PDA

View Full Version : HEAVEN AND HELL: New York City Show To Be Filmed/Recorded For Upcoming CD/DVD

es156
03-17-2007, 06:59 AM
Source: Blabbermouth (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=68903)

:party:

MetalDrummer888
03-17-2007, 09:38 AM
YES :party: :party:

KerryKingsBeard
03-17-2007, 10:31 AM
I'll be there :party:

SomewhereInTime72
03-17-2007, 01:40 PM
I saw this coming from so far away.

EvilCheeseWedge
03-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Well, I'm glad they're filming this, but I'm obligated to point that Black Sabbath has not released any fully new material since 1995. In 2007, they will...

> Release a greatest hits
> Go on a Dio greatest hits tour
> Release an old concert DVD
> Release a new concert DVD

I'm glad to see this line-up back on tour. But I'm sad to know that Sabbath will mark the end of their career with a 10+ year stint of cashing in.

JRA
03-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Well, I'm glad they're filming this, but I'm obligated to point that Black Sabbath has not released any fully new material since 1995. In 2007, they will...

> Release a greatest hits
> Go on a Dio greatest hits tour
> Release an old concert DVD
> Release a new concert DVD

I'm glad to see this line-up back on tour. But I'm sad to know that Sabbath will mark the end of their career with a 10+ year stint of cashing in.

You need to stop caring so much about that. It'll make life less stressful.:D

EvilCheeseWedge
03-17-2007, 03:37 PM
You need to stop caring so much about that. It'll make life less stressful.:D

It doesn't bother me. I would rather them not soil their name further by releasing albums such as Angel of Retribution to keep the appearance of wanting to create new material, but really, only recording new stuff as an excuse to tour on the old stuff.

However, they failed me in this respect as they recorded three of the worst songs I've ever heard. And then stuck 'em on a greatest hits collection. That's just bullshit. They should've axed all three of the new turds for "Sign of the Southern Cross" - an actual classic. Or any song that could either be called "great" or a "hit."

JRA
03-17-2007, 03:38 PM
However, they failed me in this respect as they recorded three of the worst songs I've ever heard. And then stuck 'em on a greatest hits collection. That's just bullshit. They should've axed all three of the new turds for "Sign of the Southern Cross" - an actual classic. Or any song that could either be called "great" or a "hit."

:agree:

MetalDrummer888
03-17-2007, 04:03 PM
I would rather them not soil their name further by releasing albums such as Angel of Retribution to keep the appearance of wanting to create new material, but really, only recording new stuff as an excuse to tour on the old stuff.

:nonono:

es156
03-17-2007, 04:27 PM
It doesn't bother me. I would rather them not soil their name further by releasing albums such as Angel of Retribution to keep the appearance of wanting to create new material, but really, only recording new stuff as an excuse to tour on the old stuff.

You sound like a bitter old man.

;)

es156
03-17-2007, 04:35 PM
I saw this coming from so far away.

It seemed pretty obvious. It's just too bad it is not general admission! That would be awesome!

EvilCheeseWedge
03-17-2007, 05:43 PM
You sound like a bitter old man.

;)

Not bitter, just honest :D

EvilCheeseWedge
03-17-2007, 05:44 PM
:nonono:

Nothing says, "we reunited because we really felt the need to create new material together again" then an epic like "Lochness" :lol:

JRA
03-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Nothing says, "we reunited because we really felt the need to create new material together again" then an epic like "Lochness" :lol:

For the record, there is absoultely nothing wrong with reuniting to play Starbreaker and Tyrant. Although I'm still waiting for them to do that.