PDA

View Full Version : JUDAS PRIEST To Begin World Tour In June 2008

hot_turkey_ed
11-23-2007, 11:18 AM
Source: Judas Priest (http://www.judaspriest.com/news/default.asp)

"The JUDAS PRIEST machine will be rolling out on the road again next year. The tour starts in June 2008 dates to be announced shortly!

Please note that only when dates are announced here on our website are they actually official and confirmed!!"

SomewhereInTime72
11-23-2007, 11:32 AM
:party::rocker:

Div
11-23-2007, 12:23 PM
World tour for what? Aren't they supposed to release their new album first?

ravenheart
11-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Sweden Rock is first confirmed date, as I've been predicting since this years fest, so the tour is definitely going to be starting in Europe.

ravenheart
11-24-2007, 05:10 PM
World tour for what? Aren't they supposed to release their new album first?

It'll be out long before the tour. It's already finished and is now being mixed. I'm expecting it in March, myself.

ADD
11-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Fuck 'em up guys :metal: :fist: :punk:

JUDAS FUCKING PRIEST.

DarkTwilight
11-26-2007, 07:38 AM
As long as they don't make the mistake that Iron Maiden did... when fans want to see Judas Priest, they want to see Victim of Changes, Diamonds and Rust, Beyond the Realms of Death, Hell Bent for Leather, Living After Midnight, Electric Eye, The Sentinel, Blood Red Skies, Painkiller, ect.... not a new album in its entirety. Especially one that we haven't got a chance to listen to yet. I know they just made it and they are so psyched about it, but that doesn't mean everyone else in the world is. But even if thats what they play, I will still go...

JUDAS

FUCKING

PRIEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Firewind
11-26-2007, 09:42 AM
I have no problem at all with Maiden playing a new album...

ravenheart
11-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Maiden didn't make a mistake. This Status Quo fan we-only-want-to-hear-the-hits mentality is ridiculous. You heard the hits last time. And the time before that. And if you didn't go last time you've lost out. After 30 odd years these bands aren't playing for people who want to hear the hits. They're playing for the real fans.

Priest will be playing Nostradamus in it's entirety at some shows. Rob Halford has already stated this. They will also be doing some Ripper-era songs.

DethMaiden
11-26-2007, 11:35 AM
The real fans want to hear the best material, which unfortunately for Priest, lies in their hits.

DarkTwilight
11-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Maiden didn't make a mistake. This Status Quo fan we-only-want-to-hear-the-hits mentality is ridiculous. You heard the hits last time. And the time before that. And if you didn't go last time you've lost out. After 30 odd years these bands aren't playing for people who want to hear the hits. They're playing for the real fans.

Priest will be playing Nostradamus in it's entirety at some shows. Rob Halford has already stated this. They will also be doing some Ripper-era songs.

Well it doesn't have to be ONLY the hits, but a good variety would be better. REAL fans would want to hear stuff like Dreamer Deceiver, Never Satisfied, Blood Red Skies (i dont think this has been played live), Delivering the Goods, Dissident Aggressor, i don't think ANY of those were played last time. I mean, some new stuff wouldn't be bad, but you need variety.

I wouldn't mind if they played the entire new album if the set was extended. If they did what Maiden did and only played 5 other songs, that would be disappointing, but if they did this whole Nostradamus thing and something like-

The Hellion/Electric Eye
Judas Rising
The Sentinel
Victim of Changes
Dissident Aggressor
Jugulator
Rapid Fire
Painkiller
Hell Bent for Leather

Encore- TURBO!
nah not really...

Encore - You got another thing comin

I mean, I could live without Living after Midnight and Breaking the Law. But whats a priest show without the GOOD hits... seriously.. not that those songs are bad, but painkiller just blows them away. If that was the set they played, I would go home happy.

Angelripper
11-26-2007, 01:11 PM
The real fans want to hear the best material, which unfortunately for Priest, lies in their hits.
No way!

What about songs like Hell Patrol, Hard as Iron, Blood Red Skies, One Shot at Glory, Cathedral Spires, Thunder Road, Prisoner of Your Eyes? Not to mention their first four or so albums which aside from Victim of Changes and Hell Bent, are almost completely forgotten? Priest have a great selection, as good as Iron Maiden's back catalogue!

However, I have low expectations for the new album. Nostradamus??????? I can see the lyrics already.

Nostradamus rising!
The Metal Monster comes forth!
Nostradamus cursing!
The Future is no more!

Halford hasn't written decent lyrics since the 80s.

DethMaiden
11-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Gah. I should have just said "songs from Painkiller and earlier that aren't shit."

No one wants the Ripper abortions, Angel of Retribution, or all of Cheesestradamus.

DethMaiden
11-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Halford hasn't written decent lyrics since Beyond the Realms of Death.

Fixed.

ravenheart
11-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Dreamer Deceiver, Never Satisfied, Blood Red Skies

A-fuckin-men.

ravenheart
11-26-2007, 01:25 PM
No one wants the Ripper abortions, Angel of Retribution, or all of Cheesestradamus.

I'd be more than happy with some Ripper songs. If Halford can sing them.

I'd rather Ripper were still in Priest, myself.

DethMaiden
11-26-2007, 01:31 PM
I'd be more than happy with some Ripper songs. If Halford can sing them.

I'd rather Ripper were still in Priest, myself.

I'd rather Priest retired with Painkiller and kept playing the nostalgia circuit.

Confess :fist:

ravenheart
11-26-2007, 01:41 PM
I'd rather Priest retired with Painkiller and kept playing the nostalgia circuit.

:zzz:

JRA
11-26-2007, 02:20 PM

I'll withhold judgement until I hear "Nostradamus" but as of right now I agree.

Hey, its not like they don't have enough material to make 7 or 8 different tour sets.

Fe Maiden
11-26-2007, 02:25 PM
As long as they don't make the mistake that Iron Maiden did... not a new album in its entirety.
Not a mistake at all! It was one of their best shows ever!!! It took balls for them to do it too!

DethMaiden
11-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Not a mistake at all! It was one of their best shows ever!!! It took balls for them to do it too!

Didn't it help that AMOLAD was a damn fine album?

DreamEvil001
11-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Gah. I should have just said "songs from Painkiller and earlier that aren't shit."

Wait till nostradamus comes out. I really liked a lot of Angel of Retribution and I hope it gets some time, seeing them on that tour was one of the best shows I've been to. Ripper era has only one good song imo, but I'd be happy seeing them playing almost anything

DarkTwilight
11-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Didn't it help that AMOLAD was a damn fine album?

As far as new iron maiden albums go (no prayer for the dying and everything after that), Brave New World, A Matter of Life and Death, And the X Factor are my favorites. And I wouldn't be shocked if Nostradamus is straight up amazing, BUT the fact remains that if they played the whole thing, its not the best move for the fans. And the fans are the ones paying to see them. If they have fun playing all of Nostradamus, well, they can go do that in their garage or something. Now if they played all of Painkiller... I think Id cum through my pants and it would go in every single eye of everyone reading this post. watch out!

ravenheart
11-27-2007, 12:31 AM
Ripper era has only one good song imo

Way more than that.

DarkTwilight
11-27-2007, 02:17 AM
Way more than that.

I will agree that Jugulator has some really good tracks (Dead Meat, Bullet Train) but Demolition... I'd rather listen to Turbo than Demolition...

I wouldn't mind seeing Halford doing Bullet Train :rocker::rocker::rocker:

ravenheart
11-27-2007, 02:25 AM
I think Demolition is much better. Jugulator is good. Always loved Cathedral Spires myself, but the stuff sounds better live, without the effects.

Demolition has Feed On Me, Bloodsuckers, Hell Is Home, In Between, Close to You, Jeckyll And Hide, One On One - all good songs with great riffs.

I also think the live albums with Ripper sound twice as good as Priest Live!! and Unleashed In The East. I like my heavy metal bands to actually sound heavy, you see.

DarkTwilight
11-27-2007, 02:28 AM
That doesn't mean Ripper is any better. Just that the music at the time was heavier... throw Halford in the heavy mix and you can't go wrong there.

PowerMaiden
11-27-2007, 07:01 AM
Iron Maiden are GODS ! literally !! therefore everything they do is right !

Face it guys

as for Judas Priest on tour ... have fun seiing them :)

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Maiden33
11-27-2007, 07:05 AM
As long as they don't make the mistake that Iron Maiden did

:tp:

Maiden's decision to play AMOLAD was one of the finest moments in their recent history. The album wasn't amazing, but it shows that that Maiden aren't actually afraid to take chances. It was a killer show either way, and fuck the "fans" who only want to hear the hits.

es156
11-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Iron Maiden are GODS ! literally !! therefore everything they do is right !

Face it guys

:fist: :metal: :rockdevil

DarkTwilight
11-27-2007, 07:08 PM
:tp:

Maiden's decision to play AMOLAD was one of the finest moments in their recent history. The album wasn't amazing, but it shows that that Maiden aren't actually afraid to take chances. It was a killer show either way, and fuck the "fans" who only want to hear the hits.

OK so the definition of a "fan" is someone who would rather hear new material that they may have only had time to hear a few times? That makes NO fucking sense. Thats true they don't have to play the hits, but there is PLENTY of non-hit material out there by both Maiden and Priest. A TRUE Iron Maiden fan would have prefered to hear Sign of the Cross over ANY song off AMOLAD. Sure they could have done a setlist that invovled many songs from the new CD, but the whole thing? That wasn't necessary. Is it about having balls? Or is it about playing a good show? If Maiden came out and played the NOTB intro but before the guitar came in, Bruce comes out and goes FUCK YOU ALL! WE FUCKING HATE YOU! GO HOME AND DIE MOTHERFUCKERS! Yeah, that would take balls. I guess you and all the "true" Iron Maiden fans would be like YEAH MAIDEN ROCK THEY DID SOMETHING THAT TOOK BALLS HES RIGHT WE SUCK WOOHOO.

Oh well. The way I see it, the ozzfest/AMOLAD maiden shows were only the warmup for this upcoming powerslave tour. although the ozzfest one had a nice set. already got my tickets :rocker:

Firewind
11-27-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm gonna have to disagree. AMOLAD was an awesome album, and I have absolutely not problem with them playing it in it's entirety. I don't think a "true fan" has to want them to play a bunch of their older songs on a tour in support of their new album, especially when it was as good as this one.

DarkTwilight
11-27-2007, 11:35 PM
I'm gonna have to disagree. AMOLAD was an awesome album, and I have absolutely not problem with them playing it in it's entirety. I don't think a "true fan" has to want them to play a bunch of their older songs on a tour in support of their new album, especially when it was as good as this one.

Sure the new album can be good, but when they only play a new album then its almost like seeing a new band-the band can be a classic, but new music is NOT a classic. And with a name like Iron Maiden, you would expect an experience that fit a CLASSIC band? So what the hells the point of only playing the new album... a TRUE fan would appreciate it, but it would have to be pretty damn amazing to completely shit on everything else. And most people are there for "everything else". So just do what every other band does. mix it up some. like every other song could have been from the new album... just play something else in between. so you get a full length maiden concert, and you hear the whole new album? It was only 10 00 when they finished in philly, they had time to do 20 songs, when they only played 15. 5 old, 10 new. So do 10 old and 10 new. That would be fine. I would say two songs on a new bands album is worth like, 1 song on an old album. So 10 new is like 5, and five and ten makes 15, and thats how many songs you need for a full set usually. So whats the deal? getting stuck with 12.5...

p.s. im pretty fucked up idk if that just made sense or not:eek:

:blaze::blaze::blaze::blaze::blaze::blaze::blaze:: blaze:

Maiden33
11-28-2007, 06:12 AM
OK so the definition of a "fan" is someone who would rather hear new material that they may have only had time to hear a few times? That makes NO fucking sense. Thats true they don't have to play the hits, but there is PLENTY of non-hit material out there by both Maiden and Priest. A TRUE Iron Maiden fan would have prefered to hear Sign of the Cross over ANY song off AMOLAD. Sure they could have done a setlist that invovled many songs from the new CD, but the whole thing? That wasn't necessary. Is it about having balls? Or is it about playing a good show? If Maiden came out and played the NOTB intro but before the guitar came in, Bruce comes out and goes FUCK YOU ALL! WE FUCKING HATE YOU! GO HOME AND DIE MOTHERFUCKERS! Yeah, that would take balls. I guess you and all the "true" Iron Maiden fans would be like YEAH MAIDEN ROCK THEY DID SOMETHING THAT TOOK BALLS HES RIGHT WE SUCK WOOHOO.

Oh well. The way I see it, the ozzfest/AMOLAD maiden shows were only the warmup for this upcoming powerslave tour. although the ozzfest one had a nice set. already got my tickets :rocker:

The "fans" comment was targetting the infidels who come to see Maiden just to see shit like Number of the Beast and Run to the Hills. I'm not saying you have to want to hear the whole new album live to be a true fan, but I'm targetting those stupid fucks out there who think Maiden's "good career" ended in the late 80s, who come to see them just to see the hits and dare to sit down during newer material. Myself (and many of my friends and fellow Maiden fans) support just about all Maiden, sure we love some a lot more than others, but have a genuine interest in everything they've done. I wouldn't have cared if Maiden didn't do all of AMOLAD live IF they had substituted with a worthwhile, balanced set list, which I'm positive they wouldn't have. That's why I supported this tour so much, cause it was one of the only chances I'd ever get to see Maiden live where they didn't just play a silly over formulated set filled with about 8 "obligatory" songs, 5 new songs, and a couple other standards. They're my favorite band and have a catalogue of about 130-some studio album tracks, I don't want to keep seeing the same 16 over and over again.
Furthermore, playing an entire new album live was a great way for Maiden to drive the point home that they ARE a current band. Sure they have an extensive back catalogue, but Maiden is the kind of band that writes and records a new album for the sake of doing a new album, not so they can just release a boring piece of crap and go out and tour just as an excuse to play the hits.

es156
11-28-2007, 07:12 AM
A TRUE Iron Maiden fan would have prefered to hear Sign of the Cross over ANY song off AMOLAD.

:LOLFC: :LOLFC: :LOLFC:

ravenheart
11-28-2007, 07:25 AM
That doesn't mean Ripper is any better. Just that the music at the time was heavier... throw Halford in the heavy mix and you can't go wrong there.

I think you can. Ripper is better. Compared to Halford of old, maybe not. But Halford now Ripper is better. I would much rather Ripper were still in Priest and Rob were doing his solo stuff, which slays.

DarkTwilight
11-28-2007, 07:26 AM
:LOLFC: :LOLFC: :LOLFC:

Really, think about it. What's the best song off AMOLAD? Maybe the Legacy? Or TROBB? Personally I pick Lord of Light... all amazing songs, but Sign of the Cross blows them all out of the water.

And Maiden33, I do agree with this, that a true Iron Maiden fan could appreciate new material, but a true Iron Maiden fan would prefer good material that hasn't been played at all or not in a while... I think its easier to say a true fan would prefer Alexander the Great over any song off AMOLAD, rather than sign of the cross, correct?

ravenheart
11-28-2007, 07:28 AM
A TRUE Iron Maiden fan would have prefered to hear Sign of the Cross over ANY song off AMOLAD

I wouldn't because I've seen them do that one before, so I want something different.

TRUE fans don't want any specific songs. They just want DIFFERENT songs, not the same greatest hits set over and over again.

If I went to a Maiden show and they didn't play NOTB, Hallowed, Trooper, Iron Maiden, RTTH, Sanctuary, Icarus, Eagles Dare, FOTD, 2 Minutes, Evil That Me Do, Madness or Wrathchild I'd go home happy.

Virus, Moonchild, Madagascar, Fear Is The Key, Stranger In A Strange Land, Caught Somewhere In Time etc, etc would be much more interesting.

SomewhereInTime72
11-28-2007, 11:22 AM
The "fans" comment was targetting the infidels who come to see Maiden just to see shit like Number of the Beast and Run to the Hills. I'm not saying you have to want to hear the whole new album live to be a true fan, but I'm targetting those stupid fucks out there who think Maiden's "good career" ended in the late 80s, who come to see them just to see the hits and dare to sit down during newer material. Myself (and many of my friends and fellow Maiden fans) support just about all Maiden, sure we love some a lot more than others, but have a genuine interest in everything they've done. I wouldn't have cared if Maiden didn't do all of AMOLAD live IF they had substituted with a worthwhile, balanced set list, which I'm positive they wouldn't have. That's why I supported this tour so much, cause it was one of the only chances I'd ever get to see Maiden live where they didn't just play a silly over formulated set filled with about 8 "obligatory" songs, 5 new songs, and a couple other standards. They're my favorite band and have a catalogue of about 130-some studio album tracks, I don't want to keep seeing the same 16 over and over again.
Furthermore, playing an entire new album live was a great way for Maiden to drive the point home that they ARE a current band. Sure they have an extensive back catalogue, but Maiden is the kind of band that writes and records a new album for the sake of doing a new album, not so they can just release a boring piece of crap and go out and tour just as an excuse to play the hits.
I disagree with you a lot, but right now I gotta give you a big ol' :fist: :agree: :rocker: :horns: :party:

If I went to a Maiden show and they didn't play NOTB, Hallowed, Trooper, Iron Maiden, RTTH, Sanctuary, Icarus, Eagles Dare, FOTD, 2 Minutes, Evil That Me Do, Madness or Wrathchild I'd go home happy.

I don't know about the rest of the list, but I'd fucking LOVE it if they played those two. :eek:

Maiden33
11-28-2007, 11:51 AM
I wouldn't because I've seen them do that one before, so I want something different.

TRUE fans don't want any specific songs. They just want DIFFERENT songs, not the same greatest hits set over and over again.

If I went to a Maiden show and they didn't play NOTB, Hallowed, Trooper, Iron Maiden, RTTH, Sanctuary, FOTD, 2 Minutes, Evil That Me Do, Madness or Wrathchild I'd go home happy.

I Couldn't agree more. Thanks for saying that. :fist:

JRA
11-28-2007, 01:42 PM

Virus, Moonchild, Madagascar, Fear Is The Key, Stranger In A Strange Land, Caught Somewhere In Time etc, etc would be much more interesting.

Except for the fact that Icarus hasn't been played in over 20 years. And since when is there a Maiden song called Madagascar.

ravenheart
11-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Damn, well that completely invalidates my point then :tp:

I meant Montesgur - this is what happens when you're shopping for family members for Christmas while talking on metal forums ;)

Angelripper
11-28-2007, 03:22 PM
As a fan who's never seen Iron Maiden play live, I'd kill for them to play the hits. I mean, what would be more awesome, seeing the whole arena go nuts for The Trooper, Run to the Hills, Hallowed, or seeing only maybe half of the crowd enjoy the new stuff?

If I get to see them, I want them to play the classics with a few of the new stuff thrown in. Not that the new stuff is awful, but it's that the old stuff is immortal and great and what made the band famous.

Angelripper
11-28-2007, 03:24 PM

True fans who've never seen the band play would want the greatest hits.

DethMaiden
11-28-2007, 04:44 PM

Yes. Like me. Fortunately, this tour is essentially a compilation of all of their great albums with none of their or shitty ones.

SomewhereInTime72
11-28-2007, 04:48 PM
Yes. Like me. Fortunately, this tour is essentially a compilation of all of their great albums with none of their or shitty ones.

Every Maiden tour is like that. :D

Maiden33
11-28-2007, 05:10 PM
I mean, what would be more awesome, seeing the whole arena go nuts for The Trooper, Run to the Hills, Hallowed, or seeing only maybe half of the crowd enjoy the new stuff?

That kind of misses my point. My point isn't that Maiden should play as much new stuff as possible, but that they should play as much different stuff as possible. But in general, any set Maiden can throw at that DOESN'T feature the same generic stuff is a good set IMO, even if it's weaker songs, as long as it shows variation I'm cool with it.

And I've only seen Maiden twice with a third on the way. But after seeing dozens more of live shows on official and bootleg DVDs, I feel I definately subscribe more to the opinion of older fans who are tired of hearing the same old stuff at this point.

DarkTwilight
11-28-2007, 09:32 PM
This makes no sense... how could you say a true maiden fan would NOT want specific songs, yet you don't have a problem with them playing an entire album track by track? I don't think you can get any more specific than that... I only used Sign of the Cross as a random good non-hit maiden track, but it could be anything

Prowler
Remember Tomorrow
Charlotte the Harlot
Purgatory
Gangland
To Tame a Land
The Duelists
Deja Vu
Alexander the Great
Only the Good Die Young
No Prayer for the Dying
Judas Be my Guide
Sign of the Cross
Lord of the Flies
Look for the Truth
The Aftermath
Blood on the Worlds Hand
The Edge of Darkness

yeah you get the point. A true iron maiden fan would prefer any of these songs over any song off AMOLAD. I don't hear any fans complaining about playing Look for the Truth at every concert, right? ugh people.

ravenheart
11-29-2007, 02:04 AM
A true iron maiden fan would prefer any of these songs over any song off AMOLAD

so you're saying a true Maiden fan is one that doesn't like AMOLAD? That's ridiculous.

I don't think the real fans do want specific songs. And you're saying wanting AMOLAD is being specific AFTER the event. Before that tour Maiden fans weren't sitting around saying "this tour will only be any good if they play the entire album". They weren't being specific about it before the tour. A real Maiden fan doesn't go to a tour thinking "this is only going to be good if they play X, Y and Z". A real fan goes because they like (almost) all of the songs and wants to hear some different ones to the last time they saw them. Obviously everyone has their favourites that they'd rather hear over some others, given the choice, but it's not a criteria for a good show, so long as it's not the same old stuff as last time.

That's how all the real fans will have approached the AMOLAD tour. And they got what they wanted. A different set to normal. Might not be what they were expecting, but it was different and they got some good songs. All the real fans say it was a great tour (apart from the ones who don't like that album, which is fine, since you don't have to love every note a band plays to be a real fan).

People say it was a mistake to alienate fans in that way, but I think the only ones they were alienating were the fair-weather fans who want the hits, and the ones who don't rate that album. But we all knew they would be playing the whole album before the tour started, because they said so, so anyone who didn't rate the album shouldn't have gone. If they went anyway it was their mistake, not Maiden's.

ravenheart
11-29-2007, 02:16 AM
Prowler
Remember Tomorrow
Charlotte the Harlot
Purgatory
Gangland
To Tame a Land
The Duelists
Deja Vu
Alexander the Great
Only the Good Die Young
No Prayer for the Dying
Judas Be my Guide
Sign of the Cross
Lord of the Flies
Look for the Truth
The Aftermath
Blood on the Worlds Hand
The Edge of Darkness

Incidentally, why have you picked so many sub-par songs? Gangland? You are kidding, right? Even Steve Harris says that song sucks, and you don't get many bigger Maiden fans than him!

ravenheart
11-29-2007, 02:28 AM

They shouldn't do. They should want some of the classics, some of the great album tracks, some new stuff... an actual mixture from their career. Real fans don't want greatest hits sets. Whether they've seen them before or not. Chart fans want greatest hits sets. Real fans like the other songs as well, and want to hear some of those as well as the classics. If you just want the hits then I'm sorry, but you're not (yet) a true fan. You're just a fan of the hits. You're now going to get irate, I know. "How do you know I'm not a true fan!?" blah bla-blah blah. Because you just said you want the hits. Therefore you aren't because true fans like more than the hits. IF you do like more than the hits, great, and you should therefore want to hear more than the hits live, regardless of whether you've seen them before or not.

Then some of the other classics/album tracks/new songs NEXT time.

The first time I saw Maiden was on the Brave New World tour, and there was no way I wanted a greatest hits set. There are more great songs in the Maiden catalogue than just the hits and I wanted a mixture of all of them, which is what we got with stuff like Sign of The Cross and Clansman on that tour. We got Children of the Damned too because it was one of the first Clive Burr tribute shows.

I mean if you want the hits the first time you see them, what of the next time? You want everything else? That's not going to happen. You want the hits again? That's pointless. Or you want a mixture? Well why not a mixture every time? Then next time you can look forward to seeing different stuff to last time.

Maiden can't approach every tour expecting fans to be seeing them for the first time and playing the hits for them. That would be stupid on every level.

Maiden33
11-29-2007, 05:43 AM
This makes no sense... how could you say a true maiden fan would NOT want specific songs, yet you don't have a problem with them playing an entire album track by track? I don't think you can get any more specific than that... I only used Sign of the Cross as a random good non-hit maiden track, but it could be anything

yeah you get the point. A true iron maiden fan would prefer any of these songs over any song off AMOLAD. I don't hear any fans complaining about playing Look for the Truth at every concert, right? ugh people.

So many things wrong with this I'm hesitant to start making comments. You're just missing the point.

Maiden33
11-29-2007, 05:44 AM
so you're saying a true Maiden fan is one that doesn't like AMOLAD? That's ridiculous.

I don't think the real fans do want specific songs. And you're saying wanting AMOLAD is being specific AFTER the event. Before that tour Maiden fans weren't sitting around saying "this tour will only be any good if they play the entire album". They weren't being specific about it before the tour. A real Maiden fan doesn't go to a tour thinking "this is only going to be good if they play X, Y and Z". A real fan goes because they like (almost) all of the songs and wants to hear some different ones to the last time they saw them. Obviously everyone has their favourites that they'd rather hear over some others, given the choice, but it's not a criteria for a good show, so long as it's not the same old stuff as last time.

That's how all the real fans will have approached the AMOLAD tour. And they got what they wanted. A different set to normal. Might not be what they were expecting, but it was different and they got some good songs. All the real fans say it was a great tour (apart from the ones who don't like that album, which is fine, since you don't have to love every note a band plays to be a real fan).

People say it was a mistake to alienate fans in that way, but I think the only ones they were alienating were the fair-weather fans who want the hits, and the ones who don't rate that album. But we all knew they would be playing the whole album before the tour started, because they said so, so anyone who didn't rate the album shouldn't have gone. If they went anyway it was their mistake, not Maiden's.

I don't think you and I could agree more on this subject.

SomewhereInTime72
11-29-2007, 07:30 AM
If we're going to start talking about "true" fans and whatnot, this is going to get really stupid, really fast.

DarkTwilight
11-29-2007, 08:02 AM
Yeah, this is supposed to be about Judas Priest. I mean, I've been listening to Iron Maiden for such a long time now, and I would just prefer to hear songs I've either never heard or heard once or twice live. Now some of these songs I've been familiar with longer than others... I don't care if its a hit or not. I couldn't tell you how many times I've listened to Alexander the Great in the car driving on the highway over the years, or listened to Look for the Truth whenever I felt stressed out over the years, ect.... you get the point, all these songs just have such an impact on me, and I've been listening to them so long they have became a part of me, so yes, I would prefer to hear Gangland over anything off AMOLAD, not because its a hit, just because its an older track. And I'm not saying Iron Maiden should be just a nostalgia act, I love the new CD, and the longer they make new material, the better, but I don't think you should put 110% of the focus on new material. I'm not going to post any more on this topic unless something intelligent comes up because this is obviously going nowhere, because everyone wants to be a prick pointing fingers "your not a true fan im a true fan blah blah blah" and all this other bullshit.

sylpriest
11-29-2007, 04:47 PM
Priest live is a great thing.

HALFORD needs to tour though.

TonyD
11-29-2007, 06:12 PM
I like how this has become another AMOLAD tour discussion
They did say that they would be playing the whole album live at some point, but Glen and Rob have both said on seperate occasions that they would be pulling out some B-side material that hasnt been played for a while/hasnt been played ever for this tour

DarkTwilight
11-29-2007, 09:13 PM
I like how this has become another AMOLAD tour discussion
They did say that they would be playing the whole album live at some point, but Glen and Rob have both said on seperate occasions that they would be pulling out some B-side material that hasnt been played for a while/hasnt been played ever for this tour

Thats what I like to hear. Hearing a new album in its entirety is a good thing, but B-side material is even better... that is, if your a true fan :allan:

Maiden33
11-30-2007, 05:47 AM
Yeah, this is supposed to be about Judas Priest. I mean, I've been listening to Iron Maiden for such a long time now, and I would just prefer to hear songs I've either never heard or heard once or twice live. Now some of these songs I've been familiar with longer than others... I don't care if its a hit or not. I couldn't tell you how many times I've listened to Alexander the Great in the car driving on the highway over the years, or listened to Look for the Truth whenever I felt stressed out over the years, ect.... you get the point, all these songs just have such an impact on me, and I've been listening to them so long they have became a part of me, so yes, I would prefer to hear Gangland over anything off AMOLAD, not because its a hit, just because its an older track. And I'm not saying Iron Maiden should be just a nostalgia act, I love the new CD, and the longer they make new material, the better, but I don't think you should put 110% of the focus on new material. I'm not going to post any more on this topic unless something intelligent comes up because this is obviously going nowhere, because everyone wants to be a prick pointing fingers "your not a true fan im a true fan blah blah blah" and all this other bullshit.

Way to attempt to change the subject because you know you're being beaten. :D

DarkTwilight
12-01-2007, 12:23 PM
Way to attempt to change the subject because you know you're being beaten. :D

What the hell... I'm not trying to change the subject... I'm still arguing the same point, im not changing my mind or anything here... and know I'm being beaten? I know everyones being a dumb dick, but I'm not changing my stance on the subject? Whatever.

sylpriest
12-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Maiden fans ruin everything.

This about the Priest...not Iron (we don't care about our American fans even though they're just as crazy as our european fans, but we hate still them) Maiden

JRA
12-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Maiden fans ruin everything.

This about the Priest...not Iron (we don't care about our American fans even though they're just as crazy as our european fans, but we hate still them) Maiden

:lol:

DarkTwilight
12-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Well this argument could go the EXACT same way in a few months. Just change AMOLAD to nostradamus, iron maiden to judas priest, number of the beast to breaking the law, living after midnight to run to the hills, and you got another thing comin to the trooper, and this is a 100% valid judas priest discussion about something that hasn't happened yet.

JRA
12-02-2007, 07:43 AM
Well this argument could go the EXACT same way in a few months. Just change AMOLAD to nostradamus, iron maiden to judas priest, number of the beast to breaking the law, living after midnight to run to the hills, and you got another thing comin to the trooper, and this is a 100% valid judas priest discussion about something that hasn't happened yet.

Possibly, except for the fact that Rob Halford doesn't have a chip on his shoulder about remaining "current" because Dee Snider claimed that "Iron Maiden for the 2000's" was a laughable idea. ;)

es156
12-02-2007, 07:51 AM
Possibly, except for the fact that Rob Halford doesn't have a chip on his shoulder about remaining "current" because Dee Snider claimed that "Iron Maiden for the 2000's" was a laughable idea. ;)

Dee Snider is a dead man!!!

:chair:

DethMaiden
12-02-2007, 07:53 AM

His band's most recent release is an album of Christmas songs to the tune of his 80s hits. Dear kettle, you're black.

es156
12-02-2007, 07:55 AM
His band's most recent release is an album of Christmas songs to the tune of his 80s hits. Dear kettle, you're black.

Yeah, take that Snider! The wrath of MetalSetLists is descending upon you....

JRA
12-02-2007, 07:58 AM
For those of you wondering what I'm talking about...

Metal Sludge: What hard rock/heavy metal band should give it up and call it a day?

Dee Snider: 'What hard rock or heavy metal band should give it up and call it a day,' he says, stalling for time while he reflects on the MANY hard rock and heavy metal bands who should give it up and call it. You know what? It's not so much that I think people should give it up and call it a day. I think people should stop being unrealistic with their expectations. And my peers kill me with this whole, you know, well, I got to give it to ya. Sorry Bruce! Sorry Dick (meaning Dickenson)! 'Iron Maiden for the 2000's.' You know, and they have this whole, like, you know, we're moving, we're continuing on where we left off, bigger and better. It ain't fucking happening! It's all an oldies show, and everybody should just accept it. And there's nothing wrong with an oldies show - that's what I'll be doing next year. Enjoy it for what it is! People coming to see it, maybe for the first time, maybe one last time. But nobody's picking up and putting on the denim and leather and the patches and startin' buyin' the records and following the band around. And I'm not just talking about Iron Maiden, I'm talking about all of those fucking bands. All of my peers. They all think - and you know what, KISS almost dodged the bullet when they first came together and they reunited, they seemed to have a clear picture. "We're giving you KISS, 1974, Destroyer tour, the music, the look. We're bringing you back to that time." And then when the stadiums started to be packed in, all of a sudden Gene's going (Dee impersonates Gene), "We're KISS, we're back, boom." And you got Psycho Circus, new costumes, new staging, and it didn't sell for shit! Because people are not going to start, guys in their thirties are not following the band again. Going for one last fucking hurrah. So, truth is, all of 'em! Everybody should pack it up. Do your fucking reunion tour. I'm doing it! That's cool! Who better to make money off your fucking legacy than you? We all deserve it, you know. But do it, and wave goodbye, and you know, and walk off stage. Don't fucking hang around like a fart in a paper bag!

Source: http://www.metalsludge.com/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=462&Itemid=52

And that was at the beginning of 2003, before their reunion got huge and the Christmas album came out.

TonyD
12-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Props to Dream Theater.
One of the few bands with a huge catalog that people can't bitch and moan about because they didnt hear what they wanted.

Nick
12-03-2007, 06:04 AM

You're acting like such a n00b in this thread.

Maiden33
12-03-2007, 06:39 AM

:D :lol:

DarkTwilight
12-03-2007, 09:52 PM

im presenting a solid argument and i have a bunch of idiots disagreeing with me that makes me a noob? ok go listen to hawthorne heights

Maiden33
12-04-2007, 06:59 AM
im presenting a solid argument and i have a bunch of idiots disagreeing with me that makes me a noob? ok go listen to hawthorne heights

I can personally vouch that not only does he not listen to Hawthrone Heights, he collectively listens to better music than you from what I've seen.

DarkTwilight
12-04-2007, 07:27 AM
I can personally vouch that not only does he not listen to Hawthrone Heights, he collectively listens to better music than you from what I've seen.

From what you've seen? What the FUCK are you talking about? OK how many times have you met me and/or see what I've listened to, besides the obvious fact that I listen to Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, maybe some other bands I mentioned on this site...

edited to remove senseless flaming, not necessary on this site.

es156
12-04-2007, 08:12 AM
edited to remove senseless flaming, not necessary on this site.

Good idea.

This thread is done.