1. Intro
2. Deththeme
3. Briefcase Full Of Guts
4. Birthday Dethday
5. Behind The Scenes with Facebones!
6. Awaken
7. Bloodrocuted.
8. What Is Moshing?
9. Dethjingle (DO YOU FOLKS LIKE COFFEE?)
10. Dethharmonic
11. Castratikron
12. Go Forth And Die
13. Murderface Takes A Leak
14. Hatredcopter
15. Murmaider (My favorite)
16. Thunderhorse
17. Encore
18. KILL THE FANS!
19. Go Into The Water
20. Fansong

Not that I'm advocating anything, but here's the video of the whole concert that I took. :) ;)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5347073466172488981&q=SMOV0046.AVI&total=4&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

JRA
11-18-2007, 12:02 PM
One of the worst things to happen to heavy metal.

es156
11-18-2007, 12:12 PM
One of the worst things to happen to heavy metal.

Your sig is one of the worst things to happen to heavy metal.

JRA
11-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Your sig is one of the worst things to happen to heavy metal.

:lol:

1) You like dethklok?

2) How is an immature paraphrase of a Pink Floyd quote detrimental to heavy metal?

es156
11-18-2007, 12:23 PM
:lol:

1) You like dethklok?

2) How is an immature paraphrase of a Pink Floyd quote detrimental to heavy metal?

1. I have never heard Dethklok

2. I am just giving you a hard time because you are blaspheming the mighty Floyd.

;)

JRA
11-18-2007, 12:30 PM
1. I have never heard Dethklok

2. I am just giving you a hard time because you are blaspheming the mighty Floyd.

;)

I was just thinking how a mind in the gutter could interpret the original as an allegory for oral sex. :eyes:

Div
11-18-2007, 12:32 PM
So did some guys dress up like the cartoon characters of what?

es156
11-18-2007, 12:34 PM
I was just thinking how a mind in the gutter could interpret the original as an allegory for oral sex. :eyes:

I think that it is safe to say that you would know. :lol:

DethMaiden
11-18-2007, 12:35 PM
:lol: @ this thread. And Josh's sig.

And at the idea that a Dethklok tour exists. The show is funny, but c'mon...the music sucks balls.

pollyizz
11-18-2007, 02:18 PM
You do realize it's "eat your meat"? As in " How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?" Just wanted to make sure.

ChildrenofSodom
11-18-2007, 02:48 PM
:lol: @ this thread. And Josh's sig.

And at the idea that a Dethklok tour exists. The show is funny, but c'mon...the music sucks balls.

I listened to the whole CD yesterday and it really isnt bad. Better than what you hear on the show.

powerslave_85
11-18-2007, 03:45 PM
Dethklok rules :metal:

mankvill
11-18-2007, 04:20 PM
The concert was awesome. And Dethklok isn't a half-bad band. Their album has better metal on it than some of the shit to come out this year. :finger:

DarkTwilight
11-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Don't judge dethklok's music by the show. You should really pick up the Dethalbum, its better than many albums released this year by "real bands". The Dethalbum has very little filler, many memorable songs, such as Murmaider, Awaken Mustakrakish, the Fansong, Birthday Dethday, Thunderhorse, Hatredcopter, ect...

Honestly I think the Dethklok bashers are just random jackoffs who never heard the band before and dont think metal can be good cuz its in a cartoon.

JRA
11-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Don't judge dethklok's music by the show. You should really pick up the Dethalbum, its better than many albums released this year by "real bands". The Dethalbum has very little filler, many memorable songs, such as Murmaider, Awaken Mustakrakish, the Fansong, Birthday Dethday, Thunderhorse, Hatredcopter, ect...

Honestly I think the Dethklok bashers are just random jackoffs who never heard the band before and dont think metal can be good cuz its in a cartoon.

That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. If it wasn't a cartoon people wouldn't even give it the time of day.

By the way, wasn't this sort of thing already perfected by Spinal Tap years ago?

Div
11-18-2007, 04:44 PM
So did some guys dress up like the cartoon characters of what?

:confused:

mankvill
11-18-2007, 05:38 PM
:confused:

No, they came out and played in front of a screen behind them that had music videos go along with the music they played.

@neilpeartjr.: So are you saying Spinal Tap is a terrible thing that happened to heavy metal, or just singling out Dethklok because they're on a cartoon rather than a movie?

JRA
11-18-2007, 06:14 PM
No, they came out and played in front of a screen behind them that had music videos go along with the music they played.

@neilpeartjr.: So are you saying Spinal Tap is a terrible thing that happened to heavy metal, or just singling out Dethklok because they're on a cartoon rather than a movie?

What I'm saying is that its one thing if there's a there's an entity that pokes fun at music whether it be a movie or a cartoon, but for people to treat it like its an actual band...then that's where the stupidity comes in. Using a television show to become popular and then put out music? People buy this shit and then they wonder why Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan and High School Musical soundtracks are at the top of the charts. Its the same thing different genre.

By the way, if you are trying to get me to stop and think about what value the show has, you are wasting your time, so you might as well stop here.

ChildrenofSodom
11-18-2007, 06:27 PM
What I'm saying is that its one thing if there's a there's an entity that pokes fun at music whether it be a movie or a cartoon, but for people to treat it like its an actual band...then that's where the stupidity comes in. Using a television show to become popular and then put out music? People buy this shit and then they wonder why Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan and High School Musical soundtracks are at the top of the charts. Its the same thing different genre.

By the way, if you are trying to get me to stop and think about what value the show has, you are wasting your time, so you might as well stop here.

Yep. Dethklok is the same thing as High School Musical. You nailed it.

TonyD
11-18-2007, 07:17 PM
^Except Brendan Small is making real music, not something that is supposed to go on the $5 rack at wal-mart in 6 months.
Besides, Gene Hoglan, King Diamond and Nevermore aren't backing Hillary Duff and Lindsay Lohan.

powerslave_85
11-18-2007, 07:18 PM
What I'm saying is that its one thing if there's a there's an entity that pokes fun at music whether it be a movie or a cartoon, but for people to treat it like its an actual band...then that's where the stupidity comes in. Using a television show to become popular and then put out music? People buy this shit and then they wonder why Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan and High School Musical soundtracks are at the top of the charts. Its the same thing different genre.Now you're just being ridiculous.

JRA
11-18-2007, 07:37 PM
Now you're just being ridiculous.

How?

Slasherous
11-18-2007, 07:48 PM
why should it matter.....it really comes down to whether you like extreme metal or not. in this cause melodic death metal. Dethklok is this generations Spinal Tap and the Monkees, and as a diehard metal fan, i must say, these songs fucking rip. Brandon Small has one of the most unique death metal voices ever, even if its for a character. The guitaring is also great and catchy, plus i will use a quote from Murder-Face himself to d"so if a baseball player is a fat and hits a homerun its not a homerun, it has to be perfect?" to defend the whole notion that its fake so why should we care. Though i think it would been cooler if they had like five small screens set up, and the characters were displayed on them instead of just the dark omnious figures infront of the screen.

CoconutBackwards
11-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Thank you for posting this, I haven't seen setlists of what is being played anywhere on this tour.

Do you go to the University of Kansas?

I really don't like the fact that they made it a "students only" tour.

Did Brandon say anything about doing another tour?

ChildrenofSodom
11-18-2007, 08:56 PM
^Except Brendan Small is making real music, not something that is supposed to go on the $5 rack at wal-mart in 6 months.
Besides, Gene Hoglan, King Diamond and Nevermore aren't backing Hillary Duff and Lindsay Lohan.

Exactly.

mankvill
11-18-2007, 11:06 PM

Doing the SAME thing, with a movie, is okay though?

If I'm not mistaken, Spinal Tap put out records. Spinal Tap played shows.

;) You just hate because it's a cartoon and it's popular.

@CoconutBackwards: Yeah, I go to KU. The tour isn't student only, you just have to pick up a voucher from the venue beforehand. And no, didn't say anything about another tour. :(

hot_turkey_ed
11-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Comparing Dethlok to High School Musical.... Ssssss! :finger:

If people are having fun watching or listening to Dethlok, good for them. :)

overkiller
11-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Dethlok

A better name.

powerslave_85
11-19-2007, 12:41 PM
How?
Because you're taking a goofy cartoon waaaaaaaay too seriously.

DarkTwilight
11-19-2007, 04:08 PM
I think what neilpeartjr. is really trying to say is he'd rather listen to atreyu than Dethklok, since theres real people in atreyu, it must be "real metal"!

The show's funny, the music kicks ass, how is good metal that is also funny "the worst thing to happen to metal"?

mankvill
11-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Haha, I dunno man!