed via radio chatter and that's cheap IMO. I'm looking at you Metal Gear Solid.

John The Drummer
05-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Almost done with the Super Hero chapters of Lego Batman. I only get MAYBE one or two days to get a good amount of gaming in a week, but I've been trying to find all the secrets and minikits and shit.

W0unds
05-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Been playing tons of Counter Strike: Global Offensive lately after a friend bought a copy in the last Steam sale.

adamclark52
05-24-2013, 07:03 PM
Just found out that my wonderful, brand new 500Gb PS3 (that I didn't want to buy but was forced to when my old one died) isn't backwards compatible.

So I'd like to thank myself for keeping my PS2 and give a big "fuck you" to Sony.

John The Drummer
05-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Just found out that my wonderful, brand new 500Gb PS3 (that I didn't want to buy but was forced to when my old one died) isn't backwards compatible.

So I'd like to thank myself for keeping my PS2 and give a big "fuck you" to Sony.

Not allowing backwards compatibility in your system is a HUGE flaw in current gen systems. Which is why PS2 is pretty much the perfect system to ever be created :)

Anyawy, playing the Super Villian chapters in Lego Batman now. They seem to be more fun than the Batman/Robin ones. I love double jumping as Clayface :light:

adamclark52
05-25-2013, 06:31 PM
Not allowing backwards compatibility in your system is a HUGE flaw in current gen systems. Which is why PS2 is pretty much the perfect system to ever be created :)

Anyawy, playing the Super Villian chapters in Lego Batman now. They seem to be more fun than the Batman/Robin ones. I love double jumping as Clayface :light:

Well, my first gen 80Gb PS3 was backwards compatible but it was six years old and I got the red light of death last weekend. So it was the perfect system.

I don't see why they don't include it on all systems. They can't expect to make that much money off people being forced to re-buy their older games on the Playstation Network. Because I for one won't be. I have all my old systems. If I want to play a PS2 game it's not that much of an inconvenience for me to plug that system in. And unlike my PS3; my SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, PSone and PS2 all work.

Sinister_Chalupa666
05-26-2013, 07:59 AM
eh, i don't care about b/c. I bought a PS3 to play PS3 games.

ShatteredFlame
05-26-2013, 08:26 AM
I may be wrong but I think all PS3s have PSOne backwards compatibility. I have the slim 600GB purchased in 2010 and it can play PSOne games but not PS2 games.

adamclark52
05-26-2013, 10:26 AM
I may be wrong but I think all PS3s have PSOne backwards compatibility. I have the slim 600GB purchased in 2010 and it can play PSOne games but not PS2 games.

That would be good, I never thought to check. I don't have a PSone memory card so that would be a very good thing.

Dextrimental
05-28-2013, 06:11 AM

As far as I know, this is true. Sony made a boo-boo with the PS3's architecture, they basically put a ps1, ps2 AND ps3 together in the console, so the first wave was essentially 3 consoles in one. This drove the price up, and as such they had to cut the ps2 in order to fix the obscene cost price.

The ps2 capabilities it has now, for downloadable titles, is actually a digital emulator, and you're essentially downloading roms when you buy the games digitally. It a bit of a mess, but this generation has been all over the place for such things!

TheWildAndTheYoung
05-28-2013, 07:04 AM
Right now I'm mostly playing minecraft and the occasional zombies run on BO2, really waiting for Elder Scrolls Online and new Assassin's Creed.I don't play multiplayer on Bo2 that much anymore because when me and my brother got 8th prestige he went to refund our prestige tokens, but then after he did that it kicked him out of the lobby he was in and it was revealed that we got reduced to level 1, no prestige, so until my brother gets us back to where we were (he is 6th prestige now), I don't want to play.

About the b/c thing, I really wish they would have made PS3 b/c, firstly because I can't buy a lot of my favorite Ps2 games on the store (The Hobbit, Lord Of The Rings games, Conflict games, Turok: Evolution, etc.) and secondly because I can't seem to find the cords needed to plug my Ps2 up.Maybe, just maybe, ps4 will be b/c, because they said they were trying to implement it.

dcmetal108
05-28-2013, 07:10 AM
Right now I'm mostly playing minecraft and the occasional zombies run on BO2, really waiting for Elder Scrolls Online and new Assassin's Creed.I don't play multiplayer on Bo2 that much anymore because when me and my brother got 8th prestige he went to refund our prestige tokens, but then after he did that it kicked him out of the lobby he was in and it was revealed that we got reduced to level 1, no prestige, so until my brother gets us back to where we were (he is 6th prestige now), I don't want to play.

About the b/c thing, I really wish they would have made PS3 b/c, firstly because I can't buy a lot of my favorite Ps2 games on the store (The Hobbit, Lord Of The Rings games, Conflict games, Turok: Evolution, etc.) and secondly because I can't seem to find the cords needed to plug my Ps2 up.Maybe, just maybe, ps4 will be b/c, because they said they were trying to implement it.

You do know you can buy the PS2 cords off ebay with free shipping for like $3.

Also I hate to break it to you but PS4 will not be b/c at all because they are doing a online store for PS4 where you will able to buy and play PS1,PS2,and PS3 games.

TheWildAndTheYoung
05-28-2013, 07:26 AM
You do know you can buy the PS2 cords off ebay with free shipping for like $3.

Also I hate to break it to you but PS4 will not be b/c at all because they are doing a online store for PS4 where you will able to buy and play PS1,PS2,and PS3 games.

Yea I figured they'd be on ebay, but I got no money whatsoever as usual, so that won't happen anytime soon.