PDA

View Full Version : ROB ZOMBIE To Hit The Road In October

es156
08-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Source: Blabbermouth (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=78299)

The Pulse of Radio (formerly Launch Radio Networks) reports: Now that Rob Zombie has completed work on his third film as a writer and director, a remake of the horror classic "Halloween", the rocker-turned-filmmaker is setting his sights on the road. Zombie told The Pulse of Radio that he'll go on tour in October and stay out for a couple of months before turning to his next project. "Me and the guys have been talking, and we're, like, you know, gonna start rehearsing soon and, you know, we'll be back on the road in October," he said. "We'll probably quit right around Christmas time, take a break for that, and then who knows what maybe make a new record or start another movie or something, I don't know."

Zombie says he'll hit the road with at least one other major act (rumored to be OZZY OSBOURNE), whose name he couldn't reveal. Dates and venues are also yet to be announced.

The singer was originally in the running to open some fall dates for BLACK SABBATH offshoot band HEAVEN AND HELL, but couldn't commit to that because it was too close to the opening of "Halloween".

:cool:

DethMaiden
08-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Halloween will rule, and then this tour will too. Rob Zombie can do very little wrong.

DreamEvil001
08-07-2007, 05:02 PM
is it a remake of halloween? I thought it was another sequel... and I would love to see rob zombie again, he was great at ozzfest

DethMaiden
08-07-2007, 05:04 PM
is it a remake of halloween? I thought it was another sequel... and I would love to see rob zombie again, he was great at ozzfest

A prequel/remake, but then again, a totally new movie. It covers the same timespan as the original but with its focus on different parts of the story.

ChildrenofSodom
08-07-2007, 05:10 PM
hmm..I've never seen Halloween OR Nightmare on Elm Street.

DethMaiden
08-07-2007, 05:11 PM
hmm..I've never seen Halloween OR Nightmare on Elm Street.

Do so.

And while you're at it, see The Exorcist, The Shining, Hellraiser, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Psycho, and Zombie's first two films.

ChildrenofSodom
08-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Do so.

And while you're at it, see The Exorcist, The Shining, Hellraiser, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Psycho, and Zombie's first two films.

I've seen the Exorcist. Its basically the only horror movie I have seen.

DethMaiden
08-07-2007, 05:15 PM
I've seen the Exorcist. Its basically the only horror movie I have seen.

Haha, I gave my short "essentials" list, but yeah, I'm a horror nut.

ChildrenofSodom
08-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Haha, I gave my short "essentials" list, but yeah, I'm a horror nut.

I know. I know.

DethMaiden
08-07-2007, 05:18 PM
On the topic of Rob Zombie though, I watched The Devil's Rejects earlier today (for at least the fifth time), and he's easily as good as Tarantino at writing realistic yet badass dialogue in my opinion. :fist:

ChildrenofSodom
08-07-2007, 05:21 PM
On the topic of Rob Zombie though, I watched The Devil's Rejects earlier today (for at least the fifth time), and he's easily as good as Tarantino at writing realistic yet badass dialogue in my opinion. :fist:

I think I fast-forwarded to the middle of that movie once and it was some chick sitting on a fat guy..and it was just "F--- YOU THIS" and "F--- YOU THAT"...Not my cup of tea.

DethMaiden
08-07-2007, 05:21 PM
I think I fast-forwarded to the middle of that movie once and it was some chick sitting on a fat guy..and it was just "F--- YOU THIS" and "F--- YOU THAT"...Not my cup of tea.

It does hold the record for F-bombs dropped in a movie :eyes: But I think it's cleverly integrated most of the time.

ChildrenofSodom
08-07-2007, 05:24 PM
It does hold the record for F-bombs dropped in a movie :eyes: But I think it's cleverly integrated most of the time.

I was watching it in my living room with my mom in the kitchen..so...never did finish it.

DethMaiden
08-07-2007, 05:24 PM
I was watching it in my living room with my mom in the kitchen..so...never did finish it.

Haha, not a family feature at all. Nor are his live shows. Nor are his albums, really. Hooray for profanity and nudity! :party:

:eyes:

ravenheart
08-08-2007, 01:26 AM
Halloween will rule, and then this tour will too. Rob Zombie can do very little wrong.

Except for one thing. He never tours outside the States.

ravenheart
08-08-2007, 01:27 AM
Do so.

Except that Chainsaw Massacre, Exorcist and Psycho suck, so maybe pass on those ;)

ravenheart
08-08-2007, 01:29 AM

Agreed. Although it helped that he had Bill Moseley delivering most of it. Corses and Rejects are awesome movies.

DethMaiden
08-08-2007, 05:40 AM
Agreed. Although it helped that he had Bill Moseley delivering most of it. Corses and Rejects are awesome movies.

"Boy, the next thing out of your mouth had better be some brilliant fucking Mark Twain shit, because it's definitely getting chiseled on your tombstone!"

:party:

ravenheart
08-08-2007, 06:20 AM
"Boy, the next thing out of your mouth had better be some brilliant fucking Mark Twain shit, because it's definitely getting chiseled on your tombstone!"

:party:

Immortal. There's no other word for it.