PDA

View Full Version : Frustration Thread

Pages : [1] 2

overkiller
05-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Ok, here's your chance to vent all your frustration about whatever is going on in your life right now.

Here I go.

FUCK

DethMaiden
05-01-2007, 03:37 PM
A-fucking-men.

School needs to end. And math needs to fucking die. And girls need to make up their fucking minds. And I need more fucking money.

:mad:

Ahh...

ADD
05-01-2007, 03:39 PM
School :headoff:

ADD
05-01-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm also frusturated with people who complain there's no good music out there these days. Still not as annoying as school though.

Div
05-01-2007, 04:09 PM
A-fucking-men.

I don't like waking up early. I need to study better. And I need to learn to understand girls better. And I need a better job.

:mad:

Ahh...

fixed :tongue:

----

now its my turn. Howcome young guys in the 60s were able to afford muscle cars and now theyre coming out with the vintage camaros, challengers, and boss mustangs next year and the only people who will be able to afford them are the same people who were kids in the 60s, while my generation gets the shaft with all these shitty rice burners.

its not fucking fair :bawling:

DethMaiden
05-01-2007, 04:13 PM
fixed :tongue:

If the tongue implies anything other than utter sarcasm, I'm gonna kick your ass

:eyes:

powerslave_85
05-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Really, I'm more frustrated with myself than anything. This year has been a series of squandered opportunities due to my laziness, thick-headedness, or a combination of the two :hmm:

Div
05-01-2007, 04:39 PM
If the tongue implies anything other than utter sarcasm, I'm gonna kick your ass

Ya know I'd make a joke about you and that tounge but I don't think our prudent moderators would appreciate it. :hmm:

Maiden33
05-01-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm also frusturated with people who complain there's no good music out there these days. Still not as annoying as school though.

Cannot agree more there. I hate those "old schoolers" who believe if it wasn't made in the 80s it isn't worth their time. Metal (of any kind) these days is at such a nice point as far as new bands and releases go. I cant say Ive ever had a moment where I had money and said to myself: "Damn, theres nothing to buy"

Fe Maiden
05-01-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm frustrated at the FUCKING HIGH PRICE OF GAS!!!!! FUCK!!! And then Exxon-Mobil has the balls to tell us about their huge profits:mad:

Fe Maiden
05-01-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm also frusturated with people who complain there's no good music out there these days. Still not as annoying as school though.I agree! There is a lot of good music out there. If one digs deep enough and searches for what they like, it is there to be found! And from my side of the desk, yes school is really hectic right now! Summer can't come soon enough!;)

JRA
05-01-2007, 06:12 PM
I agree! There is a lot of good music out there. If one digs deep enough and searches for what they like, it is there to be found! And from my side of the desk, yes school is really hectic right now! Summer can't come soon enough!;)

There's definitely great music out there...

...it all just comes from the 60's, 70's, 80's and early 90's. :D

JRA
05-01-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm frustrated because I want to say I'm frustrated that I can't bust a nut like Peter North can, but can't because everybody will be like "OMG HOW DU U NO ANY OTHER P0RNSTAR WHO IZN'T JENA JAME$ON111", and they'll think I'm gay.

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 06:16 PM

I would pay GOOD money to see you try to kick Mike's ass, and I've got 50 on the likelihood that he pulls a knife and slices your prog ass like deli-style ham.

Anyway, math sucks...English sucks...getting 4 hours of sleep everynight sucks...Umpiring sucks...being fat sucks....being ugly sucks....having poison ivy on my face sucks.......Not being able to find corpse paint at Wal-Mart sucks...

Cant wait for summer. My band is getting off the ground and we're gonna set up some shows...Should kickass.

I'm done.

JRA
05-01-2007, 06:17 PM
.Not being able to find corpse paint at Wal-Mart sucks.

You can't find fucking paint at Wal-Mart? :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm frustrated because I want to say I'm frustrated that I can't bust a nut like Peter North can, but can't because everybody will be like "OMG HOW DU U NO ANY OTHER P0RNSTAR WHO IZN'T JENA JAME$ON111", and they'll think I'm gay.

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

Kate Ground, Selena Spice, and Stacy Keibler are fine specimens/targets... :eyes: :eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 06:19 PM
You can't find fucking paint at Wal-Mart? :lol:

I wasnt sure which kind of paint to get.

JRA
05-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Stacy Keibler

I thought she was a wrestler?

JRA
05-01-2007, 06:20 PM

Wood-furnish.

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 06:20 PM
I thought she was a wrestler?

She does do some wrestling, but she also models (she was no Dancing with the Stars)...and she has legs that never end.

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Wood-furnish.

lol wut

overkiller
05-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Ok, here's my rant, since I didn't actually explain anything:

I'm pretty pissed at myself for not being able to take college more seriously this year. I'm in the library right now struggling to finish a paper that's a week late, which I haven't been able to do because I haven't done the readings for the material it's on. Instead I've been wasting my time either A) Doing nothing at all, B) Wasting my time and energy going after a girl who ended up not wanting anything more than a one-night stand, or C) Getting shit drunk (which I'm not really complaining about, but I've been opting to do that instead of work too often this semester). B) is especially frustrating, because, well, you know, women, raggh. :mad:

BUT, I am looking forward to the summer, seeing my friends from home again, skating a hell of a lot, reading whatever the hell I want (not assigned reading), and getting money from my job which really isn't bad at all. So I'll just keep thinking about all that. :)

overkiller
05-01-2007, 06:26 PM

Get oil paint, it washes off really easy.

JRA
05-01-2007, 06:27 PM
B) is especially frustrating, because, well, you know, women, raggh. :mad:

Pimping is hard.

JRA
05-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Get oil paint, it washes off really easy.

Did you just give him advice on Corpse Paint? :lol:

Div
05-01-2007, 06:28 PM
As for you guys complaining about school being tough... until you've sat through a college chemistry II 3 hour lecture at 9 at night twice a week you have no right to complain about anything.

whiney teenagers

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 06:28 PM
Pimping is hard.

I wouldnt call it hard, but it certainly aint easy.

And are there any specific paints to get for corpsery?

JRA
05-01-2007, 06:29 PM
As for you guys complaining about school being tough... until you've sat through a college chemistry II 3 hour lecture at 9 at night twice a week you have no right to complain about anything.

whiney teenagers

as in 9PM-12AM?

overkiller
05-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Pimping is hard.

Dude, fucking tell me about it. It so figures that one of the few times you want more than just a one night stand, she doesn't. What the fuck is that?

overkiller
05-01-2007, 06:30 PM
I wouldnt call it hard, but it certainly aint easy.

And are there any specific paints to get for corpsery?

Black and white oil pant, any brand.

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 06:30 PM

whiney teenagers

School isnt hard at all. Wish I could take my graduation test right now...Nothing challenges me....Algebra maybe, but I have no incentive to retain how to convert the equation for a paraboloid from general form to standard form. Cant wait for college

JRA
05-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Dude, fucking tell me about it. It so figures that one of the few times you want more than just a one night stand, she doesn't. What the fuck is that?

I would tell you about it if you were on AIM right now.:eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
Black and white oil pant, any brand.

And apply with a brush/finger?

Div
as in 9PM-12AM?

no, it ended at 9:15, which is when id have to wake up and drive ~30 mins back home. :lol:

oh man, that class was so bad. my professor was like 95 and put you to sleep so easily. i had to stock up on soda and candy bars from vending machines if i wanted to make it through the class.

JRA
05-01-2007, 06:41 PM
no, it ended at 9:15, which is when id have to wake up and drive ~30 mins back home. :lol:

oh man, that class was so bad. my professor was like 95 and put you to sleep so easily. i had to stock up on soda and candy bars from vending machines if i wanted to make it through the class.

Wow. That sucks.

MetalDrummer888
05-01-2007, 06:53 PM
School isnt hard at all. Wish I could take my graduation test right now...Nothing challenges me....Algebra maybe, but I have no incentive to retain how to convert the equation for a paraboloid from general form to standard form. Cant wait for college

i think the problem with you is that you arent taking any advanced classes.

powerslave_85
05-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Can't wait for collegeHAHAHAHAHA

MetalDrummer888
05-01-2007, 06:57 PM
as to what is frustrating me right now . . .

. . . all the fucking ignorant pricks on this board who think they understand the world and are sadly mistaken. Fuck all of you that support gun laws. Fuck all of you who hate people for the way they were born. Fuck all of you that think America has any right to be fucking up other countries just for the sake of making money. Fuck all of you who think you know anything about any of the political shit we discuss because, NEWS FLASH: you are just a bunch ignorant pimply white trash. If i believed in the afterlife id say i hope all fucking go to hell.

:flame:

powerslave_85
05-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Please, don't hold back. Tell us how you REALLY feel.

Div
05-01-2007, 06:58 PM

. . . all the fucking ignorant pricks on this board who think they understand the world and are sadly mistaken. Fuck all of you that support gun laws. Fuck all of you who hate people for the way they were born. Fuck all of you that think America has any right to be fucking up other countries just for the sake of making money. Fuck all of you who think you know anything about any of the political shit we discuss because, NEWS FLASH: you are just a bunch ignorant pimply white trash. If i believed in the afterlife id say i hope all fucking go to hell.

:stop: :thelaw:

Don't be a dick

MetalDrummer888
05-01-2007, 06:59 PM
:stop: :thelaw:

Don't be a dick

this is the frustration thread. What else am i suppose to do? :)

powerslave_85
05-01-2007, 07:01 PM
B) is especially frustrating, because, well, you know, women, raggh. :mad:You're preachin' to the choir. Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks.

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 07:01 PM
i think the problem with you is that you arent taking any advanced classes.

Fuck you. I'm taking Honors English 10 (Honors English 11 next year, HonEng 12 after that), and Honors Algebra II (Honors Precalc next year, AP Stats after that)....and I'm taking Advanced Placement American History next year. (AP Am.Govt after that.) Those are the only ones offered to me, and I take them all.

Think before you type, you fucking asshole.

JRA
05-01-2007, 07:02 PM

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Div
05-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Well attacking people personally isn't really venting, and its a good way to get the thread locked and ruin it for everyone

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 07:05 PM

You know what frustrates me? YOU! You act as if you have written a biography on everyone here..You know nothing about anyone here. You never will. Your weak fucking mind doesnt appreciate your rights as an American, therefore think those true Americans (like Mike) are ignorant and stupid. Are you fuckings serious? You know very little about politics/history/religion, which I can safely say judging on how to talk to people of opposing view points. No one on here has ever tried to justify all of America's actions around the world. Your straw-fucking-man accusations are disgusting. No one here has attacked you or criticized your views. Except for myself, in the preceeding paragraph.

You are the only whitetrash on metalsetlists.

MetalDrummer888
05-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Fuck you. I'm taking Honors English 10 (Honors English 11 next year, HonEng 12 after that), and Honors Algebra II (Honors Precalc next year, AP Stats after that)....and I'm taking Advanced Placement American History next year. (AP Am.Govt after that.) Those are the only ones offered to me, and I take them all.

Think before you type, you fucking asshole.

woa, woa ,woa . . . easy does it !! :snivel:

i am being serious when i say that i totally did not intend that post to be taken that way. All im saying is that most kids who dont find school interesting/challenging are to smart for it and just need something else to supplement the average class load. I was actually suggesting that you were intelligent enough to take harder classes.

maybe you should think before you type. :)

JRA
05-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Well attacking people personally isn't really venting, and its a good way to get the thread locked and ruin it for everyone

I know really. For all we know, overkiller may have just wanted us to not actually say what's wrong, but to type expletives in frustration.

powerslave_85
05-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Well, so much for this thread.

Know what frustrates me? People who ruin threads and get them closed :hmm:

JRA
05-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Well, so much for this thread.

Know what frustrates me? People who ruin threads and get them closed :hmm:

Or a mod could just ban the people causing trouble.

Eric, time to break your cherry!:D

(why do I have a feeling this is totally gonna backfire and he's gonna ban me?)

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 07:18 PM
woa, woa ,woa . . . easy does it !! :snivel:

i am being serious when i say that i totally did not intend that post to be taken that way. All im saying is that most kids who dont find school interesting/challenging are to smart for it and just need something else to supplement the average class load. I was actually suggesting that you were intelligent enough to take harder classes.

maybe you should think before you type. :)

Okay, well...Thanks I guess. Sorry for exploding. I really do want harder classes. Nothing challenges me, except the constant workload. Honors teacher tend to be obsessed more with extra work than more in-depth work. That frustrates me.

MetalDrummer888
05-01-2007, 07:18 PM
You know nothing about anyone here. You never will. .

i know that :)

Your weak fucking mind doesnt appreciate your rights as an American, therefore think those true Americans (like Mike) are ignorant and stupid.

see, there you go again. What rights do i not appreciate? The right to carry a weapon and the right to invade weak countries? What makes a true American? A person who unquestioningly assumes that the american way is the only way and that there is no room for change? You tend to speak in very absract terms that have very little bearing on actual reality.

Are you fuckings serious? You know NOTHING about politics/history/religion. No one on here has ever tried to justify all of America's actions around the world. Your straw-fucking-man accusations are disgusting.

actually i do. i urge you to read my last post concerning eastern europe. If you really need proof, I recieved a 5 on the AP European History exam and currently have an A in AP United States History. You may not agree with many of my opinions but do not refer to them as "straw-fucking-man accusations." My arguments are almost always backed up by historical fact while your posts often, as i stated perviously, lack very little reality and mostly concern ideological nonsense.

You are the only whitetrash on metalsetlists.
that is a rather silly thing to say

1) I am not white.

2) As you said, there is no way to know everything about everybody on this board. Due to the crowd that metal music tends to attract i think we can safely assume that there is plenty of white trash on this board not including you, me, and div.

btw, admins please dont lock/clean up this thread, i am not offended by CoS's personal attacks because i dont give a fuck and a assume that he feels the same. Debates are interesting.

MetalDrummer888
05-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Okay, well...Thanks I guess. Sorry for exploding. I really do want harder classes. Nothing challenges me, except the constant workload. Honors teacher tend to be obsessed more with extra work than more in-depth work. That frustrates me.

i know. That is why AP classes are 100000x better. Im sorry that your school doesnt offer as many as mine. Maybe if the federal government stopped wasting huge amounts of money on a pointless war, they could be directed to better education. :D

Maiden33
05-01-2007, 07:25 PM
Well time to lighten up the mood a bit I guess.

It frustrates the living shit out of me that the tickets for my band's gig on June 4th haven't showed up yet. Not that I'm looking forward to selling them, but we agreed to sell X number of tickets when we thought we'd have almost two full months to sell them... but now because of the venue's pathetically slow progress, we're already down to about 4 and a half weeks, and will likely not hit that quota.

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 07:26 PM
i know that :)

1.) see, there you go again. What rights do i not appreciate? The right to carry a weapon and the right to invade weak countries? What makes a true American? A person who unquestioningly assumes that the american way is the only way and that there is no room for change? You tend to speak in very absract terms that have very little bearing on actual reality.

2) actually i do. i urge you to read my last post concerning eastern europe. If you really need proof, I recieved a 5 on the AP European History exam and currently have an A in AP United States History. You may not agree with many of my opinions but do not refer to them as "straw-fucking-man accusations." My arguments are almost always backed up by historical fact while your posts often, as i stated perviously, lack very little reality and mostly concern ideological nonsense.

1) You are calling Mike an ignorant redneck for advocating the 2nd Amendment! I think the most patriotic American is someone who questions their government officials and their society.Mike is taking the very legislation that defines what America should be and promoting it. I know for a fact that he hates the current administration, and he questions them more than anyone I know. I speak "abstractly" because this is the internet, and i dont feel the need to type up a 50-line description about history, I'd rather just give my opinion and hope someone knows what I am talking about.

2) A straw-man accusation is when you make an argument against an ideal that the other person doesn't really hold. I am not sure what I have said that was void of any historical context. Pragmatism is pretty hard on the internet, dude.

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 07:28 PM
i know. That is why AP classes are 100000x better. Im sorry that your school doesnt offer as many as mine. Maybe if the federal government stopped wasting huge amounts of money on a pointless war, they could be directed to better education. :D

I think one major problems is that not enough kids give a shit about expanding their educations.

MetalDrummer888
05-01-2007, 07:31 PM
I think one major problems is that not enough kids give a shit about expanding their educations.

i think more would if they were given a chance to pursue their personal interests earlier on, such as offering more specialized college-style courses in highschool instead of forcing everyone to grind through cookie-cutter graduation requirements that have little purpose in their later lives.

powerslave_85
05-01-2007, 07:31 PM
BUT WE CAN'T LEAVE ANY CHILD BEHIND.

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 07:38 PM
i think more would if they were given a chance to pursue their personal interests earlier on, such as offering more specialized college-style courses in highschool instead of forcing everyone to grind through cookie-cutter graduation requirements that have little purpose in their later lives.

I think for kids like you and I, career-based courses need to be offered, but we also cant 'leave behind' those "passage" kids that arent quick learners. What a tangled web we weave. :(

Div
05-01-2007, 07:39 PM
I believe that colleges put alot of those unrealted courses in there to "weed people out" so that only to most dedicated make it to graduation.

MetalDrummer888
05-01-2007, 07:39 PM
1) You are calling Mike an ignorant redneck for advocating the 2nd Amendment! I think the most patriotic American is someone who questions their government officials and their society.Mike is taking the very legislation that defines what America should be and promoting it.

I hope you do not think that the right to bear arms is the legislation that defines America. I hate people that think that just because the right is gauranteed in the constitution means that it is somehow "sacred." That legislation was introduced when america had no standing amy and citizens needed weapons needed to be constantly ready to defend themselves from indian or british attacks. In the modern world, we have no need for this right because we are no longer threatened on our home territory. True, a pistol might save your ass if a robber is in your house or some other related scenario, but you cannot hosently believe that people having the right to own gun collections can every improve our society. Japan, a country with roughly half our population has anti-gun laws. They have 53 murders a year (some not from guns) we have that many maybe every month. I wonder why . . . .

I know for a fact that he hates the current administration, and he questions them more than anyone I know. I speak "abstractly" because this is the internet, and i dont feel the need to type up a 50-line description about history, I'd rather just give my opinion and hope someone knows what I am talking about.

your choice, but dont be suprised when your arguments come out sounding weak and un-informed.

2) A straw-man accusation is when you make an argument against an ideal that the other person doesn't really hold. I am not sure what I have said that was void of any historical context. Pragmatism is pretty hard on the internet, dude.

well, considering your knowledge of eastern european history, i would say that would be a good start if you are looking for posts that are void of (correct) historical context.

es156
05-01-2007, 07:41 PM
Or a mod could just ban the people causing trouble.

Eric, time to break your cherry!:D

(why do I have a feeling this is totally gonna backfire and he's gonna ban me?)

If everybody chills just a little bit I won't have to intervene....

:cool:

overkiller
05-01-2007, 07:41 PM
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Div
05-01-2007, 07:42 PM
I hope you do not think that the right to bear arms is the legislation that defines America. I hate people that think that just because the right is gauranteed in the constitution means that it is somehow "sacred." That legislation was introduced when america had no standing amy and citizens needed weapons needed to be constantly ready to defend themselves from indian or british attacks. In the modern world, we have no need for this right because we are no longer threatened on our home territory. True, a pistol might save your ass if a robber is in your house or some other related scenario, but you cannot hosently believe that people having the right to own gun collections can every improve our society. Japan, a country with roughly half our population has anti-gun laws. They have 53 murders a year (some not from guns) we have that many maybe every month. I wonder why . . . . .

FACT:

The second ammendment was to keep the populace armed so that the government here couldnt pull the same shit it did in britain. with an armed population the government would be forced to govern them in their best interests or else face the consequences of a country full of pissed off gun owners.

JRA
05-01-2007, 07:44 PM
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

:lol:

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 07:47 PM
I hope you do not think that the right to bear arms is the legislation that defines America. I hate people that think that just because the right is gauranteed in the constitution means that it is somehow "sacred." That legislation was introduced when america had no standing amy and citizens needed weapons needed to be constantly ready to defend themselves from indian or british attacks. In the modern world, we have no need for this right because we are no longer threatened on our home territory. True, a pistol might save your ass if a robber is in your house or some other related scenario, but you cannot hosently believe that people having the right to own gun collections can every improve our society. Japan, a country with roughly half our population has anti-gun laws. They have 53 murders a year (some not from guns) we have that many maybe every month. I wonder why . . . .

Guns are private property. How many people die of cars every year? Should we take cars away? NO! If someone kills someone with a car (even accidentally) their licenses are usually revoked (or they serve jail time). We give everyone a fair chance to use a car correctly, and if they cant, then their right to that particular piece of private property is revoked.

Now take that last paragraph, and replace "car" with gun, and that is how America should work, IMO.

I also feel your argument about militias and no standing army is unimportant. If someone has a gun collection, chances are they like to hunt or shoot targets or just display them. 99.99% of gun collectors dont collect weapons to stage a robbery. Again, guns are private property..Who are YOU to say what someone can or cant own, if there is no proof that they will use it incorrectly? Collecting stamps or baseball cards or political pins doesnt harm or help America, so why would the ownership of guns by LAW-ABIDING citizens be any different?

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 07:48 PM
FACT:

The second ammendment was to keep the populace armed so that the government here couldnt pull the same shit it did in britain. with an armed population the government would be forced to govern them in their best interests or else face the consequences of a country full of pissed off gun owners.

yep

DethMaiden
05-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Lengthy political arguments frustrate me.

:hmm:

powerslave_85
05-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Lengthy political arguments frustrate me.

:hmm:
Especially when everyone involved is full of shit :dance:

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Japan Statistical Yearbook 1999, Chapter 23: Justice and Police
Rape 1,857
Robbery 4,237
Violence 7,792
Murder 1,265

es156
05-01-2007, 07:51 PM

DethMaiden
05-01-2007, 07:51 PM

To be perfectly honest, I stopped reading after page one, because no one was being frustrated after that.

MetalDrummer888
05-01-2007, 07:52 PM
FACT:

true. This of course, is irrelevent now because that wont happen because we have democracy.

Now if you CoC atually believe that revoking the 2nd Amendment would result in some sort of fascist take-over than the argument ends here because that kind of bullshit is beyond logic.

powerslave_85
05-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Rape 1,857
Robbery 4,237
Violence 7,792
Murder 1,265
Your point being...?

JRA
05-01-2007, 07:53 PM
To be perfectly honest, I stopped reading after page one, because no one was being frustrated after that.

Wanting to shoot a ten-roper like Peter North but can't isn't frustrating?

overkiller

:rocker:

DethMaiden

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Your point being...?

didnt he say that murder was only 53 in japan?

MetalDrummer888
05-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Rape 1,857
Robbery 4,237
Violence 7,792
Murder 1,265

Yearly Murders in America:

Year - Number of Murders
2003 - 16,528
2004 - 16,137

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 07:56 PM
true. This of course, is irrelevent now because that wont happen because we have democracy.

Now if you CoC atually believe that revoking the 2nd Amendment would result in some sort of fascist take-over than the argument ends here because that kind of bullshit is beyond logic.

You are ignorant. You cant/refuse to understand our view point, so you say it is illogical.

Did you not watch the videos that Mike posted about Katrina?

MetalDrummer888
05-01-2007, 07:56 PM
didnt he say that murder was only 53 in japan?

i heard that from my us teacher. Maybe he ment per month. Anyway, read the new statistic.

DreamEvil001
05-01-2007, 07:57 PM
I believe that colleges put alot of those unrealted courses in there to "weed people out" so that only to most dedicated make it to graduation.

absolutely. i know my brother is majoring in some branch of biology (i forget the exact one), but the first courses required are physics, which are extremely hard and ultimately mostly irrelevant. many people drop the major who just didnt like physics.

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Yearly Murders in America:

Year - Number of Murders
2003 - 16,528
2004 - 16,137

economic, social, and racial conditions are also very different in America than in Japan :D

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 07:59 PM

BACK ON TOPIC, I AM TIRED, DONT WANT TO ARGUE ANYMORE

I am frustrated that the Pam Anderson///Tommy Lee video finished downloading from Limewire about an hour ago, and I am still talking to you homos. ;)

DreamEvil001
05-01-2007, 07:59 PM
economic, social, and racial conditions are also very different in America than in Japan :D

true, but you can't deny other countries' statistics, i.e. european, canada, mexico. didn't anybody see bowling for columbine? has this exact argument in it. it may be one sided as hell, but it still makes good points and is funny as fuck

DreamEvil001
05-01-2007, 08:00 PM
BACK ON TOPIC, I AM TIRED, DONT WANT TO ARGUE ANYMORE

I am frustrated that the Pam Anderson///Tommy Lee video finished downloading from Limewire about an hour ago, and I am still talking to you homos. ;)

i thought you were too pure for masturbation? or has that phase passed in the time that you went through puberty?

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 08:00 PM
true, but you can't deny other countries' statistics, i.e. european, canada, mexico. didn't anybody see bowling for columbine? has this exact argument in it. it may be one sided as hell, but it still makes good points and is funny as fuck

but you cant just take one side of the argument for truth.

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 08:01 PM
i thought you were too pure for masturbation? or has that phase passed in the time that you went through puberty?

I dont recall saying that :eyes: :eyes: ;)

tgyping with ione hand uis hard lol

Bouville
05-01-2007, 08:02 PM
For the most part everyone here is so full of shit it is not even funny, specially whiny ethnocentric fascist right wing teenagers :hecho:

And people bitching abut how hard school is? Gee, I doubt any of the whiny teenagers here will make it through grad school but if some one does...they will learn how to properly bitch :lol:

JRA
:eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

It was on the second page.

DreamEvil001
but you cant just take one side of the argument for truth.

no you cant. did i say that? i simply pointed out the statistics in the movie, which i believe are true. of course you can make perfectly reasonable rebuttals about the differences between the u.s. and the rest of the world.

Div
05-01-2007, 08:03 PM

Yes my friend, the government is GOOD, they look out for you, they want to help you, they want to protect and server you, everything they do is with your best interest in mind, sure other governments have gone bad but were america and that CANT happen here! Thats what everyone says.

I feel sorry for you. Think about this for a moment, what is responsible for thousands of millions of deaths? Answer: government. Government has killed more people than anything else, giving up your guns and putting all your faith into your precious government is insane.

Look at england. first they banned guns, that should solve the problems right? then they ban knives. then they put cameras on every street corner. then they equip those cameras with megaphones so the ppl watching can instruct you. then they put scanners in airports that take naked pictures of you. then they tell you its illegal to defend ure house from intruders. the list goes on and on. point is, once u give up ure personal liberty to the government they will keep taking it, and once u give up ure guns u have no way of preventing it.

MetalDrummer888
05-01-2007, 08:04 PM

not that different :hecho:

Div
im frustrated with everyone bringing their preconcieved notions into arguments.

DreamEvil001

i seem to remember a thread where people were joking about masturbation and you took pride in not masturbating. it was a long time ago. i dont know, maybe im just imagining it...

MetalDrummer888
05-01-2007, 08:06 PM

i do. and you wonder why i treat you like such an idiot even though you might actually be quite intelligent (albiet misguided)

you were bragging about how you hadnt masturbated in a few weeks because of your relationship with jesus if i remember correctly

ChildrenofSodom
Saying that the US government is a war mongerer overseas and that being an ignorant patriot is bad, then saying that the government is in the best interests of the people, and we should not fear them, is grossly ironic.

JRA
Yes my friend, the government is GOOD, they look out for you, they want to help you, they want to protect and server you, everything they do is with your best interest in mind, sure other governments have gone bad but were america and that CANT happen here! Thats what everyone says.

I feel sorry for you. Think about this for a moment, what is responsible for thousands of millions of deaths? Answer: government. Government has killed more people than anything else, giving up your guns and putting all your faith into your precious government is insane.

Look at england. first they banned guns, that should solve the problems right? then they ban knives. then they put cameras on every street corner. then they equip those cameras with megaphones so the ppl watching can instruct you. then they put scanners in airports that take naked pictures of you. then they tell you its illegal to defend ure house from intruders. the list goes on and on. point is, once u give up ure personal liberty to the government they will keep taking it, and once u give up ure guns u have no way of preventing it.

I was with you all the way up the last sentence. I understand what you're saying, but it just made you sound like a redneck gun nut. I'm sure if thousands of people organized a vehicular bum-rush of the White House it would be just as effective.

DreamEvil001
05-01-2007, 08:07 PM

ive never heard any of that before. if its true its messed up. i gotta read into it. i still think domestically owned guns do much more harm than good.

powerslave_85
05-01-2007, 08:07 PM
im frustrated with everyone bringing their preconcieved notions into arguments.
You mean people interject their own personal beliefs into arguments that are mostly idealogical? Say it ain't so! :snivel:

JRA
05-01-2007, 08:08 PM
i seem to remember a thread where people were joking about masturbation and you took pride in not masturbating. it was a long time ago. i dont know, maybe im just imagining it...

No it was there, and overkiller was all like "O OK!" :lol:

hot_turkey_ed
05-01-2007, 08:08 PM

your choice, but dont be suprised when your arguments come out sounding weak and un-informed.

Quoting a murder statistic is meaningless. A single number doesn't explain away much in the bigger picture.

The right to bear arms goes much deeper than defense against the British and/or Indians. The American Revolution was very much about placing limits on government in order to defend liberties previously denied the Colonies by the Crown, liberties considered natural human rights, all of which are still valid, even for you and Bouvile. Maybe not Bouville but I digress.

Government does not grant us rights. We grant the government its powers. That is sacred. "We hold these Truths to be self-eviden, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certiain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit Of Happiness -- That so secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..."

Read the Declaration; there are times for bloody revolution in response to oppression.... That's one major reason among many that we should have the right -- dare I say RESPONSIBILITY -- to bear arms.

Guns themsleves do not define America but what I have written here is largely did define America, even if it is slowly being forgotten by significantly more complacent generations.

hot_turkey_ed
05-01-2007, 08:10 PM
For the most part everyone here is so full of shit it is not even funny, specially whiny ethnocentric fascist right wing teenagers :hecho:

And people bitching abut how hard school is? Gee, I doubt any of the whiny teenagers here will make it through grad school but if some one does...they will learn how to properly bitch :lol:

Fuck it. Bouville gets no rights. :fingers:

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 08:10 PM

thats was me on a Jesus trip..I was bullshitting...haha...silly me.

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 08:11 PM
ive never heard any of that before. if its true its messed up. i gotta read into it. i still think domestically owned guns do much more harm than good.

No, guns in the hands of criminals cause harm. WHY DONT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT!!

DreamEvil001
Guns themsleves do not define America but what I have written here is largely did define America, even if it is slowly being forgotten by significantly more complacent generations.

i think that stating that a generation that doesn't embrace guns is complacent is truly fucked up. maybe it just means we are moving past turning to violence as a way to solve problems and pursuing other methods i.e. compromise, discussion...

MetalDrummer888
Saying that the US government is a war mongerer overseas and that being an ignorant patriot is bad, then saying that the government is in the best interests of the people, and we should not fear them, is grossly ironic.

i am not saying that. I believe that we as members of a democracy have the ability to force our governement to act the way we wish it to. It is not the government that i condemn, it is the morons who voted for the politicians who made the war. It is their fault, not the fault of our government.

i do not fear my goverment because i know that it is a democracy and can be molded to the people's best interests. I know that the United States government will not start a program of ethnic extermination or anything crazy like that. f your excuse for owning a gun is that you want to defend yourself when an American tank rolls into your living room then good luck being taken seriously.

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Quoting a murder statistic is meaningless. A single number doesn't explain away much in the bigger picture.

The right to bear arms goes much deeper than defense against the British and/or Indians. The American Revolution was very much about placing limits on government in order to defend liberties previously denied the Colonies by the Crown, liberties considered natural human rights, all of which are still valid, even for you and Bouvile. Maybe not Bouville but I digress.

Government does not grant us rights. We grant the government its powers. That is sacred. "We hold these Truths to be self-eviden, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certiain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit Of Happiness -- That so secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..."

Read the Declaration; there are times for bloody revolution in response to oppression.... That's one major reason among many that we should have the right -- dare I say RESPONSIBILITY -- to bear arms.

*standing ovation* I love you Pavo.

powerslave_85
05-01-2007, 08:13 PM
I know that the United States government will not start a program of ethnic extermination or anything crazy like that.Yeah, because we never have before.

Div
I was with you all the way up the last sentence. I understand what you're saying, but it just made you sound like a redneck gun nut. I'm sure if thousands of people organized a vehicular bum-rush of the White House it would be just as effective.

Dude, my car insurance would go through the roof :(

DreamEvil001
No, guns in the hands of criminals cause harm. WHY DONT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT!!

i do understand that. and its true. but was whatever his name is from VA tech a criminal? he did have a mental instability record (another point is the insane accessibility of guns allowing them to fall into the wrong hands), but not criminal, proving that more than just criminals use guns badly. and what about kids who play with their parents guns and have accidents. it may be rare, but it has happened in my community, so i know its there.

JRA
05-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Dude, my car insurance would go through the roof :(

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 08:14 PM
i am not saying that. I believe that we as members of a democracy have the ability to force our governement to act the way we wish it to. It is not the government that i condemn, it is the morons who voted for the politicians who made the war. It is their fault, not the fault of our government.

i do not fear my goverment because i know that it is a democracy and can be molded to the people's best interests. I know that the United States government will not start a program of ethnic extermination or anything crazy like that. f your excuse for owning a gun is that you want to defend yourself when an American tank rolls into your living room then good luck being taken seriously.

I dont know if you are aware of this, but if a government is going to be corrupt, they ARENT GOING TO ALLOW THEMSELVES TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE BY THOSE THAT ELECT THEM!! Your argument here just furthers my cause, because the only to overthrow a corrupt government is with force.

:lol: You are backwards.

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 08:16 PM
i do understand that. and its true. but was whatever his name is from VA tech a criminal? he did have a mental instability record (another point is the insane accessibility of guns allowing them to fall into the wrong hands), but not criminal, proving that more than just criminals use guns badly. and what about kids who play with their parents guns and have accidents. it may be rare, but it has happened in my community, so i know its there.

But there are nearly 300 million Americans! Why should 99% of us be punished for the actions of the few? Collective punishment frustrates me.

DreamEvil001
05-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Yeah, because we never have before.

definitely a good point, but i dont believe everyone having guns is the answer.

a funny video touching on the subect:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NPBHtjZmSpw

powerslave_85
05-01-2007, 08:17 PM
I don't see how tightening restrictions on the ability of mentally unstable people to get guns is "punishing the majority."

MetalDrummer888
05-01-2007, 08:17 PM

and guess what? Peope allowed it to because they elected the politicians that initiated that legislation. If British citizens werent comfortable with all these measures then they would have opposed them by electing officials who are against these measures. So what if they take naked pictures of you? Are you embarressed by your small dick? I would much rather know that i am being photographed for security reasons than know that there is the possibility that the majority of strangers in my train have consealed weapons.

and please, one again, you cannot possibly believe that owning a gun is going to be any pretection against a government that is armed with tanks and jet planes. Guns will get you nowhere, nonviolent protest through the democratic process on the other hand is a far more effiecient way to ensure that the things your fear dont happen.

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 08:18 PM
definitely a good point, but i dont believe everyone having guns is the answer.

a funny video touching on the subect:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NPBHtjZmSpw

Not everyone. Even in the states with the least restricting gun laws, there are still measures that attempt to prevent the purchasing of guns by criminals, lunatics, etc. Taking guns away from law-abiding, sane citizens is terrible.

Div

actually it is the fault of the government on some level. congress had no legal right to give bush free reign in iraq. congress is supposed to agree upon a declaration of war but they never did, they just gave all the power over to the president, and even though we have a democrat-run congress now they still continue to support the president on this.

DreamEvil001
But there are nearly 300 million Americans! Why should 99% of us be punished for the actions of the few? Collective punishment frustrates me.

it certainly is more than the few. 16,000 gun deaths a year or w/e md888 posted is a fucking epidemic to me. but besides that, i never said and dont believe that gun possession should be illegal. i just think it should be harder to get guns (especially if you happen to be crazy) and more expensive

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 08:19 PM
I don't see how tightening restrictions on the ability of mentally unstable people to get guns is "punishing the majority."

THEN WHY TAKE GUNS AWAY FROM LAW-ABIDING AMERICANS!

DreamEvil001
05-01-2007, 08:21 PM
actually it is the fault of the government on some level. congress had no legal right to give bush free reign in iraq. congress is supposed to agree upon a declaration of war but they never did, they just gave all the power over to the president, and even though we have a democrat-run congress now they still continue to support the president on this.

yep, they fucked up. fear mongering will make you do stupid shit. md888 still makes a damn fine point. photograph my naked ass at the airport all you want, just be sure that the other guys dont have weapons concealed

hot_turkey_ed
05-01-2007, 08:21 PM
i think that stating that a generation that doesn't embrace guns is complacent is truly fucked up. maybe it just means we are moving past turning to violence as a way to solve problems and pursuing other methods i.e. compromise, discussion...

First, generationS....

Compromise and discussion are great openers but there are times and places for violence.

powerslave_85
05-01-2007, 08:22 PM
and guess what? Peope allowed it to because they elected the politicians that initiated that legislation. If British citizens werent comfortable with all these measures then they would have opposed them by electing officials who are against these measures.
Flawless logic :tp: I wasn't comfortable with anything in the Patriot Act or the decision to go to war, but the people I elected approved those things anyways. NEWS FLASH: Politicians often put their personal and professional agendas ahead of the desires of their constituency.

ChildrenofSodom
and guess what? Peope allowed it to because they elected the politicians that initiated that legislation. If British citizens werent comfortable with all these measures then they would have opposed them by electing officials who are against these measures. So what if they take naked pictures of you? Are you embarressed by your small dick? I would much rather know that i am being photographed for security reasons than know that there is the possibility that the majority of strangers in my train have consealed weapons.

and please, one again, you cannot possibly believe that owning a gun is going to be any pretection against a government that is armed with tanks and jet planes. Guns will get you nowhere, nonviolent protest through the democratic process on the other hand is a far more effiecient way to ensure that the things your fear dont happen.

You wouldnt be infuriated if the government took naked pictures of you? :hecho: To counter your "elected officials" argument, look at Bush. 51% of us voted for him, and now he is one of the most unpopular presidents in history. :D

Oh...are you aware that cocain, heroin, and marijuana are illegal, but people still get a hold of them. Taking guns away from law-abiding citizens doesnt stop criminals from getting guns.

DreamEvil001
THEN WHY TAKE GUNS AWAY FROM LAW-ABIDING AMERICANS!

why do you keep saying this? when did this happen? and to my knowledge it is far too easy for crazies to get weapons (VA tech, columbine, gang violence)

es156
05-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Compromise and discussion are great openers but there are times and places for violence.

Like the pit at a Maiden show.

:rocker: :rocker:

MetalDrummer888
05-01-2007, 08:23 PM
I dont know if you are aware of this, but if a government is going to be corrupt, they ARENT GOING TO ALLOW THEMSELVES TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE BY THOSE THAT ELECT THEM!! Your argument here just furthers my cause, because the only to overthrow a corrupt government is with force.

last time i checked, America was a democracy. When the government does something that that majority of Americans dont agree with, they elect new officials next time election day comes around. Its not like our government as anywhere near enough power to do some of the things you claim it can. If our goverment turned nasty all of a sudden, next election day we would have a new group of reformers occupying their offices and getting things back to normal.

or to not allow it to become corrupt by participating activily in the democratic process.

AND ONCE AGAIN, YOUR RIFLE OR PISTOL WILL BE COMPLEtELY USELESS AGAINST THE US ARMY SO STOP CLAIMING THAT WE NEED GUNS TO DEFEND OURSELVES FROM THE GOVERNMENT.

good lord you can be thickheaded some times.

DreamEvil001
05-01-2007, 08:24 PM
You wouldnt be infuriated if the government took naked pictures of you? :hecho: To counter your "elected officials" argument, look at Bush. 51% of us voted for him, and now he is one of the most unpopular presidents in history. :D

Oh...are you aware that cocain, heroin, and marijuana are illegal, but people still get a hold of them. Taking guns away from law-abiding citizens doesnt stop criminals from getting guns.

1. not at all, and i dont know why bush was elected, but 51% think he should have been, and this is democracy so we deal with it. his falling popularity is another issue

2. but it will make it harder

ChildrenofSodom
but besides that, i never said and dont believe that gun possession should be illegal. i just think it should be harder to get guns (especially if you happen to be crazy) and more expensive

Then why are we arguing if we agree with restricting the non-trust-worthies?:hecho:

Div

Well i dunno, security reasons or not, its intrusive. and i honestly dont care someone looking at me, but maybe i would if i had an 8 year old daughter with some fat creepy guy watching her on the viewscreen.

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 08:25 PM
why do you keep saying this? when did this happen? and to my knowledge it is far too easy for crazies to get weapons (VA tech, columbine, gang violence)

then restrict the crazies, dont steal guns from little old ladies!

DreamEvil001
05-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Then why are we arguing if we agree with restricting the non-trust-worthies?:hecho:

i dont have an answer except that it appears i am in favor of much harsher legislation, plus the ideology behind it. i dont think normal citizens should have guns, but i wouldnt support taking them away

powerslave_85
05-01-2007, 08:26 PM
I love how you took the isolated incidents that happened in New Orleans and made it seem like it was a nationwide epidemic.

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 08:27 PM
2. but it will make it harder, at the expense of civil libertiest

fixed

DreamEvil001
then restrict the crazies, dont steal guns from little old ladies!

YOU KEEP SAYING SHIT LIKE GUNS ARE TAKEN AWAY FROM SANE PEOPLE AND I KEEP ASKING WHAT AND WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? PAY ATTENTION TO MY QUESTION PLEASE!

k?

DreamEvil001
I love how you took the isolated incidents that happened in New Orleans and made it seem like it was a nationwide epidemic.

who ya talkin' to bud? there is like 5 conversations going on

MetalDrummer888
05-01-2007, 08:28 PM

i would be more infuriated if my government allowed the average person around me to carry a gun. Ive had guns pulled on me before, something i doubt you or Div have ever experienced, and let me tell you, its a lot worse than letting some security gaurd see your ass.

thankyou. And guess whats happening!! people have gotten fed up with the current administration, so instead of rebeling with their hunting rifles, they are waiting until election day to elect a more capable leader. Congress has already swung to the other side to the political spectrum. I dont know whether this is a good thing but it does show that people have the power to choose who they want to lead them.

gun control laws would certainly make guns less accessable because the people who sell guns to criminals would have a much harder time getting them.

DreamEvil001
05-01-2007, 08:29 PM
fixed

fine fixed, i agree. harsher legislation at the expense of civil liberties, if it keeps the guns away from the crazies, if it doesn't, then it is useless legislation and should be replaced.

ChildrenofSodom
last time i checked, America was a democracy. When the government does something that that majority of Americans dont agree with, they elect new officials next time election day comes around. Its not like our government as anywhere near enough power to do some of the things you claim it can. If our goverment turned nasty all of a sudden, next election day we would have a new group of reformers occupying their offices and getting things back to normal.

or to not allow it to become corrupt by participating activily in the democratic process.

AND ONCE AGAIN, YOUR RIFLE OR PISTOL WILL BE COMPLEtELY USELESS AGAINST THE US ARMY SO STOP CLAIMING THAT WE NEED GUNS TO DEFEND OURSELVES FROM THE GOVERNMENT.

You cant comprehend opposing view points, can you? Are away that Bush has passed legislation without the consent of Congress? Thats illegal. And there is no organization large enough to check and balance the US government in the event that it becomes corrupt. If the government is attacking its own people, why would it be willing to hold elections to oust the leaders? That concept isnt hard to understand. :hecho:

Bouville
Fuck it. Bouville gets no rights. :fingers:

I even forgot to add the red neck component in my statement :lol:

I am biting my tongue... it is a waste of time to discuss these things here but I'll kick your ass as usual when we discuss these things again for the 1000000000000 time :allan:

hot_turkey_ed

You should be wary of government. It is human and corruptable, not always necessarily serving the people's best interests. Generally, our government does a decent job, so I'm not too worried right now. But then again, this is a rights discussions.

I know you're aware that Germany was one the more enlightened societies in Europe before Hitler....

You've proabably studied the French Revolution to some extent... I'm sure you're aware of the atrocities of the Terror, all effectively in the name of social justice...

MetalDrummer888
Well i dunno, security reasons or not, its intrusive. and i honestly dont care someone looking at me, but maybe i would if i had an 8 year old daughter with some fat creepy guy watching her on the viewscreen.

it would be alot worse if that fat creepy guy had a gun and shot you and raped your daughter. Besides, these arent fucking super-man cameras. The video feeds dont come out porno-quality. They are just a step up from x-rays.

powerslave_85
05-01-2007, 08:30 PM
who ya talkin' to bud? there is like 5 conversations going on
I was talking to ChildrenofSodom.

hot_turkey_ed
I even forgot to add the red neck component in my statement :lol:

I am biting my tongue... it is a waste of time to discuss these things here but I'll kick your ass as usual when we discuss these things again for the 1000000000000 time :allan:

You have no rights. :fingers:

You have never won a discussion with me. :usa:

ChildrenofSodom

How many violated civil liberties are enough to signify an atrocity? 1, IMO.

Bouville
05-01-2007, 08:31 PM
There was a session on the Society of American Archaeology meetings about colonialism and imperialism in the practice of archaeology, I have the sense that some people here would have hated it... I thought it was great :allan:

MetalDrummer888
You've proabably studied the French Revolution to some extent... I'm sure you're aware of the atrocities of the Terror, all effectively in the name of social justice...

i am also aware that this was a product of violent, radical revolution, not peaceful reform through a democratic process.

Div

the militias wouldnt have to fight the US army because the US army would resign if ordered to go shoot their own family/friends, doing so isnt a reason why young people sign up. that means the militias would be up against lesser equipped UN forces. alot of the militia people are former military and have much more combat experience than the current armies do, not to mention the advantage of guerilla warfare. engaging on your own terms and then fading back into the population. basically the same thing that went on with the vietcong, and the same thing you see happening in iraq right now. if all the gun owners fought back that would be an instant standing army of over a million men. so there is a very good chance of winning an armed conflict.

yes, i put too much thought into this sort of thing :eyes:

hot_turkey_ed
05-01-2007, 08:32 PM
Like the pit at a Maiden show.

:rocker: :rocker:

Damn straight. This man speaks the truth. :fist:

I pity the fucker who attempts to dislodge me from the rail at ANY show.

:bouville:

Bouville
05-01-2007, 08:33 PM
You have no rights. :fingers:

Yes I do, there are a couple of ladies that have granted me really nice rights :allan:

You have never won a discussion with me. :usa:

Oh please... I always win... bitch :peru:

ChildrenofSodom
i would be more infuriated if my government allowed the average person around me to carry a gun. .

The "average" person doesnt hold up banks, break into houses, or shoot up a college campus.

Check mate.

DreamEvil001
You should be wary of government. It is human and corruptable, not always necessarily serving the people's best interests. Generally, our government does a decent job, so I'm not too worried right now. But then again, this is a rights discussions.

I know you're aware that Germany was one the more enlightened societies in Europe before Hitler....

yes, but that was in the wake of an immense depression, and i dont think the german citizens or the jews having rifles would have changed much. in fact most germans didnt think the gov was corrupt at all, they supported it. and most jews were pacifist at the time so guns wouldn't matter.

DreamEvil001
05-01-2007, 08:34 PM
1)The "average" person doesnt hold up banks, break into houses, or shoot up a college campus.

2)Check mate.

1) true, but far more people do than are restricted from buying guns

2) this is one of those statements that make you sound stupid

es156
05-01-2007, 08:34 PM

:light:

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 08:35 PM
i am also aware that this was a product of violent, radical revolution, not peaceful reform through a democratic process.

How many revolutions have changed their government from autocracy to democracy without violence?

If a dictatorship is enacted, the principle of democracy wont cure things. It isnt god.

Bouville
05-01-2007, 08:35 PM

You old fucks are too old for a pit, you could not even stand a Michael Bolton pit... I can see you with your walkers and canes trying to survive a Bolton pit...embarrassing ;)

powerslave_85
05-01-2007, 08:36 PM
How many violated civil liberties are enough to signify an atrocity? 1, IMO.
Atrocity: The genocide in Darfur
Not an atrocity: People getting their guns taken away.

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 08:37 PM
1) true, but far more people do than are restricted from buying guns

2) this is one of those statements that make you sound stupid

But your solution is extreme. Increase restrictions on crazies, not the entire population.

I was just joking, chill out.

DreamEvil001
How many revolutions have changed their government from autocracy to democracy without violence?

If a dictatorship is enacted, the principle of democracy wont cure things. It isnt god.

true but we dont live in a dictatorship and it is immensely hard for the u.s. to suddenly become one

MetalDrummer888
the militias wouldnt have to fight the US army because the US army would resign if ordered to go shoot their own family/friends, doing so isnt a reason why young people sign up. that means the militias would be up against lesser equipped UN forces. alot of the militia people are former military and have much more combat experience than the current armies do, not to mention the advantage of guerilla warfare. engaging on your own terms and then fading back into the population. basically the same thing that went on with the vietcong, and the same thing you see happening in iraq right now. if all the gun owners fought back that would be an instant standing army of over a million men. so there is a very good chance of winning an armed conflict.

yes, i put too much thought into this sort of thing :eyes:

ok, this is just ridiculous.

1) if the army refused to kill its own people, why do we need guns to protect ourselves from it? And what about all those parallels you drew to China, Germany, and Russia. The armies in those countries didnt hesitate.

2) The UN is not going to invade america. That is hick-talk right there. You have to be kidding me. The UN is not going to invade america because Amerca controls the UN. Furthermore, there is no ecnomic reason for them to do so. The entire scenario you have conjured up will not happen so therefore all your arguments are moot.

3) There is a big difference between Vietnam and America. The Vietnamese were so poor and backward already that bombing them into the stone-age had little effect. On the other hand, bombing america would cripple internet, comunications, transportation, and all the other things that we take for granted and the resistance would end right there. But of course this will never happen so it doesnt fucking matter.

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Atrocity: The genocide in Darfur
Not an atrocity: People getting their guns taken away.

I want I should take my pistol to Africa and save those people? Oh wait, thats the job of some world police. I wish there was some international organization that could do something :tp:

DreamEvil001
05-01-2007, 08:39 PM
But your solution is extreme. Increase restrictions on crazies, not the entire population.

I was just joking, chill out.

not extreme if it reduces gun murders. and a lot of times crazies, such as the VA tech guy, can appear normal to gun sellers. harsher legislation is needed to ensure they dont fall in to the wrong hands

i know :D

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 08:39 PM
true but we dont live in a dictatorship and it is immensely hard for the u.s. to suddenly become one

But if we have no protection, what is preventing it?

DreamEvil001
05-01-2007, 08:40 PM
I want I should take my pistol to Africa and save those people? Oh wait, thats the job of some world police. I wish there was some international organization that could do something :tp:

should be the u.s. army

ChildrenofSodom
not extreme if it reduces gun murders. and a lot of times crazies, such as the VA tech guy, can appear normal to gun sellers. harsher legislation is needed to ensure they dont fall in to the wrong hands

i know :D

normal people dont commit crimes....why dont you understand that? this is just going around in circles

powerslave_85
BTW, a state of emergency was declared in the states hit by Katrina in the aftermath of the storm, and that meant that civil liberties could be curtailed in the name of stopping the violence and looting. I'm not saying whether or not the specific cases you were talking about were "right" or not, but under the law the police would be considered justified in doing what they felt was necessary to restore order.

MetalDrummer888

news flash. our country is already a democracy :)

DreamEvil001
05-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Furthermore, there is no ecnomic reason for them to do so.

Point of all points. almost all action comes down to the economic factor

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 08:41 PM
should be the u.s. army

hmm...but "it isnt America's job to be a world police."

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 08:42 PM
BTW, a state of emergency was declared in the states hit by Katrina in the aftermath of the storm, and that meant that civil liberties could be curtailed in the name of stopping the violence and looting. I'm not saying whether or not the specific cases you were talking about were "right" or not, but under the law the police would be considered justified in doing what they felt was necessary to restore order.

Little old white ladies werent looting....

ChildrenofSodom
news flash. our country is already a democracy :)

you know I meant dictatorship :flame:

es156
You old fucks are too old for a pit, you could not even stand a Michael Bolton pit... I can see you with your walkers and canes trying to survive a Bolton pit...embarrassing ;)

Check out my review from the Maiden show in Chicago last October. There you will find a picture of me on the rail that was taken at the end of the show, with about 5,000 people behind me that were unsuccessful in their attempts to take my spot. And where were you in 2004 at the Maiden show in L.A.? I was on the rail all night and I don't remember seeing you there.

:fist:

DreamEvil001
normal people dont commit crimes....why dont you understand that? this is just going around in circles

i noticed that too... i know they dont, but crazy people do and they are sometimes hard to spot, therefore make it harder to get guns and require more extensive background checks

hot_turkey_ed
05-01-2007, 08:43 PM

You're right. There was no democratic process. The people responded to the oppression of an absolute monarch with force. Good for them.

ChildrenofSodom
i noticed that too... i know they dont, but crazy people do and they are sometimes hard to spot, therefore make it harder to get guns and require more extensive background checks

agreed....but dont take away all guns from everyone. k?

Div
For the people saying it would be hard to change america into a dictatorship, the patriot act claims that the president has a right to not only lock u up without a trial, torture you, spy on you, and declare a state of martial law that congress cannot override for up to six months.

so it really wouldnt be THAT hard. bush, or whoever gets elected next, could simply say "national emergency" and that would be it.

but im sure they put those things in there because they never plan on them being used. he was just feeling spontaneous, right? the very fact that congress gave that power to the president should set off a warning light in your mind.

MetalDrummer888
05-01-2007, 08:44 PM

GOOD LORD. THERE IS NO WAY TO TELL WHO IS NORMAL AND WHO IS NOT. THERE IS NO CRAZY-O-METER. YOU CANNOT TELL WHO IS CAPABLE OF COMMITTING A MURDER.

what dont you understand about that?

the only way to be completely sure is to not let anybody have them. This is the same principle as the dont-accept-candy-from-strangers rule. If a stranger offers you candy you refuse, because it could be an attempt to rape you or whatever. The chances are very slim that the nice old lady is a sex predator, but you can never be to careful so you just have to go without the candy.

Besides, is it really that terrible to not own a gun? You could buy a new cymbals for your drumset instead. Its not like you will die if you dont have one.

powerslave_85
05-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Little old white ladies werent looting....
LIKE I SAID, I'm not trying to debate the specific cases here, because I don't know all the facts, but I am saying that the nature of the government's response did allow them to seize guns if they felt it was necessary.

MetalDrummer888
05-01-2007, 08:45 PM

see above post. you just cant tell you is crazy and who is not. That is just niave.

DreamEvil001
hmm...but "it isnt America's job to be a world police."

debatable point, do we not have a moral responsibility to attempt to stop genocide, etc.? Or should we just stop meddling? I don't really have a formulated view point or argument to back up that unformulated view point on this so lets not argue

SomewhereInTime72
I'm frustrated that I just read this whole thread and it sucks.

DreamEvil001
05-01-2007, 08:47 PM

i dont know... fuck, im still undecided on this. all i know is harsher legislation NEEDS to come, and it should be fucking hard to get a gun, not just a stroll into the local wal-mart

ChildrenofSodom
Jesus H Christ. You are so backwards. I cant even comprehend your mentality...I quit. You have no sense of individual rights or liberties. I am not a gun nut, but I would be infuriated if I was told what I can or cant own, sense I am a perfectly sane, law-abiding citizen being punished for the actions of an insane criminal.

es156

Except for the parts about Iron Maiden.

:)

Bouville
05-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Check out my review from the Maiden show in Chicago last October. There you will find a picture of me on the rail that was taken at the end of the show, with about 5,000 people behind me that were unsuccessful in their attempts to take my spot. And where were you in 2004 at the Maiden show in L.A.? I was on the rail all night and I don't remember seeing you there.

:fist:

In 2004 I was in the rail the first night. I did not get a pit ticket for the second night, bad luck. Senior citizens get polite treatment, maybe they were polite to you on the rail. I am sure the cane scared the hell out of them ;)

But honestly the Maiden pit its nothing compared for example to a Slayer pit... that I would like to see you in, if you could of course, old fucks cannot do it, because they are ancient... I probably should run some AMS C14 on you and Pavo :allan:

DreamEvil001

im frustrated for writing it, there is no point and now my eyes hurt from reading the screen too much

MetalDrummer888
debatable point, do we not have a moral responsibility to attempt to stop genocide, etc.? Or should we just stop meddling? I don't really have a formulated view point or argument to back up that unformulated view point on this so lets not argue

ill second that. Its far to complicated to argue one side or the other. There is a lot of grey territory inbetween.

Fe Maiden

:flame::tp: And this, coming from the person who thinks hypersensitivy is an actual word. Good Grief!

SomewhereInTime72
05-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Except for the parts about Iron Maiden.

:)

Quite true! :rocker: :rocker:

ChildrenofSodom
i dont know... fuck, im still undecided on this. all i know is harsher legislation NEEDS to come, and it should be fucking hard to get a gun, not just a stroll into the local wal-mart

Then lets do that. Taking all guns away is fascist, and giving guns to everyone is foolish. COMPROMISE WILL SAVE AMERICA!!

powerslave_85
The fact is that the United States does not intervene overseas unless it has a vested national interest, whether it is economic, political or otherwise. In other words, unless that country has something we want, then to hell with them.

DreamEvil001
Jesus H Christ. You are so backwards. I cant even comprehend your mentality...I quit. You have no sense of individual rights or liberties. I am not a gun nut, but I would be infuriated if I was told what I can or cant own, sense I am a perfectly sane, law-abiding citizen being punished for the actions of an insane criminal.

i dont have all the answers, just an opinion

Bouville
:tp: And this, coming from the person who thinks hypersensitivy is an actual word. Good Grief!

You are really a bitch, don't you :lol:

hot_turkey_ed
yes, but that was in the wake of an immense depression, and i dont think the german citizens or the jews having rifles would have changed much. in fact most germans didnt think the gov was corrupt at all, they supported it. and most jews were pacifist at the time so guns wouldn't matter.

Hitler came to power through the ballot box technically but how years of pure thuggery got him to that point? Hitler didn't become bad just after he was elected.

A lot of Jews believed it couldn't happen there... no difference that a lot of people believe bad things can't happen here. The Jews did make their attempts (i.e. the Warsaw Ghetto) but too little, too late. Pacificism is not necessarily a Jewish value. If you know your neighbor is going to get up and kill you at 6 AM, you wake up at 5 AM and kill him first. The key question is knowing...

DreamEvil001
05-01-2007, 08:50 PM
The fact is that the United States does not intervene overseas unless it has a vested national interest, whether it is economic, political or otherwise. In other words, unless that country has something we want, then to hell with them.

absolutely true

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 08:50 PM
ill second that. Its far to complicated to argue one side or the other. There is a lot of grey territory inbetween.

My quote was sarcastic..I support the US in Iraq to end human rights violations AND THAT IS IT! We need to be in Darfur.

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 08:51 PM
i dont have all the answers, just an opinion

that was to Metaldrummer, not you :D

Bouville
05-01-2007, 08:51 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fi/f/f2/OrdoAbChaoCover.jpg

ORDO AD CHAO WILL SAVE METAL, FUCKING BITCHES!!!! :mad:

MetalDrummer888
05-01-2007, 08:53 PM
My quote was sarcastic..I support the US in Iraq to end human rights violations AND THAT IS IT! We need to be in Darfur.

yea but we arent in there to end human rights violations. We are there to gain power in the part of the world that currently has the most oil. And that is why we will not intervene in Darfur or Uganda; there is nothing there for the rich in our government to gain.

Fe Maiden
You are really a bitch, don't you :lol:mmmmm, yeah, I can have my moments. That spelling comment was not directed at you by the way:eyes:

DreamEvil001
Hitler came to power through the ballot box technically but how years of pure thuggery got him to that point? Hitler didn't become bad just after he was elected.

A lot of Jews believed it couldn't happen there... no difference that a lot of people believe bad things can't happen here. The Jews did make their attempts (i.e. the Warsaw Ghetto) but too little, too late. Pacificism is not necessarily a Jewish value. If you know your neighbor is going to get up and kill you at 6 AM, you wake up at 5 AM and kill him first. The key question is knowing...

all true, except about pacifism. it is a jewish value (as it is a christian value, but fuck, they gave that up right after jesus said it). i am jewish and accounts from my grandfather convey that a lot of his family were pacifist but joined zionist groups after the war, proclaiming never again and had no problem with wars to protect israel. then israel started kicking ass (with u.s. help of course)

DreamEvil001
05-01-2007, 08:54 PM
yea but we arent in there to end human rights violations. We are there to gain power in the part of the world that currently has the most oil. And that is why we will not intervene in Darfur or Uganda; there is nothing there for the rich in our government to gain.

dont forget the diamonds! but i guess we get those cheap even w/o being there

es156
05-01-2007, 08:55 PM
In 2004 I was in the rail the first night. I did not get a pit ticket for the second night, bad luck. Senior citizens get polite treatment, maybe they were polite to you on the rail. I am sure the cane scared the hell out of them ;)

But honestly the Maiden pit its nothing compared for example to a Slayer pit... that I would like to see you in, if you could of course, old fucks cannot do it, because they are ancient... I probably should run some AMS C14 on you and Pavo :allan:

I was only there the first night. I was right in front of Steve and I don't remember seeing you during the show, although I did see you before the show. And I wish my wife would have taken pictures of the bruises and cuts that I had after that show to disprove your "polite treatment" comment. She was shocked.

I would not attend a Slayer concert, but that is not from a fear of the pit. However, I was in the pit for OzzFest 2004 and there must not have been many Slayer fans because the pit was fairly mellow during Slayer's set.

DreamEvil001
:tp: And this, coming from the person who thinks hypersensitivy is an actual word. Good Grief!

good god give it up, he just didnt notice the SLIGHT misspelling (fuck, did i misspell misspell?)

Div
I think it's a good idea for some of you guys to re-read your constitution. It really is a very fair set of laws. The answer to our country's problems isnt to make more laws, but to just start to follow the ones we already have. :lol:

powerslave_85
Yeah. If we were really going after Saddam for human rights violations, we would have done it 20 years ago when he was gassing the Kurds with our chemical weapons and strafing their villages with the helicopters we sold him. But that would have sent mixed signals, I guess.

Bouville
05-01-2007, 08:56 PM
mmmmm, yeah, I can have my moments. That spelling comment was not directed at you by the way:eyes:

I know, I am just trying to lighten up things, whiny teenagers are a pain, specially the fascist, red neck, right wing type:lol:

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Yeah. If we were really going after Saddam for human rights violations, we would have done it 20 years ago when he was gassing the Kurds with our chemical weapons and strafing their villages with the helicopters we sold him. But that would have sent mixed signals, I guess.

I know it wasnt our reason for going, but that is one thing we did accomplish.

Bouville
05-01-2007, 08:59 PM
I was only there the first night. I was right in front of Steve and I don't remember seeing you during the show, although I did see you before the show. And I wish my wife would have taken pictures of the bruises and cuts that I had after that show to disprove your "polite treatment" comment. She was shocked.

I would not attend a Slayer concert, but that is not from a fear of the pit. However, I was in the pit for OzzFest 2004 and there must not have been many Slayer fans because the pit was fairly mellow during Slayer's set.

I was there, probably you could not see me because of Allan's humanity (good grief, he was HUUUUUUGE :eyes: ). Nah, senior citizens like you and Pavo get the polite treatment, you get discounts at Denny's :flame:

The Slayer pit at the Warfield in San Francisco was brutal and nasty... seriously, I thought I would not be able to make it, but I did :allan:

DreamEvil001
I think it's a good idea for some of you guys to re-read your constitution. It really is a very fair set of laws. The answer to our country's problems isnt to make more laws, but to just start to follow the ones we already have. :lol:

the constitution is a jumble of compromises. and does it have to be sacrosanct? they are called amendments because they amend fuck ups in the pass, so dont worship them.

and yes it would be nice if everyone followed the laws. i bet the debates would lessen. but few will so that plan is out the window. unless of course the penalties are more and the enforcement not a joke

Fe Maiden
good god give it up, he just didnt notice the SLIGHT misspelling (fuck, did i misspell misspell?)Yeah, well he needs notice that he did not notice. But thanks for noticing!:D

Bouville

ORDO AD CHAO WILL SAVE METAL, FUCKING BITCHES!!!! :mad:

powerslave_85
I know it wasnt our reason for going, but that is one thing we did accomplish.
Estimated number of people who died under Saddam's regime (more than 25 years): 300,000
Estimated number of Iraqi deaths since the start of the war: 600,000+

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED :usa:

hot_turkey_ed
05-01-2007, 09:00 PM
all true, except about pacifism. it is a jewish value (as it is a christian value, but fuck, they gave that up right after jesus said it). i am jewish and accounts from my grandfather convey that a lot of his family were pacifist but joined zionist groups after the war, proclaiming never again and had no problem with wars to protect israel. then israel started kicking ass (with u.s. help of course)

:israel:

Turning the other cheek is explicitly Gospel, not Torah/Talmud. Here's some commentary from Rashi (http://www.aish.com/torahportion/rashi/Whats_Bothering_Rashi_Mishpatim_5765.asp) on the issue reinforcing my initial assertion. Now how much that has been done since 111 AD... history hasn't exactly been kind.

DreamEvil001
Yeah, well he needs notice that he did not notice. But thanks for noticing!:D

shut this thread please so i can do some fucking hw...

ChildrenofSodom
the constitution is a jumble of compromises. and does it have to be sacrosanct? they are called amendments because they amend fuck ups in the pass, so dont worship them.

and yes it would be nice if everyone followed the laws. i bet the debates would lessen. but few will so that plan is out the window. unless of course the penalties are more and the enforcement not a joke

I still dont see how that justifies the confiscation of law-abiding citizen's guns.

Div

It's lovely how our government works isnt it? :lol: But you left out the part where the CIA helped to put Saddam in power in the first place. Here's a good paper that explains it if you care: http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/51/217.html

Fe Maiden
05-01-2007, 09:01 PM
whiny teenagers are a pain:lol:I know that all to well as I work with 170 of them each day:eek:

hot_turkey_ed

... and the Declaration Of Independence. :usa:

DreamEvil001
:israel:

Turning the other cheek is explicitly Gospel, not Torah/Talmud. Here's some commentary from Rashi (http://www.aish.com/torahportion/rashi/Whats_Bothering_Rashi_Mishpatim_5765.asp) on the issue reinforcing my initial assertion. Now how much that has been done since 111 AD... history hasn't exactly been kind.

exactly. anybody else read America: The Book. "in w/e b.c. god gives the 10 commandments to moses, proclaiming the jews his favored people. nothing bad ever happens to the jews again." :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Estimated number of people who died under Saddam's regime (more than 25 years): 300,000
Estimated number of Iraqi deaths since the start of the war: 600,000+

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED :usa:

I know...I know....Thank You. Figure 1 is strategic genocide and persecution. Figure 2 is war deaths, accidents, etc, etc.

1 death is too many. :(

JRA
05-01-2007, 09:02 PM
1) George Bush is the greatest President ever

2) Yay Republicans

3) Yay Guns

4) Shut the hell up

5) I still wanna shoot loads like Peter North.

Bouville
05-01-2007, 09:03 PM

Bouville

DreamEvil001
I still dont see how that justifies the confiscation of law-abiding citizen's guns.

i didnt say they should be confiscated... once again, do you want me to enunciate my opinion, or can you just press the previous page button 20 times and reread what i already wrote...?

ChildrenofSodom

2) Yay Republicans

3) Yay Guns

4) Shut the hell up

No

Republicans and Democrats are great in theory, but humans corrupt ideals,

guns dont kill people, people kill people,

okay,

ghey.

MetalDrummer888
05-01-2007, 09:04 PM
1 death is too many. :(

which is why we should ban guns. isnt 32 to many? What happened to not punishing the majority?

powerslave_85
It's lovely how our government works isnt it? :lol: But you left out the part where the CIA helped to put Saddam in power in the first place. Here's a good paper that explains it if you care: http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/51/217.html
Oh, I was well aware of that. We also gave bin Laden his start.

ChildrenofSodom
i didnt say they should be confiscated... once again, do you want me to enunciate my opinion, or can you just press the previous page button 20 times and reread what i already wrote...?

I am speaking to Metaldrummer, through your points..Sorry.

DreamEvil001

2) Yay Republicans

3) Yay Guns

4) Shut the hell up

i'll drink to that

Bouville

DreamEvil001
05-01-2007, 09:05 PM
I am speaking to Metaldrummer, through your points..Sorry.

ah ok, im not sure hes still here

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 09:05 PM
which is why we should ban guns. isnt 32 to many? What happened to not punishing the majority?

Why punish the majority, when the majority has done nothing wrong?

Bouville
05-01-2007, 09:06 PM
It is very good I don't run across fascist right wing republicans at Stanford, they don't exist here :allan:

DreamEvil001
05-01-2007, 09:06 PM

because the majority need to be protected from those within their ranks

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 09:07 PM
It is very good I don't run across fascist right wing republicans at Stanford, they don't exist here :allan:

Who is a fascist rightwing Republican here?

Bouville

MAYHEM!!!! :mad:

DreamEvil001

california is for the most part kickass

Fe Maiden
05-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Why punish the majority, when the majority has done nothing wrong?Amen, guns are banned to the people in Mexico and ..........well look at corruption of the government in that country!

ChildrenofSodom
because the majority need to be protected from those within their ranks

But a number of criminals evade laws, and obtain guns illegally, therefore making gun laws effective at only disarming victims. Doesnt that make sense?

Bouville
Who is a fascist rightwing Republican here?

The one who wanted to deport me and his friends :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
The one who wanted to deport me and his friends :lol:

Who did that?

MetalDrummer888
05-01-2007, 09:09 PM

because, as you said, "1 death is to many."

Bouville
05-01-2007, 09:10 PM
california is for the most part kickass

Amen

Now, as I much as I would love to participate here and spread the word about the new Mayhem, I actually have to do some cluster analyses.

So long suckers :allan:

DreamEvil001
05-01-2007, 09:11 PM
But a number of criminals evade laws, and obtain guns illegally, therefore making gun laws effective at only disarming victims. Doesnt that make sense?

good point, but it is not just criminals evading the law. as far as i know the VA tech and columbine weapons were purchased legally.

powerslave_85
Then eat more avacados and butter:eyes:
So that's the trick, eh?

ChildrenofSodom
because, as you said, "1 death is to many."

Cars kill people, should we ban cars? Bees kill people, should we kill bees?

MetalDrummer888

no. because a fair number buy them legally and then use them illegaly. Also, the way the back market works is that people with liscenses by the guns and then sell them to people without at a profit. This doesnt work so well if no one could get them. You will probably say, well they could still get them somehow (like from other countries) but the fact is, the prices of black maret guns would be two high for the average mugger to afford and illigal guns would also decrease.

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 09:12 PM
good point, but it is not just criminals evading the law. as far as i know the VA tech and columbine weapons were purchased legally.

but those were psychologically unfit people. "Normal criminals" that rob banks and the like, usually dont use registered firearms. They are habitual criminals. VA Tech was an isolated event, in which someone got a gun when they werent supposed to.