PDA

View Full Version : IRON MAIDEN Announces Tour Details / A MATTER OF THE BEAST SUMMER TOUR 07

hot_turkey_ed
05-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Source: Iron Maidenp (http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=8&p2_articleid=464)

In acknowledgement of the 25th anniversary of the release of their seminal album "The Number of the Beast" and the tremendous International success of their recent album "A Matter of Life and Death", IRON MAIDEN'S forthcoming June dates in Europe will go under the banner of A MATTER OF THE BEAST SUMMER TOUR 07. The band will be playing 5 songs from each of these albums plus other fan favourites and will be taking out a full on stage production which will include the final appearances of Eddie's notorious tank!!

Says vocalist Bruce Dickinson; " Its always a lot of fun for us to play outdoors in the summer. It tends to be a different vibe to playing indoors, much more of a party atmosphere so its good to put together a set list that matches this. There has been a lot of interest in the 25th anniversary of the release of Number of the Beast so we thought it would be great to give the fans a bit of extra Beast this summer to acknowledge this"

:uk:

powerslave_85
05-08-2007, 10:58 PM
For the 5 NOTB songs, I'm gonna guess:
-Children of the Damned
-The Prisoner
-NOTB
-Run to the Hills
-Hallowed Be Thy Name

ozz3
05-09-2007, 01:54 AM
I really hope they do Children Of The Damned and The Prisoner! It's a shame that they have in a way forgotten those gems. They could replace Run To The Hills and 666 with those two easily.

"I'm not a prisoner, I'm a free man!" :rocker:

But with my luck they do 22 Acaccia Avenue and Gangland instead... :shock:

zgodt
05-09-2007, 05:45 AM
For the 5 NOTB songs, I'm gonna guess:
-Children of the Damned
-The Prisoner
-NOTB
-Run to the Hills
-Hallowed Be Thy Name

I'd bet on 22 Acacia Avenue instead of The Prisoner; but I hope you're right.

Not that I'll get any closer than a bootleg anyway. :(

DethMaiden
05-09-2007, 05:55 AM
Europe :bouville:

JRA
05-09-2007, 06:30 AM
I say the band show some balls and choose these.

Invaders
Children Of The Damned
The Prisoner
22 Acacia Avenue
Hallowed Be Thy Name

ADD
05-09-2007, 11:53 AM
How kickass would it be with if they opened with Total Eclipse? :party:

JRA
05-09-2007, 11:58 AM
How kickass would it be with if they opened with Total Eclipse? :party:

:hmm:

sneakbobcat
05-09-2007, 01:58 PM
I'd rather they played Run To The Hills because i've not seen it live yet.

zgodt
05-09-2007, 08:54 PM
I'd rather they played Run To The Hills because i've not seen it live yet.
There is precisely a 0.0000000% chance that they will skip "Run to the Hills."

EvilCheeseWedge
05-10-2007, 06:44 AM
What's funny is if they tour America they will be forced to remove half of the show due to "time restraints." Some nights will be "A Matter of Iron Maiden" and the others, "The Beast of Iron Maiden." Canada, however, will get both ;)

JRA
05-10-2007, 07:00 AM
What's funny is if they tour America they will be forced to remove half of the show due to "time restraints." Some nights will be "A Matter of Iron Maiden" and the others, "The Beast of Iron Maiden." Canada, however, will get both ;)

Actually, they played the full show on the DoD and AMOLAD tours didn't they?

EvilCheeseWedge
05-10-2007, 07:55 AM
Actually, they played the full show on the DoD and AMOLAD tours didn't they?
DoD had a tour!? :lol:

JRA
05-10-2007, 07:58 AM
DoD had a tour!? :lol:

Well, there were shows played.

EvilCheeseWedge
05-10-2007, 08:05 AM
Well, there were shows played.
Yeah, 5 or whatever. But AMOLAD was a full tour, you're right. It's when IM is in America in the summers that we get the shaft.

JRA
05-10-2007, 08:41 AM
I think Maiden should scrap AMOLAD and give us NOTB in its entirety, especially since they were so pretentious to think that playing all of the new album because they thought it would be "good for us." Fuck you and "PLAY CLASSIX!"

Div
05-10-2007, 08:51 AM
I think Maiden should scrap AMOLAD and give us SSoaSS in its entirety, especially since they were so pretentious to think that playing all of the new album because they thought it would be "good for us." Fuck you and "PLAY CLASSIX!"

:agree:

tmactaggart
05-10-2007, 09:10 AM
Ah so pwnage I will get to see this amazing set at download festival:D

you guys = owned

ADD
05-10-2007, 11:53 AM
I think Maiden should scrap AMOLAD and give us NOTB in its entirety, especially since they were so pretentious to think that playing all of the new album because they thought it would be "good for us." Fuck you and "PLAY CLASSIX!"

Faggot :hecho: Cunts who really want to hear the classics should have gone and seen 'em in '99 or '03, or cut back on McDonald's and video game expenses to book a week-long trip to Europe.

PLAY VIRTUAL XI IN ITS ENTIRETY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EvilCheeseWedge
05-10-2007, 11:59 AM

:hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho:

That's a recipe for an egging right there :lol:

ADD
05-10-2007, 12:07 PM
:hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho:

That's a recipe for an egging right there :lol:
And an excuse to kick ass in the name of Iron Maiden :fist:

EvilCheeseWedge
05-10-2007, 12:10 PM
And an excuse to kick ass in the name of Iron Maiden :fist:
They should play "Futureal" again. The live version on Eddie's Archives is fucking superb. Not because it's Bruce singing over Blaze, but because the band puts serious balls into the performance.

ADD
05-10-2007, 12:11 PM
They should play "Futureal" again. The live version on Eddie's Archives is fucking superb. Not because it's Bruce singing over Blaze, but because the band puts serious balls into the performance.
Disagree, I like the studio version better.

EvilCheeseWedge
05-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Disagree, I like the studio version better.
Bah, the production on the studio version blows and it lacks balls the live one has

Bouville
05-10-2007, 03:17 PM

YES :mad: