Patience
Nightrain
-----------
IRS
Madagascar
Paradise City

DreamEvil001
02-17-2007, 02:53 PM
what'd you think of the show? i caught this tour when they came to Oakland and it was damn good. Not at all what I expected. I basically went because my cousin was interested but i was blown away. rose has got a really good band playing with him. The setlist was basically the same in Oakland, except no IRS or o canada, and Lars Ulrich guest spotted on Out Ta Get Me

:cool:

es156
02-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Wow, I think they need a couple more solos. Who do they think they are, Van Halen?

JRA
02-17-2007, 06:42 PM
Wow, I think they need a couple more solos. Who do they think they are, Van Halen?

The best part is I can think of a song for each solo they have going:

You're Crazy (acoustic)
Civil War
Pretty Tied Up
Move To The City (I'm actually surprised that one's not in there)

DreamEvil001
02-17-2007, 06:44 PM

3 guitarists and a pianist ... and they were all awesome

DethMaiden
02-18-2007, 06:35 AM
This band is nothing without Slash, Sorum, Stradlin, and whatever the hell the bass player's name was. Axl shouldn't be able to parade his solo band around as G n' R.

DreamEvil001
02-18-2007, 07:12 AM
This band is nothing without Slash, Sorum, Stradlin, and whatever the hell the bass player's name was. Axl shouldn't be able to parade his solo band around as G n' R.

i thought the same going in but really, its an amazingly tight band and they pulled all the old songs and the new ones off really well

es156
02-18-2007, 10:46 AM

Duff McKagan

DethMaiden
02-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Duff McKagan

Yes, him. Axl needs all of those guys.

anthraxmosher
02-18-2007, 12:05 PM
Yes, him. Axl needs all of those guys.

Agreed. Guns N Roses is not Guns N Roses without them.

Frantic Canadian
02-19-2007, 10:15 AM
what'd you think of the show? i caught this tour when they came to Oakland and it was damn good. Not at all what I expected. I basically went because my cousin was interested but i was blown away. rose has got a really good band playing with him. The setlist was basically the same in Oakland, except no IRS or o canada, and Lars Ulrich guest spotted on Out Ta Get Me

:cool:

I thought it was amazing. I had never seen them live before, they hadn't been to Ottawa since 1988 when they were opening for Iron Maiden, so I was really excited to see them. They put on a great show, which didn't start until 11:58 PM. I'd love to see them again no matter who's in the band, as long as Axl is still fronting it that is.

DreamEvil001
02-19-2007, 12:35 PM
They put on a great show, which didn't start until 11:58 PM.

Yeah, that part pissed me off... they didn't start until 12:30 and did a 2 and a half hour set which was cool, but i was so tired. especially annoying since the first two bands should have been cut; they were just a waste of time. one was helmet and the other was suicide girls, which wasn't even a band, just 6 or 7 ugly chicks dancing in thongs to hard rock songs played over the PA. :hecho:

Frantic Canadian
02-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Yeah, that part pissed me off... they didn't start until 12:30 and did a 2 and a half hour set which was cool, but i was so tired. especially annoying since the first two bands should have been cut; they were just a waste of time. one was helmet and the other was suicide girls, which wasn't even a band, just 6 or 7 ugly chicks dancing in thongs to hard rock songs played over the PA. :hecho:

We had Die Mannequin, The Suicide Girls and Sebastian Bach as opening acts. Die Mannequin wasn't bad but I didn't care for the Suicide Girls. I went there to see a rock show not a strip show. Die Mannequin was only on the tour for like 5 Canadian dates. Sebastian Bach however I was really happy to see because I was a huge Skid Row fan and even though he's not with Skid Row anymore he's still doing mostly SR material so it's basically the same thing.

I was pretty tired myself because the show let out at ten after two and the bus left at 2:20. I got downtown at three in the morning and had to walk home so I didn't get home until 3:30 in the morning and then I got up early, although slightly later than I wanted to, to buy my Slayer ticket for the February 9th show, which was awesome btw.

DreamEvil001
02-21-2007, 06:53 PM
We had Die Mannequin, The Suicide Girls and Sebastian Bach as opening acts. Die Mannequin wasn't bad but I didn't care for the Suicide Girls. I went there to see a rock show not a strip show. Die Mannequin was only on the tour for like 5 Canadian dates. Sebastian Bach however I was really happy to see because I was a huge Skid Row fan and even though he's not with Skid Row anymore he's still doing mostly SR material so it's basically the same thing.

I was pretty tired myself because the show let out at ten after two and the bus left at 2:20. I got downtown at three in the morning and had to walk home so I didn't get home until 3:30 in the morning and then I got up early, although slightly later than I wanted to, to buy my Slayer ticket for the February 9th show, which was awesome btw.

yeah bach was cool, im not too familiar w/ skid row but it sounded good. we didnt get home until 3 and we didnt stay for the last two songs. then i had to get up at 8 to take my drivers licence test :mad: