PDA

View Full Version : EvilCheeseWedge: Banned

EvilCheeseWedge
08-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Well, not from here at any rate, but on a board I used to moderate :lol: I was kind of amused by the whole thing and feel the distinct need to vent about it now (so Ed or anybody else, if you see this thread later and don't like it, feel free to nuke it) - but I have an honest question for you all here: Now, I'm well aware that especially when it comes to Iron Maiden I'm a real prick to argue with. But overall, what would you say? Especially with me as a moderator... you never thought I'd ban you by arguing right? You ever feel like I'm arguing with you to just piss you off (and to do so seriously, not in jest.) I'm asking seriously, because I don't feel that I do. Again, like I said I have/can be a real prick about Maiden (although, I don't think so anymore :) ) but even then I don't think I've ever maliciously thought, "Uh oh so-and-so is saying some positive about Maiden... DESTROY HIM!"

Of course, I was banned from a Queensryche board, for, you know... liking Queensryche :lol: But if you want to know a great place to discuss Kiss II (Queensryche) PM me and I'll tell you where you can find the Kool Aid :lol:

Oh, and just as another question, do any of you post on the board in question (Breakdown Room)? The admin nuked my contact information, as I was hoping Id still be able to catch up with a few folks from there.

DethMaiden
08-28-2007, 05:24 PM
You're not worth banning.

In a good way :bliss:

EvilCheeseWedge
08-28-2007, 05:25 PM
You're not worth banning.

In a good way :bliss:

:lol:

Thanks ;)

JRA
08-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Memory Lane:

In a fit of rage against being confronted with the age old "LOL IRON MAIDEN PLAY C G E OVER AND OVER AGAIN!", I told ECW I would shit down his throat. I got banned, but I think everybody had a good laugh (including him!)

(BTW, I still think the C G E thing is nonsense and haven't noticed it to this day. And that's coming from someone who can pick out when a band is downtuning their stuff live)

powerslave_85
08-28-2007, 05:58 PM
You're not even close to being the biggest jerk here, so don't worry about it ;)

EvilCheeseWedge
08-28-2007, 06:05 PM
Memory Lane:

In a fit of rage against being confronted with the age old "LOL IRON MAIDEN PLAY C G E OVER AND OVER AGAIN!", I told ECW I would shit down his throat. I got banned, but I think everybody had a good laugh (including him!)

(BTW, I still think the C G E thing is nonsense and haven't noticed it to this day. And that's coming from someone who can pick out when a band is downtuning their stuff live)

:lol: Yeah, as far as I'm concerned that wasn't serious... just a bunch of angry metal nerds.

No, I admit... you're right on that one. That is totally a good call on your part. In fact, to continue to disagree with you would be hypocritical, as I've realized I have my own favored patterns that happened without me paying attention, and I don't think the songs are worse for it ;)

EvilCheeseWedge
08-28-2007, 06:05 PM
You're not even close to being the biggest jerk here, so don't worry about it ;)

es156
08-28-2007, 06:09 PM

:eyes:

Maybe we should have a poll?

DethMaiden
08-28-2007, 06:11 PM

I vote for Brady :allan: ;)

overkiller
08-28-2007, 06:13 PM

YES! I knew it would come to this :lol: :lol:

EvilCheeseWedge
08-28-2007, 06:15 PM

I thought about it!

Maybe we should.

es156
08-28-2007, 06:18 PM

I thought about it!

Maybe we should.

Winner gets banned. We do it again every couple of months. Kind of like house-cleaning.

overkiller
08-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Winner gets banned. We do it again every couple of months. Kind of like house-cleaning.

We don't have enough members to do that, durr.

Besides, we all know it'd be me or Addi. Or Maiden33, that elitist power metal fuck.

:D

JRA
08-28-2007, 07:03 PM

There's a difference between jerk's and assholes though. (and unless I mistaken somebody said Brady was a self proclaimed asshole) Jerk's just aren't funny, they're mean people.

Assholes on the other hand: RELIGION + LOL WUT = comedic gold.

ADD
08-28-2007, 07:08 PM

EvilCheeseWedge
08-28-2007, 07:10 PM

Yeah I've been a prick to you about Maiden before, sorry :(

JRA
08-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Here's something I've never understood. Back in 2005 when Bruce was complaining about America, you didn't seem to be too happy about it.

1) Doesn't being a fan of Operation: Mindcrime require you to think that something is seriously wrong with this country?

2) Even if it didn't, come on, you seem smart enough to be able to recognize the fact that the conglomorates here have way too much control.

****Any douchebags who turn this into a political discussion will have some Cleveland Steamers waiting for them****

overkiller
08-28-2007, 07:20 PM
AMERICA FAT IS PIG DIE DIE CAPITALISTOS PIGS

ADD
08-28-2007, 07:21 PM
CAPITALISTOS

EvilCheeseWedge
08-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Here's something I've never understood. Back in 2005 when Bruce was complaining about America, you didn't seem to be too happy about it.

1) Doesn't being a fan of Operation: Mindcrime require you to think that something is seriously wrong with this country?

2) Even if it didn't, come on, you seem smart enough to be able to recognize the fact that the conglomorates here have way too much control.

****Any douchebags who turn this into a political discussion will have some Cleveland Steamers waiting for them****
I agree with those aspects of his complaints, for sure. I just don't like how he basically said all Americans are lazy at his shows and just eat hot dogs. Some might, but not all of us!

JRA
08-28-2007, 07:39 PM
I agree with those aspects of his complaints, for sure. I just don't like how he basically said all Americans are lazy at his shows and just eat hot dogs. Some might, but not all of us!

I think what he said was that the people who could afford to be in the front rows were the people eating hot dogs, and he thought that the people who really wanted to be in the front rows were stuck in the back or something like that.

ADD
08-28-2007, 07:39 PM
I think what he said was that the people who could afford to be in the front rows were the people eating hot dogs, and he thought that the people who really wanted to be in the front rows were stuck in the back or something like that.
On that count he's dead on I think, at most of the shows at least.

EvilCheeseWedge
08-28-2007, 07:41 PM

Yes, that's probably true. And it's nice he tried to do something about it for Ozzfest. But especially given that Steve Harris had to go out and do damage control... I think Bruce went a little overboard with it. But that's water under the bridge, hopefully he'll just remember to glance further back and see the fans rockin' out ;)

JRA
08-28-2007, 07:42 PM
Yes, that's probably true. And it's nice he tried to do something about it for Ozzfest. But especially given that Steve Harris had to go out and do damage control... I think Bruce went a little overboard with it. But that's water under the bridge, hopefully he'll just remember to glance further back and see the fans rockin' out ;)

:fist:

ADD
08-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Doesn't that feel better? :cool: :tongue:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
08-28-2007, 07:47 PM
I'm just pissed that Maiden hasn't been back to Texas since 2003. :mad: :mad: :mad:

EvilCheeseWedge
08-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Doesn't that feel better? :cool: :tongue:

:fist:

theclansman1114
08-28-2007, 09:17 PM

Besides, we all know it'd be me or Addi. Or Maiden33, that elitist power metal fuck.

:mad::finger2:

Maiden33
08-28-2007, 09:20 PM

I feel so loved right now.

SomewhereInTime72
08-28-2007, 09:44 PM
So, about that financial gain...

ravenheart
08-29-2007, 05:34 AM
The poll needs a "Who?" option ;)

es156
08-29-2007, 06:26 AM

Another evil scheme ruined by logistics.

;)

es156
08-29-2007, 06:29 AM
I feel so loved right now.

This ain't the love connection message board, son. If we catch you showing feelings around here you will be banned.

:allan:

JRA
08-29-2007, 07:01 AM
This ain't the love connection message board, son. If we catch you showing feelings around here you will be banned.

:lol: :lol:

It's been too goddamn long since you've 0wned someone!

EvilCheeseWedge
08-29-2007, 09:40 AM

:lol: :lol:

EvilCheeseWedge
08-29-2007, 08:58 PM
The poll needs a "Who?" option ;)

:(

zgodt
08-29-2007, 09:22 PM
I am favorably disposed toward you.

And in my experience on this board, anyone who finds fault with your positions is probably engrossed in their 173rd reading of this book:

http://www.gamebooks.org/gallery/eq1-06o.jpg

JRA
08-30-2007, 04:27 AM
I am favorably disposed toward you.

And in my experience on this board, anyone who finds fault with your positions is probably engrossed in their 173rd reading of this book:

http://www.gamebooks.org/gallery/eq1-06o.jpg

Um...I think you're on your own with that one. :eyes:

zgodt
08-31-2007, 05:19 AM
Um...I think you're on your own with that one. :eyes:
I thought it would be clear that I was referring to ECW's opinions on the subject of the Dio/"rainbow" problem. To wit:

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showpost.php?p=149662&postcount=27

EvilCheeseWedge
08-31-2007, 06:16 AM
I thought it would be clear that I was referring to ECW's opinions on the subject of the Dio/"rainbow" problem. To wit:

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showpost.php?p=149662&postcount=27

:lol: I thought that book cover was hilarious, I figured that's what you were getting at.

It scares me a little that you referenced that particular post... I don't want any rabid Dio fans to bludgeon me to a pulp :snivel:

JRA
08-31-2007, 08:21 AM
I was looking through the above thread because I knew it had one great example of Eric bitchslapping somone, and not only did I find one, but two classics!

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showpost.php?p=149831&postcount=113

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showpost.php?p=149792&postcount=93

EvilCheeseWedge
08-31-2007, 09:22 AM
I was looking through the above thread because I knew it had one great example of Eric bitchslapping somone, and not only did I find one, but two classics!

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showpost.php?p=149831&postcount=113

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showpost.php?p=149792&postcount=93
Maybe we should ban Eric :hmm:

zgodt
08-31-2007, 09:56 AM
Those were two of the gentlest bitchslaps I've ever seen. :eyes: