PDA

View Full Version : 3 INCHES OF BLOOD and DAATH Added to Second Stage at Ozzfest

ChildrenofSodom
03-22-2007, 03:34 PM
Source: www.ozzfest.com

:shred: :shred:

ADD
03-22-2007, 03:38 PM
I called 3IOB from a mile away :lol:

ADD
03-22-2007, 03:41 PM
So that's 4 bands I wanna see, with more potential spots available, and the incredibly high likely hood of Alice In Chains being one of those. Good stuff :cool:

ChildrenofSodom
03-22-2007, 03:45 PM
yeah man....I wanted to see Ozzy, Lordi, Hatebreed, Nile, Daath, and 3 Inches of Blood.

I think the no-pay has sorta weeded out all the shitty metalcore/nu metal bands that only do it for the money. Even LoG are respectable when it comes to staying true to themselves.

Div
03-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Who the fuck is daath?

ChildrenofSodom
03-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Who the fuck is daath?

they are relatively new....m-a has them as industrial death metal.....their video for Subterfuge is on Youtube...check em out...

hot_turkey_ed
03-22-2007, 07:41 PM
The lineup is filling out well enough for my interests and a fun day.. now we have to overcome the cost of the free ticket scheme. I'll still not trusting this... I'd rather get my normal PLARS seats. :mad:

ChildrenofSodom
03-22-2007, 07:44 PM
I agree that it is shaping up nicely.....The good bands arent amazing, but the non-good bands arent terrible.

powerslave_85
03-22-2007, 07:46 PM
AXES OF EVIL!!!! :rocker: :rocker:

ADD
03-22-2007, 07:53 PM
I agree that it is shaping up nicely.....The good bands arent amazing, but the non-good bands arent terrible.

Ehh.......Nile are amazing, 3 Inches of Blood are great, Mondo Generator and Daath are ok, Ozzy is tolerable, and the rest ARE terrible.

powerslave_85
03-22-2007, 07:56 PM
I'm probably going to be in Ireland at the time, so it doesn't really matter. I'd rather just wait for a 3IoB tour anyways.

Div
03-22-2007, 09:23 PM
The lineup is filling out well enough for my interests and a fun day.. now we have to overcome the cost of the free ticket scheme. I'll still not trusting this... I'd rather get my normal PLARS seats. :mad:

Yea I don't get it either. Do you just go say "hi, one ticket for ozzfest please" then they print it out and hand it to you? If thats the case I can see alot of wasted tickets on people who will just say "well i might go if Im in the mood that day, and sense the ticket is free Ill get one anyway"

zgodt
03-22-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm probably going to be in Ireland at the time, so it doesn't really matter. I'd rather just wait for a 3IoB tour anyways.
Ireland? Family vacation, or something else?

powerslave_85
03-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Ireland? Family vacation, or something else?
6-week study abroad program in Dublin.

HECHO EN MEXICO
03-23-2007, 12:44 AM
THATS IT IM GOING TO OZZFEST!

zgodt
03-23-2007, 06:18 AM

Fucking kick ass. Studying what? And will you be stuck in Dublin the whole time or will you get to move around Ireland a bit? (Not that Dublin is a bad place to be stuck...)

powerslave_85
03-23-2007, 06:23 AM
Fucking kick ass. Studying what? And will you be stuck in Dublin the whole time or will you get to move around Ireland a bit? (Not that Dublin is a bad place to be stuck...)
There's two 3-credit courses, one on Irish history and the other on society. I'm not sure how much I'll get to move around, but I imagine I'll have some opportunities.

DethMaiden
03-23-2007, 11:50 AM

:rocker: I fully plan to do that when I get to college. Not necessarily in Dublin, but still.

ChildrenofSodom
03-23-2007, 03:36 PM
:rocker: I fully plan to do that when I get to college. Not necessarily in Dublin, but still.

Oslo, Helsinki, Stockholm, or Gothenberg :metal:

zgodt
03-24-2007, 08:33 AM
There's two 3-credit courses, one on Irish history and the other on society. I'm not sure how much I'll get to move around, but I imagine I'll have some opportunities.

While in Dublin, whatever else you do, make sure you see the Book of Kells at Trinity College.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_kells

And try to do the "Dublin Literary Pub Crawl," as it's fantastic. Basically, a couple of local actors take you around town to several of the best and most historic pubs in Dublin, and tell you kick-ass stories about the legendary writers who used to frequent them (and the streets leading between them) -- James Joyce, Jonathan Swift, Samuel Beckett, Brendan Behan, Oliver Goldsmith, etc. And then at each pub they give you time for a pint and/or a shot before you're off to the next pub.

Also, for your reference: Murphy's Irish Stout > Guinness. And the best whiskey on earth is Redbreast.

I have plenty of recommendations for stuff around the country to see and do, too, but I'm sure you can figure it out on your own from guidebooks and whatnot. I think the Rock of Cashel is only about an hour's drive from Dublin and it's awesome -- ruins of a huge medieval fortress.

powerslave_85
03-24-2007, 08:58 AM
Oslo, Helsinki, Stockholm, or Gothenberg :metal:
I considered a similar program in Norway, but the application process was a lot longer and more involved, and I didn't have a whole lot of time to get things done to begin with.

And thanks a lot, Scott. I'll definitely try to do the literary pub crawl, that sounds awesome.

ChildrenofSodom
03-27-2007, 12:42 PM
IN THIS MOMENT added to second stage....pretty crap generic metalcore (with a female singer) They are touring with Kittie and Walls of Jericho right now....thats gay.