PDA

View Full Version : Gamma Ray - DVD/ALBUM/TOUR

theclansman1114
03-28-2007, 09:42 PM
http://gamma-ray.com/news.php?ID=65

So I am a bit unhappy to see that the DVD still is not done. I know the wait for all this bonus material will be well worth it, but wow, the "videocompany" needs to get their asses in gear already!!! :mad:

I'm happy to hear the positive reports about the album. Even the Grapow/Kiske/Hansen project should be great. No matter what Kiske says or wants, its probably going to be some form of metal. We all know of is dislike for metal....

And then comes the ultimate "What the fuck!" of the year for me:
Gamma Ray to open for Helloween? I sure fucking hope that falls through. Gamma Ray OWNS Helloween. Andi Deris is atrocious. Kai Hansen should not have to open for the band that he started! Why am I so pissed off? Because if nobody has noticed, I hate Helloween with Andi Deris! They should have changed their name to Heckoween! No Kai or Kiske makes them Heckoween. And the worst part of it all, being the Gamma Ray fanboy that I am, is that Gamma Ray would only get a 75 minute set!!! What the fuck???!!!

Unfair!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

DISCUSS

MetalDrummer888
03-28-2007, 09:45 PM
revolution is dreamland is an amazing song

and that is about all i know about gamma ray

:2cents:

theclansman1114
03-28-2007, 09:46 PM
revolution is dreamland is an amazing song

and that is about all i know about gamma ray

:2cents:

You mean Rebellion in Dreamland. And yes, it is an amazing song. You should pick up the album "Land of the Free"!!!!

Div
03-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Spiritual Dictator :party:

theclansman1114
03-28-2007, 09:56 PM
Spiritual Dictator :party:

Ok, so you like Spiritual Dictator... What have you to say about any of the other stuff?

MetalDrummer888
03-28-2007, 10:01 PM
You mean Rebellion in Dreamland. And yes, it is an amazing song. You should pick up the album "Land of the Free"!!!!

i have it but i dont really like any of the other songs :(

theclansman1114
03-28-2007, 10:04 PM
i have it but i dont really like any of the other songs :(
:hecho:
HOW? Give it another shot.

Div
03-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Ok, so you like Spiritual Dictator... What have you to say about any of the other stuff?

Well for starters I agree its fucked up that theyre opening for Helloween, it should be the other way around if anything, unless they get Kai to sing for both acts.

theclansman1114
03-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Well for starters I agree its fucked up that theyre opening for Helloween, it should be the other way around if anything, unless they get Kai to sing for both acts.

Haha, you're my new best friend on here! I agree fully. And if Kai would sing for Helloween, they would just stick to Walls of Jericho through Keeper II. :party:

Too bad thats just a mere dream.

Spiral_Slave
03-29-2007, 04:33 AM
Gamma Ray opening for Helloween is perfectly reasonable IMO. If Helloween opened for Gamma Ray, well then I'd have a problem.

Maiden33
03-29-2007, 07:18 AM
Haha, you're my new best friend on here! I agree fully. And if Kai would sing for Helloween, they would just stick to Walls of Jericho through Keeper II. :party:

Too bad thats just a mere dream.

I don't wanna see Kai sing Keeper-era material. He can't touch Kiske.

Spiral_Slave
03-29-2007, 07:33 AM

Agreed. Kai singing Kiske would be = :hecho:

But I've grown to love Andi on the Helloween classics, and now I even prefer his voice over Kiske's on Eagle Fly Free.

Fe Maiden
03-29-2007, 07:35 AM
i have it but i dont really like any of the other songs :(:hecho:

theclansman1114
03-29-2007, 07:45 AM
Agreed. Kai singing Kiske would be = :hecho:

But I've grown to love Andi on the Helloween classics, and now I even prefer his voice over Kiske's on Eagle Fly Free.

Oh really? I heard his version of I Want Out and almost cried. IT WAS FUCKING AWFUL :hecho: :mad: :flame:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eXeFwachWqw

Warning: This is bad.:nonono:

theclansman1114
03-29-2007, 07:47 AM

But you already did ;)

SomewhereInTime72
03-29-2007, 07:52 AM
Gamma Ray opening for Helloween is perfectly reasonable IMO. If Helloween opened for Gamma Ray, well then I'd have a problem.

QFT

JRA
03-29-2007, 07:59 AM
And then comes the ultimate "What the fuck!" of the year for me:
Gamma Ray to open for Helloween? I sure fucking hope that falls through. Gamma Ray OWNS Helloween. Andi Deris is atrocious. Kai Hansen should not have to open for the band that he started!

Well I do agree with that in principle, but Helloween has had more success, so it does make more sense.

Spiral_Slave
03-29-2007, 08:18 AM
Oh really? I heard his version of I Want Out and almost cried. IT WAS FUCKING AWFUL :hecho: :mad: :flame:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eXeFwachWqw

Warning: This is bad.:nonono:

That honestly sounds like Andi was having an off night, but I'll be the first to admit I Want Out is not the best song for him, but IMO he's a great singer and frontman.

IronFist
03-29-2007, 09:07 AM
I can't wait to see Gamma Ray again. But fuck Helloween, I was never a big fan of them...wish they weren't coming.

Fe Maiden
03-29-2007, 09:40 AM
Gamma Ray >recent Helloween

theclansman1114
03-29-2007, 11:08 AM

:fist:

Div
03-29-2007, 11:35 AM

Yea. Keeper, Legacy pretty much sucked. I thought King for 1k Years was great, but the rest just kept going downhill.

Maiden33
03-29-2007, 04:43 PM

agreed. Been listening to tons of Gamma Ray as of late, been reminding of how good they are.

Gamma Ray has managed to remain consistantly great, and if anything, their career has gone uphill... as I believe Powerplant and No World Order are two of their finest albums, both put out well into their career. Not to mention I was thoroughly impressed by their live show when I saw them. One of the best live sounds of any band I've ever seen, both in sound and performance.

Helloween has been treading thin ice since 1989. They've had their moments. I like a good portion of the Pink Bubbles album, so I won't take off points for that. But after Kiske left it screwed them big time. The band can still write some great songs on occasion, the musical quality of some of their later material is undeniable, but if they had a singer that could actually... sing, unlike Andi Deris, they might be able to reach a better result.

I find it funny that I enjoy all the post-Helloween projects I own more than Helloween. Masterplan, Gamma Ray, the first Kiske solo album, etc... But yes, the particular issue for me is Gamma Ray vs Helloween. Gamma Ray has released no less than 3 or 4 great albums, whereas Helloween have released no more than 3 great albums. Just because they more or less defined European power metal, doesn't mean they're the best thing that ever happened to it. I can respect Walls of Jericho for it's promise, and the Keeper albums for their influence and actual quality. Their career gets incredibly hazy for me after that.
:soapbox: