PDA

View Full Version : Korn -- Seattle, WA -- October 27th, 2007

wavelength
10-28-2007, 12:08 AM
I just got back from the Korn show in Seattle tonight. I recorded the setlist. I was very disappointed that they played such a short set. Korn was a bit late getting on stage, then cut out the last 2 songs from their usual setlist.

Anyway, the show was overall a big disappointment because my expectations were so high. They left out so many classic Korn songs that I wanted to hear --Did My Time, Twist, Make Me Bad, Y'all Want a Single, Clown, Got The Life, Thoughtless, ADIDAS, Right Now, Shoots & Ladders, Divine, Politics, Hypocrite. Hope they switch the setlist up next time they come to Seattle.

KORN (w/ Five Finger Death Punch, Droid)
The “Bitch We Have A Problem” Tour
WaMu Theater, Seattle, WA
October 27, 2007

01. Intro
02. Here to Stay
03. Fake
04. Starting Over
05. Dead Bodies Everywhere
06. Hold On
07. Kiss
08. Coming Undone
09. Falling Away From Me
10. Faget
11. Trash

[Encore]
12. Twisted Transistor
13. Evolution
14. Freak On A Leash
15. Blind

Dead_skin_mask
10-30-2007, 03:55 PM
I think thats a pretty damn good setlist! Yeah ok it could have been longer, and there are some classics missing as you mentioned such as Shoots and ladders, Got the life and A.D.I.D.A.S. But you have to appreciate that they are touring their new album, so 4 new songs isn't exactly outrageous.

Plus you got to hear fake, trash, faget and dead bodies everywhere - not songs that you would hear every time you see KoRn, and I think it's great that they do this each tour. (For example greatest hits tour - Dirty, 4 U. And their last tour, we got Good God and Divine). It's songs like this that I'd happily hear rather than Here to stay, twisted transistor, coming undone etc.

Also, I'd hardly call Twist, Divine, Politics and Hypocrites 'classic KoRn songs'.

wavelength
10-31-2007, 10:29 AM
I agree that Politics and Hypocrites are not "classic" Korn songs. The others I listed are classic stuff in my opinion.

I think Korn just can't get away with playing a 15 song set. Their catalog is too big and fan expectations of them are too high.

When you look at the setlist above, consider the fact that entire albums are left off of the set. Not a single song from "Take A Look In The Mirror"? Not a single song from "Life is Peachy"?

Korn has enormous potential. I will definitely catch their show again when they come back to Seattle. I'm not knocking the band. Any band that utilizes a chrome microphone stand designed by HR Giger --complete with perky chrome nipples-- is obviously doing something right.

I just wanted to hear those quintessential Korn songs that you expect everytime you see them, rather than mediocre tracks off the new album such as "Kiss".

Fe Maiden
10-31-2007, 11:06 AM
When you look at the setlist above, consider the fact that entire albums are left off of the set.I know of some other very famous dear to my heart band that does that quite a lot!

Dead_skin_mask
11-02-2007, 02:17 PM
I agree that Politics and Hypocrites are not "classic" Korn songs. The others I listed are classic stuff in my opinion.

I think Korn just can't get away with playing a 15 song set. Their catalog is too big and fan expectations of them are too high.

When you look at the setlist above, consider the fact that entire albums are left off of the set. Not a single song from "Take A Look In The Mirror"? Not a single song from "Life is Peachy"?

Korn has enormous potential. I will definitely catch their show again when they come back to Seattle. I'm not knocking the band. Any band that utilizes a chrome microphone stand designed by HR Giger --complete with perky chrome nipples-- is obviously doing something right.

I just wanted to hear those quintessential Korn songs that you expect everytime you see them, rather than mediocre tracks off the new album such as "Kiss".

Indeed 2 very decent albums that they have ignored. It would be great to hear songs like No place to hide, kill you, I'm done and break some off!

I absolutely love this band and will see them every time they come to the UK, but for me they very rarely cut it live (I have only been blown away once).

I suppose it also depends on how many times you've seen them and how big a fan you are. KoRn isn't the best example for this particular forum, but if I use Iron Maiden as an example instead, yeah first time I saw them I wanted to hear run to the hills, hallowed, trooper, number of the beast etc. But now 5 gigs on I could care less about those songs, and instead dream about afraid to shoot strangers, blood brothers, sign of the cross, seventh son etc. And this is how I feel with KoRn.

And yes I agree, 'kiss' is a very mediocre song (as is the album in general).