Viral Load

http://centralillinoismetalfest.com/

Finally, Death Metal close to home!

MetalDrummer888
04-23-2007, 10:39 PM
wow . . . what a shitload of boring, all-sound-the-same bands :hecho: :hecho:

Fe Maiden
04-24-2007, 07:07 AM
wow . . . what a shitload of boring, all-sound-the-same bands :hecho: :hecho:Let me guess, a bunch of cookie cutter growling vocal crap:hecho:

zgodt
04-24-2007, 09:29 AM
The fact that so many metal bands actively cultivate the stupidest possible cliches makes me sad.

Going through the roster of bands on that website -- at least 50% of their logos are terrible imitations of the Mayhem/Darkthrone "so jagged and jittery you can't even read it" thing. Not to mention the band names themselves. :hecho:

JRA
04-24-2007, 09:45 AM
The fact that so many metal bands actively cultivate the stupidest possible cliches makes me sad.

Going through the roster of bands on that website -- at least 50% of their logos are terrible imitations of the Mayhem/Darkthrone "so jagged and jittery you can't even read it" thing. Not to mention the band names themselves. :hecho:

I've never understood the "Unable to read the logo" fad either.

theclansman1114
04-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Let me guess, a bunch of cookie cutter growling vocal crap:hecho:

Yup, thats what it looks like.

theclansman1114
04-24-2007, 10:57 AM
I've never understood the "Unable to read the logo" fad either.

Same here, I call it the tree branch logos, looks more like tree branches than a name.

ADD
04-24-2007, 12:26 PM
If Vital Remains' music manifested itself and somehow took on a human form, it would rape and murder every single person on this planet.

DethMaiden
04-24-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm gonna be picking up the new Vital Remains. The title track from Dechristianize was pretty cool, and I like getting some new death metal each year :cool:

ChildrenofSodom
04-24-2007, 12:53 PM
I'm gonna be picking up the new Vital Remains. The title track from Dechristianize was pretty cool, and I like getting some new death metal each year :cool:

You already bought the new Shadows Fall ;)

ADD
04-24-2007, 12:54 PM

It was surprisingly ok :party: Of course you get the generic death metal schtick going 75% of the time, but when they do something else (i.e. inject some awesome melody, great solos, sharp tempo change, etc.) its just :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: So far the best death metal I've heard this year, a year thats unfortunately been chock full of highly over-saturated lameass 4th-rate generic crap coming from this particular genre.

DethMaiden
04-24-2007, 12:57 PM
It was surprisingly ok :party: Of course you get the generic death metal schtick going 75% of the time, but when they do something else (i.e. inject some awesome melody, great solos, sharp tempo change, etc.) its just :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: So far the best death metal I've heard this year, a year thats unfortunately been chock full of highly over-saturated lameass 4th-rate generic crap coming from this particular genre.

I haven't heard any death metal this year just yet, though the new Novembers Doom had some songs that came off rather death-y (Rain, They Were Left to Die) and they pulled it off great.

ChildrenofSodom
04-24-2007, 01:12 PM
I haven't heard any death metal this year just yet, though the new Novembers Doom had some songs that came off rather death-y (Rain, They Were Left to Die) and they pulled it off great.

cough...shadows fucking fall...cough

DethMaiden
04-24-2007, 01:15 PM
cough...shadows fucking fall...cough

How the hell are they death metal? How the hell were they ever death metal?

ChildrenofSodom
04-24-2007, 01:18 PM
How the hell are they death metal? How the hell were they ever death metal?

I was joking about this years release, but they used to be melo-death in their EARLY years. If you havent noticed, Brian Fair growls/screams sometimes. Imagine that, except ALL the time.

This year is kinda uneventful for death metal, at least so far.

Div
04-24-2007, 01:34 PM
The only band on that list I've even heard of before is Vital Remains.

DethMaiden
04-24-2007, 02:37 PM
The only band on that list I've even heard of before is Vital Remains.

I've heard of them as well as Mortician, who as far as I can tell are pretty good. But why the fuck would anyone throw a festival with only bands of one genre? :zzz:

Div
04-24-2007, 02:46 PM
I've heard of them as well as Mortician, who as far as I can tell are pretty good. But why the fuck would anyone throw a festival with only bands of one genre? :zzz:

Well I'm sure there is someone out there who's shitting their pants with joy.

ChildrenofSodom
04-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Thats like a whole day of mindless moshing and hate.

ADD
04-24-2007, 03:32 PM
I was joking about this years release, but they used to be melo-death in their EARLY years. If you havent noticed, Brian Fair growls/screams sometimes. Imagine that, except ALL the time.

This year is kinda uneventful for death metal, at least so far.

1.) No, clean your ears/have a lobotomy

2.) No, open your eyes/find better resources

Bouville
04-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Whiny arrogant teenager against whiny fascit teenager, that's so cool!

ChildrenofSodom
04-24-2007, 06:08 PM

uh...you cant deny Shadows Fall's early death metal roots....and so far there arent very many top-name death metal releases scheduled so far.

Get your head out of your ass; we can't let Bouville have the pleasure of seeing us fight.

ChildrenofSodom
04-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Whiny arrogant teenager against whiny fascit teenager, that's so cool!

Did you learn to spell in a non-Western institute? :cool:

HECHO EN MEXICO
04-24-2007, 07:12 PM

WORDS OF WISDOM!

zgodt
04-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Did you learn to spell in a non-Western institute? :cool:

Let's not jump to conclusions.

Maybe his spelling is fine, but he learned to type in a non-Western institute. ;)

ChildrenofSodom
04-24-2007, 07:27 PM
Let's not jump to conclusions.

Maybe his spelling is fine, but he learned to type in a non-Western institute. ;)
Or he's drunk out of his fucking mind :lol:

Just playing Christian....We know you only drink when you're writing scientific journals.

MetalDrummer888
04-24-2007, 07:30 PM

:nutkick:

jeremysaal
04-24-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm only going for Vital Remains and Mortician. Hopefully, they will be playing the same night. Granted, this show will not be up there with the other shows that I'm planning on attending, but what the hell, it's close to home and the place serves great beer!

Bouville
04-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Or he's drunk out of his fucking mind :lol:

Just playing Christian....We know you only drink when you're writing scientific journals.

I wish. I type really fast so I make typos all the time. I mostly drink wine when I write papers for journals, and mostly listen to Opeth or Agalloch when I do that... it is very relaxing.