PDA

View Full Version : Matt Barlow Joins PYRAMAZE

DethMaiden
04-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Source: Blabbermouth (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=70494)

:eek: What!?

ChildrenofSodom
04-13-2007, 08:21 PM
THAT OWNS LIKE NO OTHER!!!

Div
04-13-2007, 08:32 PM
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :censored: :censored: :angry: :axe: :grrr: :bawling:

Div
04-13-2007, 08:35 PM
What the shit! This is like if Hetfield joined Trivium. What a shitload of fuck.

JRA
04-13-2007, 08:36 PM
What the shit! This is like if Hetfield joined Trivium. What a shitload of fuck.

:lol:

hot_turkey_ed
04-13-2007, 08:46 PM
What a shitload of fuck.

EEEXXXCCCCEEELLLLEEENNNNT! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spiral_Slave
04-13-2007, 09:09 PM
This really sucks. :bouville:

theclansman1114
04-13-2007, 09:44 PM
As long as Barlow is back in the metal scene!:eek:

Spiral_Slave
04-13-2007, 10:10 PM
As long as Barlow is back in the metal scene!:eek:

You obviously haven't heard First State Force. :fist:

ChildrenofSodom
04-13-2007, 10:15 PM
You obviously haven't heard First State Force. :fist:

SAY.....NO....TO.....DRUGS!!!! :shred: :shred: :punk: :punk: :rocker: :rocker:

Div
04-13-2007, 10:36 PM
Barlow is officially dead. First State Force was a joke, Pyramaze is a joke, his whole "im leaving the rockstar scene to do something productive with my life" was a load of shit. Well you got what you deserve asshole, your in a danish flower metal band whos main influence is the band you left in the first place.

:finger2:

ChildrenofSodom
04-14-2007, 12:44 AM
Barlow is officially dead. First State Force was a joke, Pyramaze is a joke, his whole "im leaving the rockstar scene to do something productive with my life" was a load of shit. Well you got what you deserve asshole, your in a danish flower metal band whos main influence is the band you left in the first place.

:finger2:

Does he owe you something? Its his life. Its been what, 6 years since the event that supposedly changed his life, I think he has the right to take whichever path he wants. Personally, I would like another Barlow album (dont care which band), but I also want to hear Tim Owens' work on the new Iced Earths, so....

JRA
04-14-2007, 06:38 AM
Barlow is officially dead. First State Force was a joke,

You were expecting to take a band of cops seriously? :lol:

DethMaiden
04-14-2007, 06:50 AM
Yeah, I'm sorry, but this is total bullshit. I agree with everything Mike said. Fuck Matt Barlow. He leaves a band who he made awesome to go play shitty power metal.

Div
04-14-2007, 10:35 AM
Does he owe you something? Its his life. Its been what, 6 years since the event that supposedly changed his life, I think he has the right to take whichever path he wants. Personally, I would like another Barlow album (dont care which band), but I also want to hear Tim Owens' work on the new Iced Earths, so....

How much you wanna bet Pyramaze will be headlining the next Iced Earth tour? This will do nothing except rake in tons of sales for Pyramaze because of people going "omg its got matt barlow!!" :tp:

Its obvious he shot his mouth off and now regrets leaving metal, but he can't join his old band cause they have a better singer now. He could have retired on a good note, people would have remembered him for his time in IE and specifically Horror Show, but now he's just going to make an ass of himself. Oh wait, he already did and he hasn't even recorded anything yet.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u267/jonah4metal/pyramaze%20myspace/band4.jpg

:barf: Who does he think he is? Halford? Oh and nothing screams "badass" more than a giant moth on your shirt.

ChildrenofSodom
04-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Who gives a shit? You havent even heard him in the new band yet. You have no right to deface the man that, from what I can tell, you literally worship. You love his stuff with Iced Earth, he made a career choice and a life choice to leave the band to pursue something that he thought was more important. He has changed his mind, and returned to the thing that he loves, and I commend him for not taking the path of Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson, and Max Cavalera (in the future) by returning to his former band and kicking out the incumbent.

Bouville
04-14-2007, 11:01 AM
I commend him for not taking the path of Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson, and Max Cavalera (in the future) by returning to his former band and kicking out the incumbent.

I do hope Max does not get back to Sepultura and kick out Derek. And thank God that Igor left the band, Sepultura does not need a Hip Hop DJ as a drummer :hecho:

ChildrenofSodom
04-14-2007, 11:05 AM
I do hope Max does not get back to Sepultura and kick out Derek. And thank God that Igor left the band, Sepultura does not need a Hip Hop DJ as a drummer :hecho:

When I saw them back in December, their new drummer was holding up very well.

Bouville
04-14-2007, 11:10 AM
When I saw them back in December, their new drummer was holding up very well.

Yep, fuck Max, fuck igor and Soulfly sucks :hmm:

ChildrenofSodom
04-14-2007, 11:13 AM
Yep, fuck Max, fuck igor and Soulfly sucks :hmm:

Yeah. I like Derek where he is and I like Tim Owens where he is (Beyond Fear sucked terribly.)

DethMaiden
04-14-2007, 11:28 AM
He has changed his mind, and returned to the thing that he loves, and I commend him for not taking the path of Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson, and Max Cavalera (in the future) by returning to his former band and kicking out the incumbent.

Actually, this is a really good point. It's annoying when the former singers think they have the right to barge in and take their positions back when someone is filling them. I'd hate to have it happen to the Ripper twice.

ChildrenofSodom
04-14-2007, 12:09 PM
Actually, this is a really good point. It's annoying when the former singers think they have the right to barge in and take their positions back when someone is filling them. I'd hate to have it happen to the Ripper twice.

He'd probably kill himself :lol:

hot_turkey_ed
04-14-2007, 01:46 PM
I saw Ripper with IE on their time around... he did well. I've never seen Matt perform with them. It would be neat to hear him sing IE songs but Iced Earth doesn't seem stable or active enough for anyone to rely on as a going concern.

Div
04-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Who gives a shit? You havent even heard him in the new band yet. You have no right to deface the man that, from what I can tell, you literally worship. You love his stuff with Iced Earth, he made a career choice and a life choice to leave the band to pursue something that he thought was more important. He has changed his mind, and returned to the thing that he loves, and I commend him for not taking the path of Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson, and Max Cavalera (in the future) by returning to his former band and kicking out the incumbent.

Yea I worship him :tp: Matt was awesome, now he's just lame. Instead of wasting time making up excuses for him why don't you go listen to some pyramaze and then you'll realize how retarted this all is.

ChildrenofSodom
04-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Yea I worship him :tp: Matt was awesome, now he's just lame. Instead of wasting time making up excuses for him why don't you go listen to some pyramaze and then you'll realize how retarted this all is.

But its his fucking life. After 9/11, he was obviously emotional distraught, and he made a life choice to help the nation, instead of himself (in metal.) Just because you dont 'believe' in 9/11, that doesnt discredit how other people felt at that time. He wanted to leave, so he did. Now he's back, so rejoice. :party:

es156
04-14-2007, 02:34 PM
[waits for ADD to post the snooze smilie]

:eyes:

ADD
04-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Sorry, I opened the thread and fell asleep too fast to even get the smilie off.........luckily I'm thrashing right now so I have that extra ounce of adrenaline to keep me up in time to get it off before my face hits the keyboard and my parents have to call 911 again for fear that I may have slipped into a coma...............

:zzz:

Ahh :bliss:

:radar:

es156
04-14-2007, 02:45 PM
:lol:

ADD
04-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Seriously, everyone here has a computer, therefore giving you endless resources and avenues to discover music that doesn't suck. Children of technology, put your knowledge of cyberspace to good use :bouville:

Div
04-14-2007, 03:02 PM
But its his fucking life. After 9/11, he was obviously emotional distraught, and he made a life choice to help the nation, instead of himself (in metal.) Just because you dont 'believe' in 9/11, that doesnt discredit how other people felt at that time. He wanted to leave, so he did. Now he's back, so rejoice. :party:

Yea, no shit its his life, and im allowed to have my opinions on it.

I don't believe in 9-11? what kind of stupid ass comment is that? this topic has nothing to do with 9-11. the problem is that he's a hypocrite and he joined a shitty band, thus killing any coolness is his reputation. you can make him out to be a super-patriot-rocknroll-machine if you want, but thats just not the case here.

how about u go buy a pyramaze patch and use it to sew ure mouth shut

Bouville
04-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Seriously, everyone here has a computer,

Good one Albert Einstein, your knowledge really amazes me :eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
04-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Yea, no shit its his life, and im allowed to have my opinions on it.

I don't believe in 9-11? what kind of stupid ass comment is that? this topic has nothing to do with 9-11. the problem is that he's a hypocrite and he joined a shitty band, thus killing any coolness is his reputation. you can make him out to be a super-patriot-rocknroll-machine if you want, but thats just not the case here.

Yes, you are warranted an opinion. But MY opinion is that your opinion is meaningless critquing of another mans life. If don't 9/11 was a legit attack, then do you believe that his leaving the band to join the Pentagon/police force after 9/11 was legit?

And I hadn't even heard Pyramaze before this thread, so why the fuck would I buy a patch?

Fe Maiden
04-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Interesting! Oh, and I like Pyramaze!:eyes:

Runs and hides.

Div
04-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Yes, you are warranted an opinion. But MY opinion is that your opinion is meaningless critquing of another mans life.

ok

If don't 9/11 was a legit attack, then do you believe that his leaving the band to join the Pentagon/police force after 9/11 was legit?

i dont see how it has anything to do with who was behind the attacks, they still happened. and who knows maybe jon saw that owens just became availible so he threw his ass out.

And I hadn't even heard Pyramaze before this thread, so why the fuck would I buy a patch?

well u seem to do that with every other band :eyes:

MetalDrummer888
04-14-2007, 04:38 PM
Interesting! Oh, and I like Pyramaze!:eyes:

Runs and hides.

i thought they sunded pretty cool to :eyes:

JRA
04-14-2007, 06:36 PM
Is anyone else besides me wondering why Matt quit the force in the first place?

hot_turkey_ed
04-14-2007, 07:11 PM
. the problem is that he's a hypocrite and he joined a shitty band, thus killing any coolness is his reputation. you can make him out to be a super-patriot-rocknroll-machine if you want, but thats just not the case here.

Matt made a decision to do something else with his life a few year ago. Now he's decided to return to music. What's the problem? That's he not going back to Iced Earth? Iced Earth is barely a functioning/productive band.

Div
04-14-2007, 07:28 PM
Matt made a decision to do something else with his life a few year ago. Now he's decided to return to music. What's the problem? That's he not going back to Iced Earth? Iced Earth is barely a functioning/productive band.

because when he left he pretty much said being a rockstar was empty and meaningless and he wanted to do something real with his life. he left iced earth after recording a great album with them and became a cop. i could consider than an honorable thing to do, and a good way to end his career. he would have been remembered well.

now here's where my problem comes in. he spends ~5 years doing a real job and then he throws in the towel. so after a really short time actually doing what he made a big fuss about (how much of those 5 years were spent in the academy and singing in first state force?) he just changes his mind. what happened to serving your country and having a "real" career?

plus, out of all the bands out ther he joined Pyramaze :hecho:

SomewhereInTime72
04-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Good one Albert Einstein, your knowledge really amazes me :eyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hot_turkey_ed
04-14-2007, 09:32 PM
because when he left he pretty much said being a rockstar was empty and meaningless and he wanted to do something real with his life. he left iced earth after recording a great album with them and became a cop. i could consider than an honorable thing to do, and a good way to end his career. he would have been remembered well.

now here's where my problem comes in. he spends ~5 years doing a real job and then he throws in the towel. so after a really short time actually doing what he made a big fuss about (how much of those 5 years were spent in the academy and singing in first state force?) he just changes his mind. what happened to serving your country and having a "real" career?

plus, out of all the bands out ther he joined Pyramaze :hecho:

Are any of us the same person we were five years ago? Do we know that he is doing Pyramaze full time? There's probably more. Anyways, a lot of musicians have day jobs.. he may be one of them. No big deal.

zanthir
04-14-2007, 09:48 PM

Good song title: Mouth Sewn Shut With a Pyramaze Patch! :rocker:

theclansman1114
04-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Is anyone else besides me wondering why Matt quit the force in the first place?

Maybe he changed his mind. His heart was obviously still in music.

ChildrenofSodom
04-15-2007, 07:25 AM
Thank God for Pavo. He's the only source of sanity on this board.

Fe Maiden
04-15-2007, 08:08 AM
Are any of us the same person we were five years ago? Do we know that he is doing Pyramaze full time? There's probably more.From what I've gathered he is joining them to record their third album but not to tour. Pyramaze got a lot of its inspiration from Iced Earth so this may wind up producing a great album!

Fe Maiden
04-15-2007, 08:10 AM
i thought they sunded pretty cool to :eyes::fist:

Fe Maiden
04-16-2007, 08:25 AM
Here's what Matt says about it:

Statement from Matthew Barlow:

Brothers and sisters... The last time I made a statement to the metal community it was one of sorrow but certainly not one of regret.

There are people, things and experiences - once not thought possible - that I have attained in the last several years. It's an extension of friends and family that has truly made my life whole, and one that I would not jeopardize for fame and glory.

That thought in mind, I was posed an interesting proposition by a true talent in heavy metal. Honestly, I had not heard a lot about Pyramaze, when I received an e-mail from Michael. After our initial correspondence I began to realize that this was a guy that really had his head in the right place - a musician who was in music for the music. Michael spoke to me of his band - a bunch of guys who want to put out solid music but would not sacrifice their souls to attain greatness. This is by no means a slam on I.E. or any of the great musicians I have worked with in the past. It simply means that the music industry can suck you in, chew you up, and spit you out if you don't keep firmly planted on the ground. Pyramaze are working class metal heads with something to prove! Metal is what they live for but it is not their livelihood.

Needless to say, I was instantly intrigued by Michael's delivery. Especially considering the nature of my career choice of late. I wondered if Michael had really thought the courting process through. I'm sure that there are some people that never really understood my reasons for leaving the industry and certainly don't like who or what i represent in my current vocation. There is also the fact that Pyramaze has been rather stereotyped as a prog-metal act and I as Satan / Paul Stanley. What kind of crazy mixed up world is this????

Well... The way I see it... I'm in a point in my life, where I love what I do for a living and for the first time, I can support myself and my family doing it. Now for the other great thing... That's how this band thinks. There is no expectation of co-signing (under the name Mephistopheles) in order to have your record sell. The record will sell if the music is great. The music will be great, because the guys doing it, want to do it... For all the right reasons. Pyramaze has proven that!

I sense hesitation... And rightly so... After all, there are a lot of I.E. fans out there that still just don't get it. I would imagine that there are also Pyramaze fans that love what Mr. King did for this band. Hell, I love what he did for this band! I think that the guy is a true talent and feel the same about Tim Owens (that's Ripper to you!). I also feel, that in the same way I.E. fans have taken Tim into the fold, I too can find a place within the Pyramaze family. I would venture to say that Pyramaze, already unique and uncompromising, will not be placed inside of a prog-metal box once the sparks start flying.

I am really looking forward to working with Michael and the guys!!! I also look forward to hearing feedback from the brethren and sisterhood of metal.

Up from the ashes, back from the depths, when the voices have risen, fire becomes flesh!

Barlow."
------------------

Div
04-16-2007, 08:43 AM
That's a pretty long-winded talk, but it's good to atleast hear something from him.

I think what he's trying to say is that we live in a day and age where music will only become sucessful if the band members sell their souls to the devil... and somehow his alliance with Pyramaze (who are working class metalheads with something to prove!) will rise up from the ahses and break this axiom, bringing satan to his knees!

Fe Maiden
04-16-2007, 09:43 AM
I think what he's trying to say is that we live in a day and age where music will only become sucessful if the band members sell their souls to the devil... and somehow his alliance with Pyramaze (who are working class metalheads with something to prove!) will rise up from the ahses and break this axiom, bringing satan to his knees!:hecho: