PDA

View Full Version : Dream Rush Setlist

JRA
03-05-2007, 02:13 PM
I did this about two or three years ago. Let's do it again, but with feeling! :D

ONE LITTLE VICTORY
LIMELIGHT
ANTHEM
A PASSAGE TO BANGKOK
COLD FIRE
YYZ
THE PASS
DIGITAL MAN
BASTILLE DAY
THE BODY ELECTRIC
FREEWILL
CYGNUS X-1
---------------------------------
HEMISPHERES
CEILING UNLIMITED
CLOSER TO THE HEART
THE ANALOG KID
BETWEEN THE WHEELS
TIME STAND STILL
THE RHYTHM METHOD (DRUM SOLO)
RESIST
BY-TOR & THE SNOW DOG
THE SPIRIT OF RADIO
TOM SAWYER
================================
2112: OVERTURE/ TEMPLES OF SYRINX
LA VILLA STRANGIATO
FINDING MY WAY

ADD
03-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Yeah right :lol: Yours is good enough :cool: Well except "Ghost Rider" gotta be there, my second favorite Rush song.

JRA
03-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Yeah right :lol: Yours is good enough :cool: Well except "Ghost Rider" gotta be there, my second favorite Rush song.

Enh, I might have put that in there, if it weren't for the fact that I haven't heard Ceiling Unlimited live yet. ;)

ADD
03-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Enh, I might have put that in there, if it weren't for the fact that I haven't heard Ceiling Unlimited live yet. ;)

Well I haven't heard either :hmm:

JRA
03-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Well I haven't heard either :hmm:

Thou has not heard Rush In Rio?

ADD
03-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Thou has not heard Rush In Rio?

I thought you were talking about actually live in concert :eyes: Of course I have Rush In Rio :party:

JRA
03-06-2007, 05:08 AM
I thought you were talking about actually live in concert :eyes: Of course I have Rush In Rio :party:

No I wasn't.

Then you've heard Ghost Rider live.

zgodt
03-06-2007, 05:42 AM
2112 Overture/Temples of Syrinx
Earthshine
Tom Sawyer
The Spirit Of Radio
Xanadu
Force Ten
Natural Science
Subdivisions
The Camera Eye
Distant Early Warning
Red Sector "A"
Anthem
---
Vital Signs
Jacob's Ladder
Cygnus X-1

ADD
03-06-2007, 02:41 PM
No I wasn't.

Then you've heard Ghost Rider live.

I was still thinking of them actually live, in which case no I have not seen it :eyes:

JRA
03-06-2007, 02:51 PM
I was still thinking of them actually live, in which case no I have not seen it :eyes:

Have you actually seen Rush live?

ADD
03-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Have you actually seen Rush live?
Yup, caught their last tour in 2004, the 30th anniversary one.

JRA
03-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Yup, caught their last tour in 2004, the 30th anniversary one.

Awesome. Looking back, I think I would have rather seen that in 2004 instead of Ozzfest. I mean, yea, Judas Fucking Priest and all, but still.

ADD
03-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Awesome. Looking back, I think I would have rather seen that in 2004 instead of Ozzfest. I mean, yea, Judas Fucking Priest and all, but still.
You coulda seen Priest on the AOR tour with the 'Ryche! :D

JRA
03-06-2007, 03:03 PM
You coulda seen Priest on the AOR tour with the 'Ryche! :D

True, but I was so desparate to see Priest, I wanted to get them the first chance I got!

ADD
03-06-2007, 03:07 PM
True, but I was so desparate to see Priest, I wanted to get them the first chance I got!
"Patience is a virtue" as they say.......:cool:

No matter, Rush will be around this summer for sure :D

Fe Maiden
03-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Yup, caught their last tour in 2004, the 30th anniversary one.Holy sh*t! Was it that long ago? Where has all the time gone?:eyes:

ADD
03-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Holy sh*t! Was it that long ago? Where has all the time gone?:eyes:
I know :(

JRA
03-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Holy sh*t! Was it that long ago? Where has all the time gone?:eyes:

"Time is a gypsy caravan, that steels away the night, to leave you stranded in dreamland."

ADD
03-07-2007, 02:59 PM
"Time is a gypsy caravan, that steels away the night, to leave you stranded in dreamland."
Very nice. Except I think it "steals" away the night :eyes:

JRA
03-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Very nice. Except I think it "steals" away the night :eyes:

Goddamit!

ADD
03-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Goddamit!
:lol:

JRA
03-07-2007, 03:02 PM
:lol:

You own more Rush than I do. At least attempt a setlist.

metal_man1019
08-20-2007, 07:49 AM
1)Tom Sawyer
2)Free Will
3)Dreamline
4)The Trees
5)Ghost Rider
6)Natural Science
7)A Passage To Bankok
8)Driven
9)Closer To The Heart
10)Subdivisions
11)YYZ
12)Force Ten
13)Red Sector A
14)Spirit Of the Radio
-----------
15)One Little Victory
16)The Pass
17)La Villa Strangiato
18)Red Barchetta
19)By-Tor And The Snow Dog
20)Jacobs Ladder
21)O Baterista(Neils Solo)
22)Resist
23)2112
24)Finding My way
25)Anthem
26)Limelight
27)Xandu/Working Man

JRA
08-20-2007, 09:15 AM
I think I've picked up a couple more Rush's since I posted my first one...

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
08-20-2007, 09:43 AM
they could just play all of the tracks from Chronicles and I'd be happy.

that being said, I really enjoyed seeing them for the first time last weekend, even though I wasn't familiar with most of the new songs.

JRA
08-20-2007, 09:46 AM
they could just play all of the tracks from Chronicles and I'd be happy.

that being said, I really enjoyed seeing them for the first time last weekend, even though I wasn't familiar with most of the new songs.

Not a bad idea, but playing all of the tracks from the Retrospective albums would be an even better idea.

Speaking of which, we need a Retrospective III 1988-1995 with stuff from Presto, Roll The Bones, Counterparts & Test For Echo.

es156
08-20-2007, 10:03 AM
Speaking of which, we need a Retrospective III 1988-1995 with stuff from Presto, Roll The Bones, Counterparts & Test For Echo.

No we don't.

;)

JRA
08-20-2007, 10:20 AM
No we don't.

;)

Yea we do, so we can weed out the crap. :dance:

maidenpriest
03-23-2008, 06:00 PM
1.One Little Victory
2.Anthem
3.Afterimage
4.Vital Signs
5.Jacob's Ladder
6.Mystic Rhythms
7.Dreamline
8.Bastille Day
9.YYZ
10.Cygnus X-1
----------------------------
11.2112 Overture/Temples of Syrinx/Grand Finale
12.The Big Money
13.Freewill
14.Drum Solo
15.Distant Early Warning
16.The Enemy Within
17.The Weapon
18.Witch Hunt
19.Mystic Rhythms
20.Natural Science
21.Red Sector A
22.La Villa Strangiato
23.Xanadu
24.Limelight
25.By-Tor and the Snow Dog
26.Working Man
-----------------------
27.Tom Sawyer
28.The Spirit of Radio
29.A Passage to Bangkok

Sanitarium78
06-13-2012, 07:03 AM
Something like this for the upcoming tour would be great:

Dreamline
Limelight
Caravan
BU2B
Clockwork Angels
YYZ
Available Light
The Anarchist
Carnies
Freewill
The Body Electric
Red Barchetta

intermission

Subdivisions
The Analog Kid
Cut To The Chase
Time Stand Still
Seven Cities Of Gold
The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
La Villa Strangiato
Drum Solo
Alex's Acoustic solo
The Garden
A Farewell To Kings
Tom Sawyer
The Spirit Of Radio

Overture/Temples Of Syrinx
Fly By Night

I'm betting on a lot of new stuff again like with the S&A tour. Since the new album whoops S&A's ass, I have no problem with that.

treghet
06-17-2012, 05:01 AM
The Garden

I'm betting on a lot of new stuff again like with the S&A tour. Since the new album whoops S&A's ass, I have no problem with that.

I think that song would be pretty boring in a live setting. I agree that Clockwork Angels is much better than Snakes & Arrows though. I actually think it's the best thing they've done since Counterparts. But with that said, I wasn't blown away or anything. Only a few songs stood out to me as great.

Sanitarium78
06-17-2012, 09:02 AM
I think that song would be pretty boring in a live setting. I agree that Clockwork Angels is much better than Snakes & Arrows though. I actually think it's the best thing they've done since Counterparts. But with that said, I wasn't blown away or anything. Only a few songs stood out to me as great.

Well, there are a lot of Rush fans who are in love with The Garden. Something about how beautiful the musical arrangement is and how the lyrics make them cry. I guess i'm too metal to be that much of a pussy so i'm not sure what they're talking about, but it's a good song. The band also said in interviews that when they heard the final version of the song they got choked up to. So I can easily see the song getting played. It will be a downer but that's kind of the point. After Neil's solo he needs a short breather. Alex usually comes out and does a little acoustic diddy and then the next song usually is one that is slow for the first few minutes before Neil comes back in. The Garden fills that role perfectly instead of them doing something tired like CTTH or The Trees again.

Give the new album a few more listens. Stuff like the title track, The Anarchist, Carnies, Seven Cities Of Gold and The Wreckers are all really good songs.

treghet
06-17-2012, 11:53 PM
Well, there are a lot of Rush fans who are in love with The Garden. Something about how beautiful the musical arrangement is and how the lyrics make them cry. I guess i'm too metal to be that much of a pussy so i'm not sure what they're talking about, but it's a good song. The band also said in interviews that when they heard the final version of the song they got choked up to. So I can easily see the song getting played. It will be a downer but that's kind of the point. After Neil's solo he needs a short breather. Alex usually comes out and does a little acoustic diddy and then the next song usually is one that is slow for the first few minutes before Neil comes back in. The Garden fills that role perfectly instead of them doing something tired like CTTH or The Trees again.

Give the new album a few more listens. Stuff like the title track, The Anarchist, Carnies, Seven Cities Of Gold and The Wreckers are all really good songs.

Oh yeah, I can definitely see them playing it. I am betting they will. I just would prefer them not to.

And I planning on that soon. I've only listened to it once because I haven't really been in the mood for Rush at the moment. The title track was one of the ones I enjoyed a lot though.

Indestructible
06-18-2012, 06:17 PM
I love The Garden, it is one of my favorites on Clockwork Angels, I wouldn't mind hearing them play it. The only song on Clockwork Angels I put above The Garden is The Anarchist.

Well, there are a lot of Rush fans who are in love with The Garden. Something about how beautiful the musical arrangement is and how the lyrics make them cry. I guess i'm too metal to be that much of a pussy so i'm not sure what they're talking about

It doesn't make some on a pussy or not metal to cry when they hear a song. Rock and Metal are the most personal and emotional genres. Songwriters in Rock and Metal put more personal stories and emotion into their music than anyone else in music. Rush might not make you emotional like that, but that doesn't mean someone else can't get emotional when listening to the band. We don't know what other people's lives are like, we don't know what they have been through, so we will not understand why they feel the way they do when they listen to The Garden.

treghet
06-18-2012, 09:28 PM
It doesn't make some on a pussy or not metal to cry when they hear a song. Rock and Metal are the most personal and emotional genres. Songwriters in Rock and Metal put more personal stories and emotion into their music than anyone else in music. Rush might not make you emotional like that, but that doesn't mean someone else can't get emotional when listening to the band. We don't know what other people's lives are like, we don't know what they have been through, so we will not understand why they feel the way they do when they listen to The Garden.

Thank you for that deep insight. I completely understand now.

Indestructible
07-28-2012, 05:37 PM
Set I
1. Caravan
2. BU2B
3. Far Cry
4. The Spirit Of Radio
5. Clockwork Angels
6. The Anarchist
7. Presto
8. Stick It Out
9. Carnies
10. Halo Effect
11. Distant Early Warning
12. The Big Wheel

Set II
13. The Camera Eye
14. Seven Cities Of Gold
15. Ceiling Unlimited
16. Mission
17. The Wreckers
18. Losing It
19. BU2B2
Drum Solo
20. Territories
21. Acoustic solo/The Garden
22. Lessons
23. Circumstances
24. Freewill
27. Headlong Flight

JRA
08-07-2012, 02:00 PM
This would be pretty cool for the Clockwork Angels tour.

TOM SAWYER
HEADLONG FLIGHT
THE WRECKERS
BASTILLE DAY
CEILING UNLIMITED
SOMETHING FOR NOTHING
STICK IT OUT
WISH THEM WELL
YYZ
MANHATTAN PROJECT
LIMELIGHT
CYGNUS X-1