PDA

View Full Version : Phwoar, how about that new Iced Earth song?

Angelripper
04-30-2007, 06:55 AM
I heard the new EP Overture of the Wicked and the new Iced Earth song is pretty sweet. Sounds a bit too much like Declaration Day during the verses, but the chorus is magnificent. And the new recordings of the Something Wicked Trilogy are as good as the originals.

overkiller
04-30-2007, 08:12 AM
It's sooooo bad.

Angelripper
04-30-2007, 09:12 AM
It's sooooo bad.
It is a pity you think that way.

powerslave_85
04-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I'm gonna have to go with Brady on this one. It was awful.

Fe Maiden
04-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Where does one here it?

SomewhereInTime72
04-30-2007, 10:19 AM
It wasn't terrible, but it was pretty lame. :hmm: I just hope the rest of the stuff is more up to par.

ChildrenofSodom
04-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Its Iced Fucking Earth. I like the Ten Thousand Strong. It isn't awful.

ADD
04-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Can bands like these just stop existing?

ChildrenofSodom
04-30-2007, 12:10 PM
What makes it so fucking terrible?

DethMaiden
04-30-2007, 12:20 PM
I didn't even listen to it. I don't really think I want to.

Div
04-30-2007, 12:29 PM
i could list music thats ALOT worse than that song was, i think you guys need to get over yourselves.

ChildrenofSodom
04-30-2007, 12:35 PM
i could list music thats ALOT worse than that song was, i think you guys need to get over yourselves.

amen...I can name 12,200 black metal bands I would rather not listen to.

powerslave_85
04-30-2007, 12:41 PM
So can I. But I usually expect good things from Iced Earth, and this was just a boring, uninspired rehashing of everything they've done before. I'll still check out the album when it comes out, I just think this song sucks.

DethMaiden
04-30-2007, 12:42 PM
So can I. But I usually expect good things from Iced Earth, and this was just a boring, uninspired rehashing of everything they've done before. I'll still check out the album when it comes out, I just think this song sucks.

I'd love to bitch that Iced Earth shouldn't be ruining a classic album by writing its sequel, but that would be hypocritical considering the fact that I love Mindcrime II :eyes:

powerslave_85
04-30-2007, 12:45 PM
I'd love to bitch that Iced Earth shouldn't be ruining a classic album by writing its sequel, but that would be hypocritical considering the fact that I love Mindcrime II :eyes:
Haha. Except Something Wicked wasn't that good to begin with ;)

DethMaiden
04-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Haha. Except Something Wicked wasn't that good to begin with ;)

Truth :fist:

Div
04-30-2007, 12:48 PM
yea something wicked was all over the fucking place, couldnt make up its mind. def not a good example of that band.

and ill say it once again. brad, cameron, listen to stormrider and burnt offerings and ull see what i mean :cool:

DethMaiden
04-30-2007, 12:49 PM
yea something wicked was all over the fucking place, couldnt make up its mind. def not a good example of that band.

and ill say it once again. brad, cameron, listen to stormrider and burnt offerings and ull see what i mean :cool:

I have Burnt Offerings. I prefer SWTWC.

Div
04-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Truth :fist: (SWTWC isnt that good to begin with)

I have Burnt Offerings. I prefer SWTWC.

:(

DethMaiden
04-30-2007, 01:01 PM
:(

The first part was merely saying SWTWC isn't as good Mindcrime. Which it isn't, not by a long shot.

And yeah, Dante's Inferno and the title track are pretty much it on there.

Div
04-30-2007, 01:09 PM
The first part was merely saying SWTWC isn't as good Mindcrime. Which it isn't, not by a long shot.

Diary :rocker:

Maiden33
04-30-2007, 01:43 PM
It wasn't terrible, but it was pretty lame. :hmm: I just hope the rest of the stuff is more up to par.

It's Jon goddamn Schaffer. He has a history for writing 2 filler tracks for every great one. At least for the most part... Iced Earth only ever released one or two albums that were fairly consistant.

Maiden33
04-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Truth :fist:

You're pretty two-faced, considering every time I've talked to you about it you didn't have a bad thing to say.

ADD
04-30-2007, 02:21 PM
I like them when they thrash. And sometimes when they write good epics.

DethMaiden
04-30-2007, 02:49 PM
You're pretty two-faced, considering every time I've talked to you about it you didn't have a bad thing to say.

Once again, someone misinterpreting my statement. I was only saying SWTWC pales in comparison to Mindcrime, not some arbitrary standard.

overkiller
04-30-2007, 02:50 PM

Actually if I remember correctly Brainwashed is the only weak track on there. It's a surprisingly solid album. And Something Wicked is terrible, haha.

DethMaiden
04-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Actually if I remember correctly Brainwashed is the only weak track on there. It's a surprisingly solid album. And Something Wicked is terrible, haha.

Something Wicked is terrible? :eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
04-30-2007, 04:32 PM
thats Brad for ya.

DethMaiden
04-30-2007, 04:34 PM
thats Brad for ya.

And it's a hat trick!

ChildrenofSodom
04-30-2007, 04:37 PM
And it's a hat trick!

haha...I find it funny that a number of people have talked to you in private and heard your opinion on a matter, and then called you out when you suddenly change the opinion as you choose to share it with the group.

Its fucking hilarious, really.

DethMaiden
04-30-2007, 04:38 PM
haha...I find it funny that a number of people have talked to you in private and heard your opinion on a matter, and then called you out when you suddenly change the opinion as you choose to share it with the group.

Ahem...

I never changed my opinion. I always have liked Something Wicked This Way Comes, and I still do. I have never told anyone I did not. In this thread, I merely agreed with the fact that it was not as good as Operation: Mindcrime, which it is not. My opinions have not changed. Thank you.

ChildrenofSodom
04-30-2007, 04:41 PM
CHILDRENOFSODOM > OPETH

ADD
04-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Sodom > Opeth

Opeth > Children Of Bodom

Opeth, Sodom, Children Of Bodom > ChildrenOfSodom

ChildrenofSodom
04-30-2007, 04:45 PM
My asshole > Addison

ADD
04-30-2007, 04:45 PM
My asshole > Addison
In terms of size, likely.

ChildrenofSodom
04-30-2007, 04:47 PM
In terms of size, likely.
good story

ADD
04-30-2007, 04:48 PM
good story
Pretty sure that wasn't a story.

ChildrenofSodom
04-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Pretty sure that wasn't a story.
http://www.viscerotica.net/pictures/commentary/faggotry_vader.jpg

ADD
04-30-2007, 04:54 PM
http://www.viscerotica.net/pictures/commentary/faggotry_vader.jpg
Well thats ironic.

ChildrenofSodom
04-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Well thats ironic.

I got nothin'

overkiller
04-30-2007, 05:31 PM
Something Wicked is terrible? :eyes:

Yeah. Most of it anyway. Burning Times... crap. Melancholy... crap. Disciples of the Lie... not bad, but not good. Watching Over Me... crap. Stand Alone... ok. Consequences... fucking awful. I even hated that song back when I was a whiny teenager who actually liked Iced Earth. My Own Savior is decent. Reaping Stone is just kinda dumb. 1776 is really dry after like 1 or 2 listens. Blessed Are You is crap. And the Something Wicked trilogy is decent but it doesn't have enough going for it to warrant it being so long.

So yeah, it's pretty terrible.

ChildrenofSodom
04-30-2007, 05:49 PM
Yeah. Most of it anyway. Burning Times... crap. Melancholy... crap. Disciples of the Lie... not bad, but not good. Watching Over Me... crap. Stand Alone... ok. Consequences... fucking awful. I even hated that song back when I was a whiny teenager who actually liked Iced Earth. My Own Savior is decent. Reaping Stone is just kinda dumb. 1776 is really dry after like 1 or 2 listens. Blessed Are You is crap. And the Something Wicked trilogy is decent but it doesn't have enough going for it to warrant it being so long.

So yeah, it's pretty terrible.

Yeah man, I'll take a Nazi screaming into a trashcan anyday. :tp:

overkiller
04-30-2007, 05:50 PM

lol wut

ChildrenofSodom
04-30-2007, 05:52 PM
lol wut

Ya rly.

overkiller
04-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Ya rly.

I just don't understand what an insubstantial jab at Burzum has to do with that album sucking shit.

ChildrenofSodom
04-30-2007, 05:57 PM
I just don't understand what an insubstantial jab at Burzum has to do with that album sucking shit.

Iced Earth are more pleasing to the ear than Burzum. Fact.

overkiller
04-30-2007, 06:00 PM
Iced Earth are more pleasing to the ear than Burzum. Fact.

:lol: Do you even see the contradiction there?

But seriously, here's my rant about post-BO Iced Earth: They're like a metal band for kids. They're impressive if you are new and inexperienced in the realm of metal, and they sound "cool" if you don't understand how little is really going on in their music. That's probably why I liked them when I was in high school; they were one of the first "real" metal bands I got into. But eventually you've heard enough to see how little value, essence, or innovation most of Iced Earth's material possesses.

ChildrenofSodom
04-30-2007, 06:04 PM

But seriously, here's my rant about post-BO Iced Earth: They're like a metal band for kids. They're impressive if you are new and inexperienced in the realm of metal, and they sound "cool" if you don't understand how little is really going on in their music. That's probably why I liked them when I was in high school; they were one of the first "real" metal bands I got into. But eventually you've heard enough to see how little value, essence, or innovation most of Iced Earth's material possesses.

And you find Burzum more complex than Iced Earth?

overkiller
04-30-2007, 06:07 PM
And you find Burzum more complex than Iced Earth?

Absolutely. I'm not saying Burzum is exactly high art (as some people will try to tell you), but no amount of Schaffer-chuggas, lackluster solos, or annoying overdramatic vocals could ever surpass the subtle awesomeness that Varg manages to accomplish with just a few notes.

JRA
04-30-2007, 06:08 PM

I haven't done that, have I?

Oh wait a minute, yes I did. When I said that listening to The Clash was the equivalent of listening to retards pick up instruments and you laughed in agreement. Then I said the same thing on here and you were all like "OMG!"

Damn, everyone's ganging up on him now. :(

JRA
04-30-2007, 06:10 PM
ADD & CoS, fuck both of you for swiping my shit.

JRA
04-30-2007, 06:11 PM
lol wut

YES!! IT RETURNS! :fist:

overkiller
04-30-2007, 06:13 PM

Oh wait a minute, yes I did. When I said that listening to The Clash was the equivalent of listening to retards pick up instruments and you laughed in agreement. Then I said the same thing on here and you were all like "OMG!"

Views change with experience. Getting "good" at music is a learning process. If your taste stops evolving and you stagnate, you're done for.

I know that sounds really egotistical, I'm not saying I know shit. That's just my view of how good taste in music works.

JRA
04-30-2007, 06:14 PM

Actually, I just subconciously thought that is a perfect methaphor to describe John Greely's singing (since he was kicked out for Naziism).:D

JRA
04-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Views change with experience. Getting "good" at music is a learning process. If your taste stops evolving and you stagnate, you're done for.

I know that sounds really egotistical, I'm not saying I know shit. That's just my view of how good taste in music works.

Is that something towards Brad's views, or towards me thinking The Clash sound like retards (FYI there is nothing wrong with retards, they're great entertainment value :eyes:)?

ChildrenofSodom
04-30-2007, 06:16 PM

He does it all the time.

overkiller
04-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Is that something towards Brad's views, or towards me thinking The Clash sound like retards (FYI there is nothing wrong with retards, they're great entertainment value :eyes:)?

Brad's. I'm not sure I really understood your post anyway. :eyes:

JRA
04-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Absolutely. I'm not saying Burzum is exactly high art (as some people will try to tell you), but no amount of Schaffer-chuggas, lackluster solos, or annoying overdramatic vocals could ever surpass the subtle awesomeness that Varg manages to accomplish with just a few notes.

Well, at least you haven't become corrupt like a certain Burzum-fellating reviewer on Metal-archives.com and write off everything that is good music as "Verse-chorus hogwash."

overkiller
04-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Well, at least you haven't become corrupt like certain Burzum-fellating reviewer on Metal-archives.com and write off everything that is good music as "Verse-chorus hogwash."

Yeah, that's just bullshit.

JRA
04-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Brad's. I'm not sure I really understood your post anyway. :eyes:

Let me break it down like this, next time you see someone mentally retarded, picture him/her singing "DEATH OR GLORY!"

overkiller
04-30-2007, 06:19 PM
Let me break it down like this, next time you see someone mentally retarded, picture him/her singing "DEATH OR GLORY!"

JSUT ANOTHR STRY

Sorry.:eyes:

Div
04-30-2007, 06:20 PM
Actually, I just subconciously thought that is a perfect methaphor to describe John Greely's singing (since he was kicked out for Naziism).:D

Well sense he's yet to hear the best Iced Earth album yet, that joke won't have full effect.

JRA
JSUT ANOTHR STRY

Sorry.:eyes:

Actually, that works quite well! :lol:

ChildrenofSodom

dude.

JRA
04-30-2007, 06:32 PM
dude.

What he won't know won't hurt him. ;)

ChildrenofSodom
04-30-2007, 06:35 PM
What he won't know won't hurt him. ;)

I was once singing 3 Inches of Blood behind a cheerleader, and she called me an emo.

That has nothing to do with what I just said.

JRA
04-30-2007, 06:36 PM
I was once singing 3 Inches of Blood behind a cheerleader, and she called me an emo.

No, what I will say is LOL WUT?

Maiden33
04-30-2007, 06:40 PM

This may be a first. I agree with that.

Now, I still like some Iced Earth, but I like them A LOT less than I did 2 or 3 years ago. Huge case of a band growing-off me there. We have so little in common but I actually agree with what you said. Go figure.

ChildrenofSodom
04-30-2007, 06:40 PM
No, what I will say is LOL WUT?

It was either "Deadly Sinners! VICTORY!" or I was singing Ihsahn's "Come suffering, apocalypse, release the fires of hell."

I forget which one.

Maiden33
04-30-2007, 06:47 PM

Hey, at least people aren't ganging up on me for once. ;)

ChildrenofSodom
04-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Hey, at least people aren't ganging up on me for once. ;)

ADD
04-30-2007, 08:59 PM
ADD & CoS, fuck both of you for swiping my shit.
Disagree IMO.

Angelripper
05-01-2007, 12:15 AM
Hmm, it is possible that a lot of your pre-conceived ideas about Iced Earth are clouding your judgment. Which is a shame.

Maiden33
05-01-2007, 03:41 PM

Point of this being?

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Point of this being?

I always get ganged up on.

Maiden33
05-01-2007, 06:14 PM
I always get ganged up on.

Ah, my bad... I misunderstood that.