PDA

View Full Version : David Gilmour: Remember That Night

DethMaiden
11-25-2007, 08:46 AM
:drool:

I just finished watching disc one (the concert portion) of the new David Gilmour DVD and ho-ly shit.

Not only can he hold up for two hours and thirty-two minutes at the age of sixty or so, he effortlessly glided through all those classic Floyd solos as well as his entire new solo album. Plus, David Crosby, Graham Nash, and David Bowie all have guest vocals on certain songs.

This is the best live DVD I have ever seen: if you have any interest in Pink Floyd or David Gilmour or good music, check it out. You won't regret it.

es156
11-25-2007, 12:53 PM
I was glad that I got the chance to catch this tour. Gilmour was amazing! The sound at the Rosemont Theater was very good.
Echoes live was :drool:. I've got the DVD on my Christmas list.

ravenheart
11-25-2007, 12:57 PM
I had this DVD. I must say it was absolutely astonishing. Music DVD perfection. Unfortunately, I don't like Pink Floyd or David Gilmour, and couldn't find anyone to give it to, so after reviewing it went in the bin. A shame, to be sure.

http://jukebo.cx/archives/2007/09/24/david-gilmour-remember-that-night-live-at-the-royal-albert-hall/

es156
11-25-2007, 01:25 PM
Unfortunately, I don't like Pink Floyd or David Gilmour,

Surely, you jest!!

DethMaiden
11-25-2007, 03:04 PM
I was glad that I got the chance to catch this tour. Gilmour was amazing! The sound at the Rosemont Theater was very good.
Echoes live was :drool:. I've got the DVD on my Christmas list.

Yeah. Echoes is ridiculously good on there. Richard Wright is still the man :fist:

ADD
11-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Maybe I'll check it out if its really that good.

ADD
11-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Speaking of amazing DVD's, the King Crimson one I watched last night was out of this world, never seen anything like it. They were like playing violin and piano on their guitars, I was like :wtf:

ravenheart
11-26-2007, 02:00 AM
Surely, you jest!!

Nope, not at all. Very impressive, but too boring to listen to. Wall excepted.

DethMaiden
11-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Speaking of amazing DVD's, the King Crimson one I watched last night was out of this world, never seen anything like it. They were like playing violin and piano on their guitars, I was like :wtf:

What was it called? I'd like to check it out.

DethMaiden
11-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Wall excepted.

Eesh, the worst classic Floyd album methinks.

ravenheart
11-26-2007, 01:45 PM
It's the only one I find remotely interesting. And even then I prefer the all-star tribute version.

SomewhereInTime72
11-26-2007, 04:17 PM
What was it called? I'd like to check it out.

Eyes Wide Open is the King Crimson DVD you want. :D