9. The Number of The Beast
10. Fear of The Dark
11. Run To The Hills
12. Iron Maiden

----- ENCORES: -----

13. 2 Minutes To Midnight
14. The Evil That Men Do
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name

pretty predictable & good setlist , the only thing is that they have said that they woyuld play 5 NOTB songs and only did 4. Let's hope they add that X tra song in the few next shows ...

...let the whining begin :lol:

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

ADD
06-02-2007, 03:56 PM
What, they still haven't rehearsed 22 to perfection yet? Geez guys.

I was interested to see what 5 AMOLAD songs they would choose, I'm surprised about For The Greater Good Of God. I would've guessed The Pilgrim.

JRA
06-02-2007, 04:04 PM
What, they still haven't rehearsed 22 to perfection yet?

Fuck 22, bring out Invaders. If there was anytime to do it, now would be the time.

ADD
06-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Fuck 22, bring out Invaders. If there was anytime to do it, now would be the time.
Yeah but there's noooooooo way they'll do it.

JRA
06-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Yeah but there's noooooooo way they'll do it.

Thanks for reminding me Maiden have no balls anymore.

ADD
06-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Oh please :zzz: They STILL kick the ass of every other band in a live setting.

JRA
06-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Oh please :zzz:

It's the fucking truth, they say their gonna play 5 songs from Beast, and what do they do? Bring out the 4 songs they've already been playing for the past few years. Someone should hack in to Maiden's bank account and hold their paychecks from them until they do what the fans REALLY want.

ADD
06-02-2007, 04:11 PM
It's the fucking truth, they say their gonna play 5 songs from Beast, and what do they do? Bring out the 4 songs they've already been playing for the past few years. Someone should hack in to Maiden's bank account and hold their paychecks from them until they do what the fans REALLY want.
That is what 90% of the fans want. How many of the people at those shows are posting on message boards online? People want the songs they are playing I think. What surprises me is how the band aren't tired of playing them, or at least that they can pretend not to be.

JRA
06-02-2007, 04:13 PM
That is what 90% of the fans want. How many of the people at those shows are posting on message boards online? People want the songs they are playing I think. What surprises me is how the band aren't tired of playing them, or at least that they can pretend not to be.

:hmm: I would have to agree with all of that.

ADD
06-02-2007, 04:16 PM
:hmm: I would have to agree with all of that.
'Course :cool:

PowerMaiden
06-02-2007, 05:26 PM

yeah the fact that they"ve played the entire AMOLAD album last year proves that :duh:

why do I keep coming here, that's the real question :)

Cheers !
Power:666:Maiden

zgodt
06-02-2007, 05:41 PM
What, they still haven't rehearsed 22 to perfection yet? Geez guys.

I was interested to see what 5 AMOLAD songs they would choose, I'm surprised about For The Greater Good Of God. I would've guessed The Pilgrim.

It's the same 5 AMOLAD songs they played in Dubai earlier in the year. So no surprise, really.

For the Greater Good of God is like Dream of Mirrors in that it's a borefest on the album, but great live.

hot_turkey_ed
06-02-2007, 06:27 PM
yeah the fact that they"ve played the entire AMOLAD album last year proves that :duh:

why do I keep coming here, that's the real question :)

Cheers !
Power:666:Maiden

To keep the board's biggest Maiden lemming from getting lonely among the pissing and moaning about what was arguably the most popular band on the board? :)

My comments on the set list: I would have loved to hear it myself. Great list! I am happy when I hear them play basically anything, and it doesn't happen that often. Iron Maiden remains unchallenged as my favorite band of all time.

ADD
06-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Iron Maiden remains unchallenged as my favorite band of all time.

This is a given, no need for me to repeat it myself a million times, it's just implied. Obviously I'd give 3 kidneys to see this show, but I can still share my opinion if its not just praising whatever the band does.

hot_turkey_ed
06-02-2007, 06:38 PM
This is a given, no need for me to repeat it myself a million times, it's just implied. Obviously I'd give 3 kidneys to see this show, but I can still share my opinion if its not just praising whatever the band does.

My statement was more self affirmation than a critique of you or NPJ.

You know the history of Maiden here... it largely provides our initial unity but in the face of Ozzfest / Early Days, the board largely spilt. Maiden became division, even among the administrators. Case point: Allan. You remember how big a Maiden fan he was once.. he largely became their greatest critic. Bouville wasn't much friendlier but certainly less militant.

ADD
06-02-2007, 06:40 PM
My statement was more self affirmation than a critique of you or NPJ.

You know the history of Maiden here... it largely provides our initial unity but in the face of Ozzfest / Early Days, the board largely spilt. Maiden became division, even among the administrators. Case point: Allan. You remember how big a Maiden fan he was once.. he largely became their greatest critic. Bouville wasn't much friendlier but certainly less militant.
Yeah Ozzfest was definitely the turning point. But at least now there's more divserity in discussion than before even on Maiden-related subject instead of just "Maiden rules" a million different times.

Fe Maiden
06-02-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm surprised about For The Greater Good Of God. I would've guessed The Pilgrim.FTGGOG is a much better song live than Pilgrim IMO. They should add The Prisoner from NOTB:drool:

DethMaiden
06-02-2007, 07:01 PM
It is pretty shitty of them to promise five songs off of Number and then just say "Eh, fuck it, we'll do the ones we already know." They have an enormous back catalogue and choose to ignore 90% of it.

ADD
06-02-2007, 07:05 PM
FTGGOG is a much better song live than Pilgrim IMO. They should add The Prisoner from NOTB:drool:
Agree with both points.

ADD
06-02-2007, 07:05 PM
It is pretty shitty of them to promise five songs off of Number and then just say "Eh, fuck it, we'll do the ones we already know." They have an enormous back catalogue and choose to ignore 90% of it.
Durr.

JRA
06-02-2007, 07:31 PM

Yea, I had kind of forgotten about that. Sorry dude. :(

You keep coming here because I'm super awesome and hilarious! :D :eyes:

JRA
06-02-2007, 07:33 PM
To keep the board's biggest Maiden lemming from getting lonely among the pissing and moaning about what was arguably the most popular band on the board? :)

I noticed in 2005 that there was a SHITLOAD of anti-Maiden sentiment here. Even though it was coming from maybe 3 or 4 people. That's fine and all but's kind of rubbed off on me, and I just don't see Maiden as the same band anymore. Mind you I'm not making excuses, I'm just stating my negativity.

JRA
06-02-2007, 07:36 PM

It's pretty goddamn odd. I think i was doing a "threads from the past" check, and I literally remember Allan giving all sorts of praise to Maiden, and I was like ":wtf:"

PowerMaiden
06-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Up The Irons !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Div
06-02-2007, 09:17 PM
You know what sucks? When a band plays the same songs at every show for years and years and years and years on end. Why can't they play something off 7th Son or SiT? What the fuck is the matter with the fans who keep saying "omg i wanna here notb" have they even listened to the rest of Maiden's discography? Fuck.

I'm not really pissed at the band, just the fans who get all bitchy and snotty when the same washed up classics aren't played at every show. But I guess the band deserves some flak too for giving in to them. Wrathchild should NEVER be played live ever again, period. This band has such a huge catalogue to pick from and its a crime to have them just do the same old shit over and over just to please the tasteless fans.

More AMOLAD-style tours please :)

JRA
06-02-2007, 09:28 PM
You know what sucks? When a band plays the same songs at every show for years and years and years and years on end. Why can't they play something off 7th Son or SiT? What the fuck is the matter with the fans who keep saying "omg i wanna here notb" have they even listened to the rest of Maiden's discography? Fuck.

I'm not really pissed at the band, just the fans who get all bitchy and snotty when the same washed up classics aren't played at every show. But I guess the band deserves some flak too for giving in to them. Wrathchild should NEVER be played live ever again, period. This band has such a huge catalogue to pick from and its a crime to have them just do the same old shit over and over just to please the tasteless fans.

More AMOLAD-style tours please :)

CAUGHT. SOMEHWHERE. IN. TIME. (and they have three guitars, so they don't need a fucking PA intro for it anymore).

that is all.

ozz3
06-03-2007, 06:28 AM
Where is Prisoner? :eyes:

Good to see Children Of The Damned in the set, though. Hopefully it will stay there for the rest of their career. ;)

ADD
06-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Wrathchild should NEVER be played live ever again, period.

Why? It's 2 minutes long, simple as fuck, fun as fuck, it should be played at EVERY show as far as I'm concerned because one way or another it doesn't cut into the set length at all. They should do what you're saying and mix it up, but I mean taking out a song like Wrathchild doesn't make sense because its such a small portion of the set and is such a great live tune.

JRA
06-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Why? It's 2 minutes long, simple as fuck, fun as fuck, it should be played at EVERY show as far as I'm concerned because one way or another it doesn't cut into the set length at all. They should do what you're saying and mix it up, but I mean taking out a song like Wrathchild doesn't make sense because its such a small portion of the set and is such a great live tune.

Wrathchild is a fun little song, but I can't really understand how that one got to be the Killers live staple.

ADD
06-03-2007, 11:30 AM
Wrathchild is a fun little song, but I can't really understand how that one got to be the Killers live staple.

Well probably for the reasons I mention, it's short, simple, catchy, energetic, overall its just a perfect live song.

Div
06-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Well probably for the reasons I mention, it's short, simple, catchy, energetic, overall its just a perfect live song.

I get what you're saying, but Judas Be My Guide is only like 15 seconds longer than Wrathchild is. That would make a nice suprise to see in a set instead of Wrathchild all the time :cool:

ADD
06-03-2007, 03:57 PM
I get what you're saying, but Judas Be My Guide is only like 15 seconds longer than Wrathchild is. That would make a nice suprise to see in a set instead of Wrathchild all the time :cool:

Good point ;)

Fe Maiden
06-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Why can't they play something off 7th Son or SiT? Well they do have one song from 7th Son but you are very correct about SIT. It has just been ignored for too long!!!!

Fe Maiden
06-03-2007, 06:35 PM
CAUGHT. SOMEHWHERE. IN. TIME.I concur!!!!