PDA

View Full Version : IRON MAIDEN: TV Commercial For Australian Tour Posted Online

es156
09-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Source: Blabbermouth (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=81198)

Far beyond stoked for this tour!

:party:

Fe Maiden
09-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Far beyond stoked for this tour!
I know I certainly am! I believe this will indeed even surpass the awesomeness (is that a word?) of the World Slavery Tour which was very awesome!

Maiden33
09-27-2007, 07:03 AM
I'm quite excited, though I'm sure Maiden will screw us with the set list as usual. If they exploited this to it's fullest potential it'd be the greatest thing on earth. The problem is I'm sure it's gonna the predictable 3 songs off Powerslave, 2 songs off SIT, and 3 songs off Seventh Son.

Fe Maiden
09-27-2007, 08:45 AM
I'm quite excited, though I'm sure Maiden will screw us with the set list as usual. If they exploited this to it's fullest potential it'd be the greatest thing on earth. The problem is I'm sure it's gonna the predictable 3 songs off Powerslave, 2 songs off SIT, and 3 songs off Seventh Son.However, when the songs include Aces High and ROTAM I see know problem whatsoever!!! If they also included Where Eagles Dare and CSIT all in the same set I'd be in heaven!!!!

DethMaiden
09-27-2007, 12:50 PM
awesomeness (is that a word?)

I don't know, aren't you a teacher?

:eyes:

Fe Maiden
09-27-2007, 01:30 PM
I don't know, aren't you a teacher?

:eyes:Yes, but not an English teacher:D

Maiden33
09-28-2007, 08:30 PM
However, when the songs include Aces High and ROTAM I see know problem whatsoever!!! If they also included Where Eagles Dare and CSIT all in the same set I'd be in heaven!!!!

Well I wouldn't count on hearing Aces High. I know there was that blurb from Rod in the announcement, but I really think he's just pulling our leg.
I predict:

2 Minutes to Midnight, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Powerslave, Wasted Years, Heaven Can Wait, Can I Play With Madness, The Clairvoyant, The Evil That Men Do, and a whole bunch of the same stupid staples I could care less about at this point.

powerslave_85
09-28-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm not sure I'd want to hear Bruce attempt Aces High at this point anyways.

zgodt
09-28-2007, 09:28 PM
Yes, but not an English teacher:D

I'll allow it. :)

Fe Maiden
09-29-2007, 07:20 AM
I'll allow it. :)Thanks;)

Maiden33
09-29-2007, 08:00 PM
I'm not sure I'd want to hear Bruce attempt Aces High at this point anyways.

Thank you, this is something I've been saying for a while now. It's a great song but frankly Bruce couldn't really sing it that well back on Live After Death... now it would just be bad.

Fe Maiden
10-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Thank you, this is something I've been saying for a while now. It's a great song but frankly Bruce couldn't really sing it that well back on Live After Death... now it would just be bad.Even if they did Aces High as an instrumental, I'd be happy. That's the good stuff about the song anyway:eyes:

jeremysaal
10-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Thank you, this is something I've been saying for a while now. It's a great song but frankly Bruce couldn't really sing it that well back on Live After Death... now it would just be bad.

I heard Aces High live in 1985 and it was one of the best songs that I have ever heard Bruce sing. He hit the notes perfectly. I've seen Maiden many times, but nothing has compared to hearing that song, right after Churchill's Speech. If they do Aces High on this tour, I guarantee you guys will just shit, because it will sound awesome!

I would imagine that he became sick of this song back in the 80s and didn't give it 100%, every show. (similar to Can I Play With Madness on Death on the Road).

metal_man1019
10-03-2007, 06:15 AM
I saw em on the Ed Hunter tour and Aces High sounded so fucking good ,waaay better than on Live After Death.

jeremysaal
10-03-2007, 07:06 AM
I saw em on the Ed Hunter tour and Aces High sounded so fucking good ,waaay better than on Live After Death.

I bet! Live After Death is one of my favorite recordings, but I agree that Aces High could have been much better.

Back then, the World Slavery Tour was a massive tour that hit so many cities, night after night. I would imagine that Bruce's vocal cords took a beating by the time that they played Long Beach. Regardless, when I saw them June 21st, 1985, in Madison, WI, they were absolutely perfect!