PDA

View Full Version : RIP Casey Calvert

ChildrenofSodom
11-26-2007, 04:51 AM
Such a tragic loss. Its so sad to see another magnificent musician leave this world so young. His work was a true inspiration to all. Rest In Peace Brother.:light::realchug:

overkiller
11-26-2007, 09:16 AM
I was gonna ask "who?", but Wikipedia answered my question with one of the worst articles I've ever seen on there.

DethMaiden
11-26-2007, 12:30 PM
The incredible irony of this thread almost dilutes the sadness of anyone dying. R.I.P., sorry that you couldn't have been a good musician.

ChildrenofSodom
11-26-2007, 12:42 PM
Sorry you had to be in a band from my hometown, thus obtaining god-like status amongst Trojans.

DethMaiden
11-26-2007, 12:47 PM
Sorry you had to be in a band from my hometown, thus obtaining god-like status amongst Trojans.

Basically. I mean, if Micah died that'd be sadder.

DarkTwilight
11-26-2007, 01:30 PM
People dying sucks, but does anyone really care about hawthorne heights? Not to be a dick or anything... 14 year old girls at the mall will listen to anything thats not amazing...

RIP

ChildrenofSodom
11-26-2007, 04:37 PM
People dying sucks, but does anyone really care about hawthorne heights? Not to be a dick or anything... 14 year old girls at the mall will listen to anything thats not amazing...

RIP

Well, that band basically started out in our hometown. Micah, the guitarist, went to our school and worked at a local UDF...so...everyone at school was mourning. Besides that, I dont give a shit about them.

Except that they hit the nail on the head with that one song: Ohio IS for lovers.

ADD
11-26-2007, 06:39 PM
"People die everyday, you better get used to it cuz one day, you will die too." -- Rwake 'The Stoner Tree'

DarkTwilight
11-27-2007, 03:20 AM
Well, that band basically started out in our hometown. Micah, the guitarist, went to our school and worked at a local UDF...so...everyone at school was mourning. Besides that, I dont give a shit about them.

Except that they hit the nail on the head with that one song: Ohio IS for lovers.

I see...

And I like that quote. People dying is always going to be a bad thing, but if its some guy from a band I don't care about, or a lead singer from a one hit wonder/one good album band (quiet riot), it's not going to really get to me. But take a drummer or a guitar player who had a SERIOUS impact on the metal community (two guesses), and I'll drink to that.

RIP

ChildrenofSodom
11-27-2007, 06:13 PM
But take a drummer or a guitar player who had a SERIOUS impact on the metal community (two guesses), and I'll drink to that.

RIP

Vitek and Casey Calvert respectively.

:realchug: RIP :realchug:

DethMaiden
11-27-2007, 06:29 PM
But take a drummer or a guitar player who had a SERIOUS impact on the metal community (two guesses), and I'll drink to that.

John Bonham and Chuck Schuldiner.

DarkTwilight
11-28-2007, 12:44 AM
John Bonham and Chuck Schuldiner.

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::r ocker:

Sometimes it feels funny in a nostalgic way. Thinking about these people pioneering something we base our lives off of. Its truly a great thing.

:blaze::blaze:

TonyD
12-01-2007, 11:59 PM
:
Sometimes it feels funny in a nostalgic way. Thinking about these people pioneering something we base our lives off of. Its truly a great thing.

:blaze::blaze:

I was just thinking about that, since when there were so many reaction articles to Dubrow on Blabbermouth, I figured the only significance that he had to me was that he was in Quiet Riot during half the time Rhoads was.
You can really tell the difference a few years down the road because the same people remember Burton, Schuldiner, Dime etc... while the ones who are now mourning this dudes loss will forget about it within a month

and if it makes anyone happy, this girl told me that her emo assed brother locked himself in his room crying about it. but whats new.