PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons Movie!!!!

powerslave_85
07-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Saw it at midnight last night. I'm not really exaggerating when I say that I'm one of the biggest Simpsons fans you're likely to meet, and I absolutely fucking LOVED the movie. Even if you don't like what the show has become in the last few years, you'll almost certainly enjoy it. The jokes come lightning fast from beginning to end, and it doesn't feel like just a 90 minute episode. Go see it now! :mad:

ChildrenofSodom
07-27-2007, 10:32 PM
I loved it. I also loved how, unlike most comedy movies, there was joke after joke after joke, but they werent stupid or desperate (like Family Guy.) Great overall movie. I'm not a huge Simpsons fan, but I still loved it.

SomewhereInTime72
07-27-2007, 11:24 PM
I loved it. It smacked the shit out of the family guy movie.

DethMaiden
07-28-2007, 08:53 AM
Grr haven't seen it yet. Gonna try to before I work today.

JRA
07-28-2007, 08:57 AM
It doesn't rely heavily on past episode references does it?

Div
07-28-2007, 09:35 AM
"I WILL NOT ILLEGALLY DOWNLOAD THIS MOVIE"
"I WILL NOT ILLEGALLY DOWNL....

Might go pay to see it tonite, its one of those movies that you must see on the big screen.

ravenheart
07-28-2007, 03:19 PM
I saw it Friday. For the first half an hour it was like watching the funniest Simpson's episode ever. Joke after joke after joke. Then there was half of an hour with just no laughs. Not that they were making jokes that weren't funny, there were just no jokes. And it wasn't just me. No one was laughing. Then it picked up again in the final third.

Overall it was disappointing. I was expecting to be laughing for the majority of the movie, and in reality only the first half hour and bits of the last half hour are actually that funny. The middle is mostly story telling.

its one of those movies that you must see on the big screen.

This I completely disagree with. You gain nothing whatsoever by seeing this on the big screen. It will be just as funny and have just as much impact on TV. Transformers-level special effects it ain't.

DethMaiden
07-28-2007, 05:48 PM
I saw it today, probably will see it again. Effing hilarious!

jeremysaal
07-28-2007, 07:10 PM
Great movie! The first 30 minutes kicked butt! It's not South Park, but it is one of the best Simpson's efforts that I have ever seen. Those of you who have not seen it should do so.

Div
07-28-2007, 08:13 PM
I saw it Friday. For the first half an hour it was like watching the funniest Simpson's episode ever. Joke after joke after joke. Then there was half of an hour with just no laughs. Not that they were making jokes that weren't funny, there were just no jokes. And it wasn't just me. No one was laughing. Then it picked up again in the final third.

Overall it was disappointing. I was expecting to be laughing for the majority of the movie, and in reality only the first half hour and bits of the last half hour are actually that funny. The middle is mostly story telling.

This I completely disagree with. You gain nothing whatsoever by seeing this on the big screen. It will be just as funny and have just as much impact on TV. Transformers-level special effects it ain't.

Well it makes it funnier when your in an atmosphere where everyone else is laughing and having a good time too, even if theyre just strangers. Besides, Transformers was one of the most weak-ass movies I've ever seen.

ChildrenofSodom
07-29-2007, 12:21 AM
There were tons of parts when I laughed and no one else did. Like when Ralphie blew a bubble at the dome and it hit him in the face. "AHHH BLOWBACK!!"

ravenheart
07-29-2007, 03:53 PM
There were tons of parts when I laughed and no one else did. Like when Ralphie blew a bubble at the dome and it hit him in the face. "AHHH BLOWBACK!!"

Other people didn't laugh at that? :confused:

ravenheart
07-29-2007, 03:55 PM
Besides, Transformers was one of the most weak-ass movies I've ever seen.

Not the point at all. Transformers has immense effects. Whether the movie is decent or not (I'm not seeing it until Wednesday, so can't yet comment). So it benefits from the big screen experience. There's nothing about Simpsons that requires the big screen at all.

ravenheart
07-29-2007, 03:57 PM
Great movie! The first 30 minutes kicked butt!

Yeah, but the rest didn't. That's what made it a bit a of let down for me. The bar was set so high in the first 30 that it faultered after that.

ChildrenofSodom
07-29-2007, 04:07 PM

Other people didn't laugh at that? :confused:

A few giggled, but I clapped.

overkiller
07-29-2007, 04:18 PM
Yeah, it was good. :D

Div
07-29-2007, 07:11 PM
Not the point at all. Transformers has immense effects. Whether the movie is decent or not (I'm not seeing it until Wednesday, so can't yet comment). So it benefits from the big screen experience. There's nothing about Simpsons that requires the big screen at all.

Well I see what you mean, I guess I should've said "the type of movie thats better with alot of other people".

And not to spoil it for you, but the effects in Transformers don't mean jack cause the shitty camerawork doesn't let you see anything :(

powerslave_85
07-29-2007, 08:47 PM
And not to spoil it for you, but the effects in Transformers don't mean jack cause the shitty camerawork doesn't let you see anything :(That's why I hate most of those new action movies. "We spent $500 million on special effects, but you won't be able to tell because it was filmed by a guy having a seizure to make it look more realistic." Everything's edited at a speed that would put Steve Harris to shame, and shots don't last more than a fraction of a second.

zgodt
07-29-2007, 09:18 PM
Besides all that, the special fx for Transformers are just stupid. It takes OPtimus Prime like 8 minutes to transform form truck to robot, with all sorts of microscopic spinning parts. And then at the end he's still got those truck fenders for pecs. Huh? Every inch of your body is spinning around ridiculously for the past 8 minutes but somehow you can't get rid of those truck fenders?

EvilCheeseWedge
07-30-2007, 07:20 AM
I think it's worth seeing on the big screen. But really, by the logic in this thread, what is worth seeing on the big screen except for effects laden robot orgies?

I caught The Simpsons midnight showing and saw it again on Saturday with some other friends. Hilarious both times :fist:

ravenheart
07-30-2007, 08:03 AM
Besides all that, the special fx for Transformers are just stupid. It takes OPtimus Prime like 8 minutes to transform form truck to robot, with all sorts of microscopic spinning parts. And then at the end he's still got those truck fenders for pecs. Huh? Every inch of your body is spinning around ridiculously for the past 8 minutes but somehow you can't get rid of those truck fenders?

Hahaha. Exactly like the old toys, then ;)

Div
07-30-2007, 02:09 PM

The new designs were 100% crap. They should've just used the old simple models rendered in 3d, like this guy did. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM74D1mFjN0

i mean he actually looks like a robot that turns into a truck, not some mangled tree-looking pile of junk.

SirLardsAlot
07-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Getting back on topic ....

I just got back in from seeing The Simpsons Movie, and I must say, it was pretty funny and enjoyable. Now, since I first heard about them making a movie, I've been thinking "Meh, fuck that." I'm a huge Simpsons fan, but as Nick said, the last 5 or 6 years just ... haven't been anything good. A few decent episodes here and there, but really nothing. Same old rehashed jokes, copying Family Guy (which is a shitty show, but I'm not go there right now), and Homer making that stupid disappointed crying sound every 5 seconds. So basically I had no desire to go see it, in fact, I wanted to avoid it all together. But the past few days after reading reviews such as Nick's original post, I thought "Eh, maybe I'll go see it." Lo and behold, I get a call from a few friends earlier saying they were going, so I said "Why the hell not?" And I'm glad I did. It was pretty funny, and while the plot was extremely unrealistic (though, the Simpsons has always been a bit unrealistic when it comes to episode plots, but this one was way out there), it was a good film overall.

:party:

overkiller
07-31-2007, 02:28 AM
WE NEED A BEAST WARS MOVIE

JRA
07-31-2007, 04:24 AM

The only thing I remember about that was that Optimus Prime was a gorilla, and there was some Cheetah dude who was a total jack-off.

DethMaiden
07-31-2007, 07:55 AM

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Beast Wars >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Transformers

zgodt
07-31-2007, 08:35 AM
Hahaha. Exactly like the old toys, then ;)

Except the old toys only had 4 or 5 moving parts and didn't take 15 minutes to transform.

SomewhereInTime72
07-31-2007, 09:59 AM

OPTIMUS PRIMAL!!

Div
07-31-2007, 10:53 AM
Beast Wars was laaaaame. They should just remake all the old episodes like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tpbp9GXOGU

SomewhereInTime72
07-31-2007, 11:37 AM
Beast Wars was laaaaame. They should just remake all the old episodes like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tpbp9GXOGU

HAHAHA THAT WAS AWESOME.

ChildrenofSodom
07-31-2007, 01:48 PM
I remember about 6-8 years ago, there was a real-life Dragonball Z movie in the talks. Wonder what happened to that.

Div
07-31-2007, 02:50 PM
I remember about 6-8 years ago, there was a real-life Dragonball Z movie in the talks. Wonder what happened to that.

The actors all blew out their vocal chords from yelling "ARHHHHHHHHHHH" for 20 minutes straight.

Seriously though, lots of movies are put into development but don't make it to release. Practically every bestselling videogame has had people attempt to make a movie of it.

ChildrenofSodom
07-31-2007, 03:14 PM
The actors all blew out their vocal chords from yelling "ARHHHHHHHHHHH" for 20 minutes straight.

Seriously though, lots of movies are put into development but don't make it to release. Practically every bestselling videogame has had people attempt to make a movie of it.

Yeah, but I would have liked to see it happen. The animated movies are good, at least those worked out.

A Halo movie would be fun.

Div
07-31-2007, 04:23 PM
Yeah, but I would have liked to see it happen. The animated movies are good, at least those worked out.

A Halo movie would be fun.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0464037/

powerslave_85
07-31-2007, 04:45 PM
Dragonball Z? Beast Wars? This thread is supposed to be about awesome things like the Simpsons, not crappy kids shows :hmm:

ChildrenofSodom
08-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Dragonball Z? Beast Wars? This thread is supposed to be about awesome things like the Simpsons, not crappy kids shows :hmm:

Are you and Brad the thread topic Puritan police? ;)