11. Vinny Appice Solo
12. Computer God
13. Falling Off The Edge of The World
14. Shadow of The Wind
15. Die Young
16. Heaven and Hell
---------------------
17. Neon Knights

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=68598

PAVO EDIT 3:51 AM: Blabbermouth updated with the following:

MEGADETH:

01. Sleepwalker
02. Wake Up Dead
03. Kick The Chair
04. Washington Is Next
05. A Tout Le Monde
06. Symphony Of Destruction
07. Trust
08. Peace Sells
09. Holy Wars

DOWN:

01. Lysergik Funeral Procession
02. Lifer
03. Hail the Leaf
04. Underneath Everything
05. Stone the Crow
06. Bury Me In Smoke

DethMaiden
03-12-2007, 04:00 AM
All three new songs? :hecho:

Otherwise, great setlist. I'm not too pissed about anything being missing.

JRA
03-12-2007, 05:26 AM
Huh, wasn't expecting them to open with After All (The Dead). Unfortunately they gotta keep all three new songs in there, so my only complaint is take out Lady Evil and replace it with Master Of Insanity or Buried Alive.

Edit: Actually, above complaints aside, that set is perfect.

JRA
03-12-2007, 06:46 AM
This is how I would do it.

01. E5150
02. Turn Up The Night
03. The Mob Rules
04. Children of The Sea
05. After All (The Dead)
06. TV Crimes
07. I
08. The Sign of The Southern Cross
09. Voodoo
10. Lonely Is The Word
11. Master Of Insanity
12. Computer God
13. Falling Off The Edge of The World
14. Buried Alive
15. Die Young
16. Heaven and Hell
---------------------
17. Neon Knights

Maiden33
03-12-2007, 06:59 AM
I think it's pretty cool that they're doing all 3 new songs, but I would've liked one or two more off Dehumanizer, particularly TV Crime... but you can't have everything I guess.
And I have to admit, now I'm pretty upset that Im not going.

Spiral_Slave
03-12-2007, 08:23 AM
Looks pretty good to me, I'm actually okay with them playing the new songs live.

Frantic Canadian
03-12-2007, 11:25 AM
I hope Megadeth changes their setlist by the time they reach Ottawa because that's not a very good setlist.

Human_Metal
03-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Computer God :party:

Looks great, really looking forward to see them on one of their summer festival shows!

EDIT: Lonley is the Word was in the set list but was dropped due to time.

ChildrenofSodom
03-12-2007, 12:09 PM
I hope Megadeth changes their setlist by the time they reach Ottawa because that's not a very good setlist.

Yeah...its pretty terrible......

On the Down set, the ones on there that I have heard of, I like....so...no complaints....

DethMaiden
03-12-2007, 12:19 PM
I've got no complaints with that Megadeth set.

ADD
03-12-2007, 12:57 PM
I think that's a GREAT Heaven & Hell setlist, I am extremely pleased, especially that they are apparently doing "Lonely Is The Word" as a second encore too but Ronnie announced they couldn't last night due to curfew, so they'll probably get all that squared away. Strange opener though, they should flip "After All (The Dead)" with "The Mob Rules", that makes infinitely more sense (plus that would be my choice opener anyways, "Neon Knights" is a better encore song than to open a show with). And, as I hoped, they picked the best songs from Dehumanizer :party:

You guys shouldn't bitch about them doing the 3 new ones, it was known all along that would be the case, no shock. I wish they wouldn't (in fact, I wish they never even recorded those songs :lol: ) and instead hit up some "Country Girl", "Turn Up The Night", and "Over And Over" in their place, but whatever.

As for the Megadeth set, I am pleased at only 2 new songs, but "A Tout Le Monde" and "Trust" need to go. How about "Set The World Afire" and "In My Darkest Hour" instead? :drool: :drool: :drool: Thank God they kept "Wake Up Dead" though, that one was on the cutting board in my mind, otherwise no surpries. "Back In The Day" would be an appropiate fill-in for "Kick The Chair" too I believe, and would also be cooler since they didn't play it on Gigantour.

JRA
03-12-2007, 01:41 PM
You guys shouldn't bitch about them doing the 3 new ones, it was known all along that would be the case, no shock. I wish they wouldn't (in fact, I wish they never even recorded those songs :lol: ) and instead hit up some "Country Girl"

:hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho:

ADD
03-12-2007, 01:42 PM
:hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho:
Hail the riff and stick Master Of Insanity and Buried Alive up yer ass :party:

Seriously how can you not like that main riff?

JRA
03-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Hail the riff and stick Master Of Insanity and Buried Alive up yer ass :party:

Seriously how can you not like that main riff?

Black Sabbath should not write about "Country Girls." If you can't grasp that concept, you should be forced to listen to the Rolling Stones and Bob Marley non-stop for a week.

ADD
03-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Black Sabbath should not write about "Country Girls." If you can't grasp that concept, you should be forced to listen to the Rolling Stones and Bob Marley non-stop for a week.
Listen to the goddamn riff and STFU :hecho: Dio has written WAAAAY more stupid lyrics than that, from songs that you even like. Case in point: Ronnie James Dio should not write about anything relating to "Naked in the Rain". That doesn't change the fact that its a good song.

ADD
03-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Also, as a side note, the obligatory drum solo needs to be cut. Vinny Appice isn't gonna blow anybody away, and obviously there's room for at least another song in that spot.

IronFist
03-12-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm extremely happy about that setlist...Megadeth's and Down's is great too. Going to be a fucking awesome evening next week!!

ADD
03-12-2007, 02:15 PM
I'm extremely happy about that setlist...Megadeth's and Down's is great too. Going to be a fucking awesome evening next week!!
Down should play the U.S dates, fuck Machine Head.

IronFist
03-12-2007, 02:17 PM
I really do feel bad for you guys. I just got into them last month, and they are amazing. Hopefully they'll do a headlining tour soon after their new album is released.

ADD
03-12-2007, 02:20 PM
I really do feel bad for you guys. I just got into them last month, and they are amazing. Hopefully they'll do a headlining tour soon after their new album is released.
Yup, Down kills. You should check out Kirk and Jimmy's other bands too if you haven't already (i.e. Crowbar, The Mystic Krewe Of Clearlight, Corrosion Of Conformity, and the mighty EyeHateGod).

JRA
03-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Listen to the goddamn riff and STFU :hecho: Dio has written WAAAAY more stupid lyrics than that, from songs that you even like. Case in point: Ronnie James Dio should not write about anything relating to "Naked in the Rain". That doesn't change the fact that its a good song.

Now who's the one being immature and stupid? We both know, that "Naked In The Rain" is clearly a metaphor. Oh and by the way, that riff sucks. And you might as well not defend it anymore, you're just gonna piss me off and make me hate the song even worse.

EvilCheeseWedge
03-12-2007, 02:27 PM
You're both wrong. "Country Girl" AND "Naked in the Rain" BOTH suck! Country Girl is retarded. Naked In The Rain is both a lousy metaphor and indescribably creepy.

Have you guys heard the other new Sabbath songs? They're just as mediocre as "When The Devil Cries" or whatever cliché crap it was called. No business being played live.

Completely agree on the drum solo. Let's not beat around the bush... Vinny's playing is about as exciting as a car that works. You're happy it works, but you ain't gonna get excited that it's doing what it's supposed to.

Otherwise... solid set. I look forward to May 11!

Megadeth better make their set interesting by then too.

JRA
03-12-2007, 02:32 PM
You're both wrong. "Country Girl" AND "Naked in the Rain" BOTH suck! Country Girl is retarded. Naked In The Rain is both a lousy metaphor and indescribably creepy.

Silence! :D

EvilCheeseWedge
03-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Silence! :D
:lol: I would take "Naked in the Rain" over "Country Girl" though. The riff is okay, but I don't think Iommi has much of a problem coming up with decent riffs.

JRA
03-12-2007, 02:36 PM
:lol: I would take "Naked in the Rain" over "Country Girl" though. The riff is okay, but I don't think Iommi has much of a problem coming up with decent riffs.

Thank you. And even Tony fucks up. It just shows that nobody's perfect.

zgodt
03-12-2007, 02:44 PM

Okay, sign me up! :)

JRA
03-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Okay, sign me up! :)

:lol:

That was strictly for ADD, but that was still awesome!

ADD
03-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Ok, here's something EVERYONE can agree on: Dave drops A Tout Le Monde and Trust for Good Mourning/Black Friday, making the absence of Country Girl from H&H's set obsolete :D

JRA
03-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Ok, here's something EVERYONE can agree on: Dave drops A Tout Le Monde and Trust for Good Mourning/Black Friday, making the absence of Country Girl from H&H's set obsolete :D

I fail to see how the former allows the latter to happen, but any sentence with the terms "Country Girl" and "obselete" in the same sentence sounds like a plan to me!:party:

By the way, I'm writing a review of the Heaven & Hell album as we speak. I'll post it later tonight.

ADD
03-12-2007, 03:46 PM
I fail to see how the former allows the latter to happen, but any sentence with the terms "Country Girl" and "obselete" in the same sentence sounds like a plan to me!:party:

By the way, I'm writing a review of the Heaven & Hell album as we speak. I'll post it later tonight.

:lol: Because I said so it will happen! :fist:

Frantic Canadian
03-12-2007, 04:42 PM
As for the Megadeth set, I am pleased at only 2 new songs, but "A Tout Le Monde" and "Trust" need to go. How about "Set The World Afire" and "In My Darkest Hour" instead? :drool: :drool: :drool: Thank God they kept "Wake Up Dead" though, that one was on the cutting board in my mind, otherwise no surpries. "Back In The Day" would be an appropiate fill-in for "Kick The Chair" too I believe, and would also be cooler since they didn't play it on Gigantour.

I'd rather they did Gears Of War instead of Sleepwalker. Sleepwalker's okay but I think Gears Of War is a better song. Trust and A Tout Le Monde need to go. If they're doing something from Youthanasia they should do Train Of Consequences. I really wish they'd do more than one song from Countdown To Extinction.

ADD
03-12-2007, 04:50 PM
I'd rather they did Gears Of War instead of Sleepwalker. Sleepwalker's okay but I think Gears Of War is a better song. Trust and A Tout Le Monde need to go. If they're doing something from Youthanasia they should do Train Of Consequences. I really wish they'd do more than one song from Countdown To Extinction.
I haven't heard Sleepwalker yet, but Gears Of War didn't thrill me too much. Personally I wish the set focused on the pre-1992 stuff mostly, specifically they need to start doing tunes from Killing Is My Buisness again.

SnakeCharmer
03-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Anybody find any info on what time Heaven and Hell took the stage?

Frantic Canadian
03-12-2007, 05:44 PM
I haven't heard Sleepwalker yet, but Gears Of War didn't thrill me too much. Personally I wish the set focused on the pre-1992 stuff mostly, specifically they need to start doing tunes from Killing Is My Buisness again.

It would be great if they played stuff no older than Countdown To Extinction. I wish they'd play some stuff from Rust In Peace as well.

ADD
03-12-2007, 05:48 PM
It would be great if they played stuff no older than Countdown To Extinction. I wish they'd play some stuff from Rust In Peace as well.
I'm a little surprised and disappointed at no Tornado Of Souls myself :(

DethMaiden
03-12-2007, 05:59 PM

Fail.

IronFist
03-12-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm a little surprised and disappointed at no Tornado Of Souls myself :(
My thoughts exactly. Favourite 'deth song :horns:

Maiden33
03-12-2007, 07:04 PM

I'll pass on both. There's tons of great metal bands out there that show Dio-era Sabbath influence. I personally would pick Astral Doors.

ADD
03-12-2007, 09:40 PM
I'll pass on both. There's tons of great metal bands out there that show Dio-era Sabbath influence. I personally would pick Astral Doors.

They'd be a nice choice too :cool:

MetalDrummer888
03-12-2007, 09:55 PM

that would be sick :party:

JRA
03-13-2007, 06:38 AM
I personally don't think anybody should be opening for this. I mean, I think it's safe to say that anybody who's buying a ticket isn't buying it just to see Down. People have been waiting a long time for this have to sit through two bands that they may not even care about? Besides, those extra bands are probably the reason Heaven & Hell had to have their set cut short. So I say drop Down (or drop both bands), and as for Heaven & Hell, get your ass on stage early and give them fans the full show they've been wanting to see.

:soapbox:

Maiden33
03-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Good to see support for Astral Doors. I think they're a great band and it's really cool that their music is so derivative of classic hard rock/metal.

Maiden33
03-13-2007, 10:03 AM
I personally don't think anybody should be opening for this. I mean, I think it's safe to say that anybody who's buying a ticket isn't buying it just to see Down. People have been waiting a long time for this have to sit through two bands that they may not even care about? Besides, those extra bands are probably the reason Heaven & Hell had to have their set cut short. So I say drop Down (or drop both bands), and as for Heaven & Hell, get your ass on stage early and give them fans the full show they've been wanting to see.

While i can agree on the "evening with" concept... they are playing a full show. To me the show is a very respectable length... What do you want? The guys are all almost (or already) 60-ish as far as I know, give em a break. Maiden plays like 15 songs at a headliner show and they're all 10 years younger.

DethMaiden
03-13-2007, 12:19 PM
I just thought of this, but how would the encore work? I mean, "Heaven and Hell" ain't exactly chantable.

JRA
03-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Maiden plays like 15 songs at a headliner show and they're all 10 years younger.

That doesn't make it right.

JRA
03-13-2007, 12:47 PM
I just thought of this, but how would the encore work? I mean, "Heaven and Hell" ain't exactly chantable.

What do you mean? I think Neon Knights works fine as a finale. Actually, Die Young would be better, but that's just splitting hairs.

ADD
03-13-2007, 12:52 PM

1.) Go cry more

2.) I know several people on the Stonerrock.com forums that went specifically for Down, and I'm sure there are more

ADD
03-13-2007, 12:55 PM
These guys are not fucking robots, its exhausting to metal play in your 60s for 2 hours a night. Go do something with your life before you start bitching about what these grandpa's are doing when most people in their prime of their youth can barely run a couple miles before crapping out, let alone perform a concert to thousands of fans hanging on your every note and every move. Go cry more or shut up.

ChildrenofSodom
03-13-2007, 12:56 PM
1.) Go cry more

2.) I know several people on the Stonerrock.com forums that went specifically for Down, and I'm sure there are more

Exactly.....You bring support bands to warm up the crowd and draw more ticket sales in from the people that come just for the openner.....Picking big names such as Down and Megadeth was genius...if you ask me.

EvilCheeseWedge
03-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Go cry more or shut up.

The ironic thing is that if they "go cry more" you will bitch more. Also the irony in that you're crying about them crying and not shutting up.

/head explode

Maiden33
03-13-2007, 03:11 PM
What do you mean? I think Neon Knights works fine as a finale. Actually, Die Young would be better, but that's just splitting hairs.

I agree. Die Young would make the perfect encore, but they're playing it, and that's all I care about.

And about the Maiden thing not being right, I know it's not, but I was just trying to justify, put it into perspective, you know... It doesn't make it right, but it makes it less wrong I suppose.

JRA
03-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Exactly.....You bring support bands to warm up the crowd and draw more ticket sales in from the people that come just for the openner.....Picking big names such as Down and Megadeth was genius...if you ask me.

I'll agree with the fact that openers will warm up the crowd, but you still don't need two of them

DreamEvil001
03-14-2007, 08:28 PM
After All is a TERRIBLE opener, too slow to catch your interest so early in the set.

I would probably chage the set a bunch more, but really its alright and i'm just grateful these guys are still goin out

that said, I'm really excited and hope i can make it out to see'em :snivel: