The Clairvoyant
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
The Number Of The Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Iron Maiden
Run To The Hills
2 Minutes To Midnight
Running Free

This show was probably number two on my favorite concerts that I have attended. It was my second time seeing Maiden, with my first time being the World Slavery Tour back in 1985 (my number one show). I would do anything to go back to this night. Even sacrifice a couple of goats!

es156
09-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Thank you! Awesome set list. I can't believe that I missed this tour.

:mad:

jeremysaal
09-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Thank you! Awesome set list. I can't believe that I missed this tour.

:mad:

Hopefully, we will get plenty of these songs next year. Besides, you have caught more Maiden tours than anyone I know! Punk!

I was just thinking, though this show (1988 tour) was awesome, I think that I enjoyed the "A Matter of Life and Death" tour that we went to more.

Lets hope that we get the rail again next time!

:rocker:

SomewhereInTime72
09-06-2007, 08:08 PM
I would wet myself if I saw this show.

jeremysaal
09-06-2007, 08:14 PM
I would wet myself if I saw this show.

LOL! I probably came close to doing that there!

es156
09-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Hopefully, we will get plenty of these songs next year. Besides, you have caught more Maiden tours than anyone I know! Punk!

I was just thinking, though this show (1988 tour) was awesome, I think that I enjoyed the "A Matter of Life and Death" tour that we went to more.

Lets hope that we get the rail again next time!

:rocker:

My first Maiden show was No Prayer. Your first 2 Maiden shows were Powerslave and Seventh Son. No comparison there.

And yes, the AMOLAD tour was beyond awesome. Definitely top 5 for me. We will have to really work it to get the rail again for the show next year. It will be interesting to see what venues they play in the States.

jeremysaal
09-06-2007, 08:35 PM
My first Maiden show was No Prayer. Your first 2 Maiden shows were Powerslave and Seventh Son. No comparison there.

And yes, the AMOLAD tour was beyond awesome. Definitely top 5 for me. We will have to really work it to get the rail again for the show next year. It will be interesting to see what venues they play in the States.

I was fortunate enought to be at those two shows (at 12 and 15 years of age!). There will never be another tour like Powerslave (World Slavery Tour), but I'm betting that this next tour will be the next best thing.

We will find a way to get that rail again! If not, then we will just fly to the next show and get it there! Our women will have to understand!

I have an addition here. Maiden sure as hell better play The Clairvoyant on this next tour! I have to hear this one live again!

:light:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
09-06-2007, 09:43 PM
unless my memory has failed me, I think Frehley's Comet opened when I saw them on that tour.

my first Maiden show was Somewhere on Tour, January of 1987.

then:

SSOASS Tour 88
FOTD Tour 92
Virtual Tour 98
Ed Huntour 99
BNW Tour 00
DOD Tour 03

they haven't played Dallas since. :mad:

es156
09-06-2007, 09:57 PM
unless my memory has failed me, I think Frehley's Comet opened when I saw them on that tour.

then:

SSOASS Tour 88
FOTD Tour 92
Virtual Tour 98
Ed Huntour 99
BNW Tour 00
DOD Tour 03

Excellent!

jeremysaal
09-07-2007, 08:22 AM

then:

SSOASS Tour 88
FOTD Tour 92
Virtual Tour 98
Ed Huntour 99
BNW Tour 00
DOD Tour 03

they haven't played Dallas since. :mad:

Very nice! I would love to see a set list from the Somewhere on Tour show that you attended. I wasn't happy about missing that tour! Hopefully, you will get a Dallas show next year. If not, you might want to think about a flight/road trip. If they don't hit Chicago, St. Louis, or Indy, we will definitely be doing that.

Man, I would totally take Frehley's Comet over Guns N' Roses! It looks like you were lucky too!

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
09-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Hopefully, you will get a Dallas show next year. If not, you might want to think about a flight/road trip. If they don't hit Chicago, St. Louis, or Indy, we will definitely be doing that.

thanks!

I hope they won't skip Dallas 3 times in a row. They skipped out on the Ozzfest before it hit Texas and they totally skipped us on the AMOLAD tour. :mad:

Texas has always supported metal music and Iron Maiden.

TonyD
09-10-2007, 10:24 PM
they completely skipped northern california for the AMOLAD tour, but I caught Ozzfest which was cool, all early stuff, only no powerslave

I actually saw a tribute band that played an awesome 2 hour set, including Rime of the Ancient Mariner
and even though I despise the game, their singer that I know did the Maiden track on Guitar Hero 2

jeremysaal
09-11-2007, 08:19 PM
they completely skipped northern california for the AMOLAD tour, but I caught Ozzfest which was cool, all early stuff, only no powerslave

I actually saw a tribute band that played an awesome 2 hour set, including Rime of the Ancient Mariner
and even though I despise the game, their singer that I know did the Maiden track on Guitar Hero 2

The AMOLAD tour kicked ass! We held the rail on that show, which made it one of my favorites.

I heard Rime of the Ancient Mariner on the World Slavery Tour. That was the tour of a lifetime. I would love to hear it live again!

:powerslav

Whatever Rocks
09-21-2007, 05:02 AM
You are right, it was Frehley's Comet for at least one leg of that tour. Definitely a great night from my youth...