PDA

View Full Version : Elton John calls for closure of the internet.

Div
08-04-2007, 12:16 PM
http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2195512/elton-john-calls-closure

“In the early seventies there were at least ten albums released every week that were fantastic," he said.

“Now you’re lucky to find ten albums a year of that quality. And there are more albums released each week now than there were then.”

:hecho:

es156
08-04-2007, 12:24 PM
:lol:

What a moron. If he shuts down the internet, Al Gore would just invent it again.

And that 10 albums a week in the 70's comment is just ridiculous.

:hecho: :hecho:

ChildrenofSodom
08-04-2007, 01:02 PM
:angry: :fingers: :dgrin:

MetalDrummer888
08-04-2007, 01:32 PM
wow. thats because the only albums that got any publicity in the 70s were released by the major labels. Im sure hed love to see the music industry revert to that :hecho:

ChildrenofSodom
08-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Does he think that the internets only function is music? And based on the music he PLAYS, I'm guessing his taste in music isnt very diverse. Sounds like he only has one of idea of what art and music should be, and today's generation isnt doing that for him.

SirLardsAlot
08-04-2007, 05:40 PM
I AGREE

SomewhereInTime72
08-04-2007, 07:02 PM
:lol: :lol: The internet is one of the only things keeping real music alive nowadays.

ChildrenofSodom
08-05-2007, 12:24 PM
90% of the bands I listen to I discovered on the internet. Without, how would non-radio bands get their name out?

Div
08-05-2007, 02:05 PM
90% of the bands I listen to I discovered on the internet. Without, how would non-radio bands get their name out?

by protesting instead of writing blogs

ChildrenofSodom
08-05-2007, 06:11 PM
okay? :eyes:

powerslave_85
08-05-2007, 06:36 PM
The internet is one of the only things keeping real music alive nowadays.Yep.

ChildrenofSodom
08-05-2007, 07:16 PM
One thing I love about the net is that there is so much information, and so little time. I am always on the computer....I am constantly finding new bands. Some of my favorite bands are ones that only people with the internet would know about (IE: Insomnium, Swallow the Sun)...I can find a band from across the globe, that only has one album, on some crap label, yet sounds amazing to me...while everyone else is stuck with depending on the radio or their local record store to discover new music.

I was just on myspace, on my bands page, and I saw a comment on one of our blogs. The blog cited some of our top influences (Swallow the Sun, Katatonia, among other no-names.) A kid from my school (one class my junior) commented--"Hey..have you guys ever heard of a band called "Burzum?" You should check em out." Of course I have heard of Burzum! This kid listens exclusively to the Misfits and Motley Crue. He somehow thought Burzum were an obscure band. To the average radio-kid, they are. But because I use the internet, and frequent top-notch social gathering sites such as Metalsetlists, I can broaden my musical horizons with a single click of the mouse.

overkiller
08-05-2007, 08:40 PM
CLOSE THE INTARBUTT?!?!

ravenheart
08-06-2007, 01:23 AM
The internet is great if used in the right way.

The paying for mp3 downloads culture can fuck right off. It's now too easy to rush out a shit album.

However, the internet is fantastic for sampling bands. Listening to a few tracks on MySpace, or mp3 samples from label/band websites or whatever. It's the best way to discover new music... that you then buy on CD!!

mp3s are for sampling. They not for real, quality music.