PDA

View Full Version : Quentin Tarantino

JRA
08-04-2007, 08:48 AM
I personally think the guy is great. I've seen Resevoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, and both Kill Bill movies. The only one I didn't like was part II of Kill Bill, but that's just cos I thought the ending was a copout.

However, I've also heard the guy called a hack, saying that a) he's way too in love with his ability to write his own dialogue, and the he spends to much time trying to make everything look "cool," rather than try and make a good movie.

Your thoughts people?

DethMaiden
08-04-2007, 09:14 AM
I've seen Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction and like them both, but I dunno. He's a little overpraised I think. I'd much rather watch a lot of other directors' shit.

Hell, Robert Rodriguez does just about the same style film just as well.

powerslave_85
08-04-2007, 10:33 AM
Pulp Fiction is just a work of pure genius, and is probably my favorite movie of all time. Reservoir Dogs is fantastic, and I thought Kill Bill was alright. He's a great director, but he'll probably never do anything that will match Pulp Fiction again.

Div
08-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Eh decent director but nothing that special. I agree with the statement that he focuses too much on trying to be cool.

ravenheart
08-04-2007, 02:52 PM
And then he and Rodriguez cooked up Grindhouse and everyone hates it.

ChildrenofSodom
08-04-2007, 02:54 PM
All I know is everyone in the cult classic/horror crowd loves him.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
08-04-2007, 02:55 PM
I like his movies for the most part, with Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown being my favorites. I thought his half of Grindhouse was just so-so though.

MetalDrummer888
08-07-2007, 09:08 AM
Pulp Fiction is one of my favorite movies because it is more than just another bloody gang movie. The dialogue is AMAZING and there is so much deep shit in there that i dont want to even get started. Its a pitty that he had to put out gore flicks like kill bill and ruin his reputation in my eyes.

SirLardsAlot
08-07-2007, 10:00 AM
Pulp Fiction .... I didn't see what was so fantastic. I mean, it was pretty cool, but everyone hails it as like the best movie ever. I just didn't see it.

Never saw Reservoir Dogs, but I've only heard good.

Kill Bill was awesome, never saw part 2.

Death Proof .... first 20 minutes was pretty good, then half an hour of extremely boring dialogue that I didn't care about at all, then the last 15 minutes were amazing.

overkiller
08-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Pulp Fiction is just a work of pure genius, and is probably my favorite movie of all time. Reservoir Dogs is fantastic, and I thought Kill Bill was alright. He's a great director, but he'll probably never do anything that will match Pulp Fiction again.

I basically agree with this, minus it being my favorite movie, and my feelings towards Resevoir Dogs are slightly more lukewarm.

DethMaiden
08-07-2007, 12:29 PM
Damn, am I the only person who prefers Reservoir Dogs to Pulp Fiction?

overkiller
08-07-2007, 01:15 PM

Yes.

:D

JRA
08-07-2007, 01:16 PM

Well there's also the heavy rumors that "Dogs" was more or less ripped off from some Japanese film.

SomewhereInTime72
08-07-2007, 07:44 PM

Nope. :)