What a lineup.
Judas Priest, Blue Oyster Cult, Saxon..

mankvill
11-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Carcass and At The Gates!

They should just do a tour.

ravenheart
11-26-2007, 01:55 AM
At The Gates have already been confirmed for several festivals. This is just the latest in a long line.

I'm not that impressed with the lineup so far. I knew Judas Priest would play, and there's two more headliners to come, but otherwise that's a really soft lineup. Saxon are always good value, and I'm pleased with Volbeat, Astral Doors, Gotthard and Mustasch. I'm sure Ministry and Lizzy Borden will be entertaining if there's no one else to watch, but otherwise I don't really want to see any of the others.

That said, this is only 26 bands. There's 54 more to come, so plenty of space to improve.

On the headliner front I understand Van Halen are in the frame. I bloody hope not, personally. Pop rock at the best of times and now just a joke. I've got a horrible feeling they'll get Def Leppard as well. Not sure why.

I'm hoping for Whitesnake and Alice Cooper, since I'm pretty sure Iron Maiden are too expensive. Mind you, I'd have said Aerosmith were too expensive as well, but we had them last year along with Scorpions and Heaven And Hell.

They have said they're waiting until January to set ticket prices because the bands they're in negotiation with might affect the prices depending who on they get.

My wishlist for further down the bill: Sebastian Bach, Testament, Overkill, Queensryche, Benedictum, Threshold, Headspace, Symphorce, Witchcraft, Candlemass, Cathedral, Stuck Mojo... could name several but I think all of those are realistic.

ravenheart
11-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Given the new update regarding the Extreme reunion album due out in the Spring, and imminent announcement of their comeback World Tour, I'm expecting them to be at Sweden Rock now. Wouldn't complain. They're resonsible for four of the most underrated rock records of all time.

ravenheart
12-03-2007, 04:18 AM
Ten more bands confirmed:

Def Leppard
Whitesnake
Testament
Joe Satriani
Glyder
Fastway
Sonic Syndicate
Five Fifteen
H.E.A.T.
Elakelaiset

Testament off my wishlist - excellent! Pleased with Whitesnake, Satriani and Glyder too.

I just knew they'd pick Def Leppard again. Oh well, I like to have one headliner to skip, so it can be them.

ravenheart
03-04-2008, 05:09 AM
Confirmed since last post:

Poison
Triumph
Tobias Sammet's Avantasia
Disturbed
Ratt
Apocalytpica
Sebastian Bach
Ace Frehley
Hanoi Rocks
Primal Fear
Satyricon
Black Stone Cherry
Royal Hunt
Picture
Primordial
Airbourne
Sir Lord Baltimore
MUCC
Fatal Smile
Vivian
Svolk
Sister Sin
Boil
45 Degree Woman

DethMaiden
03-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Ah, yet another festival with Carcass and At the Gates. They should really just do a co-headlining run of the States.