Domino
Drum Duet
Los Endos
Tonight Tonight Tonight
Invisible Touch
--------
I Canít Dance
The Carpet Crawlers

Apparently they fucked up during Firth of Fifth. Way to go, sellouts.

jsheajr
07-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Overall, I think that's a pretty solid set. Surprised to see nothing from the "Abacab" album though. They should replace "Invisible Touch" and "I Can't Dance" (two terrible songs, in my opinion) with a couple of songs from "Abacab" or older material but ending with "The Carpet Crawlers" sounds awesome! That's one of my all-time favorite songs. It's not the same without Peter Gabriel, but Phil does do a respectable job on it.

DethMaiden
07-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Overall, I think that's a pretty solid set. Surprised to see nothing from the "Abacab" album though. They should replace "Invisible Touch" and "I Can't Dance" (two terrible songs, in my opinion) with a couple of songs from "Abacab" or older material but ending with "The Carpet Crawlers" sounds awesome! That's one of my all-time favorite songs. It's not the same without Peter Gabriel, but Phil does do a respectable job on it.

Wouldn't it be nicer yet if they had a true reunion with Gabriel and Hackett and played those songs? :D

SomewhereInTime72
07-31-2007, 09:32 AM
Great set, compared to what I'd thought they'd be playing. :)

But they should replace I Can't Dance with... hmm... Robbery, Assault and Battery? :D

jsheajr
07-31-2007, 02:11 PM
No doubt, a reunion with Gabriel and Hackett would be a show I'd be willing to pay big buck$ for tickets to and drive miles to see, since it wouldn't likely come thru Kansas City!

DethMaiden
07-31-2007, 05:30 PM
No doubt, a reunion with Gabriel and Hackett would be a show I'd be willing to pay big buck$ for tickets to and drive miles to see, since it wouldn't likely come thru Kansas City!

If they did a one-off gig of that incarnation in London I'd be buying plane tickets.

jsheajr
08-01-2007, 07:58 AM
Oh yeah! I'd be on the plane with you. Blow off a mortgage payment or two...it would be worth it! I read somewhere that Peter Gabriel said he would not rule out a reunion with Genesis in the future. What a show that would be! It's funny because when I talk to people about Genesis there's two things I find...first, most people don't even know that Peter Gabriel was once in Genesis and two they have no clue of how complex and progressive their material was. They think of Genesis as being the band that had a bunch of pop/rock hits in the 80s and early 90s. Kind of sad really. I do my part to try and spread the word about what a great and influential band Genesis was.

DethMaiden
08-01-2007, 10:11 AM
Oh yeah! I'd be on the plane with you. Blow off a mortgage payment or two...it would be worth it! I read somewhere that Peter Gabriel said he would not rule out a reunion with Genesis in the future. What a show that would be! It's funny because when I talk to people about Genesis there's two things I find...first, most people don't even know that Peter Gabriel was once in Genesis and two they have no clue of how complex and progressive their material was. They think of Genesis as being the band that had a bunch of pop/rock hits in the 80s and early 90s. Kind of sad really. I do my part to try and spread the word about what a great and influential band Genesis was.

:fist: Absolutely my friend.

And if they're gonna reunite with Peter, they must do Supper's Ready :D

ChildrenofSodom
08-01-2007, 10:18 AM
If Genesis reunited with Gabriel, I would go JUST for Lamb Lies Down on Broadway (the song)......which is pretty impressive considering that LLDOB is the only album of theirs I have. :eyes:

DethMaiden
08-01-2007, 10:19 AM
If Genesis reunited, I would go JUST for Lamb Lies Down on Broadway (the song)......which is pretty impressive considering that LLDOB is the only album of theirs I have. :eyes:

If Genesis reunited and the ticket price was my left nut, I'd go.

ChildrenofSodom
08-01-2007, 10:40 AM

I'd give my left arm to play in Def Leppard.

JRA
08-01-2007, 02:44 PM

You might even be able to sing along with the last part of Supper's Ready!

SomewhereInTime72
08-01-2007, 08:01 PM
I'd give my left arm to play in Def Leppard.

Hahahha

DethMaiden
08-01-2007, 08:03 PM
You might even be able to sing along with the last part of Supper's Ready!

:lol: It's not really that high ;)