PDA

View Full Version : GEOFF TATE: New DeGarmo Song In August

EvilCheeseWedge
07-03-2007, 11:19 AM
http://rockconfidential.com/magazine/interviews/geoff-tate-queensryche-2007/

He confirmed that he and Chris have wrote a new song called "Justified" coming out on the greatest hits in August - if you didn't know, it's a 2-disc deal with 17 songs for the hits and 16 unreleased things - there's an ad for it in Mindcrime @ The Moore. Anyways, he also mentions he may work with Chris again, that QR is already writing again, and the next album is theme based!

:horns:

ADD
07-03-2007, 12:01 PM
:cool:

Fe Maiden
07-03-2007, 12:07 PM
:bliss:

ravenheart
07-03-2007, 12:26 PM

Div
07-03-2007, 01:10 PM
I hope their next album is better than mc2

DethMaiden
07-03-2007, 01:31 PM
If "theme-based" means Operation: Mindcrime III, I hate you Queensryche.

EvilCheeseWedge
07-03-2007, 02:34 PM
If "theme-based" means Operation: Mindcrime III, I hate you Queensryche.

Dude, no. You should no better then that ;)

jsheajr
07-08-2007, 06:26 PM
I have been a huge Queensryche fan since first hearing "The Whisper" back in 1986. But, they really need to stop recording and just tour now. They are still a terrific live band but, in my opinion, they haven't done a good studio album since "Hear In The Now Frontier" 10 years ago which was vastly under-rated. "Mindcrime II" was a massive disappointment, as were "Q2K" and "Tribe".

DethMaiden
07-08-2007, 07:34 PM
I have been a huge Queensryche fan since first hearing "The Whisper" back in 1986. But, they really need to stop recording and just tour now. They are still a terrific live band but, in my opinion, they haven't done a good studio album since "Hear In The Now Frontier" 10 years ago which was vastly under-rated. "Mindcrime II" was a massive disappointment, as were "Q2K" and "Tribe".

Tribe is the best thing they did post-Promised Land because it knew what it was and didn't attempt to be heavy.

SomewhereInTime72
07-08-2007, 07:42 PM

I think Hear in The Now is Frontier is the worst of those four. :eyes:

DethMaiden
07-08-2007, 07:45 PM

I think it's a tad better than Q2k, but both are turds.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
07-08-2007, 09:05 PM
I lost interest in QR after Operation Mindcrime. the were never able to top Rage for Order in my opinion.

ravenheart
07-09-2007, 02:47 AM

Me too. It's the only 'ryche album I have to think twice about listening to. I think Q2K and OM2 are great and I love Tribe.

I find I'll put Tribe on ahead of any other 'ryche album.

EvilCheeseWedge
07-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Yeah, I really enjoy Tribe a lot. Oh yeah, QR announced some off-dates from the Heaven and Hell shows the other day.

Cleveland on September 18th :horns:

MetalDrummer888
07-09-2007, 08:49 AM

:eyes:

DethMaiden
07-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Yeah, I really enjoy Tribe a lot. Oh yeah, QR announced some off-dates from the Heaven and Hell shows the other day.

Cleveland on September 18th :horns:

I'm gonna be in Fort Wayne on the 21st :rocker: Then Megadeth in Columbus on the 22nd :eyes: Gonna have to figure out how that will work later

EvilCheeseWedge
07-09-2007, 10:19 AM
I'm gonna be in Fort Wayne on the 21st :rocker: Then Megadeth in Columbus on the 22nd :eyes: Gonna have to figure out how that will work later
I may be at Ft. Wayne. My friend works for a radio station in Ft. Wayne and usually gets free tickets for shows at Piere's. If that's the case, then I'm there. But otherwise I'll just be at Cleveland. I just saw Megadeth in May, so I'll probably be skipping them this time around. I'm trying not to spend so much money on concerts this year... hehe.

DethMaiden
07-09-2007, 10:57 AM
I may be at Ft. Wayne. My friend works for a radio station in Ft. Wayne and usually gets free tickets for shows at Piere's. If that's the case, then I'm there. But otherwise I'll just be at Cleveland. I just saw Megadeth in May, so I'll probably be skipping them this time around. I'm trying not to spend so much money on concerts this year... hehe.

If you go to Ft. Wayne a meetup will ensue :hmm:

EvilCheeseWedge
07-09-2007, 11:22 AM
If you go to Ft. Wayne a meetup will ensue :hmm:
Yeah, I'd love to go. I'm gonna call my buddy tonight and see what I can dig up. The main thing is I've never been that venue before... and it's far. House of Blues is only about 2 hours from here, and I know if we eat there we can snag a spot down front... but we'll see. I'd say the odds are pretty good I'll be doing both.

DethMaiden
07-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Yeah, I'd love to go. I'm gonna call my buddy tonight and see what I can dig up. The main thing is I've never been that venue before... and it's far. House of Blues is only about 2 hours from here, and I know if we eat there we can snag a spot down front... but we'll see. I'd say the odds are pretty good I'll be doing both.

Good. :D

EvilCheeseWedge
07-09-2007, 02:33 PM
I just talked to my buddy and he says it's a 21 and older show :(

DethMaiden
07-09-2007, 06:49 PM
I just talked to my buddy and he says it's a 21 and older show :(

Fort Wayne?

EvilCheeseWedge
07-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Fort Wayne?

Yes :(

DethMaiden
07-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Yes :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo oOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one

:mad:

Ah well, makes Megadeth logistically easier I suppose.

EvilCheeseWedge
07-09-2007, 07:22 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo oOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one

:mad:

Ah well, makes Megadeth logistically easier I suppose.
Yeah, I'm bummed out. But I'll keep you posted. I guess basically all shows there are 21+.

DethMaiden
07-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Yeah, I'm bummed out. But I'll keep you posted. I guess basically all shows there are 21+.

Yeah, if something miraculous happens lemme know. I'm not holding my breath though.

EvilCheeseWedge
07-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Yeah, if something miraculous happens lemme know. I'm not holding my breath though.
Yeah :(

ravenheart
07-10-2007, 02:52 AM
Full details of the release are now out.

"16 unreleased songs" hasn't proven to be true. There are seven plus the new song. The rest of the bonus is b-sides/bonus tracks from the remasters.

Also, in the official press release, they are very careful to use the phrase "making its release debut" when talking about the new song. So it might not be brand new. Just an unreleased one from back in the day.

Full details:

Disc 1:
'Queen Of The Reich' (from the EP Queensrÿche)
'Warning (from the album The Warning)
'Walk In The Shadows' (from the album Rage For Order)
'Take Hold Of The Flame' (from the album The Warning)
'The Lady Wore Black' (from the EP Queensryche)
'I Don't Believe In Love' (from the album Operation: Mindcrime)
'Eyes Of A Stranger' (from the album Operation: Mindcrime)
'Silent Lucidity' (from the album Empire)
'Bridge' (from the album Promised Land)
'Jet City Woman' (from the album Empire)
'Another Rainy Night (Without You)' (from the album Empire)
'Sign Of The Times' (from the album Hear In The Now Frontier)
'I Am I' (from the album Promised Land)
'Real World' (from the Last Action Hero soundtrack album; also a bonus track from the reissued version of the album Promised Land)
'Some People Fly' (from the album Hear In The Now Frontier)
'Until There Was You' (bonus track from the reissued version of the album Q2K)
'All The Promises' (from the album Operation: Mindcrime II).

Disc 2:
'Take Hold Of The Flame' - Myth (Original Demo Version) (previously unreleased)
'Walk In The Shadows' - Myth (Original Demo Version) (previously unreleased)
'Before The Storm' - Myth (Original Demo Version) (previously unreleased)
'Waiting For The Kill' (previously unreleased: demo for The Warning)
'No Sanctuary' (previously unreleased: demo for The Warning)
'Prophecy' (previously unreleased: demo for The Warning)
'I Dream In Infrared' (1991 Acoustic Remix: bonus track from the reissued version of the album Rage For Order)
'Dirty Lil Secret' (bonus track from the reissued version of the album Empire)
'Last Time In Paris' (from the soundtrack album The Adventures Of Ford Fairlane; also a bonus track from the reissued version of the album Empire)
'Scarborough Fair' (bonus track from the reissued version of the album Empire)
'Della Brown' (previously unreleased: "MTV Unplugged," New York NY 4/27/92)
'Someone Else?' (with full band: bonus track from the reissued version of the album Promised Land)
'Silent Lucidity' (live at The Astoria Theatre London 10/20/94: from the 'Bridge' CD single)
'Chasing Blue Sky' (bonus track from the reissued album Hear In The Now Frontier)
'Justified' (new track)

The first disc will also be released as a single jewel-cased CD and a download. Looks like the second disc won't be available for download (fuckin-a!!).

Released August 8 on Capitol/EMI.

Cover: (click to enlarge)
http://www.queensryche.com/news/2007/SOTT_cover-mini.jpg (http://www.queensryche.com/news/2007/SOTT_cover.jpg)