PDA

View Full Version : Music piracy crackdown nets college kids

es156
05-14-2007, 07:48 PM
Source: MSNBC (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18644781/wid/11915829?GT1=9951)

Well students, here is an interesting story for you to discuss.

Div
05-14-2007, 07:52 PM
You'll never catch me fuckers!! :fingers:

JRA
05-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Meh. Fuck em. As Lemmy said, "theft is theft."

OMG ARTITZ ONLY CaRe aBOUT M0Ney! Shut the fuck up!

Div
05-14-2007, 07:57 PM
They should quit while theyre ahead. This stuff only pushes it further underground.

like this guy for example: http://static.thepiratebay.org/dreamworks_response.txt

SomewhereInTime72
05-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Fear tactics will never work on me.

powerslave_85
05-14-2007, 08:40 PM
I know there's a few universities (UNC is one, if I remember correctly) who have refused to hand over student information to the RIAA. Good for them :fist:

ADD
05-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Mm, great, won't stop me :zzz:

DethMaiden
05-15-2007, 05:25 AM
You know my stance. Fuck 'em and good riddance.

EvilCheeseWedge
05-15-2007, 07:25 AM
Meh. Fuck em. As Lemmy said, "theft is theft."

OMG ARTITZ ONLY CaRe aBOUT M0Ney! Shut the fuck up!
Downloading is not theft, it's infringement. It's not a criminal matter, it's a civil one. All the bullshit the industry spews is just that. Oddly enough there is a difference between walking into a store and stealing a CD off the shelf and downloading the music from that CD on your PC. Perhaps morally, there isn't a difference, but legally... there sure is.

zgodt
05-15-2007, 09:15 AM
This place is full of jackbooted totalitarian thugs. :eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
05-15-2007, 10:59 AM
The hate the girl-in-the-article's response "Obviously I knew it was illegal, but no one got in trouble for it"...Does she not know what the fuck "illegal" means. I feel no sympathy for her if she knew what she was doing was wrong.

Div
05-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Sense I download my music (among other things) from a bit-torrent tracker located in Sweden, there's not much they can do to me. But yea, stuff like Limewire and Kazaa became unsafe years ago, I wouldn't use it anymore.

ADD
05-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Only major n00bs use shit like Limewire or Kazaa and the like :hecho: Blogs are king :allan: Some bands nowadays are even putting their albums online for free themselves, and we're not just talking about big namers like Nine Inch Nails and stuff, underground acts are doing the same. It just PROVES that no matter what level you are the record labels and the industry of music are the ones making the profits and not the bands. Buy the album if you a) support the label or b) want the full package the band is offering (booklet, whatever else, not a lot of creative packaging with CDs these days though unfortunately). Don't buy music under the illusion that you are helping feed your favorite band; buy a concert ticket, buy a t-shirt, buy a coffee mug if you want to do that :D

JRA
05-15-2007, 12:27 PM
It just PROVES that no matter what level you are the record labels and the industry of music are the ones making the profits and not the bands. Buy the album if you a) support the label or b) want the full package the band is offering (booklet, whatever else, not a lot of creative packaging with CDs these days though unfortunately). Don't buy music under the illusion that you are helping feed your favorite band; buy a concert ticket, buy a t-shirt, buy a coffee mug if you want to do that :D

:hmm: :allan:

DethMaiden
05-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Only major n00bs use shit like Limewire or Kazaa and the like :hecho: Blogs are king :allan: Some bands nowadays are even putting their albums online for free themselves, and we're not just talking about big namers like Nine Inch Nails and stuff, underground acts are doing the same. It just PROVES that no matter what level you are the record labels and the industry of music are the ones making the profits and not the bands. Buy the album if you a) support the label or b) want the full package the band is offering (booklet, whatever else, not a lot of creative packaging with CDs these days though unfortunately). Don't buy music under the illusion that you are helping feed your favorite band; buy a concert ticket, buy a t-shirt, buy a coffee mug if you want to do that :D

Fair enough. But I only buy CDs for self-satisfaction. I like to physically own my music.

Bouville
05-15-2007, 06:56 PM
This place is full of jackbooted totalitarian thugs. :eyes:

I know :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
05-15-2007, 06:57 PM
I know :lol:

those hooligans :eyes: