PDA

View Full Version : Megadeth -- East Troy, WI -- June 25th, 1988

jeremysaal
09-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Since Megadeth is apparently regurgitating the same set from the past year, I thought that I would share the set list from my first Megadeth show, back in 1988, just so you can see what a quality show they used to play. This show kicked ass! In addition, they were the opening act for Maiden's Seventh Tour of a Seventh tour!

Headliner: Iron Maiden
Venue: Alpine Valley
Date: 6/25/1988

Wake Up Dead
Set The World Afire
Hook In Mouth
The Conjuring
In My Darkest Hour
Devil's Island
These Boots
Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?
Anarchy In The U.S.A.

I'll be attending this tour as well, but I sure as hell wish that they were playing some of their older material.

JRA
09-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Wake Up Dead
Set The World Afire
Hook In Mouth
The Conjuring
In My Darkest Hour
Devil's Island
These Boots
Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?
Anarchy In The U.S.A.

I'll be attending this tour as well, but I sure as hell wish that they were playing some of their older material.

Damn, even back then Dave never bothered with Killing Is My Business (These Boots doesn't count)!

Still though, that's a badass story, jeremy!:rocker:

JRA
09-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Pavo made Jeremy's AND my post its own thread. :lol:

hot_turkey_ed
09-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Pavo made Jeremy's AND my post its own thread. :lol:

Not me... he opened a new thread for this one.

jeremysaal
09-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Damn, even back then Dave never bothered with Killing Is My Business (These Boots doesn't count)!

Still though, that's a badass story, jeremy!:rocker:

Thanks Neil!

I agree on Killing Is My Business. I could have done without These Boots...Oh well. I was in my mid-teens then and was very pleased to be there.

We bought the tickets just to see Maiden again. Guns N' Roses was the original opening act when we purchased the tickets, but they had to back out due to Axl getting laryngitis. Megadeth filled in for a week or so. That was a dream come true for a middle-class white boy!

:metal:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
09-05-2007, 06:48 PM
first time I saw Megadeth, they and Savatage were opening for Dio on the 1987 Dream Evil tour.

:rocker:

JRA
09-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Thanks Neil!

I agree on Killing Is My Business. I could have done without These Boots...Oh well. I was in my mid-teens then and was very pleased to be there.

We bought the tickets just to see Maiden again. Guns N' Roses was the original opening act when we purchased the tickets, but they had to back out due to Axl getting laryngitis. Megadeth filled in for a week or so. That was a dream come true for a middle-class white boy!

:metal:

There's something about Axl's laryngitis making a dream come true being very hilarious.

jeremysaal
09-05-2007, 06:53 PM
first time I saw Megadeth, they and Savatage were opening for Dio on the 1987 Dream Evil tour.

:rocker:

Awesome! That had to have been a kick ass show!

I'm ready for another Dio solo tour. I'm looking forward to seeing Heaven and Hell again next month, but I am so ready for some classic Dio!

JRA
09-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Awesome! That had to have been a kick ass show!

I'm ready for another Dio solo tour. I'm looking forward to seeing Heaven and Hell again next month, but I am so ready for some classic Dio!

He'll probably keep the Sabbath stuff to a minimum, too, which can only mean one thing: lots and lots of Rainbow!

jeremysaal
09-05-2007, 06:59 PM
There's something about Axl's laryngitis making a dream come true being very hilarious.

That is so true! I am just fortunate enough to have missed that set.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
09-05-2007, 07:00 PM
He'll probably keep the Sabbath stuff to a minimum, too, which can only mean one thing: lots and lots of Rainbow!

I'd kill to see Dio do an all Rainbow songs Tour. Maybe throw in some songs off the first 2 Dio albums as well. :drool:

jeremysaal
09-05-2007, 07:04 PM

I'd kill to see Dio do an all Rainbow songs Tour. Maybe throw in some songs off the first 2 Dio albums as well. :drool:

:fist:

es156
09-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Now, where is the Maiden set list from this show?

jeremysaal
09-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Now, where is the Maiden set list from this show?

Good point! I'll post that one soon in a new thread.

es156
09-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Good point! I'll post that one soon in a new thread.

Thank you, sir.

:)

jeremysaal
09-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Thank you, sir.

:)

You got it my brotha!

:D