Problems
Holidays In The Sun
God Save The Queen
EMI
Bodies
Anarchy In The U.K.

powerslave_85
11-13-2007, 03:59 PM
Fucking washed up pathetic old men. Fuck these guys.

JRA
11-13-2007, 05:10 PM

Agreed.

wroed
11-15-2007, 12:34 AM

Don't sit on the fence :tongue:

jaysadler2
11-15-2007, 01:13 AM
I take it none of u guys are from the u.k then???

ravenheart
11-15-2007, 03:07 AM
I'm from the UK, and have to say I'm in complete agreement. They were shit when they started, they were shit in when they finished and they're even shittier now.

I can never decide where to put them in the most overrated rock bands of all time, but they're right up there in the top ten with Rolling Stones, Beatles, Ramones, RHCP, Def Leppard, SOAD, Foo Fighters, Nirvana and U2.

es156
11-15-2007, 04:33 AM
Don't sit on the fence :tongue:

:lol:

DethMaiden
11-15-2007, 05:05 AM
I can never decide where to put them in the most overrated rock bands of all time, but they're right up there in the top ten with Rolling Stones, Beatles, Ramones, RHCP, Def Leppard, SOAD, Foo Fighters, Nirvana and U2.

:nonono:

wroed
11-15-2007, 05:36 AM
They do seem to inspire extreme reactions but I guess that's the point. I do however think that, putting the whole punk thing to one side, Never Mind The Bollocks is simply an absolutely cracking rock album.

Other bands who obviously agree who have covered the Pistols: Motorhead, Megadeth, Anthrax, Overkill, Motley Crue, Guns'n' Roses, Velvet Revolver.

Yes they're now fat and 50, but it was a good fun night out. Ask Jimmy Page, he was there!

ravenheart
11-15-2007, 05:41 AM
Other bands who obviously agree who have covered the Pistols: Motorhead, Megadeth, Anthrax, Overkill, Motley Crue, Guns'n' Roses, Velvet Revolver.

And even they couldn't make the songs sound any good.

ravenheart
11-15-2007, 05:41 AM
:nonono:

Yeah, sorry, I know they're not really a rock band :tongue:

JRA
11-15-2007, 07:41 AM
And even they couldn't make the songs sound any good.

Now that is where you are wrong. Megadeth's "Anarchy" is pure fucking ownage!

sylpriest
11-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Growing up in England I have huge respect for the sex pistols. Love they're music and respect what they did.

zgodt
11-15-2007, 09:02 AM

I would dispute almost that entire list... except for the Sex Pistols.

But to me, the sad thing about this tour is not that their music isn't that good and never really was; it's that these guys were supposed to be the quintessential fuck-you, anti-authoritarian, anti-selfish-old-cunts-just-out-to-make-a-buck band... and the very fact of doing this high-profile, high-priced nostalgia tour proves they have become the very thing they were meant to oppose.

jaysadler2
11-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Sex pistols are respected here in U.K, im in agreement that they're probably crap now, but i still respect what they done.

In the seventies when the U.K was looking grim, they released a lot of energy and hate from the public, and allowed the u.k the progress forward.

I think its good that they decided to do a reunion, but it doesnt really interest me.

So many bands aren't as good as they were when they first started out, i.e motely crue, metallica, megadeth, police, motorhead etc. its a natural thing

At the end of the day, they're making there fans happy?!?!?!

:uk: