PDA

View Full Version : GENESIS - North American Tour Details To Be Revealed On Wednesday

es156
03-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Source: Brave Words (http://www.bravewords.com/news/61497)

"Tony Banks, Phil Collins and Mike Rutherford of the iconic band GENESIS will unveil the North American dates for their ‘Turn It On Again’ Tour at a press conference to be webcast live from New York City on Wednesday, March 7 from 11:00 a.m. – 12 noon (ET)."

DethMaiden
03-02-2007, 06:30 PM
:party:

ChildrenofSodom
03-02-2007, 07:29 PM

I'm gonna fall out of my chair laughing when no dates come close, and you start bitching.....:lol:

Or I will eat my words, and they will come to Ohio....:eyes:

DethMaiden
03-02-2007, 07:39 PM
I'm gonna fall out of my chair laughing when no dates come close, and you start bitching.....:lol:

Dude, it'll be summer. I'll go the center of the earth if need be.

ChildrenofSodom
03-02-2007, 07:48 PM

I do not doubt that....:lol: :lol:

I would take ANY show in the summer......2006 summer was so fucking boring.....any band that is even remotely appealing, or playing close, would be welcomed.....

SomewhereInTime72
03-02-2007, 07:59 PM
I'll go (if I can afford it).

iggyb387
03-02-2007, 08:07 PM
Too many members are missing though. :(

gilpdawg
03-06-2007, 06:49 PM

I'll bet you a dollar they're playing in Cleveland on 9/29 at Gund. A little birdie told me. The official announcement is tomorrow, so we'll see.

Div
03-06-2007, 08:04 PM

That would be quite the place to have a metal festival.

DethMaiden
03-07-2007, 04:50 AM
I'll bet you a dollar they're playing in Cleveland on 9/29 at Gund. A little birdie told me. The official announcement is tomorrow, so we'll see.

Ah...well...be a weekend!

ChildrenofSodom
03-07-2007, 11:03 AM
They already announced em...they are on the band website....

Sept.22nd 2007.....COLUMBUS OHIO :horns:

ChildrenofSodom
03-07-2007, 11:14 AM
https://tickets.genesis-music.com/

ADD
03-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Nice!!! :party: :party: :party:

Have a great boring show standing there and watching :D :tongue: ;)

DethMaiden
03-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Nice!!! :party: :party: :party:

Have a great boring show standing there and watching :D :tongue: ;)

I FUCKING WILL! :mad:

ADD
03-07-2007, 12:10 PM
I FUCKING WILL! :mad:
I'll make sure that night to have some kind of fun, so at least someone isn't bored watching a bunch of really old guys play some poppy dancing songs with guitars :D :tongue:

ChildrenofSodom
03-07-2007, 12:14 PM
I'll make sure that night to have some kind of fun, so at least someone isn't bored watching a bunch of really old guys play some poppy dancing songs with guitars :D :tongue:

Have a happy jerk.

DethMaiden
03-07-2007, 12:15 PM

Well, they're gonna play a certain amount of Gabriel songs: The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, Counting Out Time, Firth of Fifth, The Musical Box, and I Know What I Like for sure, plus maybe some surprises. And the first two Collins albums are great. And We Can't Dance isn't too bad.

ADD
03-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Have a happy jerk.
:wtf: :lol: Brad knows I'm teasin' :D

ADD
03-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Well, they're gonna play a certain amount of Gabriel songs: The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, Counting Out Time, Firth of Fifth, The Musical Box, and I Know What I Like for sure, plus maybe some surprises. And the first two Collins albums are great. And We Can't Dance isn't too bad.

Hopefully they do the good stuff from 'The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway'. I don't really like pop though so I can't comment too much further :eyes:

DethMaiden
03-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Hopefully they do the good stuff from 'The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway'. I don't really like pop though so I can't comment too much further :eyes:

Aww, even their poppiest stuff isn't pure pop. They still play instruments :D

ADD
03-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Yup, damn straight, pop with instruments :D

Get yer boogie on! :agree: :dance:

ChildrenofSodom
03-07-2007, 12:21 PM
I like Land of Confusion.....and if they play that and any songs off of Lamb Lies Down, I will be pleased...

ADD
03-07-2007, 12:23 PM
I like Land of Confusion.....and if they play that and any songs off of Lamb Lies Down, I will be pleased...
Disturbed's cover of that song is actually better than the original I think :lol:

I'm bagging on Genesis way too much here :lol: People are gonna start thinking I am some kinda close-minded sonuvabitch who is predjudiced against pop music :mad:

ChildrenofSodom
03-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Disturbed's cover of that song is actually better than the original I think :lol:

I'm bagging on Genesis way too much here :lol: People are gonna start thinking I am some kinda close-minded sonuvabitch who is predjudiced against pop music :mad:

I already think you are a close-minded sonuvabitch anyway, so I dont think it really matter what you thinnk about Genesis :D

And the Disturbed cover is the best song they have ever played...I like it better than the original, but that is because I heard it first....

DethMaiden
03-07-2007, 12:25 PM

OUCH. :bouville:

Well, you can bag on their pop, even I do. But as a general rule of thumb, if they made it in the 70s, its golden. :cool:

ADD
03-07-2007, 12:28 PM
OUCH. :bouville:

Well, you can bag on their pop, even I do. But as a general rule of thumb, if they made it in the 70s, its golden. :cool:
Alas, even the 70's were not immune, despite the immense load of amazing stuff that came out, especially in terms of prog, and on that scale Genesis clearly rank very low compared to some of the underground stuff that was mostly forgotten unfortunately, so people haven't got a chance to hear a lot of the really awesome shit and so they think Genesis is tight :D

DethMaiden
03-07-2007, 12:29 PM
Alas, even the 70's were not immune, despite the immense load of amazing stuff that came out, especially in terms of prog, and on that scale Genesis clearly rank very low compared to some of the underground stuff that was mostly forgotten unfortunately, so people haven't got a chance to hear a lot of the really awesome shit and so they think Genesis is tight :D

Actually, some people haven't heard all the Genesis that came out in the 70s and don't even realize how tight they are.

ADD
03-07-2007, 12:34 PM
Actually, some people haven't heard all the Genesis that came out in the 70s and don't even realize how tight they are.
True :cool: But I give you this example; a guy wants to sell you a car, and he says its a little beat up so it might not look so hot at first, but when it used to run it was the fastest car in the world, and with a little effort it would be the greatest vehicle ever once more. What do you do? You'd say fuck that and get back in your Porche :cool: Moral of the story: why try to find something great in Genesis when the first impression didn't grab me and go back through their catalogue inside and out, when I can go listen to a million other better 70's bands right at my disposal? :)

DethMaiden
03-07-2007, 01:32 PM
True :cool: But I give you this example; a guy wants to sell you a car, and he says its a little beat up so it might not look so hot at first, but when it used to run it was the fastest car in the world, and with a little effort it would be the greatest vehicle ever once more. What do you do? You'd say fuck that and get back in your Porche :cool: Moral of the story: why try to find something great in Genesis when the first impression didn't grab me and go back through their catalogue inside and out, when I can go listen to a million other better 70's bands right at my disposal? :)

That example doesn't change the fact that I love Genesis and you do not. ;)

It's all opinion.

ADD
03-07-2007, 02:05 PM
That example doesn't change the fact that I love Genesis and you do not. ;)

It's all opinion.

Yeah, but that means that me not checking out their other 70's is not my fault for not liking them, and therefore I am not obliged to have to hear all their shit before I form my opinion :D

Fe Maiden
03-07-2007, 02:06 PM
People are gonna start thinking I am some kinda close-minded sonuvabitch You mean.......you're not?;)

JRA
03-07-2007, 02:08 PM
You mean.......you're not?;)

I know stuck up bitches whose legs are more open than ADD's mind is. :D

ADD
03-07-2007, 02:15 PM
:lol: :metal:

I love it, this is the only place I can come to be thought of as a close-minded person :party: That is so much more metal anyways :rocker:

ADD
03-07-2007, 02:16 PM
You mean.......you're not?;)

And that post was in irony because I know everyone here thinks that I am :D

Fe Maiden
03-07-2007, 02:25 PM
And that post was in irony because I know everyone here thinks that I am :DSigh....I guess the ;) is too subtle for some to catch sarcasm!

ADD
03-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Sigh....I guess the ;) is too subtle for some to catch sarcasm!
No I caught it :D I just thought I would point that out :allan:

Fe Maiden
03-07-2007, 02:28 PM
No I caught it :D I just thought I would point that out :allan:Well then, if you caught it, you can't say "everyone" thinks you are now can you?

ADD
03-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Well then, if you caught it, you can't say "everyone" thinks you are now can you?
98% then? ;) :D :tongue:

Fe Maiden
03-07-2007, 02:30 PM
It's all opinion.Indeed, although that proves to be a difficult concept for some to grab:eyes:

Fe Maiden
03-07-2007, 02:31 PM
98% then? ;) :D :tongue::lol: Yep!

ADD
03-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Indeed, although that proves to be a difficult concept for some to grab:eyes:

:eyes:

JRA
03-07-2007, 02:56 PM
:eyes:

I'm just glad you got my joke, I spent a good two minutes thinking I worded it wrong.

ADD
03-07-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm just glad you got my joke, I spent a good two minutes thinking I worded it wrong.

Yes, it was a complex idea, but you nailed it :party: :D

powerslave_85
03-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Pop with instruments is still pop :)

Not that there's anything wrong with that. There's a lot of good pop out there.

JRA
03-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Pop with instruments is still pop :)

Not that there's anything wrong with that. There's a lot of good pop out there.

http://www.udel.edu/BCC/images/past/billy_joel1.jpg

ADD
03-07-2007, 05:27 PM
No :hecho:

Bouville
03-07-2007, 08:32 PM
No :hecho:

I raise your :hecho:

:hecho: :hecho:

HECHO EN MEXICO
03-07-2007, 11:45 PM