PDA

View Full Version : HEAVEN AND HELL To Record Studio Album in 2008

DethMaiden
10-26-2007, 08:17 PM
Link (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=83569)

This is gonna be more than likely mediocre. None of the Dio Years songs were very good and the guys haven't made anything great since the early to mid 1980s.

But we'll see.

ADD
10-26-2007, 09:24 PM
This means more shows!!! :party:

es156
10-26-2007, 09:40 PM
This means more shows!!! :party:

That is exactly what I was thinking! This is excellent news.

:cool:

Maiden33
10-26-2007, 10:37 PM
I completely saw this coming. I think it was obvious when you watch the Heaven and Hell DVD that those 4 guys really loved playing together again and that it would probably go somewhere.

But Brad, you are mistaken on two counts.

1.The new songs were quite good I thought. "The Devil Cried" was pretty mediocre, but I think "Ear in the Wall" and "Shadow of the Wind" were quite good.
and
2.Sabbath released a handful of great albums post-Dio era. The Tony Martin era albums are far too overlooked for how good they are. TYR and The Headless Cross are remarkable albums IMO.

Human_Metal
10-27-2007, 03:50 AM
What about Dio's plan about writing Magica part 2 and 3? Damn, i really would like him to do that instead next year.

metal_man1019
10-27-2007, 05:22 AM
I thought the new songs were pretty well done so im just stoked about this:party:

DethMaiden
10-27-2007, 07:49 AM
What about Dio's plan about writing Magica part 2 and 3? Damn, i really would like him to do that instead next year.

As dull as Magica is, there is no reason for you to want that.

DethMaiden
10-27-2007, 07:49 AM
I completely saw this coming. I think it was obvious when you watch the Heaven and Hell DVD that those 4 guys really loved playing together again and that it would probably go somewhere.

But Brad, you are mistaken on two counts.

1.The new songs were quite good I thought. "The Devil Cried" was pretty mediocre, but I think "Ear in the Wall" and "Shadow of the Wind" were quite good.
and
2.Sabbath released a handful of great albums post-Dio era. The Tony Martin era albums are far too overlooked for how good they are. TYR and The Headless Cross are remarkable albums IMO.

I'm only interested because it means more shows. This is a major cash grab and will likely tarnish their legacy. You don't release three basically classic albums and then come back when you're old and rewrite those songs with different chord progressions and lyrics.

JRA
10-27-2007, 08:13 AM

If you consider Tony Iommi going from writing groundbreaking heavy music to mediocre 80's rock remarkable. :hecho:

Fe Maiden
10-27-2007, 08:38 AM
None of the Dio Years songs were very good :confused::hecho:

DethMaiden
10-27-2007, 08:42 AM
:confused::hecho:

I meant the three on the hits collection, not the entire Dio Sabbath catalogue...

Fe Maiden
10-27-2007, 08:43 AM
I meant the three on the hits collection, not the entire Dio Sabbath catalogue...Ah, well that is very different!;)

DethMaiden
10-27-2007, 08:44 AM
Ah, well that is very different!;)

:D Yeah, the three albums he did with them are terrific.

ADD
10-27-2007, 11:58 AM
I'm only interested because it means more shows. This is a major cash grab and will likely tarnish their legacy. You don't release three basically classic albums and then come back when you're old and rewrite those songs with different chord progressions and lyrics.

Tarnish their legacy? It's not like "Dehumanizer" was an undisputed classic :tp: Most people don't like it.

JRA
10-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Tarnish their legacy? It's not like "Dehumanizer" was an undisputed classic :tp: Most people don't like it.

Actually Scientific Posdenous Theory #4080 clearly states that not only is Dehumanizer the best Dio Sabbath album, it also states those people are all fucking idiots. :D

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-27-2007, 02:17 PM

It's my least favorite Dio/Sabbath album.

SomewhereInTime72
10-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Whatever, more touring is good. :D And who knows, maybe the album will turn out cool too. :cool:

EvilCheeseWedge
10-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Why? Is somebody out of money or something?

...at least do better then "When The Devil Cried."

Please.

Maiden33
10-29-2007, 06:50 AM

Touring is the last thing I'm concerned about. As awesome as the DVD is, I still am not really itching to see it live for myself, as the show would likely be boring as all fuck unless you were right up front.

And "tarnishing their legacy" is irrelevent. There really is no such thing as a Black Sabbath legacy at this point. Just about every one who liked some erao of their career hates another, so just about everyone will claim that this has already been done at some point in the past.

To me, there's no downside to this. If it wasn't happening, this would be our options:
1.Another Dio solo album, which based on most of his later releases, I really don't care about.
or
2.Tony and Geezer get back together with Ozzy and do 5 more years of forgetable Ozzfest tours and either never record together again or record a disgraceful album.

Those options in mind, I don't care if they get back together and do an album, because even if it's mediocre, it's still fairly good and enjoyable new music.

Maiden33
10-29-2007, 06:54 AM
Ah, well that is very different!;)

Yeah, he would be making a far more rediculously silly statement than usual claiming that.
It's undeniable that Dio Sabbath created 3 or 4 of the best classic metal songs ever written.

ravenheart
10-29-2007, 07:12 AM
Link (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=83569)

This is gonna be more than likely mediocre. None of the Dio Years songs were very good and the guys haven't made anything great since the early to mid 1980s.

But we'll see.

Nonsense, nonsense and, erm, nonsense...

All of Iommi's albums have been great, all the Sabbath albums have been great and the Dio years tracks were great. Dio has made several great albums in that time and even Geezer's albums have been fairly good. This is going to be immense.

As dull as Magica is, there is no reason for you to want that.

Again with the nonsense ;)

Magica was excellent. I too am very much looking forward to the old man getting round to parts 2 and 3.

Are you sure you listen to the right music? Perhaps you're a Limp Bizkit fan, really? ;)

And every single one of them is wrong.

Maiden33
10-29-2007, 07:31 AM

All of Iommi's albums have been great, all the Sabbath albums have been great and the Dio years tracks were great. Dio has made several great albums in that time and even Geezer's albums have been fairly good. This is going to be immense.

Magica was excellent. I too am very much looking forward to the old man getting round to parts 2 and 3.

Are you sure you listen to the right music? Perhaps you're a Limp Bizkit fan, really? ;)

Thank You. :party:

metal_man1019
10-29-2007, 11:11 AM

:party:

DethMaiden
10-29-2007, 06:19 PM

What a ridiculous fanboy you are to all things "classic". Just because Dio puts his seal on it doesn't make it golden.

JRA
10-29-2007, 06:55 PM
What a ridiculous fanboy you are to all things "classic". Just because Dio puts his seal on it doesn't make it golden.

Case in point: Walk Away.

:hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho::hecho::hecho::hecho::hecho::hecho::ass:

EvilCheeseWedge
10-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Just because Dio puts his seal on it doesn't make it golden.

Correct!