PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Universal Studios

sylpriest
05-31-2007, 08:35 AM
As someone who lives in Orlando, this pisses me off. And I'm not the only one.

"Universal Studios is opening up a....Harry Potter theme park in Florida complete with the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the Forbidden Forest and Hogsmeade village.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, will open in late 2009 in Orlando, officials said Thursday..."

Couldn't they open a theme park not orientated to fat kids, losers and virgins? What next...a Dungeons and Dragons theme park. No adult likes Hary Potter. Well no mature adult with half a brain likes Harry Potter. Seriously. It's a fad theme park. What will do in 10 years when nobodys gives a fuck about harry potter?

Half the kids that read the book have never even seen sunlight so they can't go or they have no friends to go with them, because fictional characters don't count.

Will were at why don't we build a 24 theme park!
or a Spider-Man theme park?

Because those are what's "in" right now. And it would be stupid to do so. So why waste OUR tax money and all this shit to build a new theme park dedicated to the nerds of America?

Build a Harry Potter ride at IOA where all that stupid wizard shit is. Not dedicate all that land towards it. And seriously, nobody would go to this park. The religous right hate Harry Potter because of his "magic" and the left don't like Harry Potter for the fact that's it's nonsensical immature writing for kids. People will go to this park once and then go "eh fuck let's go home" never to return cause who would pay $50 for this bullshit.

Then Universal wonders why it can't keep up with Disney. Becuase there making stupid decisons like this bullshit.

I hope it's a trap to find anyone who likes that stupid book and keep them locked up in the theme park and never let them out. Cause that is the only good that'll come out of this theme park....

es156
05-31-2007, 09:31 AM
:lol: :lol:

Angelripper
05-31-2007, 10:13 AM
As someone who lives in Orlando, this pisses me off. And I'm not the only one.

"Universal Studios is opening up a....Harry Potter theme park in Florida complete with the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the Forbidden Forest and Hogsmeade village.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, will open in late 2009 in Orlando, officials said Thursday..."

Couldn't they open a theme park not orientated to fat kids, losers and virgins? What next...a Dungeons and Dragons theme park. No adult likes Hary Potter. Well no mature adult with half a brain likes Harry Potter. Seriously. It's a fad theme park. What will do in 10 years when nobodys gives a fuck about harry potter?

Half the kids that read the book have never even seen sunlight so they can't go or they have no friends to go with them, because fictional characters don't count.

or a Spider-Man theme park?

Because those are what's "in" right now. And it would be stupid to do so. So why waste OUR tax money and all this shit to build a new theme park dedicated to the nerds of America?

Build a Harry Potter ride at IOA where all that stupid wizard shit is. Not dedicate all that land towards it. And seriously, nobody would go to this park. The religous right hate Harry Potter because of his "magic" and the left don't like Harry Potter for the fact that's it's nonsensical immature writing for kids. People will go to this park once and then go "eh fuck let's go home" never to return cause who would pay $50 for this bullshit.

Then Universal wonders why it can't keep up with Disney. Becuase there making stupid decisons like this bullshit.

I hope it's a trap to find anyone who likes that stupid book and keep them locked up in the theme park and never let them out. Cause that is the only good that'll come out of this theme park....
Screw you, your mother, your father, your father's mother, and your mother's father's father who commits incest with your mother's father's mother to create hermaphrodite kids children called sylpriest.

Just kidding.

Harry Potter is the best creation ever.

Fe Maiden
05-31-2007, 10:48 AM
Harry Potter is the best creation ever.:hecho:

powerslave_85
05-31-2007, 11:00 AM

They already did, it's at Guantanamo Bay.

Div
05-31-2007, 11:06 AM

:lol: :lol: :fist:

sylpriest
05-31-2007, 11:46 AM

:party: :D

zgodt
05-31-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm a mature adult with more brains than you have, and I love Harry Potter.

:)

ADD
05-31-2007, 12:29 PM
Pre-ordered new book for months, gonna rule :fist:

hot_turkey_ed
05-31-2007, 12:37 PM
Some random ponts...

Disney bid on the Potter franchise but lost. Personally, I'm glad they lost it. Disney put out Narnia in response to Lord Of The Rings and it was a little cheap looking in comparison.

Potter is beyond fad at this point. Besides, theme parks are always borrowing stories to make them real for their customers.

Islands Of Adventures is a good park with good design and good story. Given the caliber of other attractions and incredible theming, I have some faith Universal will get Potterland right.

Universal did build a Spiderman theme park of sorts in its superhero district... I forget what they called it but you get my drift. Spiderman (The Ride) was a lot of fun and unlike anything I'd ridden at other parks. Good show!

ADD
05-31-2007, 12:42 PM
Lord Of The Kings

Gamma Ray song? :confused: :D

hot_turkey_ed
05-31-2007, 12:58 PM
Gamma Ray song? :confused: :D

It should be a powe metal song from somebody. Fixed.

More reading on Potterland.... visit Deadline Hollywood (http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/toldja-so-harry-potter-theme-park-within-a-theme-park-announced-by-warner-universal-see-first-peek/). They have design concept pictures up.

DethMaiden
05-31-2007, 01:06 PM
If Harry Potter deserves a theme park and Lord of the Rings, Dune, and the works of H.G. Wells do not, then fuck me side-saddle.

SomewhereInTime72
05-31-2007, 01:37 PM
Some random ponts...

Disney bid on the Potter franchise but lost. Personally, I'm glad they lost it. Disney put out Narnia in response to Lord Of The Rings and it was a little cheap looking in comparison.

Potter is beyond fad at this point. Besides, theme parks are always borrowing stories to make them real for their customers.

Islands Of Adventures is a good park with good design and good story. Given the caliber of other attractions and incredible theming, I have some faith Universal will get Potterland right.

Universal did build a Spiderman theme park of sorts in its superhero district... I forget what they called it but you get my drift. Spiderman (The Ride) was a lot of fun and unlike anything I'd ridden at other parks. Good show!
:fist:
If Harry Potter deserves a theme park and Lord of the Rings, Dune, and the works of H.G. Wells do not, then fuck me side-saddle.
:fist: :fist:

LOTR THEMEPARK!

theclansman1114
05-31-2007, 01:41 PM
LOTR THEMEPARK!

:drool:

JRA
05-31-2007, 01:48 PM

What the hell is a side-saddle? Your ear?

Div
05-31-2007, 02:06 PM
then fuck me side-saddle.

I do not understand your alien country boondocks lingo, please elaborate :confused:

And if I had to pick a book to be turned into a theme park, it would be Starship Troopers. Someone would just have to figure out how to breed the giant bugs...

sylpriest
05-31-2007, 02:17 PM
Some random ponts...

I think when the last Potter book and the last movie are all done with, people will move on from it. For every one person that likes it there are 3 more who hate it. I'm just pissed taxes in orlando are going for this park.

Islands of Adventure has a wizard and magic section. Alot of the rides there aren't popular and sectioned off. Why not just add a Harry Potter ride. Makes more sense then building a whole park to it.

And the spiderman "theme park" has the incredible hulk roller coaster, storm's wind tunnel, and Dr. Doom's Fear fall drop. It's the superhero section. I don't mind if they made a Harrp Potter section. Just don't waste all that time and money and land on one book.

I'm sure there are time tested things you can theme this new park around. Hell even a Star Wars theme park makes more sense.

DethMaiden
05-31-2007, 02:28 PM
What the hell is a side-saddle? Your ear?

It's a way of riding a horse. :eyes:

MetalDrummer888
05-31-2007, 03:20 PM

Pre-ordered new book for months, gonna rule :fist:

:party: :party:

Div
05-31-2007, 05:08 PM
Harry Potter would be cool if he didn't dick around all the time. I mean fuck if I had those powers I wouldn't be chasing spiders and crap.

sylpriest
05-31-2007, 05:26 PM

You Don't have to be old to be wise...

and I finished in the top 10 in my high school at graduation. The highest rated H.S in Orlando :)

I think we can agree on one thing.
They should make a theme park based on metal. Each section is it's own genre of music.

Slayer water ride!
GWAR themed shows!
Iron Maiden roller coasters!
Megadeth themed food!

Only problem would be the Ozzy Ozbourne ride would keep breaking down and trying to keep going.

hot_turkey_ed
05-31-2007, 05:33 PM
I think when the last Potter book and the last movie are all done with, people will move on from it. For every one person that likes it there are 3 more who hate it. I'm just pissed taxes in orlando are going for this park.

Islands of Adventure has a wizard and magic section. Alot of the rides there aren't popular and sectioned off. Why not just add a Harry Potter ride. Makes more sense then building a whole park to it.

And the spiderman "theme park" has the incredible hulk roller coaster, storm's wind tunnel, and Dr. Doom's Fear fall drop. It's the superhero section. I don't mind if they made a Harrp Potter section. Just don't waste all that time and money and land on one book.

I'm sure there are time tested things you can theme this new park around. Hell even a Star Wars theme park makes more sense.

Disney already has Star Wars. I don't keep track of events at WDW but isn't their Star Wars celebration about now?

It's more than one book... it's seven.

Why is Orlando paying for this? I would have figured they would be ultimately be on the receiving end of things.

sylpriest
05-31-2007, 05:41 PM
Disney already has Star Wars. I don't keep track of events at WDW but isn't their Star Wars celebration about now?

It's more than one book... it's seven.

Why is Orlando paying for this? I would have figured they would be ultimately be on the receiving end of things.

Yeah Star Wars weekend. It's at MGM studios. I went once. Never again. It's just all the star wars characters walking around. The rest of the park is just normal.

Well Universal is paying but they said that the construction costs, traffic back ups and the labor needed...it seems like taxes would be raised as has been said on the news here but yet to be confirmed.

Div
05-31-2007, 06:35 PM
Megadeth themed food!

so u get radiation poisoning when u eat it?

sylpriest
05-31-2007, 07:11 PM
so u get radiation poisoning when u eat it?

Ashes...IN YOUR MOUTH!!!

zgodt
06-01-2007, 08:46 AM
You Don't have to be old to be wise...

and I finished in the top 10 in my high school at graduation. The highest rated H.S in Orlando :)

I think we can agree on one thing.
They should make a theme park based on metal. Each section is it's own genre of music.

Slayer water ride!
GWAR themed shows!
Iron Maiden roller coasters!
Megadeth themed food!

Only problem would be the Ozzy Ozbourne ride would keep breaking down and trying to keep going.
You said no adult likes HP, or none that has half a brain. I was only demonstrating that your claim is full of shit. :)

Congratulations. :fist:

A metal-based theme park would suck eggs.

Especially if there was an Ozzfest 2005 carnival game. :hecho:

sylpriest
06-01-2007, 11:18 AM
You said no adult likes HP, or none that has half a brain. I was only demonstrating that your claim is full of shit. :)

Congratulations. :fist:

A metal-based theme park would suck eggs.

Especially if there was an Ozzfest 2005 carnival game. :hecho:

:D

i love this forum :party:

ChildrenofSodom
06-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Ashes...IN YOUR MOUTH!!!

:wow: good one:tp: