Thu/Jul-26 OFF
Fri/Jul-27 Calgary, AB Macewan Hall
Sat/Jul-28 Edmonton, AB Shaw Conference Center
Sun/Jul-29 OFF
Mon/Jul-30 Portland, OR Expo Hall
Tue/Jul-31 OFF
Wed/Aug-01 Salt Lake City, UT Salt Air Pavilion
Thu/Aug-02 OFF
Fri/Aug-03 San Jose, CA Events Center @ San Jose Univ.
Sat/Aug-04 Irvine, CA Irvine Meadows Side Stage
Sun/Aug-05 Mesa, AZ Mesa Amphitheatre
Mon/Aug-06 Las Vegas, NV House of Blues
Tue/Aug-07 OFF
Wed/Aug-08 Denver, CO Fillmore

DethMaiden
04-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Pretty shitty except Amon Amarth, but who am I kidding, I'm not doing anything else this summer. I'll see you in Columbus :horns:

DethMaiden
04-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Actually I'm rethinking it now. This looks really really shitty.

ChildrenofSodom
04-11-2007, 02:18 PM
FUCK YES!

Gwar, Amon Amarth, and Goatwhore. Awesome. Alot of screamo shit though, and Every Time I Die? Are you shitting me? :hecho:

DethMaiden
04-11-2007, 02:19 PM
FUCK YES!

Gwar, Amon Amarth, and Goatwhore. Awesome. Alot of screamo shit though, and Every Time I Die? Are you shitting me? :hecho:

Well, those were the three who allowed me to justify going. Do you want to?

ChildrenofSodom
04-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Well, those were the three who allowed me to justify going. Do you want to?

To see those, yes. I can buy eyeplugs for the other shitheads....Or maybe I will look them all up, and find out that I may enjoy them.

ADD
04-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Nope.

Who in a million years would have ever thought that Ozzfest would be a better call than Sounds Of The Underground? :(

I'll be the crowd will be even worse for this show, for the love of God, THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA!?!?!? Just end it right there :headoff:

DethMaiden
04-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Yeah, this is a tough call. But if I get a ride I'm going. I'm just not going out of my way to get a ride. Same goes for Ozzfest (which on reflection doesn't have an awful lineup).

ADD
04-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Yeah, this is a tough call. But if I get a ride I'm going. I'm just not going out of my way to get a ride. Same goes for Ozzfest (which on reflection doesn't have an awful lineup).

On the contrary its actually a good lineup on the whole, and when you realize that you can see Behemoth AND Nile for free on the same day, then it doesn't even matter if you don't like any of the other bands (even though there's a couple other good ones there I think).

DethMaiden
04-11-2007, 04:52 PM
On the contrary its actually a good lineup on the whole, and when you realize that you can see Behemoth AND Nile for free on the same day, then it doesn't even matter if you don't like any of the other bands (even though there's a couple other good ones there I think).

Well, I like Ozzy well enough. And DTH don't suck.

But same principle for Amon Amarth, who shit all over everyone at Ozzfest.

ChildrenofSodom
04-11-2007, 04:55 PM

Comparing SOTU to Ozzfest is kinda like comparing a piece of gold covered in shit, and a piece of shit sprinkled with tiny diamonds.

ADD
04-11-2007, 04:56 PM

What Daath have you heard? If you've only heard "Subterfuge", you are being misled. I thought that song was cool too, then I heard the rest of the album......:boohoo:

Amon Amarth definitely don't shit all over the destructive combo of Nile/Behemoth, and throw 3 Inches Of Blood in the mix and you've got a way better deal than playing to see Amon Amarth play with the worst of the worst :D Except for GWAR of course, but at least on Ozzfest you get to see their ugly clones in Lordi, albeit playing much shittier music :eyes:

DethMaiden
04-11-2007, 04:59 PM
What Daath have you heard? If you've only heard "Subterfuge", you are being misled. I thought that song was cool too, then I heard the rest of the album......:boohoo:

Amon Amarth definitely don't shit all over the destructive combo of Nile/Behemoth, and throw 3 Inches Of Blood in the mix and you've got a way better deal than playing to see Amon Amarth play with the worst of the worst :D Except for GWAR of course, but at least on Ozzfest you get to see their ugly clones in Lordi, albeit playing much shittier music :eyes:

Yeah, I heard Subterfuge :eyes:

Oh yeah...3IOB :rocker: And Lordi, meh, fun to look at, right? Ozzfest should be a rockin' good time. SOTU should be a...well, a place to buy an Amon Amarth t-shirt and beat up poseurs.

ChildrenofSodom
04-11-2007, 05:11 PM
well, a place to buy an Amon Amarth t-shirt and beat up poseurs.

It should be a blast ;) :allan:

Div
04-11-2007, 05:45 PM
If you want to see Amon Amarth just catch them on a solo tour, you will regret going to this show.

DethMaiden
04-11-2007, 05:48 PM
If you want to see Amon Amarth just catch them on a solo tour, you will regret going to this show.

Yeah, this sounds like a bad idea almost any way I slice it. Yet I feel compelled to go anyway...:eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
04-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Yeah, this sounds like a bad idea almost any way I slice it. Yet I feel compelled to go anyway...:eyes:

You mean a bad idea no matter how Addi and Mike slice it. When was the last time (or the next time) Amon amarth will be in Columbus?

DethMaiden
04-11-2007, 06:12 PM
You mean a bad idea no matter how Addi and Mike slice it. When was the last time (or the next time) Amon amarth will be in Columbus?

The last time: the Children of Bodom tour. The next time, dunno.

hot_turkey_ed
04-11-2007, 06:22 PM
90% of metalsetlists will stay home because a) the line up sucks or b) they are not old enough to numb the suck factor with alcohol.

Pavo's official position on Sounds: "FUCK YOU. GOATWHORE IS PLAYING." :fingers:

Pavo's official second position on Sounds: "Why the fuck did they change the regular venue, a parking lot at Shoreline outdoors in the sun? Indoors at San Jose State? WTF?"

ChildrenofSodom
04-11-2007, 06:22 PM
The last time: the Children of Bodom tour. The next time, dunno.

They didnt come to Columbus :hmm:

DethMaiden
04-11-2007, 06:24 PM
They didnt come to Columbus :hmm:

Yeah they did. Newport Music Hall. I didn't like anyone on the bill when it happened so I didn't go.

ChildrenofSodom
04-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Yeah they did. Newport Music Hall. I didn't like anyone on the bill when it happened so I didn't go.

When was it? I didnt see it on their site

SomewhereInTime72
04-11-2007, 07:32 PM
This blows.

Bouville
04-11-2007, 09:01 PM
:lol:

ADD
04-11-2007, 09:41 PM
90% of metalsetlists will stay home because b) they are not old enough to numb the suck factor with alcohol.

Says who? :mad:

We fill our bottles of Calistoga with a different kind of water :cool:

powerslave_85
04-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Eh. Could be worse. This Is Hell are awesome, and Amon Amarth and GWAR are almost worth it by themselves. But Job For a Cowboy?? EWWW :hecho: :(

ADD
04-11-2007, 10:06 PM
On paper, waiting through a bunch of crap to see a couple bands you like seems ok, but once you've done it, its really not worth it :hecho: At almost every local I've been I have to deal with at least 4 or 5 total shit acts before seeing DLF or whatever, and its just grating. I can't imagine a full day of it, and its not like you can make fun of them successfully either which can sometimes be a good way to get through it :(

Div
04-11-2007, 10:40 PM
You can always show up late just to see Amon Amarth and then leave, but it's probably not worth the ticket price.

powerslave_85
04-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Well, a lot of these festivals usually post approximate start times for each band, and it's pretty likely that most of shitty/unknown bands will go on first, so you can always just get there late, but like Div said, it may not be worth it.

ChildrenofSodom
04-30-2007, 05:39 PM
Shadows Fall just got confirmed for SOTU

DethMaiden
04-30-2007, 05:41 PM

Oh crap. That makes it so much more worth it. What now :eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
04-30-2007, 05:44 PM
Oh crap. That makes it so much more worth it. What now :eyes:

Exactly...Shadows Fall, Amon Amarth, Goatwhore, Gwar. :hmm:

THE NUMBER TWELVE LOOKS LIKE YOU? That is the gayest band name since I Killed the Prom Queen.

ADD
04-30-2007, 05:49 PM
For people who don't like black metal, what makes Goatwhore so appealing to you guys? Curious to know.

DethMaiden
04-30-2007, 05:50 PM
For people who don't like black metal, what makes Goatwhore so appealing to you guys? Curious to know.

I actually don't like them that much. I saw "Alchemy of the Black Sun Cult" on Headbanger's Ball and thought it was pretty fucking average.

ChildrenofSodom
04-30-2007, 05:52 PM
I actually don't like them that much. I saw "Alchemy of the Black Sun Cult" on Headbanger's Ball and thought it was pretty fucking average.

It is, but they are FAR better than Every Time I Die

DethMaiden
04-30-2007, 05:52 PM
It is, but they are FAR better than Every Time I Die

I didn't question that.

ADD
04-30-2007, 05:54 PM
So basically, posers :allan:

ChildrenofSodom
04-30-2007, 06:00 PM
So basically, posers :allan:

What? I never claimed to love them, but of all the bands there, any band that I wouldn't "mind" seeing is just another motivation to go.

zgodt
04-30-2007, 08:13 PM
They're so very... underground... :eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
04-30-2007, 08:31 PM
They're so very... underground... :eyes:

None of those bands are underground.They just suck.

sylpriest
05-01-2007, 07:59 AM
Compared to the past few years kineups...this is the worse
with that said I do love me some GWAR, Every Time I Die, Heavy Heavy Low Low, Number Twelve Looks Like You, Darkest Hour

This tour needs four words....

The Dillinger Escape Plan

:party:

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2007, 12:00 PM
with that said I do love me some GWAR, Every Time I Die, Heavy Heavy Low Low, Number Twelve Looks Like You, Darkest Hour

wow. gaydar is going off the charts.

Div
05-01-2007, 12:21 PM
math metal is an interesting concept but i havent heard anyone really do it justice.

hot_turkey_ed
05-01-2007, 12:26 PM

Their name -- it got them in the door -- is funny as hell but that appplies to any member of my Barnyard of Destruction. :cool:

I like the slurred,dissonant vocals on As The Reflections Slowy Fades on Eclipse.

sylpriest
05-02-2007, 05:42 AM
wow. gaydar is going off the charts.

Sorry I'm diverse

Originality...try it some time

ChildrenofSodom
05-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Sorry I'm diverse

Originality...try it some time

I do like originality. But I am very allergic to suck.

sylpriest
05-02-2007, 06:30 PM
I do like originality. But I am very allergic to suck.

Well I'm glad to hear your opinion...I don't doubt 100% that most of the people at SOTU will be there to see some of the bands I like. I hope you go and see that they are amazing live. Hopefully they'll win you over that way

ADD
05-03-2007, 06:35 PM

That'd make it way better, but I still wouldn't go.