PDA

View Full Version : METAL HAS BEEN SAVED!!!!

Bouville
05-03-2007, 05:59 PM
It arrived today... a fucking masterpiece!! :mad:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f2/OrdoAbChaoCover.jpg

ORDO AD CHAO HAS SAVED METAL!!!! :flame:

ADD
05-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Disagree with that, but it probably did save Mayhem's career :cool: Fantastic record.

JRA
05-03-2007, 07:34 PM
That was in "Tracks (a local CD store)" about 5 days ago.

EvilCheeseWedge
05-03-2007, 08:48 PM
That was in "Tracks (a local CD store)" about 5 days ago.
Yeah, but Tracks isn't true like Barnes & Noble :lol:

Angelripper
05-03-2007, 11:16 PM
I dunno, it sounds disappointing.

That cretin Attila is 'singing' again? Could they not find anyone better?

DethMaiden
05-04-2007, 03:16 AM
Yeah, but Tracks isn't true like Barnes & Noble :lol:

I hate when people use Barnes & Noble as a CD/DVD store when 95% of the place is books. Reading is fun too :(

JRA
05-04-2007, 04:48 AM
I hate when people use Barnes & Noble as a CD/DVD store when 95% of the place is books. Reading is fun too :(

Yea. If the Barnes & Noble back in Pittsfield doesn't sell CD/DVD's then it's not a music store, its a book store.

hot_turkey_ed
05-04-2007, 08:23 PM
A couple of our local B&Ns have GREAT classical and jazz sections. A little pricey but hard-to-find product is on the shelf. :cool:

hot_turkey_ed
05-04-2007, 08:30 PM
I actually bought this album off iTunes. $7.92. I didn't really want to spend the $13.99-$14.99 I would normally pay... Definitely worth $7.92. Not worth $14.99It's an interesting album.. very doomy... I know exactly Bouville is blowing it so hard.

One critcisim: kill whoever mixed it. It feels like they cranked the bassed and eliminated the treble, the result being bass heavy buzz. I like a lot of bass but I like a lot of CLEAR bass.... :nonono:

Vocals are totally sadistic... in some ways, this album reminds me at times of My Dying Bridge... except with testicles. :fingers:

ADD
05-04-2007, 09:32 PM
The production is one of the best things about it I think.

hot_turkey_ed
05-04-2007, 11:19 PM

No surprise there. :D

Bouville
05-05-2007, 04:06 PM
I actually bought this album off iTunes. $7.92. I didn't really want to spend the $13.99-$14.99 I would normally pay... Definitely worth $7.92. Not worth $14.99It's an interesting album.. very doomy... I know exactly Bouville is blowing it so hard.

One critcisim: kill whoever mixed it. It feels like they cranked the bassed and eliminated the treble, the result being bass heavy buzz. I like a lot of bass but I like a lot of CLEAR bass.... :nonono:

Vocals are totally sadistic... in some ways, this album reminds me at times of My Dying Bridge... except with testicles. :fingers:

I think is totally worth the $13.99 I paid and I would have even paid more. Your comment on the production is fair but it also fair to say that this was totally intentional in order to give the album a necro feeling, and I certainly would argue that the production is a great accomplishment in this record as it communicates the decaying feeling of anguish and chaos that the album intends to deliver.

You are right on regarding Attila. I find his vocals truly impressing and totally sadistic. I have to say that I was worried when two years ago it was announced that he was back in the band. I do like Maniac but I don't think he would have been able to do what Attila did in this record.

More than doomy I would say that the album is very atmospheric but unlike most avantgarde atmospheric bands (Ulver for example) this album is atmospheric in a very sick and twisted way, which is what finally makes it a black metal album.

Mayhem has succeeded!

And just for the record... My Dying Bride owns your soul bitch! :fingers:

Bouville
05-05-2007, 04:33 PM

Certain whinny ignorant arrogant drunk hooligan teenager who drives a pussifed car, only has one Therion album, does not think Mayhem owns, thinks that Spiritual Beggars is better than Carcass, is not a Carcass fan, is not a Mayhem fan, does not know Dead Can Dance, thinks that Grim Reaper sucks, cannot tolerate some cold, has never experienced The Pound, is 23 years late in getting Scream Bloody Gore and is incredible full of crap... finally scores :allan: