PDA

View Full Version : Heaven & Hell to support Metallica

Fe Maiden
03-22-2007, 01:28 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=69189

Maybe I should plan a trip to Vienna:D

Sorry I'm too stupid to know how to make it say Source: Blabbermouth:hecho:

ChildrenofSodom
03-22-2007, 02:48 PM
how backwards

HECHO EN MEXICO
03-22-2007, 02:52 PM
no NO ANd NO
BLACK SABBATH
(dio era: black sabbath/heaven and hell)

DOES NOT OPENFOR ANY BAND, END OF STORY.

DethMaiden
03-22-2007, 03:11 PM
This is wrong on so many levels.

HECHO EN MEXICO
03-22-2007, 03:36 PM
This is wrong on so many levels.
AGREE 100%

KerryKingsBeard
03-22-2007, 04:02 PM
I wanna go

DethMaiden
03-22-2007, 04:14 PM
I actually have been wishing I was seeing Megadeth headline, or at least co-headline, the H&H show though.

SomewhereInTime72
03-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Even though its completely wrong, I would like to see this.

ADD
03-22-2007, 04:27 PM
Cmon it'd be a cool show :allan:

KerryKingsBeard
03-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Cmon it'd be a cool show :allan:

Exactly

es156
03-22-2007, 05:42 PM
I actually have been wishing I was seeing Megadeth headline, or at least co-headline, the H&H show though.

You're kidding, right? You will have many chances to see Megadeth headline but this is most likely the only chance you will ever have to see Sabbath with Dio.

JRA
03-22-2007, 06:52 PM
Well, in the interest of common sense, Metallica has sold alot more records and has had much more success than Dio-era Sabbath. Even if you exclude everything after "Justice."

Bouville
03-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Well, in the interest of common sense, Metallica has sold alot more records and has had much more success than Dio-era Sabbath. Even if you exclude everything after "Justice."

There is no common sense that you are comparing a one single element with part of another entity. Let's say Black Sabbath and Metallica are two independent entities but what you are doing is partitioning Black Sabbath into different entities, what is not clear is what criteria are you using, replacement of singer? replacement of any individual that belonged to the band? If you do that to Sabbath, you should do that to Metallica as well.

It is just a matter of plain statistics.

DethMaiden
03-22-2007, 07:04 PM
You're kidding, right? You will have many chances to see Megadeth headline but this is most likely the only chance you will ever have to see Sabbath with Dio.

I didn't really look at it that way. I was merely saying I prefer Megadeth to Dio-era Sabbath in general. But yeah, you're right.

ChildrenofSodom
03-22-2007, 07:06 PM
I didn't really look at it that way. I was merely saying I prefer Megadeth to Dio-era Sabbath in general. But yeah, you're right.

Bradley, we already saw Megadeth headline....lets give His Highness a chance to blow the speakers with his divine voice ;)

es156
03-22-2007, 07:10 PM

I was just helping you put things in perspective.

;)

ADD
03-22-2007, 07:27 PM
The Dio-Sabbath albums > Megadeth's career output

Div
03-22-2007, 07:47 PM
man, this is so fucked up.

JRA
03-22-2007, 08:00 PM
There is no common sense that you are comparing a one single element with part of another entity. Let's say Black Sabbath and Metallica are two independent entities but what you are doing is partitioning Black Sabbath into different entities, what is not clear is what criteria are you using, replacement of singer? replacement of any individual that belonged to the band? If you do that to Sabbath, you should do that to Metallica as well.

:hmm:

Well, the reason I'm seperating it from the Ozzy years is because they aren't playing any Ozzy songs. Otherwise I would factor in the record sales of the Ozzy Sabbath years.

powerslave_85
03-22-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm so sick of people bitching that their favorite band is opening for someone more popular/successful. Reality check: Metallica's gonna bring in more fans and money. I know you all like to think that $$$ doesn't rule the metal world, but guess what? It does.

JRA
03-22-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm so sick of people bitching that their favorite band is opening for someone more popular/successful. Reality check: Metallica's gonna bring in more fans and money. I know you all like to think that $$$ doesn't rule the metal world, but guess what? It does.

The point that I was trying to make. I'm somewhat surprised the same thing didn't happen with Megadeth.

powerslave_85
03-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Maybe I'm just bitter because I'm tired of all this Heaven and Hell talk lately.

JRA
03-22-2007, 08:27 PM
Maybe I'm just bitter because I'm tired of all this Heaven and Hell talk lately.

That's your problem. I'm tired of certain bands but I don't waste time or energy complaining.

powerslave_85
03-22-2007, 08:29 PM
That's your problem. I'm tired of certain bands but I don't waste time or energy complaining.
Yeah. But I have noticed that trend lately.

JRA
03-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Yeah. But I have noticed that trend lately.

What trend? Heaven & Hell?

powerslave_85
03-22-2007, 08:32 PM
What trend? Heaven & Hell?
No, people bitching about the opening band thing.

JRA
03-22-2007, 08:40 PM

Oh. :lol:

What other "favourite bands" have you noticed opening for more successful bands?

zgodt
03-22-2007, 10:12 PM

Considering that the band is called Heaven and Hell, and not Black Sabbath, it seems the act of "partitioning...into different entities" is pretty much a given. Metallica is still Metallica after all, and their most identifying features -- lead vocalist, main songwriters, 3/4 band members -- haven't changed. I don't think it's completely arbitrary to assert that Sabbath without Ozzy or Bill Ward is just a wee bit more "changed" than Metallica without Cliff Burton.

DreamEvil001
03-23-2007, 10:39 PM

here's my bitch about the opening band: Bullet for my Valentine.... they're god awful, how are they getting on so many high profile tours?:confused:

Bouville
03-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Considering that the band is called Heaven and Hell, and not Black Sabbath, it seems the act of "partitioning...into different entities" is pretty much a given. Metallica is still Metallica after all, and their most identifying features -- lead vocalist, main songwriters, 3/4 band members -- haven't changed. I don't think it's completely arbitrary to assert that Sabbath without Ozzy or Bill Ward is just a wee bit more "changed" than Metallica without Cliff Burton.

The main difference I see is that the name of Heaven and Hell is just epiphenomena from a specific set of historical conditions (i.e Sharon being a c**t). It s fair to state that the name may grant the partioning but also it is fair to say that it is necessary to analyze if the name Heaven and Hell is a necessary representation of Black Sabbath or not, i.e is this Black Sabbath or not? Of course getting into deeper detail than just the name.

Div
03-24-2007, 11:38 AM
Black Sabbath band members playing Black Sabbath songs, sounds like Black Sabbath to me.

EvilCheeseWedge
03-24-2007, 04:54 PM

Reality check: H&H sold out Radio City Music Hall in 45 minutes, are selling out other dates in arenas, etc. etc. I'm sure Metallica could do the same thing, but the point is H&H is doing it too.

And c'mon, H&H is Black Sabbath. We all know why it isn't being called that, but considering the guys that are on stage playing as H&H were the exact line-up that created two Black Sabbath albums... yeah. And so what if they don't play Ozzy songs. What if Maiden stopped playing songs from a specific singer on a given tour? :confused:

I don't like to see H&H opening for Metallica, but I'm guessing it has a lot less to do with dollars and a lot more to do with the fact they were asked to play as a guest.

Fe Maiden
03-28-2007, 12:18 PM
I don't like to see H&H opening for Metallica, but I'm guessing it has a lot less to do with dollars and a lot more to do with the fact they were asked to play as a guest.Exactly! How else could Metallica bring people in after their last major stinker of an album?:eyes: