PDA

View Full Version : Behemoth -- San Francisco, CA -- October 29th, 2007

lakebod0m
10-30-2007, 12:29 PM
In order, complete. This band seriously kicks ass live. This was my 7th time seeing them and in no way was that disappointing. And I finally got the shirt that says Christians To The Lions on the back, haha.

Rome 64 C.E.
Slaying The Prophets Ov Isa
Antichristian Phenomenon
Demigod
Prometherion
Conquer All
Christgrinding Avenue
--Drum Solo--
Slaves Shall Serve
As Above So Below
Summoning of the Ancient Gods
Christians To The Lions
Decade of Therion
Chant For Ezkaton 2000

theWolfisLOOSE
10-30-2007, 05:35 PM
They do kick major ass live, but their set is always the same...

The least they could do is add some more new songs to the set, like Be Without Fear or Libertheme, I'd kill to see those live. Or even Towards Babylon...

Glad to see Slaves Shall Serve back on the list though.

DarkTwilight
10-30-2007, 08:42 PM
I saw them at Ozzfest and didn't remember what they played, but I'm just glad to see Christgrinding Avenue. That has to be their best song.

girnny777
10-31-2007, 03:48 AM
I really wish they would play more from Zos Kia Cultus besides As Above So Below or on occasion Horns Ov Baphomet. How about Blackest Ov The Black or Modern Iconoclasts?

JuuKun
10-31-2007, 11:31 AM
This is a disappointing setlist. I love Behemoth, so almost any of their setlists are good - but, this is their first real "headlining" tour of the U.S. (Even if they are co-headlining with JFAC). Why not make it better?

Where's "Pure Evil and Hate", which I hear they regularly play when headlining?

Oh, and by the way, are you sure that it wasn't "Summoning (Of The Ancient Ones)" that was played, instead of "Summoning of the Ancient Gods"?

They regularly play Summoning (Of The Ancient Ones). Actually, many of the videos on YouTube labeled Summoning Of The Ancient Gods, is Ancient Ones mislabeled. People seem to confuse them regularly - but they are different songs.

I'm glad to see Decade of Therion, when I first looked I didn't see it.

I'll probably be going to see this when it comes by in mid-November. I can't wait.

Next tour, they have to play At The Left Hand Ov God or Arcana Herticae, off The Apostasy.

EDIT:

...Wait, how long did they play for?

Because, I just added up those tracks.

Unless the drum solo was LONG, that can't possibly be complete. I did the math, and my calculations didn't even reach a full hour. Minus drum solo, it's roughly 50 minutes - definitely not enough for a headliner. I thought that set seemed a little short.

lakebod0m
10-31-2007, 12:08 PM
Yes I'm 100% sure this is the complete because I grabbed the setlist at the end. There were a lot of intros and breaks when they would switch guitars and whatnot too, so that's the only explanation. And yes it's Gods not Ones.

JuuKun
10-31-2007, 01:44 PM
Yes I'm 100% sure this is the complete because I grabbed the setlist at the end. There were a lot of intros and breaks when they would switch guitars and whatnot too, so that's the only explanation. And yes it's Gods not Ones.

Then how long did they play for?

I'm surprised they're playing Gods instead of Ones. Ones is pretty common, but I haven't heard the same thing about Gods.

EchoesOfDecimation
10-31-2007, 02:03 PM
For a headlining set it is slightly disapointing, but hopefully after the succuess fo this tour they can come back and actually have a good amount of time and play songs we'd like to hear. I mean, look how long it took for Amon Amarth to have the priveledge to play more than 30-40 minutes.

theWolfisLOOSE
10-31-2007, 05:04 PM
It's actually a bunch of BS, because as a headliner on a CO-headline tour, each headlining band's set gets compromised to some extent.

lakebod0m
10-31-2007, 05:33 PM

I'm surprised they're playing Gods instead of Ones. Ones is pretty common, but I haven't heard the same thing about Gods.

I don't know, I wasn't counting. About an hour and 10 minutes

Eunos
11-03-2007, 04:54 AM
Here the songs Gojira played in order-

Ocean Planet
Backbone
Remembrance
Clone
Flying Whales
The Heaviest Matter Of the Universe

Fucking killer show, hanging out with the guys from Gojira during Handjob for a Cowboy was great too :D

theWolfisLOOSE
11-03-2007, 03:54 PM

Lol they are the same song, just 'Gods' has an extended introduction

JuuKun
11-04-2007, 01:21 PM
Lol they are the same song, just 'Gods' has an extended introduction

Be that as it may...

Any time I've seen them play it (whether it be in person, or through videos), I've never seen the extended intro played.

So, I'm curious as to if the fact that it's labeled 'Gods' on the setlist, means they'll have the extended introduction. (Nergal usually announces it as 'Ones' from what I've seen, too)

lakebod0m
11-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Be that as it may...

Any time I've seen them play it (whether it be in person, or through videos), I've never seen the extended intro played.

So, I'm curious as to if the fact that it's labeled 'Gods' on the setlist, means they'll have the extended introduction. (Nergal usually announces it as 'Ones' from what I've seen, too)

There was indeed an intro played before..hence why I said it was Gods not Ones