PDA

View Full Version : Year Of Desolation -- Year Of Desolation

ADD
06-17-2007, 02:06 PM
http://static.metal-archives.com/images/1/3/8/6/138679.jpg

YEAR OF DESOLATION- Year Of Desolation (Prosthetic Records)

Usually when I check out an album after reading doing my background research on it I have a pretty good idea of what I'm in store for, and therefore I expect I will like it. This has generally helped me sift through the plethora of mediocre music out there. Unfortunately, we all make mistakes, and YEAR OF DESOLATION's self-titled sophmore album was definitely one of those. Hailed as one of the brightest new "thrash" bands around, and landing a spot on the roster of the reputable Prosthetic Records, I expected at the least something resembling quality thrash metal. Well, I suppose this could be considered thrash......if bands like SANCTITY, UNEARTH, and THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER are thrash as well. This album is nothing more than a frighteningly run-of-the-mill metalcore album with perhaps a tinge more metal than core; simply not the kind of music that's gonna cut it. It's not worth the effort to go on much longer, everyone has heard this done before under a different guise. Simply avoid. At least now I know to be more wary when looking outside of the usual underground circles for thrash metal.