PDA

View Full Version : Online Petition

Frantic Canadian
05-04-2007, 05:02 PM
I have decided to create an online petition to get the casting agents of the CSI and Law & Order franchises to stop casting celebrities on their shows. I'd love it if you guys would sign it.

http://www.petitiononline.com/casting/petition.html

powerslave_85
05-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Haha, what? One of the best things about Law and Order: SVU is the guest stars. Fred Savage punching Det. Benson in the face? Martin Short as a ridiculously creepy serial killer? Pure awesome.

DethMaiden
05-04-2007, 05:05 PM
This is random, but since I don't really give a shit either way, I'll sign.

powerslave_85
05-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Oh, I forgot Estella Warren and Linda Carter as the mother/daughter con artists! How can you not love that stuff?? :(

Frantic Canadian
05-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks for signing it DethMaiden.

Powerslave_85,

The reason I hate it when celebrities appear on these shows is because they are always, at least 95% of the time, cast as the killer or in SVU's case kidnapper/con man/rapist etc. etc. etc. It really becomes repetetive and extremely predictable to the point that as soon as you hear a celebrity will appear on the show, or when you see their name in the guest credits after the main credits, you know that they'll be the killer. It wouldn't be so bad if they'd mix it up but they never do.

MetalDrummer888
05-04-2007, 05:59 PM
this is the most pointless thread ive ever read. Who the fuck cares?

and, who the fuck thinks that some lame online petition is going to change anything when those shows are making millions?

ChildrenofSodom
05-04-2007, 09:46 PM
this is the most pointless thread ive ever read. Who the fuck cares?

and, who the fuck thinks that some lame online petition is going to change anything when those shows are making millions?

I'm gonna start calling you the "Macy's Thanksgiving Day storm"....cause you rain on EVERYONE's parade.

zgodt
05-04-2007, 10:29 PM
I'm gonna start calling you the "Macy's Thanksgiving Day storm"....cause you rain on EVERYONE's parade.
It's the only way flowers are ever going to grow on anyone's bullshit parade. :bliss:

ChildrenofSodom
05-04-2007, 10:34 PM
It's the only way flowers are ever going to grow on anyone's bullshit parade. :bliss:

it is a dumb petition, but come on...Do we really need to chastise every single person for something they do? Like posting semi-nude pictures of obese guitarist :eyes:

zgodt
05-04-2007, 10:41 PM
it is a dumb petition, but come on...Do we really need to chastise every single person for something they do? Like posting semi-nude pictures of obese guitarist :eyes:
Nah, dude, in all seriousness -- I agree there's no call to be rude to someone because they have priorities that, while we may not share them, are basically harmless.

Thus, I was just planning to stay out of it. I think the petition is perfectly silly. But I think making people feel stupid is worse than silly. Unless they say something that really screams out for it -- like, say, that evolution isn't real. ;)

ChildrenofSodom
05-04-2007, 10:55 PM
like, say, that evolution isn't real. ;)

I take it back..I dont fully believe in creation or evolution. I think a window needs to be left open for debate and the advancement of evolutionary studies. There are still many questions that neither story can answer, but the latter looks most favorable...I will keep an open mind :allan:

zgodt
05-04-2007, 10:57 PM
I take it back..I dont fully believe in creation or evolution. I think a window needs to be left open for debate and the advancement of evolutionary studies. There are still many questions that neither story can answer, but the latter looks most favorable...I will keep an open mind :allan:
I don't want to get into it again tonight... I was just messing with you. (Thus the wink.) But I'm glad to hear you've given it more thought. :)

Div
05-04-2007, 11:15 PM
I've decided that I was created by Zeus' thought.

ChildrenofSodom
05-05-2007, 06:21 AM
I've decided that I was created by Zeus' thought.

Have you seen Ultimate Avengers 2?

Thor is sitting on a hill casting runes, and talking to Odin. And then, in another scene, he is tellling "his father" (Odin again) that he is going to help the Avengers.

"NO! You will not help them. Mankind has turned their backs on us."
"They may have turned their backs on us, but I will turn my back on them."

:shred:

MetalDrummer888
05-05-2007, 07:02 AM

i dont rain on my own parade :cool:

ChildrenofSodom
05-05-2007, 07:04 AM
i dont rain on my own parade :cool:

Rain Storms dont have parades ;)