PDA

View Full Version : It's Official: LED ZEPPELIN To Reunite For London Concert

es156
09-12-2007, 07:46 AM
Source: Blabbermouth (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=80597)

The surviving members of LED ZEPPELIN have confirmed they will reform for a special show at London's 22,000-capacity O2 arena on Monday, November 26 as part of a tribute to Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet Ertegun, who died last December.

Tickets cost 125 each (approximately $254) and will be allocated on a lottery basis through the AhmetTribute.com web site. Names will be chosen at random. There will be seating and standing tickets and fans will be able to express a preference at the web site.

Due to expected unprecedented demand, tickets will be limited to two per successful applicants per household.

Tickets will not be available from any other source. Please do not take adverts or publicise any company who claims to have tickets. They will not be given any.

Profits will benefit the Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund, which provides scholarships to universities in the United States, United Kingdom and Ertegun's homeland, Turkey.

The bill also includes PETE TOWNSHEND, BILL WYMAN & THE RHYTHM KINGS, FOREIGNER and PAOLO NUTINI.

Founding members Jimmy Page (guitar), Robert Plant (vocals) and John Paul Jones (bass) will be joined by Jason Bonham, son of the late John Bonham, on drums.

Fe Maiden
09-12-2007, 08:17 AM
This like a dream come true except it is not in my local area:hmm:

SomewhereInTime72
09-12-2007, 08:21 AM
COME TO NEW YORK.

PowerMaiden
09-12-2007, 08:21 AM
almost as exciting news as the Somewhere Back In Time tour announcement

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

ravenheart
09-12-2007, 08:23 AM
See, told ya ;)

I'm not paying £125 for anyone though. I don't care who it is. So that's me out.

SirLardsAlot
09-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Unless Fergie somehow makes the bill, I'm not going.

Div
09-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Well this isn't really a tour, its just one show, plus Plant can't sing anymore.

metal_man1019
09-12-2007, 12:48 PM
See, told ya ;)

I'm not paying £125 for anyone though. I don't care who it is. So that's me out.

Yah u were right and i agree with u,250$ is bloody ridiculous even for Zeppelin man,but still have Somwhere Back In Time to look foward to,and The Ozzman and Rob Zombie are also coming.

es156
09-12-2007, 02:58 PM
almost as exciting news as the Somewhere Back In Time tour announcement

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

:fist:

ravenheart
09-13-2007, 12:27 AM
still have Somwhere Back In Time to look foward to,and The Ozzman and Rob Zombie are also coming.

Maybe. If Maiden do what they did last time and just play ridiculously huge venues in one hit instead of playing real shows then I'm not hitting that one either.

My fingers are firmly crossed that they get a headlining slot at Sweden Rock. They're long overdue to appear at that one.

theclansman1114
09-13-2007, 08:59 AM
Led Zeppelin = most overrated band on the planet

Fe Maiden
09-13-2007, 09:49 AM
Led Zeppelin = most overrated band on the planet:tp:

ravenheart
09-13-2007, 11:12 AM
Led Zeppelin = most overrated band on the planet

Not true. The Beatles have that crown.

ADD
09-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Not true. The Beatles have that crown.

I'd say The Rolling Stones. I can see where people love/appreciate the Beatles.

SirLardsAlot
09-13-2007, 03:44 PM
Fuck Zeppelin, the Beatles, and the Stones.

JRA
09-13-2007, 04:49 PM
I like all three, but I can also see why there is the backlash against those artists. Mainly because they're worshipped by uninformed baby boomer nonsense like Rolling Stone magazine because when that age group was young those bands were constantly shit upon by the "clean white bread 50's" mentality. Therefore, that generation made it their mission to champion those bands and shit upon everything else that came after it.

Div
09-13-2007, 05:32 PM
You can thank the radio stations for ruining 70s rock. They all must have like the same mix cd that they just loop over and over again inbetween commercials. I mean Pink Floyd did make other songs besides Another Brick in The Wall pt 2.

DethMaiden
09-13-2007, 05:38 PM
The Stones are the worst of the three you guys seem to hate but all are good bands.

ADD
09-13-2007, 05:56 PM
Led Zeppelin are one of my favorites bands, I greatly respect but don't listen to The Beatles, and I strongly hate the Rolling Stones.

NOW YOU KNOW.

JRA
09-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Led Zeppelin are one of my favorites bands, I greatly respect but don't listen to The Beatles, and I strongly hate the Rolling Stones.

NOW YOU KNOW.

Strongly hate? :lol:

DethMaiden
09-13-2007, 06:12 PM
DID YOU KNOW THAT?

http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~feliciano/Bill%20Nye.jpg

NOW YOU KNOW.

Div
09-13-2007, 07:35 PM
I don't see what's so great about the Stones either. Just because they're a household name everyone thinks that makes them good. Anytime I ask someone they just say "because theyre the stonnnnnnnnnnnnes maaaaaaan".

Hell, one time I was in a store with my friend and they had the stones playing and all it was was a guy going "whoo whoo" over and over. I say "this music is so annoying" and some random teenager in a plad shirt and suspenders goes "hey you watch your mouth thats the rolling stones!" and then my friend who doesnt even listen to music goes "omg you dont like the rolling stones!?"

:hecho:

JRA
09-13-2007, 07:46 PM
I don't see what's so great about the Stones either. Just because they're a household name everyone thinks that makes them good. Anytime I ask someone they just say "because theyre the stonnnnnnnnnnnnes maaaaaaan".

Hell, one time I was in a store with my friend and they had the stones playing and all it was was a guy going "whoo whoo" over and over. I say "this music is so annoying" and some random teenager in a plad shirt and suspenders goes "hey you watch your mouth thats the rolling stones!" and then my friend who doesnt even listen to music goes "omg you dont like the rolling stones!?"

:lol: Ahh, "Sympathy"

The Stones wrote some fun and catchy songs, and they rocked harder than the Beatles, but those are the only endorsements I can give them.

hot_turkey_ed
09-13-2007, 08:23 PM

You should think about the Rolling Stones in the context of their times -- the British Invasion -- rather than the Rolling Bones they are now. That's what makes them a big deal.

That said, I don't really give a shit about them either. :cool:

ravenheart
09-14-2007, 12:23 AM
I don't see what's so great about the Stones either.

Agreed.

ravenheart
09-14-2007, 12:25 AM
I like all three, but I can also see why there is the backlash against those artists. Mainly because they're worshipped by uninformed baby boomer nonsense like Rolling Stone magazine because when that age group was young those bands were constantly shit upon by the "clean white bread 50's" mentality. Therefore, that generation made it their mission to champion those bands and shit upon everything else that came after it.

For me it's not so much any kind of "they're so popular I must hate them" backlash. I honestly think the Beatles were awful. The Stones too. LZ I like, but I'm just not going to pay 125 for anyone, them included.

JRA
09-14-2007, 05:09 AM
Getting back on topic, I think Zeppelin waited a little too long to do this reunion. Like Div said, there's no way that Robert Plant can hit those high notes anymore, and I have no idea what effect age has had on Jones and Pagey's playing. and $250? Fuck that shit. I'll just go see that Zoso tribute band again when they roll around in a couple of weeks...for free.

DethMaiden
09-14-2007, 10:56 AM
then my friend who doesnt even listen to music goes "omg you dont like the rolling stones!?"

There are people who don't listen to music? :eek:

metal_man1019
09-14-2007, 12:16 PM

NOW YOU KNOW.

Thats exactly how I feel, and any1 who says Zepp are overated has no clue what they are talking about

Div
09-15-2007, 07:12 PM
If I pay $250 to see a band live they better do some crazy shit like go "this is our last gig ever" and then decapitate themselves or something.

Fe Maiden
09-28-2007, 08:13 AM
If I pay $250 to see a band live they better do some crazy shit like go "this is our last gig ever" and then decapitate themselves or something.Well that is looking close to being the truth now:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=81676