PDA

View Full Version : Dream Theater: Systematic Chaos

Fe Maiden
06-07-2007, 10:52 AM
So it's out now. Who has it? How is it? My copy won't arrive for a while since it is being shipped with something else released later this month.:eyes:

iggyb387
06-07-2007, 11:23 AM
I thought it was, at the very least, not dissapointing.

It has some of Dream Theater's catchiest hooks and melodies yet, and some crazy instrumental work. The lyrics are cheesier than ever, as John Petrucci decided to try power metal lyrics. Constant Motion, however, is quite annoying, except during the instrumental section. Once again, Dream Theater are terrible at picking which song to use as a single.

Overall, it's enjoyable, but not nearly as good as, say, Awake or SFAM.

hot_turkey_ed
06-07-2007, 07:03 PM
I pick it up next Tuesday. I'll be back.

Fe Maiden
06-08-2007, 06:24 AM
I pick it up next Tuesday. I'll be back.:cool:

zgodt
06-08-2007, 10:37 PM
I downloaded it. It sounds like it should make DT fans happy. If it wasn't for Petrucci and the singer, even I would probably enjoy it. As it was, I sampled 3 tracks for about 2 minutes each, and then just had to stop. There's some cool riffs, some cool ideas, in there... but something about the way they sound just makes me shudder and flee. :hecho:

Angelripper
06-09-2007, 02:26 AM
Constant Motion sounded pretty damn good.

Then LaBrie started singing.

Holy crap.

Fire that Canadian.

DethMaiden
06-09-2007, 07:10 PM
So far I've heard Constant Motion, and it is a slap in the face to all things progressive.

But I'll probably buy the album anyway.

Meuhhh
06-12-2007, 04:05 PM
It's what Dream Theater is nowadays : boring.

Mind you, I always liked them a lot, but it's so flavourless now, and stagnant.

They're the progressive band that never really progressed anywhere. My disappointment is progressively gaining in strenght, and making me wish they'd get a few new members in that band. Fresh blood, you know.

And James, besides being a bit annoying, you,d think that with this new look, this album would have sounded rawer. Well, as far as raw goes, I'd better stick to uncooked meat.

SomewhereInTime72
06-12-2007, 05:15 PM
It's what Dream Theater is usually : boring.

Fixed. :)

Fe Maiden
06-28-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm finding the instrumental sections incredible. I cannot stand the vocals on Dark Eternal Night:hecho:

I wonder if I should do a review?