PDA

View Full Version : Now Playing (Games Version!)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

John The Drummer
10-04-2011, 04:41 PM
A bit stuck on RDR, might trade it with my friend for the copy of LA Noire he took from me :hmm:

GET FUCKED! Don't trade RDR unless your life depended on it :mad::mad::mad:
It's by far one of the greatest games released in recent memory.

I'm still playing GTA4. Finally unlocked the last island, but I'm mainly going for the side jobs to get the cheevo's. I beat GH: Metallica on all instruments, so I'll call that game done for now.

After GTA I still cannot decide on what to move to. I really want to continue playing Fallout 3 or Fable 2, just not sure which to take on first :tp:

adamclark52
10-16-2011, 10:35 PM
I just picked up an older PS3 game called White Knight Chronicles, I've been playing for about two hours and I have NO IDEA what I'm doing. This may have been a bad idea (my choices were this or Dragon Age 2, not sure why I chose this) but I got it for less than $30 so I'm not too worried. If anyone can help me figure out what exactly I should be doing in this game, much appreciated.

adamclark52
10-16-2011, 10:49 PM
I just picked up an older PS3 game called White Knight Chronicles, I've been playing for about two hours and I have NO IDEA what I'm doing. This may have been a bad idea (my choices were this or Dragon Age 2, not sure why I chose this) but I got it for less than $30 so I'm not too worried. If anyone can help me figure out what exactly I should be doing in this game, much appreciated.

Let me rephrase that to NO FUCKING CLUE. This reminds me of about seven years ago when I played some game called ..//hack.3 and didn't realize you had to play two other games to even have a clue what you were doing, I lasted about five minutes into that game.

SomewhereInTime72
10-17-2011, 09:52 PM
This reminds me of about seven years ago when I played some game called ..//hack.3 and didn't realize you had to play two other games to even have a clue what you were doing, I lasted about five minutes into that game.

but it has a 3 in it wouldnt that make you think it's a sequel.

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/The_Genius_of_Sappheiros i've been playing this nonstop lately. There needs to be some sort of AA type thing for nerdiness because I'm realizing I'm getting addicted to an overly-difficult indie JRPG based on indie japanese shooting games and I don't think it gets worse than that without delving into sexual deviancy.

Dextrimental
10-17-2011, 10:12 PM
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/The_Genius_of_Sappheiros i've been playing this nonstop lately. There needs to be some sort of AA type thing for nerdiness because I'm realizing I'm getting addicted to an overly-difficult indie JRPG based on indie japanese shooting games and I don't think it gets worse than that without delving into sexual deviancy.

I just checked that out on youtube, it looks really dull.. Is it actually any fun?

I'm waiting for Arkham City this weekend...!!!!!!

SomewhereInTime72
10-17-2011, 10:23 PM
There are people out there that like turn based 2d dungeon crawling ocd completion games. I am part of this sad group. :tongue:

I'm actually very into the slow pace of certain game types lately to the point that the more actiony a game is I actually see it as a turnoff. :eyes:

Dextrimental
10-17-2011, 10:39 PM
I've not quite experienced a very slow game beyond that of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, I may check this one out! The only JRPG's I have ever played have been Square Enix titles, to my knowledge anyway.

I don't mind any kind of pacing as long as it suits the title therein, though action/adventure and RPG's are my forte, and they are usually mid-paced in nature.

ravenheart
10-18-2011, 02:31 AM
Assassin's Creed II and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Kind of alternating between the two.

Just finished sequence 4 on AC2 and sequence 8 on AC:B.

masterguy49
10-18-2011, 10:21 AM
Assassin's Creed II and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Kind of alternating between the two.

I fucking love Assassin's Creed 2 and while Brotherhood isn't as great, it's still awesome, plus the multiplayer is fun as hell!

Picked up Arkham City at midnight last night! :party:
Gonna start as soon as I get home.

ravenheart
10-18-2011, 03:45 PM
I fucking love Assassin's Creed 2 and while Brotherhood isn't as great, it's still awesome, plus the multiplayer is fun as hell!

I far prefer AC:B. The story has a much more sensible pace. AC2 is too slow.

Don't play multiplayer on anything.

kommie
10-18-2011, 05:35 PM

Have you beat these before? because Brotherhood is a sequel to 2.

masterguy49
10-18-2011, 06:00 PM
I far prefer AC:B. The story has a much more sensible pace. AC2 is too slow.

For some reason the story of AC:B didn't click with me. *shrug*.

Oh well, its a unique multiplayer so I'd suggest your check it out, but your choice.

2 hours into Arkham City and it's kicking so much ass! :party:

Epidemic Reign
10-19-2011, 01:39 AM

Holy shit, I thought you were joking when you said achievements were the lamest thing since multiplayer :lol:

Multiplayer is basically the only reason I find video games interesting anymore.

hb420
10-19-2011, 07:19 PM
Batman : Arkham City

Walmart offered both Batman Games for the price of the new one. :party:

Epidemic Reign
10-19-2011, 07:21 PM
Batman : Arkham City

Walmart offered both Batman Games for the price of the new one. :party:

I wonder if they're doing that everywhere... I never played the last one. New one looks great though. If I can find this deal near me, I'll bite.

AnataFan4Life
10-20-2011, 06:28 AM
Dark Souls

Fuck the Capra Demon :flame:

kommie
10-20-2011, 06:43 AM
Dark Souls

Fuck the Capra Demon :flame:

really? that thing was pathetic, killed it first try. go up the stairs and there's a ledge you can stand on to the right, kill the dogs, and then plunge attack the demon, run up stairs, repeat, or if you have pyromancy, fireball it as well.

AnataFan4Life
10-20-2011, 05:05 PM
really? that thing was pathetic, killed it first try. go up the stairs and there's a ledge you can stand on to the right, kill the dogs, and then plunge attack the demon, run up stairs, repeat, or if you have pyromancy, fireball it as well.

Thats the problem. I can never get to the stairs because the dogs block the way.

EDIT: Nevermind, just beat him. Turns out all i had to do was roll to the right to lure the dogs and dodge his attack, THEN go up the stairs.

kommie
10-20-2011, 08:31 PM
Thats the problem. I can never get to the stairs because the dogs block the way.

EDIT: Nevermind, just beat him. Turns out all i had to do was roll to the right to lure the dogs and dodge his attack, THEN go up the stairs.

there's an area later in the game that has respawing capra demons as regular enemies. :D

AnataFan4Life
10-21-2011, 10:10 AM
there's an area later in the game that has respawing capra demons as regular enemies. :D

Once you get rid of the dogs he's not so bad actually.

hb420
10-21-2011, 05:40 PM
Just got through with the Mad Hatter level in Batman, really cool shit. :wow:

Nick_to_the_face
10-24-2011, 09:19 AM
Kingdom Hearts 2 :D
I've never heard these games mentioned. Any KH fans?

masterguy49
10-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Kingdom Hearts 2 :D
I've never heard these games mentioned. Any KH fans?
I love all the KH games <3. Played em all through over again the summer.

Just got through with the Mad Hatter level in Batman, really cool shit. :wow:

Trippy as fuck, isn't it :lol:

BloodoftheKings
10-24-2011, 07:47 PM
>Only have money to get 1 new game at launch.
>Pre-order Skyrim
>Waiting til Christmas to play Uncharted 3 shouldn't be too bad.
>Watch IGN's video review hailing it as the ultimate experience and the new gold standard for video games 10/10.
>FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU----

Nick_to_the_face
10-25-2011, 10:27 AM
I love all the KH games <3. Played em all through over again the summer.

<3
They really need to make a third one

SomewhereInTime72
10-25-2011, 09:26 PM
Baldur's Gate

oldschool

Nick_to_the_face
10-26-2011, 09:27 AM
Baldur's Gate

oldschool

:fist:

Epidemic Reign
10-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Halloween weekend "Boom Snipes" playlist on Gears 3. Team Deathmatch, everyone starts with a Boomshot and a Longshot :rocker:

Dextrimental
11-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Played through Dead Space 2 during the move. Disappointing to say the least. Lost Oddysey and Mass Effect are now on the chopping board!

ravenheart
11-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Finished Assassin's Creed 2 last week (apart from a bunch of collectables I need to go back and mop up).

So next I'll resume Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, of which I only have 2 sequences and the DLC to do, I think. Then going back to the first one.

DethMaiden
11-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Gonna sink most of today post-turkey into that bad boy.

adamclark52
11-26-2011, 05:41 AM
I just finished Dragon Age II last night. It was a really good game, the combat was more enjoyable even if it was just mashing the X button, the menu interface was way easier to navigate than the first game, the voice acting was really good and the characters enjoyable. The problems were that it was a bit too side-quest driven, the main plot was really only about 7-10 hours and the main problem; you're always in the same environments. You go to probably ten missions in mansions and it's always the same map with maybe different lighting or a few doors locked and inaccessible. The same problems with cave missions or missions in a warehouse. And you never really leave Kirkwall, the main city. It felt like part of a game, or a large expansion pack, rather than a full game.

Varric was a cool character, I really liked him. Fenris too, only because he had the same voice actor as Balthier from Final Fantasy XXII (one of my favorite games of all time). And Sandel was back, he rules and kicked some serious ass in this game (who knows how), and survives so I can't wait to see him in Dragon Age III. Maybe we'll find out what the fuck his deal is.

makethemsuffer12
11-26-2011, 06:13 AM
Uncharted 3. :D

maidenpriest
11-26-2011, 11:55 PM
I just finished Dragon Age II last night. It was a really good game, the combat was more enjoyable even if it was just mashing the X button, the menu interface was way easier to navigate than the first game, the voice acting was really good and the characters enjoyable. The problems were that it was a bit too side-quest driven, the main plot was really only about 7-10 hours and the main problem; you're always in the same environments. You go to probably ten missions in mansions and it's always the same map with maybe different lighting or a few doors locked and inaccessible. The same problems with cave missions or missions in a warehouse. And you never really leave Kirkwall, the main city. It felt like part of a game, or a large expansion pack, rather than a full game.

Varric was a cool character, I really liked him. Fenris too, only because he had the same voice actor as Balthier from Final Fantasy XXII (one of my favorite games of all time). And Sandel was back, he rules and kicked some serious ass in this game (who knows how), and survives so I can't wait to see him in Dragon Age III. Maybe we'll find out what the fuck his deal is.

I agree. I felt that even the main plot that had little to do with anything, until the last act when you go WTF?! I feel like its a prequel to more epic things to come in the series. Varric, Isabela and Aveline were my favorite characters, I loved their hilarious banter.

maidenpriest
11-26-2011, 11:56 PM
Then going back to the first one.

Why? First game was definitely great for gameplay and stuff but its sooooo repetitive...

maidenpriest
11-26-2011, 11:56 PM
Also, playing League of Legends...might be a lame game to some people but w/e.

MPF
11-26-2011, 11:59 PM
Oh yeah I forgot about this thread.

But anyways in case you missed the 2 posts I made in two different threads. I picked up GEars Of War 3 for 8 bucks and beat it in 10 hours. pretty bummed I beat it so fast. But now I'm back to gaming again i gotta get something else soon. It's been too long.

Epidemic Reign
11-27-2011, 12:21 AM
Oh yeah I forgot about this thread.

But anyways in case you missed the 2 posts I made in two different threads. I picked up GEars Of War 3 for 8 bucks and beat it in 10 hours. pretty bummed I beat it so fast. But now I'm back to gaming again i gotta get something else soon. It's been too long.

You didn't "beat" Gears 3 in 10 hours.

Did you reach level 100 or get the Seriously 3.0 achievement? I didn't think so :lol:

This is 2011 dude, single-player is completely irrelevant. ;)

brutal_descent
11-27-2011, 12:43 AM
Watching my friend play MW3. Say what you will, but this franchise has some of the best writing in games that I've seen. The storyline just keeps getting better...

MPF
11-27-2011, 12:51 AM
You didn't "beat" Gears 3 in 10 hours.

Did you reach level 100 or get the Seriously 3.0 achievement? I didn't think so :lol:

I can't get that far without online multiplayer. So that said I got as far as I can go playing non-online single player.

I don't think it's irrelevant to have a good story in story modes for single player. Not all games should be multiplayer shoot em' ups.

#I'm23andfeellikeanoldfart

Epidemic Reign
11-27-2011, 12:57 AM
I can't get that far without online multiplayer. So that said I got as far as I can go playing non-online single player.

I don't think it's irrelevant to have a good story in story modes for single player. Not all games should be multiplayer shoot em' ups.

#I'm23andfeellikeanoldfart

No, you're right. But Gears is kind of more directed at the online multiplayer crowd. It was still a pretty good story despite the short duration though, wasn't it? I thought so.

Although when it comes to single-player campaigns, Gears 2 is by far the best of the trilogy.

Epidemic Reign
11-27-2011, 12:58 AM
Watching my friend play MW3. Say what you will, but this franchise has some of the best writing in games that I've seen. The storyline just keeps getting better...

MULTIPLAYER GODDAMNIT.

MPF
11-27-2011, 01:15 AM
No, you're right. But Gears is kind of more directed at the online multiplayer crowd. It was still a pretty good story despite the short duration though, wasn't it? I thought so.

Although when it comes to single-player campaigns, Gears 2 is by far the best of the trilogy.

Yeah that's true, but plus Bender from Futurama is Marcus Fenix. So I automatically got sucked in. :D

Gears 2 was my favorite of all of them, but that last level was the fucking hardest in any game ever made. That took me WEEKS UPON WEEKS to finally beat. But 3 was just as badass. It does kinda leave things open for a 4thone, but I doubt it was going to happen reading the credits and the makers of the games thanking people for the trilogy.

Hearing Body Count do the song during the credits was priceless to me :lol:

Epidemic Reign
11-27-2011, 01:22 AM
Yeah that's true, but plus Bender from Futurama is Marcus Fenix. So I automatically got sucked in. :D

Gears 2 was my favorite of all of them, but that last level was the fucking hardest in any game ever made. That took me WEEKS UPON WEEKS to finally beat. But 3 was just as badass. It does kinda leave things open for a 4thone, but I doubt it was going to happen reading the credits and the makers of the games thanking people for the trilogy.

Hearing Body Count do the song during the credits was priceless to me :lol:

I did not know that Bender and Marcus Fenix were one and the same :D Interesting.

I'm sure Gears of War will return, but I'm counting on the next installment revolving around an entirely new group of characters and possibly even a different location.

Honestly though, I hope more than anything that Epic takes some time to develop a new installment in the Unreal franchise. Although that's the multiplayer in me talking ;)

MPF
11-27-2011, 01:29 AM
I did not know that Bender and Marcus Fenix were one and the same :D Interesting.

I'm sure Gears of War will return, but I'm counting on the next installment revolving around an entirely new group of characters and possibly even a different location.

Honestly though, I hope more than anything that Epic takes some time to develop a new installment in the Unreal franchise. Although that's the multiplayer in me talking ;)

He does a couple other voices in the series, although their names escape me at 3:27am, haha

I would hope that it continues in some format, it's way too fun of a series to just stop.

One of these days I will get me 360 hooked up for online play. It's just that my computer and 360 are on two different floors, and I do have a router. so until I do, it's single player for me (Unless I go to a buddy's house).

Epidemic Reign
11-27-2011, 01:32 AM
One of these days I will get me 360 hooked up for online play. It's just that my computer and 360 are on two different floors, and I do have a router. so until I do, it's single player for me (Unless I go to a buddy's house).

Well I hope you do man, and when it happens I'll have to snag your gamertag so we can tear some shit up online!

MPF
11-27-2011, 01:53 AM
Well I hope you do man, and when it happens I'll have to snag your gamertag so we can tear some shit up online!

Sure thing man.

MPF
11-27-2011, 02:54 AM
Always related:

http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/internet-memes-he-deleted-my-entire-skyrim-progress.jpg

adamclark52
11-27-2011, 05:56 AM
I agree. I felt that even the main plot that had little to do with anything, until the last act when you go WTF?! I feel like its a prequel to more epic things to come in the series. Varric, Isabela and Aveline were my favorite characters, I loved their hilarious banter.

Gotta agree, all the characters were pretty cool and their loyalty mission were all a lot more original than those of the companions in Mass Effect 2. And the girls were hotter:eyes:. Overall I think I still liked Mass Effect 2 better though.

SomewhereInTime72
11-27-2011, 11:30 PM
Skyward Mothafuckin Sword yo.

Natrlhi
11-28-2011, 03:22 PM
So I suspect most of you who care about this probably already know, but just in case: Amazon is selling Arkham City for the XBox and PS3 for $30 today.

I suppose I should get it, but I've barely even had a chance to play Arkham City. I love it, I'm just so fucking busy. I have about a dozen games I bought last year that I haven't even played yet. Fuck, I am a shitty gamer. :(

ravenheart
11-28-2011, 03:29 PM
So I suspect most of you who care about this probably already know, but just in case: Amazon is selling Arkham City for the XBox and PS3 for $30 today.

I suppose I should get it, but I've barely even had a chance to play Arkham City. I love it, I'm just so fucking busy. I have about a dozen games I bought last year that I haven't even played yet. Fuck, I am a shitty gamer. :(

Motherfuckers sell it for that price here, damnit!

ravenheart
11-28-2011, 03:35 PM

And that is very sad.

John The Drummer
12-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Skyrim. I can't decide if I want to do side shit or do the main missions. Kind of going between them. My Nord is a little bitch sadly, I need to play more :(

maidenpriest
12-04-2011, 11:36 AM
And that is very sad.

Agreed. The best games are the ones with a great single player as well as a good multiplayer. Not a shit excuse of a campaign which you do for achievement points and do the same things on multiplayer for hours upon hours.

Dextrimental
12-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Sonic 1, trying to beat it in one life, proving incredibly difficult!

jd091
12-27-2011, 09:36 AM
Just got Battlefield 3 on PC. My name is "Weekend-Nachos", friend me!

ShatteredFlame
12-27-2011, 10:01 AM
Starfox and Mario Kart for the 3Ds rule.

It's really bad ass steering with the system instead of the joystick and it actually makes the 3D seem worthwhile. Though it does hurt my eyes after awhile :lol:.

mastodon421
12-27-2011, 10:18 AM
Saints Row: The Third

It's so fucking good. Honestly it's better than every GTA with the exception of San Andreas.

MetalIsArt
12-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (demo). I like it. Will buy it very soon.

Before this I mostly played Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (need voucher to buy all extensions lol) & The Orange Box.

I was very excited about Heavy Rain about 1,5 year ago...I had the "everbody dies" ending, but come to think of it... I'll never play it again.

Plotholes perhaps?

PS3 endorser btw!

maidenpriest
12-29-2011, 03:39 AM
Star Wars: The Old Republic

adamclark52
12-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Star Wars: The Old Republic

I'm so jealous. I don't have a gaming quality PC or the time to invest in a MMORPG or else I'd be there with you.

How is it?

jd091
12-29-2011, 09:46 AM
the time to invest in a MMORPG

The single reason I'm not playing it right now. I really, really, REALLY want to, since I used to be addicted to WOW, but when I have free time I need to get through games I already have.

adamclark52
12-29-2011, 10:13 AM
The single reason I'm not playing it right now. I really, really, REALLY want to, since I used to be addicted to WOW, but when I have free time I need to get through games I already have.

I've never played a MMORPG but the reason for me is that I have an 18 month old son and another due in summer. I can't be sitting on the computer for hours and hours when I should be doing the dad thing.

I did get Skyrim for X-mas, I'm only three or four hours in but so far so good. I'm more into the single-player thing which is probably another reason why I don't bother with MMORPG's. I got turned off of online play along time ago when I tried Quake 3; spawned, got killed after five steps, spawned, got killed after five steps, spawned, got killed after five steps, etc.

Money too. I can only imagine what it'll cost to get the full experience out of the Old Republic. I love Star Wars and George Lucas but the guy and his people are masters of draining their fans wallets.

John The Drummer
12-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Waiting for my insurance claim, then I can get another Xbox 360 and play through Call of Duty MW3 and some other games I haven't started/gotten too far in... then It'll be time to restart Skyrim/FFXIII/my other games.

Losing saved data really blows :(

adamclark52
12-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Waiting for my insurance claim, then I can get another Xbox 360 and play through Call of Duty MW3 and some other games I haven't started/gotten too far in... then It'll be time to restart Skyrim/FFXIII/my other games.

I've almost had my first generation PS3 fry on me twice this year. Don't know what causes it but I do know that holding the power button until I get to the "safe mode" screen then just telling it to restart the system does the trick.

jd091
12-29-2011, 11:27 AM

Cloud saves on the PC, man. You cannot ever lose them.

Epidemic Reign
12-29-2011, 12:24 PM
Cloud saves on the PC, man. You cannot ever lose them.

I heard Xbox Live is going to be implementing this as well very soon.

John The Drummer
12-29-2011, 01:19 PM
I've almost had my first generation PS3 fry on me twice this year. Don't know what causes it but I do know that holding the power button until I get to the "safe mode" screen then just telling it to restart the system does the trick.

I had my 360 STOLEN though, can't hold the power button :)

Epidemic: Yup! It's a new feature they just started with the most recenty update, I will definitely take full advantage of it once I replace my 360.

jd091
12-29-2011, 01:49 PM
I heard Xbox Live is going to be implementing this as well very soon.

That's awesome, actually. Cloud storage is really the future of games, same with digital storage. I wouldn't be surprised if the next gen of consoles was all download-only.

Dextrimental
12-30-2011, 01:34 AM
That's awesome, actually. Cloud storage is really the future of games, same with digital storage. I wouldn't be surprised if the next gen of consoles was all download-only.

It won't happen so quickly because of games like Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto that still shift mass units upon each release. It will happen in the next decade or two, but it won't be a sudden change. It will however, be used as a back up function, much like Cloud Storage, and also as a way of keeping fans up with the series, like the way Assassins Creed 1 digital download comes with Revelations on the ps3, its a good way to show where the story has been.

maidenpriest
12-30-2011, 03:17 AM
I personally think that The Old Republic is AMAZING. I'm a Bioware fanatic so thats one reason. But there is just a lot of content. Been playing for like 15 hours and only got to level 14. I think Bioware said there is like 200 hours of gameplay for each character so yeah you need lots of time if you plan on making good progress into the game. Its still technically in launch so there are bugs and what not but those will get ironed out. I think the class quests are great, and they definitely keep you intrigued into your character and the actual universe. I do understand the whole money/crappy PC thing. Thankfully i got a free first month. I'm waiting for my new computer to come in so i've been playing at a friend's house lol

ravenheart
12-30-2011, 04:29 AM
All online gaming sucks. There's no good reason for it except money making. Fuck New Republic.

Epidemic Reign
12-30-2011, 09:26 AM
All online gaming sucks. There's no good reason for it except money making. Fuck New Republic.

It's funny to see you of all people posting this, cause you're usually right about things ;)

jd091
12-30-2011, 09:37 AM

I feel sorry for you. Really.

ravenheart
12-30-2011, 01:04 PM
You really want to pay a subscription to play the thing you've already paid for? That just makes you stupid. Well done Bioware and LucasArts for getting away with such an obvious con.

I don't feel especially different with regards to things like Xbox Live Gold Membership. An extra payment just to play stripped-down, storyless verison of a game against a bunch of retards? Pass!

Comically, I know a few people here who do it, and the conversation basically goes: "Yeah, I play online" "Against a bunch of whiny American teenagers insulting each other?" "Yep, I just turn the audio off".

slapguitarer
12-30-2011, 01:10 PM
GTA IV

ravenheart
12-30-2011, 01:10 PM
It's funny to see you of all people posting this, cause you're usually right about things ;)

Yeah, sorry, I meant "Fuck Old Republic" :hmm:

There's actually only one thing in gaming I hate more than online play. Achievements that can only be obtained via online play. Fuck off.

jd091
12-30-2011, 02:06 PM
You really want to pay a subscription to play the thing you've already paid for? That just makes you stupid. Well done Bioware and LucasArts for getting away with such an obvious con.

I don't feel especially different with regards to things like Xbox Live Gold Membership. An extra payment just to play stripped-down, storyless verison of a game against a bunch of retards? Pass!

Comically, I know a few people here who do it, and the conversation basically goes: "Yeah, I play online" "Against a bunch of whiny American teenagers insulting each other?" "Yep, I just turn the audio off".

Wait, are you against online games as a whole, or online games that you need to pay a subscription for? Different things.

For Xbox live, I'd agree with you. It's stupid. But if you think that the price that someone pays for playing an MMO is unwarranted, then you've obviously never played an MMO.

maidenpriest
12-30-2011, 07:57 PM
For Xbox live, I'd agree with you. It's stupid. But if you think that the price that someone pays for playing an MMO is unwarranted, then you've obviously never played an MMO.

Agreed. But I do agree with Ravenheart about the online achievements...those make me so mad.

adamclark52
12-31-2011, 11:25 AM
Next question about the Old Republic; has anyone gotten far enough in the storyline mode to find out the fates of any of the characters from KotOR and KotOR II (main characters like Revan and Carth and even lesser known characters like Sunry from Manaan, just anyone at all tied to those games)? I seriously can't see me ever playing it so MSG me if you don't want to post any spoilers for anyone else.

kommie
01-02-2012, 11:25 AM

Actually, whenever I play any game online, it's usually some 14 year old British kid who's talking.

Boatvan
01-04-2012, 04:09 AM
since I have a crappy pc, I am about 5 years behind the curve. Been playing Borderlands. Sweet game. Nothing like it

ravenheart
01-04-2012, 07:21 AM
Actually, whenever I play any game online, it's usually some 14 year old British kid who's talking.

Haha, really? Everyone I know here always says it's Americans. The prevailing irritating is the fact that it's whiny teenagers in general though.

I get the feeling the maturity level on any given online gaming session is lower than the comments sections of a Metallica post on Blabbermouth.

And on topic: Arkham City. Got it just before Christmas but had to wait until I got back to my place before I could play it. Put in a token couple of hours last Thursday, then I was off again for the NYE weekend. Back after the football on Monday and literally played all evening through the night. Went to work, played another few hours yesterday evening, then concluded I'm too old to stay up two nights running and went to bed :lol:

I have just bought the DLC pack with Robin, Nightwing and the challenge maps and skins etc. And for some reason I had an extra free Batman Inc. skin available too. It mentioned something about continuing loyalty or something. Is that only available to people who have played both AA and AC?

JRA
01-04-2012, 07:26 AM
Banjo-Tooie and Rogue Squadron

jd091
01-04-2012, 10:09 AM
since I have a crappy pc, I am about 5 years behind the curve. Been playing Borderlands. Sweet game. Nothing like it

*high five*

maidenpriest
01-04-2012, 11:42 PM
Next question about the Old Republic; has anyone gotten far enough in the storyline mode to find out the fates of any of the characters from KotOR and KotOR II (main characters like Revan and Carth and even lesser known characters like Sunry from Manaan, just anyone at all tied to those games)? I seriously can't see me ever playing it so MSG me if you don't want to post any spoilers for anyone else.

Uhm I can't tell you for sure at my current level. But I have seen an appearance of Bastila via Holocron. and I know that further quest lines deal with Revan so I'm assuming you find out what happens to most of the people

SomewhereInTime72
01-06-2012, 04:48 PM
GTA Chinatown Wars

ravenheart
01-06-2012, 04:50 PM
So, the Arkham City storyline is about as short as the Arkham Asylum one, huh?

And seriously, the playable area is really not very much bigger than AA either.

Dextrimental
01-06-2012, 04:57 PM
So, the Arkham City storyline is about as short as the Arkham Asylum one, huh?

And seriously, the playable area is really not very much bigger than AA either.

Storyline is about the same, but the amount of side missions is much bigger, and the playable area is bigger if you include every level.

ravenheart
01-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Oh yeah, there's definitely more to do, but the story is too short, again, and the playable area really isn't all that big. It's just more free-roaming.

JRA
01-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Finished Banjo-Tooie. It holds up as well as I expected it to, which is not an easy task considering it's been 11 years since I last touched it. Some graphics purists will hate the fact that the engine gets slow sometimes, but honestly, the fact that the game is slowing down because it's trying to deliver you so much content is a good thing.

brutal_descent
01-14-2012, 06:58 AM
Just finished Batman: Arkham Asylum. Hoping to find a copy of Arkham City in Moscow soon :hmm:

EDIT: Also, just briefly looked at the premise for AC, seems stupid compared to AA.

BloodoftheKings
01-14-2012, 07:58 AM
EDIT: Also, just briefly looked at the premise for AC, seems stupid compared to AA.

The idea of making a city for criminals is pretty ridiculous but overall it has a pretty good story.

mankvill
01-14-2012, 08:19 AM
Just finished Batman: Arkham Asylum. Hoping to find a copy of Arkham City in Moscow soon :hmm:

Dude, I loved Arkham Asylum but Arkham City beats the shit out of it. It's obsessively fun.

GarageMetal468
01-14-2012, 08:44 AM
So the other day my friend and I decided to do 2 player on Super Mario World. We made it to the Forest of Illusion, beat the fortress and got the secret exit to the star road, thus warping to Bowser's Castle and beating him on the first try. All in a couple hours :D

I wanna try doing a speed run of this game. It's hands down my favorite game of all time.

brutal_descent
01-14-2012, 09:26 AM
While we're on the topic, did anyone else think that the final boss fight with Joker was fucking pathetic? Fighting Poison Ivy was more difficult than that :tp:

JRA
01-14-2012, 09:32 AM
So the other day my friend and I decided to do 2 player on Super Mario World. We made it to the Forest of Illusion, beat the fortress and got the secret exit to the star road, thus warping to Bowser's Castle and beating him on the first try. All in a couple hours :D

I wanna try doing a speed run of this game. It's hands down my favorite game of all time.

If you're gonna go the speed route, go for the Star Road at the end of Donut Secret House.

GarageMetal468
01-14-2012, 10:14 AM
If you're gonna go the speed route, go for the Star Road at the end of Donut Secret House.

That's the plan. The Donut Secret House actually has one of the easiest secret exits so that'll be a big help.

DementedX14
01-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Just started playing Infamous 2. I like it so far but I am not a fan of some the changes they made.

BloodoftheKings
01-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Just started playing Infamous 2. I like it so far but I am not a fan of some the changes they made.

It's a little weird at first but once you get used to the changes you realize how much better it is. I don't like the way they changed Cole but everything else was for the better.

DementedX14
01-14-2012, 02:06 PM
It's a little weird at first but once you get used to the changes you realize how much better it is. I don't like the way they changed Cole but everything else was for the better.

Yeah I don't mind the change of Cole's voice, but the upgrade system really bugs me.

JRA
01-14-2012, 06:58 PM
That's the plan. The Donut Secret House actually has one of the easiest secret exits so that'll be a big help.

I remember discovering the way to Bowser's Castle via the Star Road by accident. Then I beat Bowser and the credits started to roll. I reset and went the long way cos I felt like it was an empty victory.

Epidemic Reign
01-17-2012, 12:33 AM
So I put my Xbox and a couple games on craigslist. I got a phone call 10 minutes later and within an hour I had $200 in my pocket :D

Not really happy about selling my Xbox, I needed the money. Can't complain about how long it took to get rid of though.

maidenpriest
01-18-2012, 10:09 PM
FIFA Soccer 12 :D

brutal_descent
01-22-2012, 01:49 AM
Have been catching up on lost time on Fallout 3 these past few days. Definitely one of my favorite games of all time, surprised I haven't picked it up in over a year. Better than Skyrim, in my opinion :rocker:

Probably going to buy Arkham City sometime this month, looking forward to playing that as well.

Epidemic Reign
01-22-2012, 02:07 AM
Have been catching up on lost time on Fallout 3 these past few days. Definitely one of my favorite games of all time, surprised I haven't picked it up in over a year. Better than Skyrim, in my opinion :rocker:

Tetris is better than Skyrim.

brutal_descent
01-22-2012, 08:17 AM
Tetris is better than Skyrim.

That's true as well :D

Nater
01-22-2012, 09:45 AM
I've been playing Splatterhouse recent. I know a lot of people didn't like it but I think it is fucking awesome. The blood and gore is done well and when I started the boss fight with Goatwhore playing in the background I got all giddy:rocker:

ravenheart
01-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Batman Arkham City.

Finished the main story ages ago and have been doing all the Riddler challenges and side missions etc. Don't care about the tedious challenge maps or that utterly pointless New Game Plus mode.

Have done all side missions, and all Riddler trophies/challenges EXCEPT the goddamn "glide 30m while maintaining a height of less than 5m above the water" one. Can't do more than 22.9m.

EDIT: Just did it. Now what?

ravenheart
01-29-2012, 03:52 PM
Decided to go back and re-do Arkham Asylum :)

dcmetal108
01-29-2012, 04:18 PM
Just bought Alpha Protocol so I'm trying that.

brutal_descent
01-29-2012, 10:20 PM
Done with Fallout 3 (bummer you can't continue unless you've got the GOTY edition), now playing Mafia II and BioShock.

BloodoftheKings
01-30-2012, 05:16 AM
Started playing Duke Nukem Forever last night. It's not great but it's pretty good for the 7 bucks I payed for it.

kommie
01-30-2012, 01:55 PM
Done with Fallout 3 (bummer you can't continue unless you've got the GOTY edition), now playing Mafia II and BioShock.

You don't NEED GotY, just the Broken Steel DLC. If you know someone who has the GotY version, you can just borrow it and install the content.

ravenheart
02-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Decided to go back and re-do Arkham Asylum :)

And done, with a far higher Riddler secrets count than I bothered to mop up the first time. Just need to go round and find the missing ones, then knock out the challenge maps (which are far more fun than the Arkham City ones purely because there are too many City ones and they just get boring).

Pretty sure I won't get all of the combat map medals without getting bored, so I can realistically aim for another 8 of the remaining 13 achievements. Maybe 9. Don't expect to get the Freeflow Perfection one, or the Freeflow Gold, and I can't be bothered to play through the whole thing yet again to get the third storyline completion one.

And I have no idea what the Man-A-Mano one is. Presumably it's beating a titan enemy without using the baterang?

brutal_descent
02-06-2012, 09:53 AM
You don't NEED GotY, just the Broken Steel DLC. If you know someone who has the GotY version, you can just borrow it and install the content.

I did borrow it, and when I tried to access my save game from the original F3 disc, it said I had to start over :(

kommie
02-06-2012, 11:12 AM
I did borrow it, and when I tried to access my save game from the original F3 disc, it said I had to start over :(

might be you needed an update, or were missing some other DLC that you played already, or something.

dcmetal108
02-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Really gotten into playing Battlefield 3 online again.

dcmetal108
02-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Playing Gotham City Imposters and The Darkness 2. Both awsome.

adamclark52
02-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Still working my way through Skyrim. About 45 hours in, finished the Companions, College of Winterhold and Dark Brotherhood storylines. The Dark Brotherhood storyline was pretty awesome, the College of Winterhold one was going somewhere but I thought it ended rather abruptly. I've also done a few stand-alone side quests and maybe two or three missions from the main quest.

Dextrimental
02-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Catherine for me. Addictive to say the least, it's like a modern Kurushi done right, great game!

jd091
02-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Still working my way through Skyrim. About 45 hours in, finished the Companions, College of Winterhold and Dark Brotherhood storylines. The Dark Brotherhood storyline was pretty awesome, the College of Winterhold one was going somewhere but I thought it ended rather abruptly. I've also done a few stand-alone side quests and maybe two or three missions from the main quest.

Yeah, I've only got 100 or so hours in Skyrim, yet I feel like I haven't accomplished much. Kind of hard with schoolwork/friends, but I'm looking forward to "finishing it", or at least the guilds.

BloodoftheKings
02-17-2012, 08:54 PM
Didn't expect much but the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer is pretty sweet. Me and my friends were playing the demo for a couple hours just before.

dcmetal108
02-18-2012, 08:40 AM
Been playing

Gotham City Imposters
Kingdoms Of Reckoning Amalur
Dead Island

SomewhereInTime72
02-19-2012, 04:30 AM
Still having fun with TF2 despite me being awful at fps games. :)

MetalIsArt
02-20-2012, 08:34 AM
Portal...

:D

dcmetal108
02-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Kingdom Of Reckoning Amalur

adamclark52
02-26-2012, 11:38 PM
I managed to get the "Nightingale" armor set last night in Skyrim. Even though it's perks aren't as fitting for the character I play as the Ancient Shrouded armor, it's just so badass looking I think I'll stick with it.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=skyrim+nightingale+armor&hl=en&sa=X&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=Um3sSRORSA7kuM:&imgrefurl=http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Nightingale_Armor&docid=mg11QAmzBA_j8M&imgurl=http://images.wikia.com/elderscrolls/images/9/91/TESV_Nightingale_Armor_Male.png&w=331&h=604&ei=ujJLT8OKIcje0QH52YiIDg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=196&sig=101886993271902414533&page=1&tbnh=165&tbnw=90&start=0&ndsp=27&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=71&ty=55&biw=1562&bih=892

I see Snake Eyes mixed with a Sith Lord.

jd091
02-26-2012, 11:53 PM
I managed to get the "Nightingale" armor set last night in Skyrim. Even though it's perks aren't as fitting for the character I play as the Ancient Shrouded armor, it's just so badass looking I think I'll stick with it.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=skyrim+nightingale+armor&hl=en&sa=X&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=Um3sSRORSA7kuM:&imgrefurl=http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Nightingale_Armor&docid=mg11QAmzBA_j8M&imgurl=http://images.wikia.com/elderscrolls/images/9/91/TESV_Nightingale_Armor_Male.png&w=331&h=604&ei=ujJLT8OKIcje0QH52YiIDg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=196&sig=101886993271902414533&page=1&tbnh=165&tbnw=90&start=0&ndsp=27&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=71&ty=55&biw=1562&bih=892

I see Stormshadow mixed with a Sith Lord.

Shit, that's awesome. I need to get back into that game.

Epidemic Reign
03-02-2012, 07:23 AM
From Gamestop.com:

my bought my xbox 360 during black friday. And my console does not have built in wifi. My cousin 360 has built in wifi how can my don't .

In completely unrelated news, studies show that excessive video gaming may have an adverse effect on brain activity.

Seventhzealot
03-02-2012, 09:15 PM
From Gamestop.com:

In completely unrelated news, studies show that excessive video gaming may have an adverse effect on brain activity.

:lol:

Epidemic Reign
03-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Street Fighter X Tekken came out today.

REALLLLYYYY missing my Xbox right now :(

:bawling:

dcmetal108
03-06-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm still hooked on Kingdoms Of Amaular Reckoning.

ShatteredFlame
03-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Been playing Rage a lot recently. First FPS I've played in a long time that's actually fun to play and is challenging.

jd091
03-06-2012, 01:49 PM
I'm still hooked on Kingdoms Of Amaular Reckoning.
Really want to get that game when I have time. Maybe over the summer. Looks so sick.

dcmetal108
03-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Really want to get that game when I have time. Maybe over the summer. Looks so sick.

I'm like 30 hours in, not even full level, just hit the halfway point for the story, and still have hundreds of sidequests along with two more faction story quests to start and complete. Plus next month has DLC coming out that adds another full country to the game.

It's awesome.

jd091
03-06-2012, 02:07 PM
I'm like 30 hours in, not even full level, just hit the halfway point for the story, and still have hundreds of sidequests along with two more faction story quests to start and complete. Plus next month has DLC coming out that adds another full country to the game.

It's awesome.

Yeah, I was sitting down and playing Skyrim the other day with my friend and it ended up in us just complaining about how we're so done with the shitty simplistic combat in TES games, not to mention how boring the guilds were this time around. KoA seems like a breath of fresh air.

Epidemic Reign
03-10-2012, 07:26 PM
http://cdn.duelinganalogs.com/comics/2011-10-13.png

DementedX14
03-10-2012, 07:50 PM
^LOL^

Anyways, I just beat FFVII for the first time and my expectations were exceeded and I am glad I decided to play it. Now unto Mass Effect 3 to see the shitty ending.

adamclark52
03-12-2012, 12:22 AM
I've hit 60+ hours of gameplay and 12MB in Skyrim, which means my game has been rendered unplayable. For those who don't know, there's a bug in the game that when autosaving the games file gets larger and larger and larger as you go, and a lot of people have reported it getting really bad at around that point. It get really laggy at that point (even when there's not too much on the screen) and freezes a lot. I'm gonna try find a patch but I've heard that there's been no fix yet. And even if there is a patch I can't hook my PS3 up to PSOnline (due to my PS3 slowly dying over the last year). So now I'm pretty much fucked. At 65 hours in I'm not about to restart my game or anything and I really want to see how this game ends.

:wallbang:

That's how I feel too little guy.

jd091
03-12-2012, 12:24 AM
Silly console gamers. ;)

adamclark52
03-12-2012, 12:37 AM
It's too bad because I can't see this getting fixed. Bugs ruined the last Bethesda game I played too, Fallout New Vegas. I may just have to put this one to rest and move on.

Epidemic Reign
03-12-2012, 12:47 AM
Silly RPG gamers. ;)

I agree ;)

Epidemic Reign
03-12-2012, 12:49 AM
I've hit 60+ hours of gameplay and 12MB in Skyrim, which means my game has been rendered unplayable. For those who don't know, there's a bug in the game that when autosaving the games file gets larger and larger and larger as you go, and a lot of people have reported it getting really bad at around that point. It get really laggy at that point (even when there's not too much on the screen) and freezes a lot. I'm gonna try find a patch but I've heard that there's been no fix yet. And even if there is a patch I can't hook my PS3 up to PSOnline (due to my PS3 slowly dying over the last year). So now I'm pretty much fucked. At 65 hours in I'm not about to restart my game or anything and I really want to see how this game ends.

:wallbang:

That's how I feel too little guy.

...maybe buy an Xbox?

EDIT: I initially posted that as a joke, but then I googled the issue you're having and it seems to be, in fact, only a problem for PS3 users.

So yeah. Definitely get an Xbox ;)

adamclark52
03-12-2012, 01:01 AM
...maybe buy an Xbox?

EDIT: I initially posted that as a joke, but then I googled the issue you're having and it seems to be, in fact, only a problem for PS3 users.

So yeah. Definitely get an Xbox ;)

That would work but wouldn't solve my problem of having to start over again.

So is Mass Effect 3 THAT bad?

brutal_descent
03-12-2012, 01:23 AM
On the final Arkham City boss fight with Clayface; this game is definitely better than the original Arkham Asylum. Still, I would've liked more from Croc than just a cameo appearance... maybe a side mission storyline? I could definitely see something along the lines of this: Joker captures political prisoners, and imprisons them inside the sewers; however, they've also been injured heavily, wounds from which blood will attract Croc. The missions involve Batman having to reach them before Croc, and get them out of the sewers.

I have other great ideas too ;)

Epidemic Reign
03-12-2012, 01:23 AM
That would work but wouldn't solve my problem of having to start over again.

...go back in time and buy an Xbox?

:lol:

dcmetal108
03-12-2012, 04:33 PM
On the final Arkham City boss fight with Clayface; this game is definitely better than the original Arkham Asylum. Still, I would've liked more from Croc than just a cameo appearance... maybe a side mission storyline? I could definitely see something along the lines of this: Joker captures political prisoners, and imprisons them inside the sewers; however, they've also been injured heavily, wounds from which blood will attract Croc. The missions involve Batman having to reach them before Croc, and get them out of the sewers.

I have other great ideas too ;)

No you don't, don't lie.

So I finished KOA Reckoning at around 24 with all main questions and faction quests complete and guy fully leveled up. So since I've just been renting it I took it back to Blockbuster and traded it in for Syndicate.

Epidemic Reign
03-12-2012, 04:48 PM
So the plan is on Friday I will go get a new Xbox and Street Fighter X Tekken :D

Am I the only one here who likes fighters?

dcmetal108
03-12-2012, 05:07 PM
So the plan is on Friday I will go get a new Xbox and Street Fighter X Tekken :D

Am I the only one here who likes fighters?

I don't care for them. Most recent one I enjoyed was MvC3 or whatever it was callled.

Epidemic Reign
03-12-2012, 05:13 PM
I don't care for them. Most recent one I enjoyed was MvC3 or whatever it was callled.

I played that, couldn't really get too much into it. The fighting mechanics are weird in the MvC games and there's too much character imbalance. It was pretty cool artistically though.

brutal_descent
03-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Started the Darkness today. Wow, pretty awesome game so far.

dcmetal108
03-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Started the Darkness today. Wow, pretty awesome game so far.

Didn't really care for the first one but the second one is pretty awesome.

ravenheart
03-15-2012, 08:42 AM
Fingers crossed should be playing something new and cool tomorrow evening.

ShatteredFlame
03-16-2012, 10:35 AM
My spring break consisted of beating one Resident Evil game after another. (0, Remake, 2, 3, Code Veronica and 4). Needless to say, I'm pumped for Operation Raccoon City.

Epidemic Reign
03-16-2012, 11:39 AM
My spring break consisted of beating one Resident Evil game after another. (0, Remake, 2, 3, Code Veronica and 4). Needless to say, I'm pumped for Operation Raccoon City.

So am I! :party:

But until then...

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/SFXT-Box-Art-Reveal.jpg

ravenheart
03-16-2012, 12:05 PM

Now Playing: Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City

:party:

adamclark52
03-16-2012, 12:37 PM
I expressed my dissatisfaction with how my Skyrim run ended last weekend so I'm going to go get either Mass Effect 3 or Final Fantasy XIII-2 this weekend. I'm just going to get whichever is cheaper. I fully expect to hate FF XIII-2 but I have to play it, I've played every other one.

Before I do, do either have any crippling bugs on the PS3?

ravenheart
03-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Well, Operation Raccoon City doesn't entirely suck, but it's not Resident Evil. Just another shoot-everything-that-moves game with a Resident Evil theme, a lot of irritations and not much really going on.

maidenpriest
03-16-2012, 02:57 PM
I expressed my dissatisfaction with how my Skyrim run ended last weekend so I'm going to go get either Mass Effect 3 or Final Fantasy XIII-2 this weekend. I'm just going to get whichever is cheaper. I fully expect to hate FF XIII-2 but I have to play it, I've played every other one.

Before I do, do either have any crippling bugs on the PS3?

You should go get The Old Republic!

BloodoftheKings
03-16-2012, 02:58 PM
I beat Mass Effect 3 yesterday. Could they have come up with a worse ending? Aside from "it was all a dream" I don't think so.

jd091
03-16-2012, 03:13 PM
I beat Mass Effect 3 yesterday. Could they have come up with a worse ending? Aside from "it was all a dream" I don't think so.

I haven't played it yet, but I've heard backlash everywhere over it, so I spoiled it for myself. Overall I'm pretty disappointed. It's like the whole game gave you an illusion of choice that meant nothing.

ravenheart
03-16-2012, 03:24 PM
:lol: Rumours are that RE:ORC is about to get battered in games reviews. Everything is embargoed until the 20th, but sounds like most places are going to bash it to death from then on.

Inclined to agree. Not many redeeming features so far.

BloodoftheKings
03-16-2012, 03:29 PM
I haven't played it yet, but I've heard backlash everywhere over it, so I spoiled it for myself. Overall I'm pretty disappointed. It's like the whole game gave you an illusion of choice that meant nothing.

When I heard that the only difference between the 3 endings was the color of the explosion I thought it was a joke.

adamclark52
03-16-2012, 06:41 PM
You should go get The Old Republic!

I don't know if you're the person who I had this conversation with before but I wish I could get the Old Republic. But:
1. I just don't have the time
2. I can't afford it
3. I don't have a gaming quality PC
4-700. I don't have the time.
Believe me, I waited six years for the next chapter in KotOR and was pretty let down when it wasn't released on consoles.

ravenheart
03-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Well so far, I've got nothing good to say about Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City :(

dcmetal108
03-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Well so far, I've got nothing good to say about Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City :(

:mad::mad:

I was really looking forward to it!

ravenheart
03-17-2012, 02:32 PM
:mad::mad:

I was really looking forward to it!

So was I :(

So far it's been nothing but disappointing. Buggy, linear, and badly executed. It doesn't feel like RE at all. It's just a SOCOM game with an RE skin.

Only tried one of the online modes so far, which is just a boring 4 v 4 team mode. The more interesting modes don't have any players yet, as you'd expect at the moment.

Seventhzealot
03-17-2012, 03:15 PM
The only game I play is FIFA 12 :allan:

ravenheart
03-17-2012, 03:52 PM
The only game I play is FIFA 12 :allan:

:tp:

Seventhzealot
03-17-2012, 04:37 PM
:tp:

Come again there ;)

dcmetal108
03-18-2012, 10:54 AM
So was I :(

So far it's been nothing but disappointing. Buggy, linear, and badly executed. It doesn't feel like RE at all. It's just a SOCOM game with an RE skin.

Only tried one of the online modes so far, which is just a boring 4 v 4 team mode. The more interesting modes don't have any players yet, as you'd expect at the moment.

That really sucks, it looked like it had so much potential. I'll just rent it for a night then.

ravenheart
03-18-2012, 01:52 PM
You were perhaps more hopeful than I was then. I didn't really think squad-based missions had much potential for RE at all. I did at least think it would be a bit like playing Left 4 Dead with an RE storyline. It kind of is, but I'm mostly getting irritated with doors miraculously locking and unlocking whenever they need to advance the storyline in a certain direction. It just makes it all a bit boring.

There's really no reason why they couldn't make it more free-roaming. You're in a city, after all.

I'd recommend renting it for a night to try it out before spending RRP on it. Not that I'd recommend spending RRP on any game under any circumstances anyway. Only fools do that ;)

ShatteredFlame
03-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Honestly the gameplay always looked like a mess to me, the only thing that interested me was the ability to play as all those different characters with different abilities, and the ability to alter the storyline? (I heard you could kill off some main characters?). I'm obsessed with RE so I'll pick it up eventually, but I think I'll get Silent Hill HD Collection this tuesday instead.

adamclark52
03-18-2012, 11:12 PM
I'm only about eight hours into Final Fantasy XIII-2, but I've been pleasantly surprised. With XIII I went into the game expecting to hate it and that may have clouded my experience playing, whereas with this one my expectations were already so low that the fact that I'm not hating it has been a pleasant surprise. It's too early to form a final opinion, that usually takes shape within a few years of playing a Final Fantasy for me, usually after the next game in the series is released and is even worse that the previous making me realize that the earlier game wasn't that bad, but here's what I think so far.

Pros
+ No annoying party members or NPC's (ten points for no Vannille and Snow)
+ the new guy, Noel, is actually pretty cool. At this point he's reminding me of a younger version of Auron (from FFX)
+ Serah is actually not as annoying a charater as I'd thought either
+ I actually like the Crystalarium leveling system
+ I like that if you die in a battle you go back to the map screen, rather than back to wherever you last saved (losing all your EXP and found items)
+ Chocobocoina
+ It's nice to revisit areas that I remember from the previous game

Cons
- I like the combat but at this point it's really easy, I expect it to get a bit more involving later on
- the story is a bit of a mess, I have issues with time travel
- the game (like all FF's since X) takes itself a bit to serious. They need to lighten up once and a while
- the music sucks. More techno and rock based than I've ever heard in a FF. Usually I like a few tracks like that per game, it's been a bit much this time around, so far
- the older I get the less I can identify with the characters

We'll see in a month or two when I've beaten it how I feel. At this point I like it.

ravenheart
03-19-2012, 07:20 AM
Honestly the gameplay always looked like a mess to me, the only thing that interested me was the ability to play as all those different characters with different abilities, and the ability to alter the storyline? (I heard you could kill off some main characters?). I'm obsessed with RE so I'll pick it up eventually, but I think I'll get Silent Hill HD Collection this tuesday instead.

There is talk of that, yes. I've not reached a point where that's happened yet.

Capcom are basically trying two things. a) to get a piece of Left 4 Dead's action, and b) to hook in franchise geeks with links to previous storylines.

There are quite a few hints at RE2/3 bits of storyline. I've encountered Hunk, William Birkin, and Nicholai so far, with some neat hand-offs to bits of RE2 storyline. It's easily the best part of the whole experience.

Epidemic Reign
03-19-2012, 08:51 AM
I'm mostly getting irritated with doors miraculously locking and unlocking whenever they need to advance the storyline in a certain direction.

Speaking of doors, did they by any chance bring back the classic "wait ten seconds for the door to open" gag? :D

Epidemic Reign
03-19-2012, 08:53 AM
There are quite a few hints at RE2/3 bits of storyline. I've encountered Hunk, William Birkin, and Nicholai so far, with some neat hand-offs to bits of RE2 storyline. It's easily the best part of the whole experience.

Needless to say, considering RE2/3 is the best of the whole franchise ;)

SomewhereInTime72
03-21-2012, 08:37 PM
ORC honestly looked nothing but terrible to me from the trailers. :hecho:

dcmetal108
03-22-2012, 01:12 PM
ORC honestly looked nothing but terrible to me from the trailers. :hecho:

Rented it and it really is almost beyond bad. I haven't had a second of fun with it. It's almost like playing a low grade game by a unknown company because of the low production quality.

ravenheart
03-23-2012, 09:14 AM
For the people who were interested in RE:ORC: http://gaming.thedigitalfix.com/content/id/774/resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city.html

dcmetal108
03-23-2012, 10:47 PM
For the people who were interested in RE:ORC: http://gaming.thedigitalfix.com/content/id/774/resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city.html

I rented it. It was beyond horrible. When I review it for my site it's getting a 2.5/10.

Took it back though and rented Ninja Gaiden 3 and that's decent just repetitive.

jhdeity
03-24-2012, 06:09 AM
I bought the MLB 2K12 with the bonus NBA 2K12 game for $69. I figured the NBA game had to be worth $10 and I was right. Not sure you can spend a better $69 these days.

MLB 2K12 is definitely harder than 2K11 but I still like it. My Player mode took me about 20 more days to get promoted to the majors. Graphics are better and the presentation is stellar as always. Being an Oriole fan I need something to keep me interested in baseball into May so this game will get plenty of PT in the upcoming months.

Gonna start an online league in a few weeks if anyone is interested.

maidenpriest
03-24-2012, 09:32 PM
I bought the MLB 2K12 with the bonus NBA 2K12 game for $69. I figured the NBA game had to be worth $10 and I was right. Not sure you can spend a better $69 these days.

MLB 2K12 is definitely harder than 2K11 but I still like it. My Player mode took me about 20 more days to get promoted to the majors. Graphics are better and the presentation is stellar as always. Being an Oriole fan I need something to keep me interested in baseball into May so this game will get plenty of PT in the upcoming months.

Gonna start an online league in a few weeks if anyone is interested.

I refuse to buy a MLB 2K game. They are so awful, the mechanics are sketchy, the game screws up a lot. EA made a better baseball game in 2005 before they lost the contract...really hoping they can get it back since this is 2Ks last year.

ravenheart
04-10-2012, 05:01 AM

Anyone who did buy this, the first Spec. Ops. mission DLC is available for free from today.

They are of course going to charge for all the other Spec. Ops. missions in the future (sounds like another six).

Effectively they've sold everyone half the game, and they're going to charge again for the other half.

John The Drummer
04-10-2012, 07:48 AM
Hopping between Mortal Kombat and Banjo Kazooie.
Almost done beating the ladder mode with every character in MK, and I'm only up to Klankers Cavern (?) on BK, only need 2 or 3 more Jiggy's and I'll be done with that.

dcmetal108
04-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Bought Rage last week for $5.00 from best buy and it is alot of fun just seems like it'll be over pretty quickly.

Epidemic Reign
04-11-2012, 07:29 AM
Bought Rise of the Argonauts used for $8. Anyone played it? I haven't started playing yet but it looks really cool.

John The Drummer
04-11-2012, 07:37 AM
I haven't, but I think I remember hearing it was pretty fun!

dcmetal108
04-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Bought Rise of the Argonauts used for $8. Anyone played it? I haven't started playing yet but it looks really cool.

I did and it was okay just lost interest in it fast.

mankvill
04-13-2012, 08:47 PM
Tribes: Ascend.

It's free to play now! Anyone who wants in, use my referral link! It's fucking fun as hell.

https://account.hirezstudios.com/tribesascend/?referral=1958073&utm_campaign=email

dcmetal108
04-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Currently playing the XBLA game Shoot Many Robots and currently downloading Alan Wake American Nightmares!

dcmetal108
04-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Playing Witcher 2.

maidenpriest
04-21-2012, 05:24 AM
Diablo 3 Open Beta Weekend? Hell yes!

SomewhereInTime72
04-22-2012, 12:25 AM
Diablo 3 Open Beta Weekend? Hell yes!

This.

The game's ok. I don't really like that it seems more 'streamlined' than D2, but I still want to play the full version for fun/nostalgia/been craving a game in this style for a while.

maidenpriest
04-23-2012, 03:48 AM
This.

The game's ok. I don't really like that it seems more 'streamlined' than D2, but I still want to play the full version for fun/nostalgia/been craving a game in this style for a while.

Blizzard has been streamlining things for awhile now so that didn't bother me as much. I really enjoyed the character customization that it offers, like 20 spells with 6 runes each to customize with, plus like 30 passive skills that you choose 3 from, I was really impressed by that. Also, the random events were really cool, I finished the beta on all 5 classes and each time I was like he is new, or that special fight wasn't there last time. Gives a lot more randomization then D2 when it was just different maps, entrances and elites. Just my :2cents: on it.

brutal_descent
04-23-2012, 04:02 AM
Came back to Skyrim this past weekend after a four month period of New Vegas. Gotta love Bethesda :lovedup:

jd091
04-23-2012, 09:42 AM
This.

I've heard this, from all my friends who were big into D2. Nobody told me they truly loved it yet.

SomewhereInTime72
04-24-2012, 10:42 PM
Blizzard has been streamlining things for awhile now so that didn't bother me as much. I really enjoyed the character customization that it offers, like 20 spells with 6 runes each to customize with, plus like 30 passive skills that you choose 3 from, I was really impressed by that. Also, the random events were really cool, I finished the beta on all 5 classes and each time I was like he is new, or that special fight wasn't there last time. Gives a lot more randomization then D2 when it was just different maps, entrances and elites. Just my :2cents: on it.

The random events are definitely awesome as hell.

The customization seems promising but for as far as the beta went, it was pretty stupid honestly. But again, seems promising for sure. :cool:

dcmetal108
04-25-2012, 09:15 AM
Rented Prototype 2. Its awesome to say the least.

John The Drummer
04-25-2012, 04:19 PM
I've been using my 360 for YouTube more so than video gaming now haha. Busted out Fallout 3 again though, trying to get into it since when I last started it I got bored quickly (not a fan of "post-apocalyptic" themes).

SomewhereInTime72
04-25-2012, 10:09 PM
Beat my high score in Galaga today. :party:

John The Drummer
05-02-2012, 04:59 PM
GTA: San Andreas is a lot harder than I remember :lol:

Dextrimental
05-02-2012, 07:56 PM
GTA: San Andreas is a lot harder than I remember :lol:

I love that game, but by GOD that one mission always destroys my faith in all things good in the world... You know the one..... 'All I asked you to do was follow the dam train CJ!!' I WAS FOLLOWING THE DAM TRAIN YOU WERE SHOOTING AT THE FUCKING CLOUDS!

On topic, Mass Effect, Catherine and Arkham City have been getting regular rotation in my 360 :D

adamclark52
05-03-2012, 10:56 AM
I love that game, but by GOD that one mission always destroys my faith in all things good in the world... You know the one..... 'All I asked you to do was follow the dam train CJ!!' I WAS FOLLOWING THE DAM TRAIN YOU WERE SHOOTING AT THE FUCKING CLOUDS!

On topic, Mass Effect, Catherine and Arkham City have been getting regular rotation in my 360 :D

There were some tough ones (the damn plane flying through the hoops one) but the only one I could never finish was where you were driving a remote controlled helicopter in a store owned by Dave from Mr. Show, or something.

John The Drummer
05-05-2012, 07:33 AM

There were some tough ones (the damn plane flying through the hoops one) but the only one I could never finish was where you were driving a remote controlled helicopter in a store owned by Dave from Mr. Show, or something.

Those missions are just terrible :lol:
I couldn't even beat the RC helicopter one with cheat codes back in the day. :eyes:

dcmetal108
05-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Updating my WP7 finally so have like 30 games to buy and play.

JRA
05-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

A bit easy, but damn is it fun.

Also, fuck all of the Zero missions in San Andreas. Those single handedly ruined the game for me.

adamclark52
05-13-2012, 10:47 PM
I'm only about eight hours into Final Fantasy XIII-2, but I've been pleasantly surprised. With XIII I went into the game expecting to hate it and that may have clouded my experience playing, whereas with this one my expectations were already so low that the fact that I'm not hating it has been a pleasant surprise. It's too early to form a final opinion, that usually takes shape within a few years of playing a Final Fantasy for me, usually after the next game in the series is released and is even worse that the previous making me realize that the earlier game wasn't that bad, but here's what I think so far.

Pros
+ No annoying party members or NPC's (ten points for no Vannille and Snow)
+ the new guy, Noel, is actually pretty cool. At this point he's reminding me of a younger version of Auron (from FFX)
+ Serah is actually not as annoying a charater as I'd thought either
+ I actually like the Crystalarium leveling system
+ I like that if you die in a battle you go back to the map screen, rather than back to wherever you last saved (losing all your EXP and found items)
+ Chocobocoina
+ It's nice to revisit areas that I remember from the previous game

Cons
- I like the combat but at this point it's really easy, I expect it to get a bit more involving later on
- the story is a bit of a mess, I have issues with time travel
- the game (like all FF's since X) takes itself a bit to serious. They need to lighten up once and a while
- the music sucks. More techno and rock based than I've ever heard in a FF. Usually I like a few tracks like that per game, it's been a bit much this time around, so far
- the older I get the less I can identify with the characters

We'll see in a month or two when I've beaten it how I feel. At this point I like it.

"Finished" FFXIII tonight. Pretty much everything I said in my first post about the game still stands. The combat never actually got more involving. Really, I was able to plow through the game with a combo of a Ravenger/Commando/Medic and just smashing the "X" button 95% of the time. There was the odd time I'd have to use a potion or phoenix down, but those were rare. The story never really improved, if anything it got to be a bigger mess by the end. The music I got used to and actually grew to enjoy, it fit well with the look of the game. There's still quite a bit for me to do since I never really used a walkthrough, so I missed a lot, but I can't say if I'll bother going back and doing any of it.

I did like the (sort-of) twist at the ending. However I didn't like that it alluded to a Final Fantasy XIII-3, I'd rather just get Final Fantasy XIV, XV or whatever the next single player, none MMORPG game in the series is going to be.

SomewhereInTime72
05-13-2012, 10:51 PM

Holy shit, I got angry just reading this post. Fuck that mission.

hb420
05-14-2012, 12:18 AM
Mortal Kombat on the vita. Currently kicking ass as Freddie. :boxer:

maidenpriest
05-14-2012, 04:15 AM
Diablo 3 in less then 24 hours!!!!!! :D Feel free to add me on battle.net, azninvasion9#1730

JRA
05-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Xenoblade Chronicles

dcmetal108
05-20-2012, 06:33 PM
MAX PAYNE 3! It's awesome.

kalfitegrdan
05-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Runescape because I'm a super nerd.

John The Drummer
05-21-2012, 04:57 PM
MAX PAYNE 3! It's awesome.

I've never been a huge Max Payne fan, but it looks like it kicks ass :rocker:

I've just been running through GTA: San Andreas still. I think I am almost done. Gotta take over some more hoods before I can advance any further.

dcmetal108
05-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Like I am just insanely addicted to the online for MP3. It's beyond awesome.

jd091
05-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Runescape because I'm a super nerd.

I signed back into that last week to see if anything changed... I hadn't logged in in over 800 days :lol:

Lately, been trying to go back and finish Torchlight since I'm in a Diablo mood but don't want to buy D3. Torchlight just keeps getting better the more I get into it; can't wait for co-op in the second here soon. The art style and world looks a lot better than the original. Pretty pumped.

dcmetal108
05-22-2012, 06:04 PM
I signed back into that last week to see if anything changed... I hadn't logged in in over 800 days :lol:

Lately, been trying to go back and finish Torchlight since I'm in a Diablo mood but don't want to buy D3. Torchlight just keeps getting better the more I get into it; can't wait for co-op in the second here soon. The art style and world looks a lot better than the original. Pretty pumped.

I loved Torchlight, actually got the full 200 GS on it for XBL.

jd091
05-22-2012, 06:42 PM
I loved Torchlight, actually got the full 200 GS on it for XBL.

>torchlight on xbox

come on bruh

brutal_descent
05-23-2012, 04:16 AM
Not sure what to play next... thinking about buying Oblivion, or Marvel Alliance II for PS3.

Also, this:

http://volt.pp.net.ua/73666_3.jpg

dcmetal108
05-23-2012, 11:46 AM
>torchlight on xbox

come on bruh

haha I don't have a PC that can do alot of gaming. If it could I'd be playing Diablo 3.

mastodon421
05-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Ghost Recon: Future Solider:drool:

adamclark52
05-25-2012, 10:20 AM
Not sure what to play next... thinking about buying Oblivion, or Marvel Alliance II for PS3.

Also, this:

http://volt.pp.net.ua/73666_3.jpg

Oblivion was great.

brutal_descent
05-25-2012, 11:29 AM
Oblivion was great.

Yep, but after playing Skyrim I realized that I probably would've enjoyed it more if it were on PS3.

jd091
05-27-2012, 02:04 AM
>playing Bethesda games on consoles

brutal_descent
05-27-2012, 02:15 AM
>playing Bethesda games on consoles

pcfag

MetalIsArt
05-27-2012, 06:59 AM
Batman Arkham Asylum...

;)

adamclark52
05-27-2012, 09:39 AM
Yep, but after playing Skyrim I realized that I probably would've enjoyed it more if it were on PS3.

You wouldn't have liked Skyrim on PS3, trust me.

brutal_descent
05-27-2012, 09:50 AM
You wouldn't have liked Skyrim on PS3, trust me.

...you misunderstood. Once I played Skyrim on PS3, I realized I would've enjoyed Oblivion much more on PS3 :lol:

But yeah, I can't even play it now because my system crashes every two minutes. At least I got close to 175 hours of gameplay before this shit happened. Hopefully once the coming patch comes out I'll be able to play again.

jd091
05-27-2012, 03:06 PM
My brother's been visiting me at college, and since we saw Civilization 5 was having a promotion on steam, we decided to get back into it. INSANELY fun, playing a multiplayer game with him and we've already played about 15 hours in the last 2 days.

adamclark52
05-27-2012, 05:46 PM
...you misunderstood. Once I played Skyrim on PS3, I realized I would've enjoyed Oblivion much more on PS3 :lol:

But yeah, I can't even play it now because my system crashes every two minutes. At least I got close to 175 hours of gameplay before this shit happened. Hopefully once the coming patch comes out I'll be able to play again.

That was a frustration.

I'm currently playing Mass Effect 3 on PS3 and Dragon Quest IV on Nintendo DS.

mankvill
05-28-2012, 12:17 AM
early birthday!

got Dark Souls for 360. Played for about an hour and already threw my 360 against a fucking brick wall. It's fun, but god damn is it unrelentingly brutal and challenging.

Also installing Diablo 3 now. :D

ravenheart
05-28-2012, 05:41 AM
Backtracked to Assassin's Creed 1 before I take a run at AC: Revelations.

powerslave_85
05-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Ghost Recon: Future Solider:drool:
Same. Love it so far.

Nater
05-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Brutal Legend and Prototype 2

John The Drummer
05-31-2012, 04:48 PM
Got to the final mission of GTA: SA, I forgot how mucha bitch that mission is. I need to get "Fireproof" so I can just run out of the building after the fight with Big Smoke.

kalfitegrdan
06-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Was playing Mass Effect 3 most of today, farming Firebase White on Geth/Gold.

hb420
06-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Got the Immortal warpaint mod on Skyrim :rocker: fuck yeah!

The Resistance game for the vita is surprisingly not that bad. Definitely not how critic reviews made it out to be.

jd091
06-07-2012, 02:14 AM
Time played in Dota 2 before yesterday: 30 minutes.

Time played in Dota 2 after yesterday: 10.5 hours.

Holy mother of god. I should have got into this sooner.

John The Drummer
06-10-2012, 10:21 AM
I cheated and used an invincibility code for GTA:SA... just so I could get thru that last mission fast :D

Started back on Perfect Dark over the week, such a great classic. I think I am going to get back into Gears of War 3 as well, that game has just been sitting on my shelf and I've only played 2-3 hours of it :(

dcmetal108
06-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Been playing Minecraft for like 6 hours blocks lately.

brutal_descent
06-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Downloaded Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth, Age of Empires III, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, as well as the second KOTOR for my PC. Good thing school ends this week :D

Also borrowed Grand Theft Auto IV (for replay purposes) and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for my PS3 from a friend!

makethemsuffer12
06-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Final Fantasy XIII

:eyes:

John The Drummer
06-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Final Fantasy XIII

:rocker:
how far are you?

adamclark52
06-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Final Fantasy XIII

Playing XIII-2 really made me want to go back and play this again. The game itself wasn't bad but the story and characters just killed it for me.

adamclark52
06-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Downloaded Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth, Age of Empires III, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, as well as the second KOTOR for my PC. Good thing school ends this week :D

Also borrowed Grand Theft Auto IV (for replay purposes) and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for my PS3 from a friend!

brutal_descent
06-12-2012, 10:25 AM

Yep! Haven't played either in fuck knows how long.

makethemsuffer12
06-12-2012, 07:38 PM
how far are you?
Up to where everyone is together (after Sazh and Vanille break free) and you can actually change your battle team.
Playing XIII-2 really made me want to go back and play this again. The game itself wasn't bad but the story and characters just killed it for me.

Hmm. I'm hoping to pick up that after I'm done with XIII.