PDA

View Full Version : So I met Glen Alvelais today.....

ADD
06-12-2007, 09:20 PM
:party: I've never met any "famous" (well, he's not famous either but ya know) band members before, I was at the local music shop jamming with my friend and he was talking to some guy and saw my Exodus shirt so yeah, he cool, and large :lol: If you don't know he played on Forbidden's "Forbidden Evil" (in my opinion a classic thrash record) and Testament's "Demonic" albums, and he's got a project right now called Tenet with that drummer Adrian Erlandsson (At The Gates, Cradle Of Filth, Brujeria, The Haunted) and a guy from Strapping Young Lad.

I thought it was pretty cool, unexpected definitely. Anyone else ever randomly run into someone in the metal scene or know anyone like that? :)

ChildrenofSodom
06-12-2007, 09:26 PM
I know Doug from Kenoma. :eyes: And Chris Alderidge from Thinktank. Other than that, no.

Spiral_Slave
06-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Thomas Youngblood from Kamelot came into my work once. Took guitar lessons from Shane French ( Millenium, Circle II Circle, Jon Oliva's Pain ).

ADD
06-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Thomas Youngblood from Kamelot came into my work once. Took guitar lessons from Shane French ( Millenium, Circle II Circle, Jon Oliva's Pain ).

Don't forget Ralph :party:

Spiral_Slave
06-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Don't forget Ralph :party:

Yes, currently taking lessons from Ralph Santolla. :D

Spiral_Slave
06-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Wait, so did you know how he was when he approached you?

ADD
06-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Wait, so did you know how he was when he approached you?
Nope, but he did look familiar for some reason :eyes: I actually thought he was gonna say he was in Death Angel.

Spiral_Slave
06-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Nope, but he did look familiar for some reason :eyes:

Haha, so did he come up to you and was like, " Hey nice Exodus shirt. I don't know if you know this, but I'm Glen Alvelais. ;) "

ADD
06-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Haha, so did he come up to you and was like, " Hey nice Exodus shirt. I don't know if you know this, but I'm Glen Alvelais. ;) "
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah he was mentioning to the guy he was talking to about Forbidden and Tenet and I was like "Dude! Forbidden, fuck yeah" and then yeah, it was kinda weird at first :lol:

Spiral_Slave
06-12-2007, 09:44 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah he was mentioning to the guy he was talking to about Forbidden and Tenet and I was like "Dude! Forbidden, fuck yeah" and then yeah, it was kinda weird at first :lol:

:lol:

DethMaiden
06-13-2007, 03:31 AM
I met Brann Dailor and the dudes from lots of local bands including Mouth of the Architect and Kenoma.

SomewhereInTime72
06-13-2007, 11:53 AM
I've met Jens Johannson(Stratovarius) and Martin Mendez(Opeth). Cool stuff.

ChildrenofSodom
06-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Oh..forgot a few...I met Sal Lococo, the singer from Sworn Enemy, at their merch table, one of the guitarists from The Sword at their merch table, I eavesdropped a conversation one fan was having with all of Lacuna Coil after the show (because I didnt have the balls to talk to Cristina), and I said "good show" to Tom S. Englund after his show.

I dont know if those count as encounters.

overkiller
06-13-2007, 01:07 PM
I think most of you guys know my Overkill story, but here it is in brief again...

My neighbor (the wife of the family) is Dave Linsk's sister, so I was able to get backstage and meet the band at a show in NYC. Plus, Bobby Blitz and his wife own a chocolate shop 10 minutes from my house, so I went in and chatted with Bobby once.

DethMaiden
06-13-2007, 05:00 PM
If we count any and all encounters I've "run into" a hell of a lot of guys in bands at shows. :lol:

ADD
06-13-2007, 05:03 PM
If we count any and all encounters I've "run into" a hell of a lot of guys in bands at shows. :lol:
Local bands don't count :tongue:

DethMaiden
06-13-2007, 05:41 PM
Local bands don't count :tongue:

No, still, I've met guys from Mastodon, Priestess, Sworn Enemy, Five Horse Johnson, TSO, and a few others I'm forgetting...

overkiller
06-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Oh, I ran into Jack Frost on the street after a concert in NYC and I shook his hand :eyes: Mostly because he's in The Bronx Casket Co. :eyes:

powerslave_85
06-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Let's see...I've met all of Hatebreed, the singer of Tsunami Bomb, and 3/4 of Against Me!. AM! were the coolest.

JRA
06-13-2007, 07:34 PM
I was gonna post my Cunnlingus pic asking if it could count, but apparently I can't post attachments...:eyes:

Div
06-13-2007, 08:00 PM
I met Queensryche.