PDA

View Full Version : "Necro" of SOTU; "Mondo" off Ozzfest

ChildrenofSodom
07-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Source: blabbermouth (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=77552)

Necro cites the negative response from his crowds. He kept saying in the article that he was being true, and trying to be metal, but he wasnt selling his death rap very well. "It's just a shame these little kids are so closed-minded. The majority of the hate was coming from mop top emo sixteen-year olds who have no clue who the originators of metal are, and didn't respect my 'rest in peace' chant to metal legends (Dime, Cliff, Chuck, Piggy, Sob).

Good riddance to him.

Source: blabbermouth (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=77560)

Mondo Generator are absent from tomorrow's schedule sheet, the Ozzfest band section, and they didnt play on Tuesday's show. No official statement from band or Ozzfest management though. I dont know anything about this band, so I have no real opinion. Hopefully this means a longer set from 3 Inches of Blood, Nile, or Behemoth.

Spiral_Slave
07-25-2007, 09:15 PM
Yeah my friend went to sounds and he said Necro was booed off after two songs. Even though I don't care for them, that has to suck.

Div
07-25-2007, 09:36 PM
"omg teh emo kids wer so meen to me guyz" :bawling:

Spiral_Slave
07-25-2007, 10:17 PM
"omg teh emo kids wer so meen to me guyz" :bawling:

Make fun all you want, but if you were booked on a tour and were booed off pretty much every night, you'd be a little upset too.

ChildrenofSodom
07-25-2007, 11:42 PM
Its official: the Nick just confirmed Mondo is off the tour.

sylpriest
07-26-2007, 12:23 AM
Necro really didn't belong there...in orlando they just booed him off.

ChildrenofSodom
07-26-2007, 01:26 AM
He was bragging that he never got "booed off" he played his full set, and just ignored the nay-sayers. Any truth?

Spiral_Slave
07-26-2007, 08:26 AM
He was bragging that he never got "booed off" he played his full set, and just ignored the nay-sayers. Any truth?

Judging by what my friend who went to the South Carolina show, and Sylpriest said, sounds like Necro is full of shit.

sylpriest
07-26-2007, 08:50 AM

He would rap and you could barely hear him with all the boos. I'll give him credit for playing his entire set without leaving but that's all I'd give him credit for.

overkiller
07-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Metal fans, close-minded? What?

JRA
07-26-2007, 10:08 AM
I bet they wouldn't boo if he played "All Hotties Eat The Jizz." :D

DethMaiden
07-26-2007, 10:41 AM
I sorta wanted to see Mondo Generator. Maybe their absence will give 3IOB time for one more song? :eyes:

Div
07-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Make fun all you want, but if you were booked on a tour and were booed off pretty much every night, you'd be a little upset too.

I don't think I'd be too upset if "mop top emo kids" didnt like my music. And if everyone in the crowd was being a dick, this guy shoulda just unzipped his pants and took a huge piss all over them, imo thats worth spending a night in jail for.

Axis_Of_Metal
07-26-2007, 07:30 PM
I wouldn't say its being close minded I mean if you got some "gangsta" rappers and made them listen to metal they too would be pissed and pop a cap into someone

JRA
07-26-2007, 08:07 PM
I wouldn't say its being close minded I mean if you got some "gangsta" rappers and made them listen to metal they too would be pissed and pop a cap into someone

...what?

Spiral_Slave
07-26-2007, 08:09 PM
I don't think I'd be too upset if "mop top emo kids" didnt like my music. And if everyone in the crowd was being a dick, this guy shoulda just unzipped his pants and took a huge piss all over them, imo thats worth spending a night in jail for.

Well I'm pretty sure no matter what the audience, getting booed by like everyone at every show would be pretty shitty. But with putting a rap act on a ' metal tour ' I really don't know what the band or promoters expected.

Div
07-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Well I'm pretty sure no matter what the audience, getting booed by like everyone at every show would be pretty shitty. But with putting a rap act on a ' metal tour ' I really don't know what the band or promoters expected.

Don't forget, this is Ozzfest we're talking about, theyre not exactly known for having awesome lineups :D

DethMaiden
07-26-2007, 08:28 PM
Don't forget, this is Ozzfest we're talking about, theyre not exactly known for having awesome lineups :D

Actually, it's SOTU :eyes:

Div
07-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Actually, it's SOTU :eyes:

Well thats even worse.

ChildrenofSodom
07-27-2007, 12:19 AM
Necro was only on the tour because he markets himself as a "death rapper", and says he incorporates death and thrash into his rap act (which is utter bullshit)....his lyrics are gruesome, but I have to say Cannibal Corpse are better song writers. :hecho: Plus he brags that him and his brother used to be in a death/thrash band in high school. He is pretty much a poser/dickhead.

Spiral_Slave
07-27-2007, 07:39 AM
Necro was only on the tour because he markets himself as a "death rapper", and says he incorporates death and thrash into his rap act (which is utter bullshit)....his lyrics are gruesome, but I have to say Cannibal Corpse are better song writers. :hecho: Plus he brags that him and his brother used to be in a death/thrash band in high school. He is pretty much a poser/dickhead.

Gotcha. :hecho:

ChildrenofSodom
07-27-2007, 07:48 AM
So...wait.

This guy ONLY got booed. Trivium actually got bombarded with piss balloons. What does that say for Trivium? A rapper was shown more respect than "the new Metallica" at a metal show. :party:

Spiral_Slave
07-27-2007, 08:07 AM
So...wait.

This guy ONLY got booed. Trivium actually got bombarded with piss balloons. What does that say for Trivium? A rapper was shown more respect than "the new Metallica" at a metal show. :party:

When did that happen?

overkiller
07-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Somehow I think all this hate towards Necro is just a product of the average metal fan's retarded, ignorant hatred of rap. Especially considering that we're talking about SOTU here, so the more intelligent, open-minded metalheads aren't even in the picture.

That being said, I've never listened to Necro, but this all makes me want to check him out.

es156
07-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Somehow I think all this hate towards Necro is just a product of the average metal fan's retarded, ignorant hatred of rap.

So if I hate rap I am retarded and ignorant?

sylpriest
07-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Somehow I think all this hate towards Necro is just a product of the average metal fan's retarded, ignorant hatred of rap. Especially considering that we're talking about SOTU here, so the more intelligent, open-minded metalheads aren't even in the picture.

That being said, I've never listened to Necro, but this all makes me want to check him out.

I happen to love rap and hip-hop.
I thought Necro generally sucked. His attitude, his ego, his cockiness, and the fact his rhymes and beats were pretty shitastic. He tried to be cool by saying things like "On this next song I got some of the members of Hatebreed to lay down some ill shit so I wanna see you assholes onto it".

If you insult the audience in a joking manner people laugh(see SYL, KSE) but this guy was generally an asshole and the fact many people there didn't like his music didn't help either.

zgodt
07-27-2007, 11:17 AM
I happen to love rap and hip-hop.
I thought Necro generally sucked. His attitude, his ego, his cockiness, and the fact his rhymes and beats were pretty shitastic.

I just listened to the tracks on his myspace page. He's wack.

zgodt
07-27-2007, 11:19 AM
So if I hate rap I am retarded and ignorant?

That's not what he said. He said the average metalhead's hatred of rap is retarded and ignorant. Even if his premise is correct (which I would tend to believe), that still leaves room for your hatred of rap to be knowledgeable and well-considered.

overkiller
07-27-2007, 12:01 PM
That's not what he said. He said the average metalhead's hatred of rap is retarded and ignorant. Even if his premise is correct (which I would tend to believe), that still leaves room for your hatred of rap to be knowledgeable and well-considered.

Right.

DethMaiden
07-27-2007, 01:51 PM

Much like my hatred of rap!

zgodt
07-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Of course, those who are ignorant are often too ignorant to know they are ignorant... ;)

overkiller
07-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Much like my hatred of rap!

What, retarded and ignorant? :D

es156
07-27-2007, 05:30 PM

I would like to accept this explanation......

Of course, those who are ignorant are often too ignorant to know they are ignorant... ;)

but this one is probably more likely in my case.

;)

zgodt
07-27-2007, 05:56 PM
:D

ChildrenofSodom
07-28-2007, 02:29 AM
Mondo has been replaced with a band called Egypt Central.

sylpriest
07-28-2007, 07:53 AM
Mondo has been replaced with a band called Egypt Central.

they were announced before the tour started playing certain dates.

ChildrenofSodom
07-29-2007, 01:23 AM
they were announced before the tour started playing certain dates.

I know but they will absorb some of Mondo's time, in Columbus at least.

ADD
07-31-2007, 09:44 PM
Too bad for Nick, sucka :nutkick:

powerslave_85
07-31-2007, 09:52 PM
Too bad for Nick, sucka :nutkick:
Me? :confused:

DethMaiden
07-31-2007, 09:54 PM
Me? :confused:

Olivieri, I'm guessing. Ah well, he should go get stoned and make more QOTSA records anyway.

powerslave_85
07-31-2007, 10:06 PM
Oh :eyes: