PDA

View Full Version : The official "things to do before you die" thread

Div
05-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Everyone's got 'em, so post your list of things that you would like to do before you die.

powerslave_85
05-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Kill a cop.

Kidding :D

ChildrenofSodom
05-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Have sex
Have a wife
Have kids
Have a band
Have a steady job
Find God
Get elected to a public office
Stick it to the man
Lose weight
Bulk up
Visit Reagan's grave

Thats about it.

JRA
05-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Fuck Sylvia Saint
Fuck Kobe Tai
Fuck Jamie Pressley
Be an on-air guest on Eddie Trunks's show
Visit Hawaii

MetalDrummer888
05-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Have sex
Find God

Have a steady job
Get elected to a public office

Lose weight
Bulk up

Stick it to the man
Visit Reagan's grave

i see some contradictions here :lol:

Div
05-06-2007, 08:21 PM
I'd like to crash a plane of orphans into a deserted island to test the validity of Lord of the Flies.

MetalDrummer888
05-06-2007, 08:22 PM
I'd like to crash a plane of orphans into a deserted island to test the validity of Lord of the Flies.

:lol:

ill leave that to you :eyes:

JRA
05-06-2007, 08:23 PM

How will you be able to be an observer?

Div
05-06-2007, 08:24 PM
How will you be able to be an observer?

You remember the fat kid? His glasses have a two way camera in them.

JRA
05-06-2007, 08:24 PM

what? Since when?

MetalDrummer888
05-06-2007, 08:26 PM

but doesnt he die partway through?

Div
05-06-2007, 08:26 PM
what? Since when?

Since I switched them in his sleep, before he got on the plane.

JRA
05-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Since I switched them in his sleep, before he got on the plane.

ah... smooth.:D

Div
05-06-2007, 08:28 PM
but doesnt he die partway through?

Yea, but I figure if it gets to that point I'll know wether the book was right or not.

JRA
05-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Yea, but I figure if it gets to that point I'll know wether the book was right or not.

what if there's no fat kid on the plane?

MetalDrummer888
05-06-2007, 08:29 PM

ah.

good call.

ChildrenofSodom
05-06-2007, 08:31 PM
i see some contradictions here :lol:

I dont...those are all different....

JRA
05-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Fuck Sylvia Saint
Fuck Kobe Tai
Fuck Jamie Pressley

Visit Hawaii

Add "be an on air guest on Eddie Trunk's radio show" to that.

I'd also add "Do 20 questions with Metal Sludge" if that site wasn't dead. :bouville:

Div
05-06-2007, 08:33 PM
what if there's no fat kid on the plane?

I'll tell CoS the plane is going to Reagans Grave.

(sorry Cameron, you can have a free shot at me next time :tongue: )

JRA
05-06-2007, 08:34 PM

(sorry Cameron, you can have a free shot at me next time :P )

I'm sorry that was hilarious!

ChildrenofSodom
05-06-2007, 08:36 PM

(sorry Cameron, you can have a free shot at me next time :tongue: )

sigh

Bouville
05-06-2007, 08:38 PM
To finish this damn dissertation... I am very close but still it is a fucking pain in the ass :bouville:

MetalDrummer888
05-06-2007, 08:42 PM
sigh

even i would never have said that :snivel:

thats what you get for posting pics of yourself :lol:

MetalDrummer888
05-06-2007, 08:43 PM
I dont...those are all different....

thats what a contadiction is :dorky:

ChildrenofSodom
05-06-2007, 08:48 PM
thats what a contadiction is :dorky:

they are unrelated...but not contradicting

MetalDrummer888
05-06-2007, 09:01 PM
they are unrelated...but not contradicting

well,

having a steady job and running for office contradict eachother because you only serve for a few years in most positions and getting elected is never certain

losing weight and bulking up are obviously contradictions. what you probably mean is lose fat and gain muscle, but it still sounds funny.

Visiting Ronald Reagan's grave and sticking it to the man are contradictions because Reagan was a huge conservative. You cant be a rebel by worshipping the guy whose platform was tradtional values.

Now, the God/sex thing was just me taking a pot-shot at your constantly evolving religious views. Ignore it if you so choose.

btw, none of those comments were ment to spark a serious debate. my first comment was intended as a joke so dont go apeshit on me.

powerslave_85
05-06-2007, 09:07 PM
Visit Reagan's grave
Me too. But I'm going to make sure I drink a Big Gulp before I do :eyes: :D

JRA
05-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Me too. But I'm going to make sure I drink a Big Gulp before I do :eyes: :D

As opposed to chili burritos?

ChildrenofSodom
05-06-2007, 09:12 PM
well,

having a steady job and running for office contradict eachother because you only serve for a few years in most positions and getting elected is never certain

Visiting Ronald Reagan's grave and sticking it to the man are contradictions because Reagan was a huge conservative. You cant be a rebel by worshipping the guy whose platform was tradtional values.

most politicians have jobs before and after they hold office.....And Reagan kicked ass.....and he isnt my idea of "The Man."

Div
05-06-2007, 09:29 PM
what you probably mean is lose fat and gain muscle, but it still sounds funny.

looks funny too!

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/9927/cosroids1gh2.jpg

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/5157/cosroids2en6.jpg

(someday, he's going to think of a good insult for me, and this is going to comeback to bite me in the ass)

SirLardsAlot
05-06-2007, 09:30 PM
I rarely watched the Drew Carey Show, but I always remember, from one of the like 3 episodes I watched, he had a "To Do Before I Die" list and there were like 2 things on the list. The one I always remember is "Grab a boobie."

:party: :party: :party:

ChildrenofSodom
05-06-2007, 09:34 PM
looks funny too!

(someday, he's going to think of a good insult for me, and this is going to comeback to bite me in the ass)

THOSE ARE FUCKING GREAT!! HAHAHA

Div
05-06-2007, 09:38 PM
THOSE ARE FUCKING GREAT!! HAHAHA

Put it up on your myspace, youll get all the ladies. ;)

ChildrenofSodom
05-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Put it up on your myspace, youll get all the ladies. ;)

I will!

powerslave_85
05-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Trying to keep it somewhat realistic:
-Travel to every continent
-Do humanitarian work somewhere that needs it
-Skydive (even though I'm terrified of heights)
-Learn to fly a plane
-Own a sailboat
-Go on a motorcycle trip from coast to coast
-Rob a bank (yes, I'm mostly serious about this)
-Ride in a jet fighter
-Be involved in a riot (also serious about this)
-Be in a death metal, grindcore, or punk band
-Own a home in Nantucket
-Go scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef
-Swim with great white sharks (inside one of those cages, of course)

ozz3
05-07-2007, 01:45 AM
Hmm..

Have sex
Get drunk
Get drunk with whiskey
Drive a car
Visit every continet
Visit Ireland
Read Nick Cave's "And The Ass Saw The Angel"
Shake hands with Tony Iommi
Visit Jim Morrison's grave
See Flogging Molly playing live
See Kiss playing live
See Iron Maiden playing live
See Rocky Horror Picture Show in theater
See Segio Leone's western-films in theater
Watch everything that Mony Python has done
Watch every Twin Peaks episode and eat coffee and cherry pie at the same time
Go see NHL-game
Find a woman/man to spend your life with
Have dreams and make some of them come true
Kill Bill :D
Play a wild guitar solo and think you're cool
Destroy your room or a hotel room
Shoot a gun
Enjoy your life, 'cause it's the only one your going to get
Do a "things to do before you die" -list

I might add something later.

DethMaiden
05-07-2007, 03:39 AM
See Queensrÿche. Twice.

*kills self*

But seriously, I'll do a list later when I have more time.

MetalDrummer888
05-07-2007, 05:02 PM
looks funny too!

somebody has WAY to much time on their hands :eyes:

DreamEvil001
05-07-2007, 06:13 PM
And Reagan kicked ass.....and he isnt my idea of "The Man."

what about reagan kicks ass?

ADD
05-07-2007, 06:17 PM

Supply-side economics and letting my dad into this country :realchug:

DethMaiden
05-07-2007, 06:21 PM

:party:

Even though Teddy Roosevelt could kick his ass :eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
05-07-2007, 06:23 PM

Shitting on the Soviet Union....being funny....Having big balls....Comforting the nation in times of need (IE: Challenger explosion).....surviving an assasination attempt....ummm

DreamEvil001
05-07-2007, 06:27 PM

i think supply-side economics blow, favoring the wealthy and relying on the "trickle-down" and benevolence to benefit the poor rather than government assistance, also increases the deficit, especially terrible at a time when we were spending on defense like crazy, but ok

did a reagan policy let your dad in the country when policy under another president didn't? or did your dad just happen to arrive here while reagan was president?

ADD
05-07-2007, 06:27 PM
did a reagan policy let your dad in the country when policy under another president didn't?

Yup :cool:

DreamEvil001
05-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Shitting on the Soviet Union....being funny....Having big balls....Comforting the nation in times of need (IE: Challenger explosion).....surviving an assasination attempt....ummm

the soviet union was already about to collapse, in fact increasing our defense spending led to an increase in there's which allowed them to survive a little longer, though it did bite them in the ass later

he was annoying and senile. our president not being intelligent and having a hard time remebering shit is not that funny to me

i cant comment on the size of his balls

comforting the nation doesn't equate to good policy. i can tell you a fucking comforting bed-time story, but it doesnt mean you'll wake up to a good life

an assassin being incompetent doesn't qualify a president as "kick-ass" in my book

SomewhereInTime72
05-07-2007, 06:30 PM
i think supply-side economics blow, favoring the wealthy and relying on the "trickle-down" and benevolence to benefit the poor rather than government assistance, also increases the deficit, especially terrible at a time when we were spending on defense like crazy, but ok

drrr drrr it helped fix our economy drr

DreamEvil001
05-07-2007, 06:31 PM

well, is your dad cool?

just kidding, that is nice that he was allowed in. im sure hes a productive citizen, and god knows we're all thankful to have you here addi

DreamEvil001
05-07-2007, 06:32 PM
drrr drrr it helped fix our economy drr

i dont think so, but its hard to tell because the dot-com boom energized our economy for a while, masking a possible depression.

and our national debt went through the roof, so i dont know if that can be called fixing the economy

MetalDrummer888
05-07-2007, 06:35 PM

your mind is so far back in the stone age. it really scares me that people as ignorant as you will eventually be voting.

good lord. go read your us history textbook and see what it has to say about reagan. Supply Side economics were one of the most amazing policy failures ever. The guy cut government spending by closing all federal mental institutions and letting all the ill out onto the streets while funding the STARWARS program when the entire scientific community told him it would never work. He may have been a cool guy with a cool personality, but most of the problems in our country today, such as the extraordinary debt and unbalanced military spending, starting during reagan;s presidency. If you think that being funny and talking big makes a good president, then that is trully sad. Your understanding of history is amazing sketching considering your inteligience. You must understand that it was not reagan who undid the soviets. They were already fucking themselves, the soviet union's collapse had absolutely nothing to do with Reagan's heroics and everything to do with Gorbachev and the economic problems that russia was facing at the time. Gorbahev was the one who started arms reduction talks while reagan was still spewing out red scare bullshit. You sound just like a cold warrior . . . if you actually think that there was any threat for reagan to shit on then you are completely and totally one of the most disillusioned people i have ever known.

MetalDrummer888
05-07-2007, 06:37 PM

that doesnt change the fact that he was a fucking idiot.

SomewhereInTime72
05-07-2007, 06:38 PM
i dont think so, but its hard to tell because the dot-com boom energized our economy for a while, masking a possible depression.

and our national debt went through the roof, so i dont know if that can be called fixing the economy

Thats true, but I can think of an administration thats done worse things for the national debt. :tongue:

DethMaiden
05-07-2007, 06:38 PM
Okay MD888, who was a good president then? Your standards are exceedingly high if Reagan sucks.

JRA
05-07-2007, 06:40 PM
If Reagan was never president Lindsay Lohan wouldn't have any cocaine to be addicted to.:eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
05-07-2007, 06:46 PM
your mind is so far back in the stone age. it really scares me that people as ignorant as you will eventually be voting.

good lord. go read your us history textbook and see what it has to say about reagan. Supply Side economics were one of the most amazing policy failures ever. The guy cut government spending by closing all federal mental institutions and letting all the ill out onto the streets while funding the STARWARS program when the entire scientific community told him it would never work. He may have been a cool guy with a cool personality, but most of the problems in our country today, such as the extraordinary debt and unbalanced military spending, starting during reagan;s presidency. If you think that being funny and talking big makes a good president, then that is trully sad. Your understanding of history is amazing sketching considering your inteligience. You must understand that it was not reagan who undid the soviets. They were already fucking themselves, the soviet union's collapse had absolutely nothing to do with Reagan's heroics and everything to do with Gorbachev and the economic problems that russia was facing at the time. Gorbahev was the one who started arms reduction talks while reagan was still spewing out red scare bullshit. You sound just like a cold warrior . . . if you actually think that there was any threat for reagan to shit on then you are completely and totally one of the most disillusioned people i have ever known.

I gave the most generic and simple reasons that I like him..Those are the most obvious...If you want me to take time out of my busy homework schedule, and make me lose sleep the night before Heaven and Hell, then I can right a fucking book on why I like Reagan, his beliefs, his policies, and his presidency. Once again your blunt elitism is getting on my nerves, so I will let you think what you want about me....I dont know how you could draw all those conclusions from 5 or 6 generic snippets....Oh well....You have a stick up your ass, and I dont want to start anymore shit with you....

I believe I will be one of more educated voters in my class, no matter what you say. And calling him/me a retard because we dont/didnt align with your core beliefs, is very immature.

Good night.

MetalDrummer888
05-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Okay MD888, who was a good president then? Your standards are exceedingly high if Reagan sucks.

you have to understand, you cant just order the presidents in terms of how good they were. You and CoS are very very conservative and believe that supply-side economics and military spending during the cold war were good policies. I am (in case you cant tell) very very liberal so i believe that a policy that benefits the rich while screwing the lower half and a enormous deficit, not because of government help to american industries of better education, but to a missile program continued long after the soviet threat had dissapated, was a bad idea. Yes, i think reagan was a terrible president, and it saddens me that so many people do not fully comprehend the effects of his policies. You see him as the strong, brave, all-american who lifted america out of the moral depression after the vietnam war and kicked the commies asses in the cold war. This stuff is patheticly shallow. If you really want some real historical proof, just tell me and ill crack out my history book.

and as to which presidents i admire, i havent really given it much thought . . . all of them had some flaws. I think that FDR and Lincoln are the two greatest presidents in my book. I also really respect Alexander Hamilton even though he was never president.

ChildrenofSodom
05-07-2007, 06:47 PM

Exactly....apparently this kid thinks everyone would suck at being president except himself.

WHINY TEEN FOR PRESIDENT!!

ChildrenofSodom
05-07-2007, 06:50 PM
you have to understand, you cant just order the presidents in terms of how good they were. You and CoS are very very conservative and believe that supply-side economics and military spending during the cold war were good policies. I am (in case you cant tell) very very liberal so i believe that a policy that benefits the rich while screwing the lower half and a enormous deficit, not because of government help to american industries of better education, but to a missile program continued long after the soviet threat had dissapated, was a bad idea. Yes, i think reagan was a terrible president, and it saddens me that so many people do not fully comprehend the effects of his policies. You see him as the strong, brave, all-american who lifted america out of the moral depression after the vietnam war and kicked the commies asses in the cold war. This stuff is patheticly shallow. If you really want some real historical proof, just tell me and ill crack out my history book.

and as to which presidents i admire, i havent really given it much thought . . . all of them had some flaws. I think that FDR and Lincoln are the two greatest presidents in my book. I also really respect Alexander Hamilton even though he was never president.

I never said I loved his "save the rich/fuck the poor" policies. I think we have to feed/clothe the poor, while still promoting businesses in the private sector. No president has been able to expand the upperclass AND raise the lower class. That is sad

And with military spending, I am not really sure what a higher national debt does. I am not sure of the direct effects of it, other than a number that is constantly rising on paper. If someone could explain that to me, that would be great.

DethMaiden
05-07-2007, 06:50 PM

I'm not gonna touch this one. First of all, you have my belief system all wrong. Second of all, you aren't genuinely liberal, you're liberal in the sense that you accept everything liberals tell you. Third of all, FDR and Lincoln were good presidents, probably better than Reagan, but he didn't suck, you just want very much to believe he did.

SomewhereInTime72
05-07-2007, 06:51 PM
Yes, i think reagan was a terrible president, and it saddens me that so many people do not fully comprehend the effects of his policies. You see him as the strong, brave, all-american who lifted america out of the moral depression after the vietnam war and kicked the commies asses in the cold war. This stuff is patheticly shallow. If you really want some real historical proof, just tell me and ill crack out my history book.

Noones actually been saying that. :eyes: You're just being incredibly Holier-Than-Thou right now. :eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
05-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Noones actually been saying that. :eyes: You're just being incredibly Holier-Than-Thou right now. :eyes:

He always has that straw-man mentality.

sylpriest
05-07-2007, 06:54 PM
One thing I wanted to do before I died was read this thread....

DISAPOINTMENT!!!!!!!!

SomewhereInTime72
05-07-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm not gonna touch this one. First of all, you have my belief system all wrong. Second of all, you aren't genuinely liberal, you're liberal in the sense that you accept everything liberals tell you. Third of all, FDR and Lincoln were good presidents, probably better than Reagan, but he didn't suck, you just want very much to believe he did.

Honestly, FDR and Lincoln were 2 of our best presidents, and just because Reagan wasn't quite as awesome as them, definitely doesn't mean he sucked. An intense amount of presidents have been worse for the country, some liberal, some conservative, but saying Reagan sucks is probably being just as ignorant in regards to his policies as you are claiming Brad and Cameron to be. :hmm:

For the record, I think Brad isn't very very conservative and more like just a bit right of center. Also, I think Reagan's Middle East policies helped to bring down the Soviet Union, though they were on the road to collapsing anyway.

:hmm:

JRA
05-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Can someone tell me why people link Bill O Reilly to falafels?

SomewhereInTime72
05-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Can someone tell me why people link Bill O Reilly to falafels?

I don't care for the taste of either.

ChildrenofSodom
05-07-2007, 07:05 PM
For the record, I think Brad isn't very very conservative and more like just a bit right of center. Also, I think Reagan's Middle East policies helped to bring down the Soviet Union, though they were on the road to collapsing anyway.

:hmm:

I hope I dont come off as reactionary...Over the summer i read O'Reilly, Hannity, Limbaugh, etc...really fucked up my mind...hopefully I have moved back to the real world since then....:D I am trying to become more moderate/liberal/libertarian..I REALLY AM :(

DethMaiden
05-07-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm fiscally conservative and socially liberal, with very few exceptions. It's as simple as that.

MetalDrummer888
05-07-2007, 07:31 PM
from my history textbook:

Reagan's economic policy was based largely on "supply-side economics," the theory that tax cuts (rather than government spending) will creat economic growth. According to this theory, at some point rising tax rates discourage people from engaging in taxable activities (such as investing their money); if profits from investments simply dissapear to taxes, what is the insentive to invest? As people invest less, the economy slows. Even though tax rates remain high, the government collects less tax revenue because the economy stalls. Cutting taxes, on the other had, reverses the cycle ad increases tax revenues.

so, this is the basic conservative economic theory gentlemen. Sounds good? Read this:

In 1981, the administration succeeded in cutting funding for social welfare progras by $25 billion, But "welfare" (Aid to families with Dependent Children and food stampt programs) was a small part of the budget compared with Social Security and Medicare-- social welfare programs that benefited Americans of all income levels, not just the poor. Major budget cuts for these popular, broadly based programs prooved impossible. The Reagan Administration did shrink the proportion of the federal budget devoted to social welfare programs from 28 to 22 percent by the latte 1980s-- but a $1.2 trillion increase in defense spending, rather than budget cuts was responcible for the shift.
Reagan also attacked federal environmental, heath, ad safetly regulations that, he believed, reduced business profits and discourged economic growth. Enviromentalists were appalled when Reagan appointed James Watt, a well-known antienvironmentalist, as secretary of the interior. Watt dismissed the need to protect national resources and public wilderness lands for future generations, telling members of Congress during his 1981 Senate confirmation hearing, "I don't know how many generations we can count on until the Lord returns."
Major tax cuts; big increases in defense spending; small cuts in social programs; the numbers did not add up. The annual dederal budget deficit exploded-- from $59 billion in 1980 to more than $100 billion in 1982, to almost $300 billion by the end of George Bush's presidency in 1992. The federal government borrowed money to make up the difference, trasforming the United States from the world's largets creditor nation to its larget debtor. The national debt grew to $3 trillion. Because an even greater share of the dederal government went to pay the interest on this ballooning debt, less was available for dederal programs, federal or domestic.

it goes on to explain in great detail how this hurt the america economy and a small depression and high unemployment rose. The Federal Reserve Bank had to step in and control the inflation before it got out of hand and saved america's ass.

By the presidential election of 1984, the recession was only a memory. Reagan got credit for the recovery, though it had little to do with his supply-side economics.
The Reagan administration loosened regulation of American banking and finance industries and purposefully cut the enforcement of the Securities and Exchange Commission, which oversees Wall Street. In the early 1980s Congress deregulated the nation's savings-and-loan institutions (S&Ls). S&Ls inscreasingly put deposutors' money into high-risk investments and engaged in shady-- even criminal deals. The Reagan-Bush administration's bailout of the S&L industry cost taxpayers half a trillion dollars.
Finally, during the 1980s, the rish got richer, and the poor got poorer. Most of the new inequality was due to Reaga's economic policies, which benefites the wealthy at the expense of middle- to lower-income Americans. Reagans tax policies decreased the "total effective tax rates"-- income taxes plus social security taxes-- for the top 1 percent by 14.4 percent. But they increased tax rates for the porrest 20 percent of families by 16 percent. By 1990, the ritchest 1 percent of families controlled 40 percet of the nation's wealth; fully 80 percent of the wealth was controlled by the top 20 percent. Not since the 1920s had America seen such economic inequality.

Here is a nice table:

Wealthiest 1% ______________________77%

Wealthiest Fifth _____________________29%

Second Wealthiest Fifth ______________9%

Middle Fifth_________________________4%

Second Poorest Fifth_________________-1%

Poorest Fifth________________________-9%

This is why i hate Ronald Reagan, not as a person, but as a president.

btw, this is just the economic stuff. wait till i get started on the iran-contra scandal, and the other global blunders.

:allan:

overkiller
05-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Oh good, another psuedo-political argument for me to not read.

MetalDrummer888
05-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Honestly, FDR and Lincoln were 2 of our best presidents, and just because Reagan wasn't quite as awesome as them, definitely doesn't mean he sucked. An intense amount of presidents have been worse for the country, some liberal, some conservative, but saying Reagan sucks is probably being just as ignorant in regards to his policies as you are claiming Brad and Cameron to be. :hmm:

far enough. there are plenty of presidents that were worse than reagan. BY FAR. but the thing is, everybody knows they were bad-- people still think that reagan was the amazing president, when in fact he was only moderately successful in some aspects.

MetalDrummer888
05-07-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm fiscally conservative and socially liberal, with very few exceptions. It's as simple as that.

socially liberal eh? then read my long long post and tell me how reagan was socially liberal.

DethMaiden
05-07-2007, 07:35 PM
socially liberal eh? then read my long long post and tell me how reagan was socially liberal.

I can't like people unless their political beliefs align exactly with mine? If this were true I wouldn't like any presidents.

MetalDrummer888
05-07-2007, 07:35 PM
I hope I dont come off as reactionary...Over the summer i read O'Reilly, Hannity, Limbaugh, etc...really fucked up my mind...hopefully I have moved back to the real world since then....:D I am trying to become more moderate/liberal/libertarian..I REALLY AM :(

you have to do some more reading from unbiased sources, such as textbooks to have a really clear view. You cant make choices until you know all the facts. Please read all the shit that i copied out of my texbook, thats all the historical stuff i been refering to in all out debates. Maybe it will make some sense.

MetalDrummer888
05-07-2007, 07:37 PM
I never said I loved his "save the rich/fuck the poor" policies. I think we have to feed/clothe the poor, while still promoting businesses in the private sector.

then how can you put him on such a high pedistal??

MetalDrummer888
05-07-2007, 07:38 PM
I can't like people unless their political beliefs align exactly with mine? If this were true I wouldn't like any presidents.

hes not your neighbor, hes was the fucking president. To admire him you have to agree with his political beliefs. Thats the whole point. :eyes:

MetalDrummer888
05-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Exactly....apparently this kid thinks everyone would suck at being president except himself.

WHINY TEEN FOR PRESIDENT!!

He always has that straw-man mentality.

wow :hecho:

way to completely duck the real issue.

MetalDrummer888
05-07-2007, 07:42 PM
btw, im trying to study for AP tests so im done for tonight. CoS and Dethmaiden, please read the stuff i got from my texbook so it wasnt a complete waste of time and soak up some of that real factual information.

ChildrenofSodom
05-07-2007, 07:43 PM
wow :hecho:

way to completely duck the real issue.

fuck you man. I didnt start this debate. I dont have to address anything here. I am unholier-than-thou, and that is fine with me :horns: :finger2:

I dont read conservative commentary to learn about history..I use neutral books and the internet.....Like any other person would do.

MetalDrummer888
05-07-2007, 07:44 PM
I dont read conservative commentary to learn about history..I use neutral books and the internet.....Like any other person would do.

ok then please please please actually read the shit i wrote . . . i spent a lot of time on it. Its not radical, its not rating, and it isnt insulting, so please just take it in.

ChildrenofSodom
05-07-2007, 07:45 PM
btw, im trying to study for AP tests so im done for tonight. CoS and Dethmaiden, please read the stuff i got from my texbook so it wasnt a complete waste of time and soak up some of that real factual information.

YOU ARE SUCH AN ELITIST!! No one said Reagan was an infallible God...I simply like him more than other presidents....I am done..Good night.

MetalDrummer888
05-07-2007, 07:47 PM
YOU ARE SUCH AN ELITIST!! No one said Reagan was an infallible God...I simply like him more than other presidents....I am done..Good night.

good lord! one of your life desires is to visit his grave. you posted a school project that you did where you said you would like to eat dinner with ronald reagan and jesus christ. Theres a goddamn picture of him in your heroes section on your myspace. if that isnt worship the i dont know what is.

JRA
05-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Right around here is where I would insert a Peter North joke, if I wasn't afraid of getting banned.

ChildrenofSodom
05-07-2007, 07:55 PM
good lord! one of your life desires is to visit his grave.
I also want to see Lenin's grave..Does that make me a Communist?

you posted a school project that you did where you said you would like to eat dinner with ronald reagan and jesus christ. Theres a goddamn picture of him in your heroes section on your myspace. if that isnt worship the i dont know what is.

Both of those statements are incorrect.

SomewhereInTime72
05-07-2007, 07:57 PM
Before I die I'd like to get at least a 3 on my AP Statistics test tomorrow. :eyes:

MetalDrummer888
05-07-2007, 07:59 PM
I also want to see Lenin's grave..Does that make me a Communist?
no, but it suggests that you admire him. Note that you also did not put that on your original post in this thread. remember that all i know about you is from what i read on this board.

Both of those statements are incorrect.
huh, must have been dethmaiden then. I get you guys confused.

JRA
05-07-2007, 08:00 PM
I wanna visit Kurt Cobain's grave so I can take a dump on it.

MetalDrummer888
05-07-2007, 08:02 PM
huh, must have been dethmaiden then. I get you guys confused.

o for fucks sake!! i just looked at your myspace. there isnt a picture but hes still in your heroes section . . . cmon man, cut me some slack.

Div
05-07-2007, 08:02 PM
"Killing the twats who ruined my thread" has just been added to my list.

powerslave_85
05-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Yeah, sorry, but I can't find a damned thing to like about Reagan other than the fact that he was an eloquent speaker.
-His economic policies helped turn inner cities into drug-infested ghettos
-He aided and supported numerous genocidal regimes in Central and South America (this is my biggest beef, obviously. 30,000 dead in Nicaragua alone, all because of his Red Scare bullshit)
-Despite his tough rhetoric about not negotiating with terrorists, he did so on a regular basis, and even ransomed hostages. He failed to take much of any action against the people who bombed the Marine barracks in Beirut.
-Gorbachev had an amazing nuclear reduction policy on the table and wanted to scrap all long range offensive weapons completely, but Reagan would have none of it.
-He just didn't do a whole lot to end the Cold War in general.

MetalDrummer888
05-07-2007, 08:05 PM
"Killing the twats who ruined my thread" has just been added to my list.

thats me :D

im sorry :snivel:

MetalDrummer888
05-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Yeah, sorry, but I can't find a damned thing to like about Reagan other than the fact that he was an eloquent speaker.
-He aided and supported numerous genocidal regimes in Central and South America (this is my biggest beef, obviously. 30,000 dead in Nicaragua alone, all because of his Red Scare bullshit)
-Despite his tough rhetoric about not negotiating with terrorists, he did so on a regular basis, and even ransomed hostages. He failed to take much of any action against the people who bombed the Marine barracks in Beirut.
-Gorbachev had an amazing nuclear reduction policy on the table and wanted to scrap all long range offensive weapons completely, but Reagan would have none of it.

wow . . . i really wish i could have said that instead of typing all that shit. I agree totally with all of this.

:)

DreamEvil001
05-07-2007, 08:15 PM

all good points. not to mention the complete contradictions with labeling terrorists in iran as the sworn enemy and supporting iraq economically and militarily to fight them, while at the same time selling arms to iran to fight iraq, all in order to fund terrorists in nicaragua to displace the democratically elected government there :(

ChildrenofSodom
05-07-2007, 08:17 PM
JFK warranted the Bay of Pigs invasion. And he is seen as a mighty president. hmm....

DreamEvil001
05-07-2007, 08:18 PM

not very high in my opinion. but is it so bad to point out politician's flaws, call them on it, and attempt to make things better? all presidents have flaws and ignoring them and taking them as standard operating procedure does not help the situation

DreamEvil001
05-07-2007, 08:20 PM
JFK warranted the Bay of Pigs invasion. And he is seen as a mighty president. hmm....

none of us said he was a mighty president... i personally think he was very corrupt and had his hands in all sorts of illegal and mafia-esque operations. which, again, is not to say he is all bad. all presidents have their fuck-ups and accomplishments. ignoring either or both is bad

ChildrenofSodom
05-07-2007, 08:21 PM
not very high in my opinion. but is it so bad to point out politician's flaws, call them on it, and attempt to make things better? all presidents have flaws and ignoring them and taking them as standard operating procedure does not help the situation
MD888 isnt attempting to make things better. MD888 is just taking everything I say, and bitching about it.

Good night.

DreamEvil001
05-07-2007, 08:23 PM
You arent attempting to make things better. You're just taking everything I say, and bitching about it.

Good night.

im trying to make things better by helping you see some of the bad things some politicians do and help you to not worship them and strive for better in leaders. if this is bitching to you, its pretty constructive. at least the whole section md888 posted. bitching to me is whining. what we are doing is backing up arguments with facts.... you on the other hand seem to be bitching a lot

DreamEvil001
05-07-2007, 08:27 PM
MD888 isnt attempting to make things better. MD888 is just taking everything I say, and bitching about it.

Good night.

you know what? me debating on a message board won't change your opinion. i can only hope that you read a little more into some things, crack open a text book, and make your own opinion based on facts, not books and articles by various right and left wing authors. have a good night, i got some studying to do for ap tests

MetalDrummer888
05-07-2007, 08:31 PM

wow . . . remember all the shit you give me about straw-man accusations?

who here ever said they saw JFK as a might president?? :eyes:

zgodt
05-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Why do you guys have to bring politics into everything?

:eyes:

MetalDrummer888
05-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Why do you guys have to bring politics into everything?

i find it very interesting :)

ADD
05-07-2007, 10:38 PM
i find it very interesting :)
Politics for me is the least interesting subject I can think of, literally.

ADD
05-07-2007, 10:41 PM
that doesnt change the fact that he was a fucking idiot.
You don't get to be president by being an idiot, no matter how much of an idiot you are. That much I know.

ChildrenofSodom
05-08-2007, 03:54 AM
You don't get to be president by being an idiot, no matter how much of an idiot you are. That much I know.

Ignore him addi. Nothing you say will shut him up :hecho:

Angelripper
05-08-2007, 06:03 AM
Try anal.

zgodt
05-08-2007, 07:00 AM
It only happens in extraordinary circumstances, and it requires that: (1) a preponderance of the voters are idiots, (2) the media are tools, and (3) your handlers and campaign managers are unscrupulous and masterful in coordinating your public image.

ADD
05-08-2007, 12:58 PM
It only happens in extraordinary circumstances, and it requires that: (1) a preponderance of the voters are idiots, (2) the media are tools, and (3) your handlers and campaign managers are unscrupulous and masterful in coordinating your public image.

0 k3wl.

Div
05-08-2007, 02:33 PM

Or you've got connections.

SomewhereInTime72
05-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Or you've got connections.

That would be the last two things he said. :eyes:

DreamEvil001
05-08-2007, 03:56 PM
That would be the last two things he said. :eyes:

i think he meant monetary and political connections, not just a friendly media and good advisors

MetalDrummer888
05-08-2007, 04:38 PM

haha.

bush? :eyes:

MetalDrummer888
05-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Ignore him addi. Nothing you say will shut him up :hecho:

:mrt:

DreamEvil001
05-08-2007, 04:50 PM

yeah, they're have been plenty of idiot presidents. all you really need to get elected is friends in political positions (married an elector's daughter, daddy was president), money (married the ketchup lady, oh wait, that guy lost...), or participated in some war (or genocidal removal of a native species, you know, the crowd-pleasing wars)

MetalDrummer888
05-08-2007, 05:06 PM
yeah, they're have been plenty of idiot presidents. all you really need to get elected is friends in political positions (married an elector's daughter, daddy was president), money (married the ketchup lady, oh wait, that guy lost...), or participated in some war (or genocidal removal of a native species, you know, the crowd-pleasing wars)

ADD
05-08-2007, 05:27 PM

.001% of this post makes any sense to me at all.

MetalDrummer888
05-08-2007, 05:51 PM

.001% of this post makes any sense to me at all.

well, george w bush's father was president.

john kerry is married to the heiress of the hienz ketchup company and therefore had tons of money to run a campain

and andrew jackson got voted into office on the platform that he would forcibly remove the cherokees from their territories in geaorgia to make way for white settlers.

zgodt
05-08-2007, 05:54 PM
well, george w bush's father was president.

john kerry is married to the heiress of the hienz ketchup company and therefore had tons of money to run a campain

and andrew jackson got voted into office on the platform that he would forcibly remove the cherokees from their territories in geaorgia to make way for white settlers.

Andrew Jackson was an asshole, but hardly an idiot.

ADD
05-08-2007, 06:01 PM
You guys make it seem like its really THAT easy, like there's a formula for getting elected leader of the United State of America. Well guess what: there's PLENTY of people who married well, PLENTY of people with connections, PLENTY of people with money (astronomical amounts mind you), and PLENTY of assholes who if in power would likely cause a whole lot more damage than what we've got on our hands right now.

People should exercise their right to have opinions expressed and criticize if they feel compelled to, but keep things in perspective. Be happy that YOU and your family aren't the ones affected by whatever bad policies you feel are being implemented.

Maybe one day you can graduate college and marry into wealth and establish strong business connections and become president, shouldn't it just be that easy? :party:

DreamEvil001
05-08-2007, 07:27 PM

yeah i didnt specifically mean jackson was an idiot, just that his intelligence played a small part in his getting elected

JRA
05-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Judas Priest should play Ram It Down live again before they die!

:bouville: :party: :party: :party: :party: :allan: :allan: :allan: :allan: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze:

DreamEvil001
05-08-2007, 07:31 PM
You guys make it seem like its really THAT easy, like there's a formula for getting elected leader of the United State of America. Well guess what: there's PLENTY of people who married well, PLENTY of people with connections, PLENTY of people with money (astronomical amounts mind you), and PLENTY of assholes who if in power would likely cause a whole lot more damage than what we've got on our hands right now.

People should exercise their right to have opinions expressed and criticize if they feel compelled to, but keep things in perspective. Be happy that YOU and your family aren't the ones affected by whatever bad policies you feel are being implemented.

Maybe one day you can graduate college and marry into wealth and establish strong business connections and become president, shouldn't it just be that easy? :party:

yeah, its just a joke. but there isnt harm in saying things could be better. of course things can always be worse, and no i probably wouldnt be a much better president, but we shouldn't be complacent and just say oh well, this guy isnt hitler, so we should be lucky to have him

DreamEvil001
05-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Judas Priest should play Ram It Down live again before they die!

:bouville: :party: :party: :party: :party: :allan: :allan: :allan: :allan: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze:

yes please, that and one shot at glory :rocker:

zgodt
05-08-2007, 07:51 PM

Who said it was easy? Bush, for instance, has a lot of abilities that he used to full advantage in getting elected, twice. It's just that actually running a country (or for that matter, a state, or an oil company, or a baseball team) has never been one of them.

MetalDrummer888
05-09-2007, 05:40 PM

hitler wasnt an idiot, but does that make him any better?

btw just a fun fact, Andrew Jackson is responcible for a larger genocide (native americans) than hitler, and hes on our 20 dollar bill :party:

ChildrenofSodom
05-09-2007, 05:52 PM

btw just a fun fact, Andrew Jackson is responcible for a larger genocide (native americans) than hitler, and hes on our 20 dollar bill :party:

Okay....Our founding fathers had slaves...should we get rid of the Constitution and DoI? :allan:

DethMaiden
05-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Okay....Our founding fathers had slaves...should we get rid of the Constitution and DoI? :allan:

That comparison doesn't make sense. Andrew Jackson committed a terrible atrocity against Native Americans that WON A FEDERAL CASE. And we honor him by putting him on our most widely circulated bill.

Div
05-09-2007, 06:04 PM
I could go for an Orange Julius right about now.

ChildrenofSodom
05-09-2007, 06:07 PM
That comparison doesn't make sense. Andrew Jackson committed a terrible atrocity against Native Americans that WON A FEDERAL CASE. And we honor him by putting him on our most widely circulated bill.

ok....I am not defending him....

MetalDrummer888
05-09-2007, 06:44 PM
no . . . ?

san you say straw-fucking-man?? :tp:

andrew jackson was not one of our founding fathers so this is completely irrelevent

but just for agrument's sake . . . that document could definintely use a few new amendments . . . try scrapping the electoral college for starts . . .

ok....I am not defending him....

then what are you doing? :eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
05-09-2007, 06:46 PM
no . . . ?

san you say straw-fucking-man?? :tp:

andrew jackson was not one of our founding fathers so this is completely irrelevent

but just for agrument's sake . . . that document could definintely use a few new amendments . . . try scrapping the electoral college for starts . . .

then what are you doing? :eyes:

just pointing out that if you are going to revise one part of our society based on the past, might as well do it all....Do you think I like Indian genocide?

MetalDrummer888
05-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Andrew Jackson committed a terrible atrocity against Native Americans that WON A FEDERAL CASE. And we honor him by putting him on our most widely circulated bill.

:(

im actually suprised that there hasnt been some sort of movement to get that changed . . . all those people who wanted to take "in God we trust" off american currency and the pledge of allegiance could have actually found something worthwhile to bitch about.

MetalDrummer888
05-09-2007, 06:49 PM
just pointing out that if you are going to revise one part of our society based on the past, might as well do it all....Do you think I like Indian genocide?

no . . . which is why i am a little confused as to what you are trying to accomplish.

but seriously, most rich Americans back then had slaves, you really cant fault them that much. Also, i know Jefferson freed hes slaves in his will. Thats a start i guess . . .

in the end, ordering the systematic killing of millions of native americans, or millions of jews for that matter, is far, far more evil that holding 100 or so slaves.

ChildrenofSodom
05-09-2007, 07:00 PM
no . . . which is why i am a little confused as to what you are trying to accomplish.

but seriously, most rich Americans back then had slaves, you really cant fault them that much. Also, i know Jefferson freed hes slaves in his will. Thats a start i guess . . .

in the end, ordering the systematic killing of millions of native americans, or millions of jews for that matter, is far, far more evil that holding 100 or so slaves.

yeah...but then again, most of those people back then hated Indians, Jackson just happened to be the one to act upon it.

But yeah..I agree with what you are saying..Totally.

MetalDrummer888
05-09-2007, 07:03 PM
yeah...but then again, most of those people back then hated Indians, Jackson just happened to be the one to act upon it.

its more the fact that he acted against the ruling of the supreme court :flame:

zgodt
05-09-2007, 09:45 PM

I never said it made him any better. :lol:

I'd rather deal with an evil idiot than an evil genius anyday.

ADD
05-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Die.

zgodt
05-09-2007, 09:56 PM
Die.

JRA
05-10-2007, 06:37 AM

I don't think that was directed toward anyone, think he just wants to die.

After all this is the "things to do before you die thread" not the "bukkake politics thread."

Div
05-10-2007, 09:45 AM
I REALLY want an Orange Julius :(

Bouville
05-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Visit Cesar Vallejo's grave in France
Visit Jean Paul Sartre's grave in France
Visit Karl Marx's grave in London
Publish at least 5 books in my field
To be the Minister of Culture in my country
To have one son/daughter
To see my team win the Libertadores cup
To learn three more languages
To see the destruction of capitalism

es156
05-10-2007, 10:32 AM

Nooooooooo..........

:money:

EvilCheeseWedge
05-10-2007, 10:47 AM

What kind of "visit"? :lovedup:

JRA
05-10-2007, 11:19 AM

That is fucking disgusting.

Div
05-10-2007, 12:48 PM
So that's why Bouville likes bands who wear corpse paint.

EvilCheeseWedge
05-10-2007, 12:57 PM
That is fucking disgusting.
:confused:

EvilCheeseWedge
05-10-2007, 12:57 PM

ChildrenofSodom
05-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Publish at least 5 books in my field
To be the Minister of Culture in my country
To have one son/daughter
To see my team win the Libertadores cup
To learn three more languages

Yes, because socialism and communism are working so well in the rest of the world. :tp:

ADD
05-10-2007, 01:00 PM
A visit from the dead :shred:

ChildrenofSodom
05-10-2007, 01:04 PM
i like your signature

ADD
05-10-2007, 01:04 PM
i like your signature
It's a good quote. Good words to live by.

Div
05-10-2007, 01:15 PM
I would like a second stomach so I could consume twice as many orange juliuses.

ADD
05-10-2007, 01:17 PM
I would like a second stomach so I could consume twice as many orange juliuses.
I'm gonna make one, ought to try it. Do you just use regular coffee or what?

Div
05-10-2007, 01:21 PM
I'm gonna make one, ought to try it. Do you just use regular coffee or what?

Peel 3 oranges and put them in a blender along with a tray of ice, and either milk+vanilla extract or that thick flavored coffee cream (not actualy coffee) up to the first line on your blender.

Then blend and enjoy :cool:

JRA
05-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Peel 3 oranges and put them in a blender along with a tray of ice, and either milk+vanilla extract or that thick flavored coffee cream (not actualy coffee) up to the first line on your blender.

Then blend and enjoy :cool:

Sounds like a formula for an extreme dump! :party:

Bouville
05-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Uneducated fascist ignorant whiny teenagers with no elementary knowing of social theory who praise a president responsible for the killing of 30 000 humans should educate themselves, go to college, earn a Ph.D, M.A or at least a BA in Social Sciences before opening their mouths regarding events that exceed their intellectual abilities :allan:

Bouville
05-10-2007, 04:15 PM

Bouville
05-10-2007, 04:16 PM

DreamEvil001
05-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Yes, because socialism and communism are working so well in the rest of the world. :tp:

socialism is working damn fine in the scandanavian countries and there arent any truly "communist manifesto" communist countries in existence

ChildrenofSodom
05-10-2007, 07:55 PM
socialism is working damn fine in the scandanavian countries and there arent any truly "communist manifesto" communist countries in existence

Talking about Latin America, actually....

DreamEvil001
05-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Talking about Latin America, actually....

any countries in particular?

ChildrenofSodom
05-10-2007, 08:16 PM
any countries in particular?

Cuba.

MetalDrummer888
05-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Cuba.

uhh . . . they dont have it bad at all right now . . . remember, they all love castro, he is the one that saved them from american imperialism . . . just because "we" dont like them doesnt mean they have it bad. They have a good healthcare system, they arent starving, and ever since the american embargo, their own economy has flourished without economic imperialism talking all the profits. You have swallowed a lot of government propaganda, my friend.

ChildrenofSodom
05-11-2007, 12:43 PM
uhh . . . they dont have it bad at all right now . . . remember, they all love castro, he is the one that saved them from american imperialism . . . just because "we" dont like them doesnt mean they have it bad. They have a good healthcare system, they arent starving, and ever since the american embargo, their own economy has flourished without economic imperialism talking all the profits. You have swallowed a lot of government propaganda, my friend.

Really, because that was 50 years ago, and since Castro quit caring about his people (as most leaders start to do) and the Soviet Union fell, their economy went to hell. In fact, my aunt's co-worker moved to America not too long ago, and he said they live in a fucking shithole. He said a man's family was going to starve because the bicylcle in which he uses to make deliveries (thats his main source of income) had flat tire. The man bought a new tube for 2 bucks. If you dont call that poverty, then I dont think you truly know what poverty is.( What a coincidence, you live in California)..In fact, the people hate Castro. The elite of Cuba may love him, but the political prisioners, exiles, and the crushingly poor dont care for him at all. I could care less about America in Cuba, or if they were communist or socialist. I care about the people of Cuba, and the fact that they have very little rights

Article 62: None of the freedoms which are recognized for citizens can be exercised contrary to what is established in the Constitution and by law, or contrary to the existence and objectives of the socialist state, or contrary to the decision of the Cuban people to build socialism and communism. Violations of this principle can be punished by law."

1973, gay writer Reinaldo Arenas was sent to prison after being charged and convicted of 'ideological deviation' and for publishing abroad without official consent.

CUBA SOUNDS LIKE MOTHER FUCKING PARADISE!! I get free (insufficient at best) healthcare, free education (free indoctrination too), equal rights (with animals), and I dont have to worry about thinking for myself, being in an organized group, or a worker's union. The state outlawed all that. THANK YOU CASTRO! MY LIFE IS SUPER GOOD!!

powerslave_85
05-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Hate to side with CoS, but Cuba is still pretty fucked up. The embargos we still have with them are pretty ridiculous, though. Just because the government is pissed because they were never able to assassinate Castro shouldn't keep me from being able to buy Cuban cigars, damnit! :mad:

ADD
05-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Just because the government is pissed because they were never able to assassinate Castro shouldn't keep me from being able to buy Cuban cigars, damnit! :mad:
Now THAT is right on :mad:

MetalDrummer888
05-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Hate to side with CoS, but Cuba is still pretty fucked up. The embargos we still have with them are pretty ridiculous, though. Just because the government is pissed because they were never able to assassinate Castro shouldn't keep me from being able to buy Cuban cigars, damnit! :mad:

but they havent gotten all that shit because of communism, they are poor because of America's embargo. I garauntee you that if we took off the embargo, their would be a lot less poverty in cuba, and with more prosperity there would be less violence, and with less violence there would be less violating of human rights by the government.

EDIT: funny, you know . . . one of the ways the CIA tried to assassinate Castro was to give him an exploding cigar. :lol:

Bouville
05-12-2007, 02:07 PM
As stated before, uneducated fascist ignorant whiny teenagers with no elementary knowing of social theory who praise a president responsible for the killing of 30 000 humans should educate themselves, go to college, earn a Ph.D, M.A or at least a BA in Social Sciences before opening their mouths regarding events that exceed their intellectual abilities

For the rest, this is a good reading (http://www.isreview.org/issues/51/cuba_image&reality.shtml) about Cuba, it will give you a fair idea of how we socialists view the island.

ADD
05-12-2007, 03:33 PM
My grandpa is Cuban :party: He was in politics while he was there, and in fact he was jailed when Castro took over. Then he came here and said he will never go back home while Castro is still in power. Lots of stories I've heard, good ones. I'd love to go there someday.

Div
05-12-2007, 04:40 PM
What I don't understand is why people praise Che.

MetalDrummer888
05-12-2007, 04:41 PM

who is che :eyes:

JRA
05-12-2007, 04:49 PM
who is che :eyes:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/bpitu_logo1d.gif

ADD
05-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Same, pisses me off. They don't have a clue.

ChildrenofSodom
05-12-2007, 07:39 PM
As stated before, uneducated fascist ignorant whiny teenagers with no elementary knowing of social theory who praise a president responsible for the killing of 30 000 humans should educate themselves, go to college, earn a Ph.D, M.A or at least a BA in Social Sciences before opening their mouths regarding events that exceed their intellectual abilities

For the rest, this is a good reading (http://www.isreview.org/issues/51/cuba_image&reality.shtml) about Cuba, it will give you a fair idea of how we socialists view the island.

I go my first-hand accounts, and neutral humanitarian organizations' statements. I have nothing personally against communism (i think it would be an okay system, if the leaders were corrupt) nor am I fascist that "hates beaners and spics". Social theory really has nothing to do with it. Batista was an American-backed ruthless capitalist...Castro was a Soviet-backed socialist. Castro had the support of the people; does that make it okay for him to carry out similar ruthlessness? You would be a fool to say that all of Cuba is just "peachy"....If you take economic policies out of the picture, you still have dirt-poverty, political persecution, and indoctrination......I fully support Cuba's right to be free from imperialism and American policies..But are these efforts to be accomplished at the expense of the people?

And your link is from a Socialist group..Dont you think they would automatically show Cuba in a positive light?

Bouville
05-12-2007, 07:53 PM
And your link is from a Socialist group..Dont you think they would automatically show Cuba in a positive light?

Kid, read the paper. It is a strong critique to the pseudo socialism that it is imposed in Cuba. It its a critic from a socialist point of view, critique that I fully endorse. Again, kid, read the paper.

You only prove my point when you say that social theory has nothing to do with the issue, because you have no idea what social theory is.

ChildrenofSodom
05-12-2007, 07:58 PM
Kid, read the paper. It is a strong critique to the pseudo socialism that it is imposed in Cuba. It its a critic from a socialist point of view, critique that I fully endorse. Again, kid, read the paper.

You only prove my point when you say that social theory has nothing to do with the issue, because you have no idea what social theory is.

If it is a critique, then why did you call me an uneducated fascist, if I was also critiquing Cuba? And how are the humanitarian violations outside of my intellectual realm?

Bouville
05-12-2007, 08:04 PM
If it is a critique, then why did you call me an uneducated fascist, if I was also critiquing Cuba?

Your arguments. You fully endorse and admire Ronald Reagan who is responsible of the assassination of 30 000 people in his fear of the Soviet Union, and you critique Castro and his regime and use that as an excuse to target socialism without knowing what socialism is. At the end of the day both of them are responsible for human rights violation. But of them are criminals in their own rights.

But that is not really the point, the point is that you make arguments and assumptions without even reading your sources, even when those sources are provided to you.

ChildrenofSodom
05-12-2007, 08:19 PM
But that is not really the point, the point is that you make arguments and assumptions without even reading your sources, even when those sources are provided to you.

Example?

powerslave_85
05-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Over spring break, I was at my parent's house eating dinner, and my dad tried to tell me that Hilary Clinton is a communist. I almost choked on my food laughing.

Bouville
05-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Example?

Kid, you are ignorant in these issues and full of contradictions. Even thought I provided you a paper you immediately assumed that it favored Cuba just because the source had the word "socialist" in it. Then again, you fully critique Castro's regime but fully support Reagan's actions. I guess the families of 30 000 people will disagree with the actions of your beloved ex president. You claim to respect people's right for self determination, did you know that Reagan is responsible for the destruction of a legitimate democratic elected government? Do you still admire him?

powerslave_85
05-12-2007, 08:26 PM
You claim to respect people's right for self determination, did you know that Reagan is responsible for the destruction of a legitimate democratic elected government? Do you still admire him?
"A" legitimate government? You're giving him too much credit. He's responsible for destroying way more than one :cool:

Bouville
05-12-2007, 08:27 PM
And I am done with you. I could crush you like an ant, but I would not do so.

Bouville
05-12-2007, 08:30 PM
"A" legitimate government? You're giving him too much credit. He's responsible for destroying way more than one :cool:

I am trying to be nice... I am really trying. I just cannot believe how terribly misguided people are.

Bouville
05-12-2007, 08:31 PM
Over spring break, I was at my parent's house eating dinner, and my dad tried to tell me that Hilary Clinton is a communist. I almost choked on my food laughing.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

powerslave_85
05-12-2007, 08:32 PM
I am trying to be nice... I am really trying. I just cannot believe how terribly misguided people are.
Fucking being nice. I don't hold back when it comes to my disdain for Reagan. Talk about people worshipping a false idol :tp:

MetalDrummer888
05-12-2007, 08:40 PM

well she may not be a communist, but i still am not a fan

obama :horns:

:2cents:

JRA
05-12-2007, 08:42 PM
And I am done with you. I could crush you like an ant, but I would not do so.

I bet Peter North's load could crush an ant.

Eric, please let me get away with this, just this once. Even you are sick of the political nonsense around here, I just know it.

MetalDrummer888
05-12-2007, 08:46 PM

Chile, Nicaragua, and Argentina for sure . . . what others :confused:

JRA
05-12-2007, 08:49 PM
I actually have an argument that just might appeal to Bouville's intellectual side.

Bouville, I'm sure if you were asked "Which do you prefer, people whining about political affairs they know nothing about, or some dipshit constantly making lewd jokes about some pornstar" you'd probably say "neither," right?

Here's something else these two statements have in common, when you look at both, you probably say, "What a fucking idiot!" Right?

Now, which person is the bigger idiot, the person who can't resist the urge to make cracks about another man's sperm count, or the person who holds grudges against ways of life and governments based on propaganda and hatred they grew up with?

MetalDrummer888
05-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Now, which person is the bigger idiot, the person who can't resist the urge to make cracks about another man's sperm count, or the person who holds grudges against ways of life and governments based on propaganda and hatred they grew up with?

well, this wasnt really directed at me, but id have to say the peter north jokes are better, because they are just jokes.

:2cents:

speaking of, i didnt understand any of your jokes, so i had to wiki peter north to find out who he was. Then i saw a picture of him and realized I had one of his videos on my computer.

:eyes: x 100000

Bouville
05-12-2007, 08:53 PM
I actually have an argument that just might appeal to Bouville's intellectual side.

Bouville, I'm sure if you were asked "Which do you prefer, people whining about political affairs they know nothing about, or some dipshit constantly making lewd jokes about some pornstar" you'd probably say "neither," right?

Here's something else these two statements have in common, when you look at both, you probably say, "What a fucking idiot!" Right?

Ok, bring on the Peter North jokes, but be nice :lol:

JRA
05-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Ok, bring on the Peter North jokes, but be nice :lol:

YES!!!

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Bouville
05-12-2007, 08:54 PM
speaking of, i didnt understand any of your jokes, so i had to wiki peter north to find out who he was. Then i saw a picture of him and realized I had one of his videos on my computer.

:eyes: x 100000

Dude, you are fucked :eyes:

Bouville
05-12-2007, 08:55 PM
YES!!!

Just be nice... and not too gross. A joke from time to time will not hurt anybody... I guess :eyes:

JRA
05-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Just be nice... and not too gross. A joke from time to time will not hurt anybody... I guess :eyes:

Be nice? Well, I don't use them as insults against someone (at least I don't think I have). The only time I get the urge to use them is when people are going on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on about politics.

Therefore, no dragged on political discussions, no Peter North jokes.:allan:

MetalDrummer888
05-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Dude, you are fucked :eyes:

:snivel:

actually im not really sure . . .

MetalDrummer888
05-12-2007, 09:00 PM
ok. ive changed my mind :hecho:

politics>peter north

im grossing myself out :eek:

Bouville
05-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Be nice? Well, I don't use them as insults against someone (at least I don't think I have). The only time I get the urge to use them is when people are going on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on about politics.

Therefore, no dragged on political discussions, no Peter North jokes.:allan:

When I say be nice and mean try not to be gross. You may have a deal here, a political discussion warrants a PN joke.

MetalDrummer888
05-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Does he look like a beefed up Luke Wilson? Then its him.

i dont even want to know anymore. :hecho:

JRA
05-12-2007, 09:03 PM
When I say be nice and mean try not to be gross. You may have a deal here, a political discussion warrants a PN joke.

I was going to say unless its an intelligent political discussion, but then I remembered that in my book there's no such thing; unless of course its being discussed in real life over Corkscrews and Heinkens.:D

Div
05-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Well, wheres the jokes?

JRA
05-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Well, wheres the jokes?

a) check on the last page.

b) I have to wait for someone to state a political argument that can be transposed with semen.

Div
05-12-2007, 09:17 PM
a) check on the last page.

b) I have to wait for someone to state a political argument that can be transposed with semen.

Bush sucks.

ok go!

JRA
05-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Bush sucks.

ok go!

:hecho:

Div
05-13-2007, 11:35 AM
In all seriousness, owning this car is close to the top of my list.

http://www.pignetwork.com/ford%20gt.jpg

I mean, just look at it: http://www.topgear.com/content/timetoburn/sections/videos/09/broadband.html

He gets some of the specs wrong, but you get the idea.

DethMaiden
05-13-2007, 03:05 PM
I'm of the persuasion that so long as a car runs it's fine.

Div
05-13-2007, 03:09 PM

What kind of boring outlook on life is that? Thats like saying "id sleep with a fat chick as long as she has a vagina".

MetalDrummer888
05-13-2007, 03:21 PM
What kind of boring outlook on life is that? Thats like saying "id sleep with a fat chick as long as she has a vagina".

no its not. :eyes:

MetalDrummer888
05-13-2007, 03:22 PM

functionality and effiency > looks :party:

but that car is still fucking awsome :eyes:

Div
05-13-2007, 03:29 PM
functionality and effiency > looks :party:

but that car is still fucking awsome :eyes:

It is efficient and functional. It was designed to kick the asses of cars that cost 3x more, and it does it well :cool:

MetalDrummer888
05-13-2007, 03:33 PM
It is efficient and functional. It was designed to kick the asses of cars that cost 3x more, and it does it well :cool:

ok :cool:

DethMaiden
05-13-2007, 03:49 PM

And I bet it costs 3x more than a Cavalier or Focus too.

powerslave_85
05-13-2007, 04:04 PM
GT's are awesome, but I heard they're a pretty shitty/uncomfortable ride.

MetalDrummer888
05-13-2007, 04:05 PM
GT's are awesome, but I heard they're a pretty shitty/uncomfortable ride.

yea my friend has one.

but theyre still awsome. :party:

Div
05-13-2007, 04:14 PM
And I bet it costs 3x more than a Cavalier or Focus too.

Is a Focus a world class sports car that can go over 200 mph? You're comparing apples to grapefruits. But if you want to nitpick, its 10x more expensive, only has 1 square ft of trunk space, 2 seats, no traction control, and gets about 15 mpg, which would suck... if it were designed to be an economy car.

Besides, I don't think your fat chick could fit in it :tongue:

Div
05-13-2007, 04:15 PM
yea my friend has one.

but theyre still awsome. :party:

:eek:

What is his dad Bill Gates or something?

MetalDrummer888
05-13-2007, 04:23 PM
:eek:

What is his dad Bill Gates or something?

its an older one, but its preformance modded. his entire family races cars . . . thats like their top priority. They live in a tiny house with no yard and they never travel or spend any moeny on anything besides racing cars. Its strange. :eyes:

DethMaiden
05-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Is a Focus a world class sports car that can go over 200 mph? You're comparing apples to grapefruits. But if you want to nitpick, its 10x more expensive, only has 1 square ft of trunk space, 2 seats, no traction control, and gets about 15 mpg, which would suck... if it were designed to be an economy car.

Besides, I don't think your fat chick could fit in it :tongue:

I can't go over 200 mph anywhere except the Autobahn anyway, why should I care how fast my car goes? And you just named everything wrong with it.

:lol: Good one there.

powerslave_85
05-13-2007, 04:27 PM
I think I'd compromise between a boring sedan and a supercar with something like this:

http://www.analogstereo.com/images/om/bmw_m.jpg

SEXY. :drool:

Div
05-13-2007, 04:33 PM
its an older one, but its preformance modded. his entire family races cars . . . thats like their top priority. They live in a tiny house with no yard and they never travel or spend any moeny on anything besides racing cars. Its strange. :eyes:

Yea some people get really into it, when I go visit my uncle when hes at the tracks all his friends have these trailers that cost as much as a house would. :lol:

I can't go over 200 mph anywhere except the Autobahn anyway, why should I care how fast my car goes? And you just named everything wrong with it.

:lol: Good one there.

Someday I hope you get to ride in a car that buries your ass into the seat and then youll see how much fun driving can be ;)

I think I'd compromise between a boring sedan and a supercar with something like this:

http://www.analogstereo.com/images/om/bmw_m.jpg

SEXY. :drool:

Beamers remind me of The Transporter :party:

MetalDrummer888
05-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Yea some people get really into it, when I go visit my uncle when hes at the tracks all his friends have these trailers that cost as much as a house would. :lol:

yea they have one of those too :hecho: